Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism (4533 Views)

When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) / Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
IbrahimMav: embrace Islam and be saved.

Be honest with me Ibrahim. What do you believe will happen a woman like Mother Theresa or a man like Mahatma Gandhi who died without embracing Islam?
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by aligs: 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
Reiyvinn: Hello Nairalanders,

I've been going through a lot lately and it's been a source of bother to me.

Something keeps echoing in me that perhaps, there may be a God out there and that I may have really hurt with the things I've been posting lately so I think I just want to be on the safe side just in case there happens to be a "Last Day" (if you know what I mean) thus I think I want to leave Atheism; I feel it's too much of a delusion on me.

BUT........

there is a big problem that has me stuck in this very dilemma.

Guys, please I need your advise on the following.

* GOD:

Yahweh, Allah, Brahman, Buddha, Amadioha, Olodumare, Sango, Zeus, Jupiter, Bel, Asante, Astarte, Moloch, Sugmad, Aliens, Satan, Odin, Dagon, e.t.c.

Which of these Gods should I worship?

* RELIGION:

Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Eckankar, Zoroastranism, Order of Dagon, Wicca, Taoism, Baha'i, Sikhism, Semitic Pagan, Roman Pagan, Heathenism, Buddhism, Celtic Pagan, Gnosticism, e.t.c.

Which of the above religions should I follow?

* HOLY BOOK:

Bible, Qur'an, Veda, Suktras, Book of Satan, Torah, Apocrypha, Gnostic Scriptures, Baha'i Texts, Hellenistic Texts, e.t.c.

Which of the above Holy Books should I believe?

* HAGIOGRAPHY:

Jesus Christ, Muhammad, Buddha, Krisha, Baha'i, Perseus, Merlin, Mani, Anton LaVey, Joseph Smith, e.t.c.

Which of these Holy Men should believe?

----------------------------

I need an honest opinion please, not just biased trash. What do you suggest that I do?

* when offering me your advice, I'd appreciate it if you state your reason for whatever suggestion you may offer.

* Please and please don't tell me to "pray to God for guidance" because you haven't even told me the "God" to pray to, in what "Religious Style" I should pray, the "Holy Book" I should recall while praying and the "Holy Man" that should be my center of focus while praying. Please don't!! If you can't offer any suggestions just read comments.

Thanks.
. And keep an open mind, without bias or hate when seeking knowledge. Hopefully, you will know the truth when you see it.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by IbrahimMav: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Be honest with me Ibrahim. What do you believe will happen a woman like Mother Theresa or a man like Mahatma Gandhi who died without embracing Islam?

it has been said:

يُرِيدُونَ لِيُطْفِئُوا نُورَ اللَّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَاللَّهُ مُتِمُّ نُورِهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ

They desire to put out the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah will perfect His light, though the unbelievers may be averse. May the light of Allah shine upon you.

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
aligs: . Seek knowledge my guy, don't just read one book. Read a lot of books about islam and not just our holy prophet Muhammad (SAW), also read about other Prophets such as of Jesus (AS), Abraham (AS), Moses (AS), Isaac (AS), Adam (AS), Ishaq(AS), Lot (AS), David (AS), Noah (AS) etc. Seek knowledge about death, the day of reckoning etc from the view point of Islam and compare with other religions. Knowledge is vast!!!!! You can't possibly know it all but knowledge surely benefits

SMH....

What makes you think I've only read one book...? I've researched the in and out of Islam and for me to have recommended the book (UNDERSTANDING MUHAMMAD by Ali sina), I know what I've seen in it that you have absolutely no idea about.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by twosquare(m): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Dude, to be honest with you, Lemme just break the ice.

It is you that really needs to seek knowledge about Islam.

Read the Book "UNDERSTANDING MUHAMMAD" by Ali Sina and you'll know what I'm talking about. You can google it if you wish.
Matthew 11:27-30.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by aligs: 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
Reiyvinn:

SMH....

What makes you think I've only read one book...? I've researched the in and out of Islam and for me to have recommended the book (UNDERSTANDING MUHAMMAD by Ali sina), I know what I've seen in it that you have absolutely no idea about.
. Well, I have given my advice... I will end my comments by repeating what my brother Ibrahim told u earlier... it has been said:

يُرِيدُونَ لِيُطْفِئُوا نُورَ اللَّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَاللَّهُ مُتِمُّ نُورِهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ

They desire to put out the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah will perfect His light, though the unbelievers may be averse. May the light of Allah shine upon you

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
IbrahimMav:

it has been said:

They desire to put out the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah will perfect His light, though the unbelievers may be averse. May the light of Allah shine upon you.

the Qur'an states:

"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will NEVER be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter HE WILL BE ONE OF THE LOSERS." (Surah Al-Imran 3, verse 85).

