Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,165 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:07 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (342829 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

Yes, we do have the Dikko (Dicko) name in Nigeria it's actually quite common.
I think Lamido Sanusi's great grandfather was a Dikko. I remember it from reading on him.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 10:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
Omarbah:

I think Lamido Sanusi's great grandfather was a Dikko. I remember it from reading on him.

Yes that's correct my brother
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by kaura5000: 4:11am On Apr 15, 2015
Omarbah:

no his great grandfathers name is dabo I dont know whether it is a fula name... the ones bearing dikko are those from katsina royal family
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:04am On Apr 16, 2015
kaura5000:
no his great grandfathers name is dabo I dont know whether it is a fula name... the ones bearing dikko are those from katsina royal family

Not everyone bearing the name "Dikko" are from the Katsina Royal family. His great-grandfather was also Bayero which is completely a Fulani name.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
kaura5000:
You are right, those of Kano are of the Dano dynasty. I assumed they were both Dikko since they were of the Sullubawa clan. The emirs of Katsina carry their last name while those of Kano do not. Both the Kano and Katsina dyanisties are Torobe which is a caste of clerics of the fulanis( some call the, Hal Pularen meaning those that speak fulfulde). Both Dikko and Dabo aren't typical ( origina four) fulani last names. But in the sahel anything is possible lol. For example the former President of Mali, Amadou Toumani TOURE was fulani despite his name being Manden, not just any Mande, but their noble men.
It seems like despite not speaking or living around fulbe ( fulanis) the emirs of kano still carry in their fulani names like Lamido or Bayero. It's like the Fellata of Saudi. You meet them of social network, they always tell you there are fulanis despite not being able to speak the language. I like it. As long as they remember their origins they can always learn their language some day.
Brother, do you speak fulfulde? Even a little bit?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
Omarbah:

You are right, those of Kano are of the Dano dynasty. I assumed they were both Dikko since they were of the Sullubawa clan. The emirs of Katsina carry their last name while those of Kano do not. Both the Kano and Katsina dyanisties are Torobe which is a caste of clerics of the fulanis( some call the, Hal Pularen meaning those that speak fulfulde). Both Dikko and Dabo aren't typical ( origina four) fulani last names. But in the sahel anything is possible lol. For example the former President of Mali, Amadou Toumani TOURE was fulani despite his name being Manden, not just any Mande, but their noble men.
It seems like despite not speaking or living around fulbe ( fulanis) the emirs of kano still carry in their fulani names like Lamido or Bayero. It's like the Fellata of Saudi. You meet them of social network, they always tell you there are fulanis despite not being able to speak the language. I like it. As long as they remember their origins they can always learn their language some day.
Brother, do you speak fulfulde? Even a little bit?

@Omar Ba, Toumani and Toure are both completely Mande names in origin right? Dabo is too I believe. I know I had a classmate when I schooled in the U.S. with the surname "Dabo" and he was from Burkina Faso and was a Mande. It's true that both Kano and Katsina are Toroobe and originally from Fouta Tooro and if they spoke their Fulani lang, it would sound like the Fulfulde/Pular spoken in Senegal.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hey OmarBah, please listen to this song carefully:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqraUr8-eQo
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 8:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
Fulaman198:

@Omar Ba, Toumani and Toure are both completely Mande names in origin right? Dabo is too I believe. I know I had a classmate when I schooled in the U.S. with the surname "Dabo" and he was from Burkina Faso and was a Mande. It's true that both Kano and Katsina are Toroobe and originally from Fouta Tooro and if they spoke their Fulani lang, it would sound like the Fulfulde/Pular spoken in Senegal.
Toumani is a Fula name mostly carried by Wassulu Fulas.
The fact that both of the Kano and Katsina families are Torobe takes us back to the convo we were having s few days ago when you told me Nigeria fulanis are mixed, they come from all other regions of west Africa. Also an important detail, despite those two families being torobe, they call themselves Fulanis so it shows how much the term tukulor is confusing. Torobe is a class of clerics, not an ethnic group as the french tried so hard to prove.
Now, do they speak fulfulde? Like the Pulaar of Futa Toro?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
Omarbah:

Toumani is a Fula name mostly carried by Wassulu Fulas.
The fact that both of the Kano and Katsina families are Torobe takes us back to the convo we were having s few days ago when you told me Nigeria fulanis are mixed, they come from all other regions of west Africa. Also an important detail, despite those two families being torobe, they call themselves Fulanis so it shows how much the term tukulor is confusing. Torobe is a class of clerics, not an ethnic group as the french tried so hard to prove.
Now, do they speak fulfulde? Like the Pulaar of Futa Toro?

