Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (344605 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:51am On Oct 10, 2014
Bororojo:
you mean "Ndaru" "Ndaru" ?

Yes sir lolll

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 10, 2014
Omarbah:

are they from Gombe?

they are from Marwa, Diamare.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:13am On Oct 11, 2014
Bororojo:
you mean "Ndaru" "Ndaru" ?
we say Ndaru too. How about you guys in Nigeria's Adamawa?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:14am On Oct 11, 2014
Adamawa is definitely a must see region for me.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
Omarbah:

we say Ndaru too. How about you guys in Nigeria's Adamawa?

We say Laaru
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
Omarbah:
Adamawa is definitely a must see region for me.

Musiido, I think you will like it
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
Fulanis are to West Africa what Europeans are to America. smiley

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 13, 2014
Omar Bah, is this you?? lol

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 13, 2014
Our Brothers from Gombe repping.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 13, 2014
Katsina Repping!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 13, 2014
Nokkure Bauchi.....

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 13, 2014
Proud of my people!

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 13, 2014
We need a detailed version of this.
A Fulani encyclopedia, that collates every aspect of our culture, history, diversity, customs, etc.
We are a Nation.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:45am On Oct 13, 2014
Nice photos Bororojo

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:46am On Oct 13, 2014
So is it Lenol (I can't type the accent) or is it Lenyol?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 13, 2014
the NY sound is the same as Ñ
LENYOL or LEÑOL

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 13, 2014
axum:
Fulanis are to West Africa what Europeans are to America. smiley

What does that mean actually?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 13, 2014
Fulaman, what do you think about the compatibility between our culture and our religion?
I won't post some pictures of an event i saw here, because i feel the religious aspect supplanted the cultural vitality of the whole show.

I mean, someone trying to depict a Fulani milk maid, who is virtually covered in Burqa......... the essence of what she is trying to be will never shine through what she is wearing....

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 13, 2014
Fulaman198:
Nice photos Bororojo

Miyetti sanne....
Mbodirka, derdiraaku, Nyarol e Taddugal sey Fulbe.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:27am On Oct 13, 2014
Bororojo:
Fulaman, what do you think about the compatibility between our culture and our religion?
I won't post some pictures of an event i saw here, because i feel the religious aspect supplanted the cultural vitality of the whole show.

I mean, someone trying to depict a Fulani milk maid, who is virtually covered in Burqa......... the essence of what she is trying to be will never shine through what she is wearing....

Well between our culture and Islam, I think to a certain extent they flow well together. Though when I think of less Islamic Ful6e groups like the Mbororo'en still living the lifestyle I wonder sometimes. i think various religious aspects are making us give up aspects of our beautiful culture and tradition. You may get angry at me for saying this, but sometimes I don't feel like a Pullo Dimo even though Islam is great. I don't feel as free as say a Pullo Bodaddo. I mean today, I'm into engineering and doing computer engineering related things, it makes me sad. I'm very traditional at heart, but sometimes I would really want to return to lifestyle of nomad-ism.

The traditional Pullo (Fulani) has only two goals in life: to own the largest number of animals in the world and to listen to stories told by his pretty wife at night.

Do you know the story of Penda Yoro?

'Penda Yoro was a girl who has shown the value of dignity, nobility and sensitivity. She does not live, but she must not be forgotten. Penda Yoro was a young, beautiful, educated, sought after girl. She was the revelation of the year. As a servant to a French Catholic missionary she received an advanced European style education. She was more educated than her brothers, for whom whites were taboo. She dressed in the expensive boubous/kaftans referred to by the name “expensive oil.” It was the fabric of 1968 sold in Pakistan. She lived in the Tenenkou area (in the region of Mopti) where there were weekly village markets which still exist today. The young Ful6e(Fulani) people took advantage of these meetings to show off their best clothes and their beauty. Penda Yoro was a very welcoming girl and every evening griots gathered around her in order to celebrate with her completely dazed by her legendary beauty.'

I want to go back to those kind of times. I want to own thousands of cattle, some goats and some camel as well. I want to have the beautiful traditional Fulani woman (she does not have to wear a Burqa because I know that our women are very respectful and are very dignified without it). I want to return to a time where we Fulbe were living our lives as true free nomads. Islam is beautiful like I said before, but one must never forget their culture before Islam. Our culture predates Islam by thousands of years. I'm not speaking completely through bernde am right now because I feel some of you may be upset with what I'm trying to say.

I feel that traditional Fulani culture is one of the most beautiful things in this earth.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:29am On Oct 13, 2014
Bororojo:

Miyetti sanne....
Mbodirka, derdiraaku, Nyarol e Taddugal sey Fulbe.

Usseko Bororojo derdam, An a pullo konowo!
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2014
Bororojo:
Omar Bah, is this you?? lol
lol no brother, that's not me, it's another Pullo Futa