Hadith, Sahih Murlim, the Book of Faith, Vol. 1, Number 240 states:

Allah's Messenger said: "By Him (Allah) in whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, there is none from tge amongst the Jews and the Christians (of these present nation) who hear about me and then dies without believing in the Message with which I have been sent (Islamic Monotheism), but he will be from the dwellers of the (Hell) Fire."

Both Mother Theresa and Mahatma Gandhi, according to your Qur'an, were guilty of an unpardonable Sin (Shirk) both Ash-Shirk-al-Akbar and Ash-Shirk-al-Asghar by not just ascribing partners with Allah and praying to other Deitys/Persons but didn't even acknowledge Allah as their God!!

Don't cover up for your religion bro, Taqiyya (Permissible Lie used in promoting Islam) does not work here.

3 Likes

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Swiftboy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
aligs: . Unfortunately I can not show you what your heart doesn't desire. Seeking knowledge is the best left to you.. Cz in the end it is all about you, your convictions, your thoughts and your life. I hope you understand
the same goes for you but we as believers can be thinkers as well, cant we? Trust me I've a first hand knowledge and experience of both school of toughts before my conclusion.

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
Swiftboy: the same goes for you but we as believers can be thinkers as well, cant we? Trust me I've a first hand knowledge and experience of both school of toughts before my conclusion.

Gbam!!! Nna chop Kola joor. Correct guy.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Swiftboy(m): 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
aligs: . Seek knowledge my guy, don't just read one book. Read a lot of books about islam and not just our holy prophet Muhammad (SAW), also read about other Prophets such as of Jesus (AS), Abraham (AS), Moses (AS), Isaac (AS), Adam (AS), Ishaq(AS), Lot (AS), David (AS), Noah (AS) etc. Seek knowledge about death, the day of reckoning etc from the view point of Islam and compare with other religions. Knowledge is vast!!!!! You can't possibly know it all but knowledge surely benefits
history told us those people you called prophets are not...my problem with Islam starts with the Quran.thats all.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by uzoexcel(m): 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Reiyvinn:

the Qur'an states:

"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will NEVER be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter HE WILL BE ONE OF THE LOSERS." (Surah Al-Imran 3, verse 85).

Hadith, Sahih Murlim, the Book of Faith, Vol. 1, Number 240 states:

Allah's Messenger said: "By Him (Allah) in whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, there is none from tge amongst the Jews and the Christians (of these present nation) who hear about me and then dies without believing in the Message with which I have been sent (Islamic Monotheism), but he will be from the dwellers of the (Hell) Fire."

Both Mother Theresa and Mahatma Gandhi, according to your Qur'an, were guilty of an unpardonable Sin (Shirk) both Ash-Shirk-al-Akbar and Ash-Shirk-al-Asghar by not just ascribing partners with Allah and praying to other Deitys/Persons but didn't even acknowledge Allah as their God!!

Don't cover up for your religion bro, Taqiyya (Permissible Lie used in promoting Islam) does not work here.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Ishilove: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
Apatheist: The Flying Spaghetti Monster. cool
Or better still, Osewaism.
Worship Seun, and his wife Ishilove and he will make you a supermod, and give you unlimited bandwidth.
Our prophets: Mynd44, Mukina2, and Obinoscopy. TheBigUrban2
cool
Smh
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Swiftboy(m): 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Gbam!!! Nna chop Kola joor. Correct guy.
Thanks jare! Now to help you a thinker to believe as well Bro try to go through the materials I gave you earlier so we'll not waste time.watch some of the videos and read those that answers some of the questions youre asking however with an open mind! Christianity only have this to say to you today that 1. There's a God 2. He loves 3. He created humans but they sin 4. He gave Christ 5. If you believe you're saved. All the different churches are allowed since they wont contradict all these. And my question to you as regard the said Bishop that remarked that a non catholic cant make heaven is 'where's that written in the bible' I think while trying not to believe,you end up believing everything to solidify your resolutions. Check out www.RZIM.com or www.RZIM.org you'll learn alot about Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Ishilove: 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
That's why I no longer visit this section. Too much bullshit.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by uzoexcel(m): 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
what do u class as bullshit? the fact that people wanna resort to been more open minded and 'learn' from each others' perceptions? undecided
Ishilove: That's why I no longer visit this section. Too much bullshit.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by uzoexcel(m): 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
nice way of puttn ur points across
Swiftboy: Thanks jare! Now to help you a thinker to believe as well Bro try to go through the materials I gave you earlier so we'll not waste time.watch some of the videos and read those that answers some of the questions youre asking however with an open mind! Christianity only have this to say to you today that 1. There's a God 2. He loves 3. He created humans but they sin 4. He gave Christ 5. If you believe you're saved. All the different churches are allowed since they wont contradict all these. And my question to you as regard the said Bishop that remarked that a non catholic cant make heaven is 'where's that written in the bible' I think while trying not to believe,you end up believing everything to solidify your resolutions. Check out www.RZIM.com you'll learn alot about Christianity.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Swiftboy(m): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
uzoexcel: nice way of puttn ur points across
Thanks Bro!
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2014