The Toroobe are indeed a group of clerics. When I said Nigerian Fulanis are mixed, I meant that we have a lot of different Fulani sub-clans here (Ba'en, Kesu'en, etc. etc.) I wasn't implying that we are mixed with anything else except Fulani cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. That's why in Nigeria if you look at the dialects, there are over 20 Fulani dialects, however Adamawaare and Gombe dialects are the largest ones out of the several. Though one who grew up in a village or has a Mbororo background shouldn't have a problem picking up the various Fulani dialects.

In regards to Kano and Katsina Fulani being able to speak their respective Fulfulde, yes, in Kano there are people who do speak Fulfulde. The problem is that the number isn't much. Despite Bororojo once telling us that Baba Buhari can speak Fulfulde, I have never heard him speak Fulfulde, he has more of a Hausa accent than a Fulani accent, and he is from an area not far from Kano (he is from Daura).

Yar'adua was from Katsina, but he could not speak Fulfulde as well. Most of those Fulbe in NW Nigeria I don't understand why they abandoned the language in favour of Hausa. It does not make sense to me. They could have easily kept the language. I'm glad that we in NE did keep the language.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
Fulaman198:

The Toroobe are indeed a group of clerics. When I said Nigerian Fulanis are mixed, I meant that we have a lot of different Fulani sub-clans here (Ba'en, Kesu'en, etc. etc.) I wasn't implying that we are mixed with anything else except Fulani cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. That's why in Nigeria if you look at the dialects, there are over 20 Fulani dialects, however Adamawaare and Gombe dialects are the largest ones out of the several. Though one who grew up in a village or has a Mbororo background shouldn't have a problem picking up the various Fulani dialects.

In regards to Kano and Katsina Fulani being able to speak their respective Fulfulde, yes, in Kano there are people who do speak Fulfulde. The problem is that the number isn't much. Despite Bororojo once telling us that Baba Buhari can speak Fulfulde, I have never heard him speak Fulfulde, he has more of a Hausa accent than a Fulani accent, and he is from an area not far from Kano (he is from Daura).

Yar'adua was from Katsina, but he could not speak Fulfulde as well. Most of those Fulbe in NW Nigeria I don't understand why they abandoned the language in favour of Hausa. It does not make sense to me. They could have easily kept the language. I'm glad that we in NE did keep the language.
I know what you meant as regard to the mixture of fulbe in Nigeria. As for fulanis in that region speaking Hausa only , from my readings I have discovered that Hausa is a lot less complicated then fulfulde. Also since Hausa are the majority in that region and other small ethnic groups adopt their language then the fulbe too went along.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
Omarbah:

I know what you meant as regard to the mixture of fulbe in Nigeria. As for fulanis in that region speaking Hausa only , from my readings I have discovered that Hausa is a lot less complicated then fulfulde. Also since Hausa are the majority in that region and other small ethnic groups adopt their language then the fulbe too went along.

Bandirawo/Dedirawo, when you are born, the first language you hear is your native tongue. Fulfulde/Pulaar as a native tongue to a Native in itself isn't hard to learn (if it's native to you). So there really isn't any excuse. It's like saying English and French are hard for native speakers of those languges. You know what I mean bro? I don't think it's ever acceptable to abandon ones language. But at least the excuse I give them is that they didn't abandon their language for a European language.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
Fulaman198:

Bandirawo/Dedirawo, when you are born, the first language you hear is your native tongue. Fulfulde/Pulaar as a native tongue to a Native in itself isn't hard to learn (if it's native to you). So there really isn't any excuse. It's like saying English and French are hard for native speakers of those languges. You know what I mean bro? I don't think it's ever acceptable to abandon ones language. But at least the excuse I give them is that they didn't abandon their language for a European language.
It's kind of hard to forgive that. Wassulu fulas are blamed for the same reason by some Futa Jallon fulbe .

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
Omarbah:

It's kind of hard to forgive that. Wassulu fulas are blamed for the same reason by some Futa Jallon fulbe .

They have reason to be blamed. It's a bit ridiculous to give up your own language.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:41am On Apr 17, 2015
Fulaman198:
Hey OmarBah, please listen to this song carefully:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqraUr8-eQo
I Just listened to it like three or four times. I noticed in the beginning he says "Pullo djon Petenere... Dikko" then he says Gido Mariama Dikko if I heard him well.
Do you know who he is talking about?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:03am On Apr 17, 2015
Omarbah:

I Just listened to it like three or four times. I noticed in the beginning he says "Pullo djon Petenere... Dikko" then he says Gido Mariama Dikko if I heard him well.
Do you know who he is talking about?

I don't know who his friend (Gido) Mariama Dikko is, it must be local to the Timbuktu region of Mali in his village where he met her. I thought it was a good song though, very fascinating. Most of the time from what i see in Fulani songs, when they praise heroes, it's always local heroes (we do the same in Nigeria). So sadly, I don't know this Malian lady Mariama Dikko.