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 5:53pm On Oct 13, 2014
Bororojo:

for the most part, Pulaagu and Islam are compatible. Munyal, Gacce (modesty, respect), Hakkile and Sagata are values promoted both by Islam and Pulaagu. However embracing Islam has made us abandon part of our culture to fully embrace the religion. Having multiple wives, carrying Arab names which some mistakenly take for being Muslim are among the few things we adopted.
Up until recently, there was a harmony between culture and religion. The Malikite school of thought which dominated the African continent does not mind culture as long as it does not against Islam. But with the surge of Wahhabism, I fear that there will be a clash. I am against the Burqa, it is not Fulani, it is not African. A Muslim woman can dress appropriately without putting it on. I am also in favor of using our Fulbe names exclusively. In Futa, they are still used but generally associated with Arab names. For example, Aissatou Sadio, Aissatou Penda, Umar Yero, Amadou Sara, Mamadou Samba. Only the rimaybe carry exclusive Fulbe names. See the Fulbe that overtook Futa Jallon mainly came from Boundou, Macina and Timbuktu, I suspect that they had too much Arab influence on them.
I remember reading once that El Hadj Umar Tall asked Thierno Samba Mombeya (an Islamic Professor) to stop translating Islamic books into Pulaar under the pretext that Arabic will eventually disappear if he does that. It is this kind of thinking that won't bring us progress. It is perfectly fine to learn science and religion in our language.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
Omarbah:

for the most part, Pulaagu and Islam are compatible. Munyal, Gacce (modesty, respect), Hakkile and Sagata are values promoted both by Islam and Pulaagu. However embracing Islam has made us abandon part of our culture to fully embrace the religion. Having multiple wives, carrying Arab names which some mistakenly take for being Muslim are among the few things we adopted.
Up until recently, there was a harmony between culture and religion. The Malikite school of thought which dominated the African continent does not mind culture as long as it does not against Islam. But with the surge of Wahhabism, I fear that there will be a clash. I am against the Burqa, it is not Fulani, it is not African. A Muslim woman can dress appropriately without putting it on. I am also in favor of using our Fulbe names exclusively. In Futa, they are still used but generally associated with Arab names. For example, Aissatou Sadio, Aissatou Penda, Umar Yero, Amadou Sara, Mamadou Samba. Only the rimaybe carry exclusive Fulbe names. See the Fulbe that overtook Futa Jallon mainly came from Boundou, Macina and Timbuktu, I suspect that they had too much Arab influence on them.
I remember reading once that El Hadj Umar Tall asked Thierno Samba Mombeya (an Islamic Professor) to stop translating Islamic books into Pulaar under the pretext that Arabic will eventually disappear if he does that. It is this kind of thinking that won't bring us progress. It is perfectly fine to learn science and religion in our language.

Yah that's what I was trying to say without sounding offensive. Even names like Aissatou, Amadou and Mamadou are Arabized names. Aissatou = Aisha, Amadou - Ahmad, Mamadou - Mohammed. Though most people who don't live in the West African region may not know that ROFLLL. Sadio/Sajoh, Yero/Yaro, Samba/Sambo are all Fulani names though exclusively.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
@OmarBah I also forgot to say that it's not only Rimaybe that carry pure Fulani names. There are some clans like the Wodaabe and some Mbororo'en that use true Fulani names as well.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by BahPulo(f): 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
Fulaman198:

'Penda Yoro was a girl who has shown the value of dignity, nobility and sensitivity. She does not live, but she must not be forgotten. Penda Yoro was a young, beautiful, educated, sought after girl. She was the revelation of the year. As a servant to a French Catholic missionary she received an advanced European style education. She was more educated than her brothers, for whom whites were taboo. She dressed in the expensive boubous/kaftans referred to by the name “expensive oil.” It was the fabric of 1968 sold in Pakistan. She lived in the Tenenkou area (in the region of Mopti) where there were weekly village markets which still exist today. The young Ful6e(Fulani) people took advantage of these meetings to show off their best clothes and their beauty. Penda Yoro was a very welcoming girl and every evening griots gathered around her in order to celebrate with her completely dazed by her legendary beauty.'

I want to go back to those kind of times. I want to own thousands of cattle, some goats and some camel as well. I want to have the beautiful traditional Fulani woman (she does not have to wear a Burqa because I know that our women are very respectful and are very dignified without it). I want to return to a time where we Fulbe were living our lives as true free nomads. Islam is beautiful like I said before, but one must never forget their culture before Islam. Our culture predates Islam by thousands of years. I'm not speaking completely through bernde am right now because I feel some of you may be upset with what I'm trying to say.

I feel that traditional Fulani culture is one of the most beautiful things in this earth.

totally agree with this post especially the part about name. I believe most people in Guinea associate the real fulani names with being machudho. Which is crazy I mean name such as yero, samba, diouhayratu would instantly tell people who you are but say Fatoumata, Aissatou or Kadiatou you could be anything in west Africa from wolof to malinkhe. The worst part now is some have even decided to take the africanized version off these names completely. Djenabou is Zainab only now or Mariama is just Mariam. As for the burqa I don't think anyone hates it more that my dad. He won't even great you back when you are wearing one. I think you are right too about wahhabism ability to cause problem. I mean it causes problem even between family members. I love the name Cirah but remember my cousin getting pick on for this name a lot.

EId Mubarak my Fulani brothers, I hope you had a good eid. I hope fulani sisters will join the conversation so I won't be so outnumbered in here

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
Dediraabe/Sakkirabe/Bandiraabe fulbe dum woni 'mmj' e fulfulde?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2014
Bororojo:

What does that mean actually?

They came, they saw, they took, and now you guys are all grateful
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:01am On Oct 18, 2014
Fulaman198:
could you use it in a sentence?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
Fulaman198:

banndiraawo mi anda.
what is mmj? looks more like a short form, no?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
Bororojo:

banndiraawo mi anda.
what is mmj? looks more like a short form, no?

@OmarBah and Bororojo, a Senegalese Tukulor told me that it is 'lol' in Fulfulde/Pulaar. But I have no idea what it stands for.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
oh ok, mmj= mi maayi jaleeɗe as in "mort de rire" in French. wink
Senegalese are truly progressive with our language, they take it a step forward.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.