Bullshit: Anything that makes me think hard and goes against the fairytale taught to me by mummy and daddy.

obadiah777 who prolly must be rethinking all the balderdash he spoon-fed you guys with decided to deactivate his account after realizing how stewpeed his load of drivel was.... Now that's the real bullshit and that's why you stopped visiting the section (obadiah777's gone).
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Swiftboy(m): 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
hmm people will always say whatever catches their fancy...dont react base on that. Beside,I think that man is just trying to be funny while displaying his poor sense of judgement.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ishilove:
Smh
tongue
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
You know I was kidding, right?
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by TheBigUrban2: 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
lol.....obadiah's disciple grin grin grin

That madman had women flocking towards him
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
TheBigUrban2: lol.....obadiah's disciple grin grin grin

That madman had women flocking towards him

and it got deep into his head, big time!

REPROBATE!

lol
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Ishilove: 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Bullshit: Anything that makes me think hard and goes against the fairytale taught to me by mummy and daddy.

obadiah777 who prolly must be rethinking all the balderdash he spoon-fed you guys with decided to deactivate his account after realizing how stewpeed his load of drivel was.... Now that's the real bullshit and that's why you stopped visiting the section (obadiah777's gone).
You have no real desire to learn. You just wanna scoff and mock. The attrition of constantly feeding my eyes with the blasphemies that fly around this section wearies the soul. It wearied Ajibam, HBG and eventually, obadiah. Mynd44 has lasted this long because he is made of sterner stuff and he doesn't spend much time here. If not, he too would have become tired of all the bullshit and resigned like Ajibam or requested for a transfer, like HBG.

As for obadiah, he was a source of comic relief. There is very little to make one laugh in this section, so when obadiah spewed his oddities and peculiar beliefs, the attendant comments were simply hilarious!

*sigh* The religion section was fun then. It no longer is.

This section is now full of plain old blasphemous bullshit.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Ishilove: 5:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
Apatheist:
You know I was kidding, right?
Of course. I am not a stick-in-the-mud like LB tongue
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Ishilove: 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
Swiftboy: hmm people will always say whatever catches their fancy...dont react base on that. Beside,I think that man is just trying to be funny while displaying his poor sense of judgement.
I agree with you

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ishilove:
You have no real desire to learn. You just wanna scoff and mock. The attrition of constantly feeding my eyes with the blasphemies that fly around this section wearies the soul. It wearied Ajibam, HBG and eventually, obadiah. Mynd44 has lasted this long because he is made of sterner stuff and he doesn't spend much time here. If not, he too would have become tired of all the bullshit and resigned like Ajibam or requested for a transfer, like HBG.

As for obadiah, he was a source of comic relief. There is very little to make one laugh in this section, so when obadiah spewed his oddities and peculiar beliefs, the attendant comments were simply hilarious!

*sigh* The religion section was fun then. It no longer is.

This section is now full of plain old blasphemous bullshit.

grin I never knew you were a poet.

3 Likes

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Ishilove: 5:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
Reiyvinn:

*facepalm*
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
Reiyvinn:

She's actually a writer -- and a darned good one! cool

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by alexleo(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
It baffles me when people can't discern when a post is sarcastic such as this very one. And you wate your time giving a detailed reply to sacarsm? Na wa for those of you replying this OP.
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
Worship Seun, and his wife Ishilove and he will make you a supermod, and give you unlimited bandwidth.
cool

I can't believe I miss this! ROTFLMAO!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: HELP: I Want To Leave Atheism by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
cool

I can't believe I miss this! ROTFLMAO!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muhammad’s Dirty Little Secrets / Revealed!!! Monster Energy Drink Is Satanic, Symbolic Of 666 / The Voice Of The 7th Angel, The Ark Is Here Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.