Pullo jon petenere....Dikko (Dicko)!!! He was a great guitarist walahi Ali Farka Toure

Tell me what you think of this song Mbawdi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUUiJJrVxWE

The introduction is completely in Fulfulde, let me know how much you understand of it, it is in Maasinakoore Fulfulde of Mali.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
Fulaman198:

I don't know who his friend (Gido) Mariama Dikko is, it must be local to the Timbuktu region of Mali in his village where he met her. I thought it was a good song though, very fascinating. Most of the time from what i see in Fulani songs, when they praise heroes, it's always local heroes (we do the same in Nigeria). So sadly, I don't know this Malian lady Mariama Dikko.

Pullo jon petenere....Dikko (Dicko)!!! He was a great guitarist walahi Ali Farka Toure

Tell me what you think of this song Mbawdi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUUiJJrVxWE

The introduction is completely in Fulfulde, let me know how much you understand of it, it is in Maasinakoore Fulfulde of Mali.
It is nicely played . Timbuktu must be such a cosmopolitan city with people from all backgrounds. It seems though that folks from there speak fulfulde. Is it a majority language there?
I know the Tuaregs are claiming the city, but I doubt it was founded by them.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
Omarbah:

It is nicely played . Timbuktu must be such a cosmopolitan city with people from all backgrounds. It seems though that folks from there speak fulfulde. Is it a majority language there?
I know the Tuaregs are claiming the city, but I doubt it was founded by them.

Timbuktu is as diverse as Abuja. You are right about the people speaking Fulfulde, because Ali Farka Touré is Songhai. There is every ethnic group represented well in Timbuktu, however I don't know why Tuaregs want to claim it when it was most likely the Songhai (Sonrai/Zarma) who founded it. The largest ethnic group in the country of Mali remains the Mande Bambara (Bamankan), we the Fulani are the second largest ethnic group in Mali so that's why the language may also be spoken very widely.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:02am On Apr 19, 2015
Fulaman198:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt1cURTpKug
The pride of our Pulaagu is shared throughout the region. One day insh'Allah, I will tour all of the regions in west Africa inhabited by
our people.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:10am On Apr 19, 2015
Omarbah:

The pride of our Pulaagu is shared throughout the region. One day insh'Allah, I will tour all of the regions in west Africa inhabited by
our people.

Insh'Allah that is my wish as well bro.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by zeb04(f): 12:26am On Apr 21, 2015
Hey guys,less talk and more pictures.
I am a fualani myself smiley although,only with the nose.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:15am On Apr 21, 2015
zeb04:

To be a Fulani you must introduce yourself in Fulfulde/Pulaar otherwise you are a non-Fulani to me.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
zeb04:
well welcome on this tread. You are a Pullo (Fulani) from where?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:42am On Apr 22, 2015
Omarbah:

well welcome on this tread. You are a Pullo (Fulani) from where?

O wonani pullo, o debbo americanjo bandirawo.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
Fulaman198:

O wonani pullo, o debbo americanjo bandirawo.
Ada andi o debbo?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
Omarbah:

Ada andi o debbo?

Mido anda mo, amma o wonani Pullo sam!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by tpiadotcom: 12:55am On Apr 24, 2015
how does it feel to be the subject of so much interest all the time?

I just came across this photo:

and the man seems a little bit exasperated imo although I could be wrong.

do you like the attention or just take it in stride?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
tpiadotcom:
how does it feel to be the subject of so much interest all the time?

I just came across this photo:

and the man seems a little bit exasperated imo although I could be wrong.

do you like the attention or just take it in stride?

As long as people are not talking about Fulani in a negative manner, I'm not too upset. But yah it's ridiculous at times.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by kandiikane(m): 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
Fulaman198:

As long as people are not talking about Fulani in a negative manner, I'm not too upset. But yah it's ridiculous at times.

You know she is being sarcastic right.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by HalimaSadiya(f): 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
jayseehe:
ehm, if they are beautiful, why do they use Igbo and Yoruba girls as their state representatives for miss Nigeria pageant

*looks left, looks right... runs away from thread
Because we are Muslims !
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 1:58am On Apr 28, 2015
HalimaSadiya:
Because we are Muslims !

Foma gidado am HalimaSadiya, a jaamo? An a debbo pullo (pullo debbo, fuu gootum)? Ha toy a woni? A nani Fulfulde?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by HalimaSadiya(f): 6:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Fulaman198:

They have reason to be blamed. It's a bit ridiculous to give up your own language.
Haba ! not really my parents in my own case didn't make me learn from childhood...it's rusty but I'm really trying now : (

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.