Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,442 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War (28789 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Gbaramatu Kingdom Was created as Government Refuge Camp During Biafra Civil War / Picture Of Asaba Area 40years After The Civil War. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by folawuyo: 5:33am On Jul 26, 2014
He who has witness war b4, will neva pray 4 it again (smh 4 dis country)

2 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 26, 2014
Touching
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by salam1(m): 5:34am On Jul 26, 2014
So d boarder was closed nd all dis tin happened was it dat d igbos don't farm or wat mi I know understand o

3 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by cruise14(f): 5:34am On Jul 26, 2014
It's unfortunate that the refugees back then are now claiming to be the owners of a place once set up as shelter and refugee camp for them.

8 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Edunwa302(m): 5:35am On Jul 26, 2014
En ppl r still declaring war

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by aumeehn: 5:36am On Jul 26, 2014
hahaaahhaah grin grin grin i cant stop lafin!!!!
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Tayo114: 5:36am On Jul 26, 2014
it will never happen again by the grace of ALMIGHTY ALLAH
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 26, 2014
angry Here we go again! The arabic sign is now my nightmare.
eligibility:

MAY ALLAH SAVE NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS
بقدرة الله تعلي امين

2 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by seanet02: 5:40am On Jul 26, 2014
Idiataqueen: lâ ωâ Ö sad
You no get breast rara ni?

2 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by cruise14(f): 5:41am On Jul 26, 2014
I wonder oo! I just hope they learned from it that you don't take a knife to a gun fight.

salam1: So d boarder was closed nd all dis tin happened was it dat d igbos don't farm or wat mi I know understand o

2 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Idiataqueen(f): 5:43am On Jul 26, 2014
seanet02: You no get breast rara ni?
ÊxçÛ$Ê mÊ ωât dÎd mý bÖ$$Öm gÖt tÖ dÖ ωÎth dÎ$ th®Êâd sad
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by sunsky29(m): 5:44am On Jul 26, 2014
.I book dis space since morning but now I no get waitn to tlk again.tnk god say dem no born me for dat time
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by coolzeal(m): 5:47am On Jul 26, 2014
They culprits of this war were absconded and none was brought to book. Mehn!!.. Over 2 million lost their life. That's mass genocide and some people are still walking free.

3 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Opiosko: 5:49am On Jul 26, 2014
Smartsyn: Some men adviced Gowon to close the Cameroonian borders so as to prevent food and other relief materials from entering the Biafran territory and eventually many women and children were starved to death.

God ll forever punish those men, even in their death..

You forgot the massacre of the innocent civilians?

GENERAL Officer Commanding (GOC) Two Division of the Army during the civil war, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Haruna said yesterday that he had no regret for the Asaba massacre in which over 500 Igbo men were killed by his troops.
Testifying for the second day running for the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) at the Oputa panel sitting, Gen. Haruna also revealed that Nigeria’s late Prime Minister, Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa-Balewa had a foreknowledge of the 1966 coup that claimed his life.
He said the late Prime Minister even turned down an invitation from the British government to pass the night of January 14, 1966 at the British High Commission in Lagos to escape from the coup plotters.
Gen. Haruna who was under cross-examination by the Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s counsel, Chief Anthony Mogbo (SAN) said whatever action he or his troops took during the war was motivated by a sense of duty to protect the unity of the country.
"As the commanding officer and leader of the troops that massacred 500 men in Asaba, I have no apology for those massacred in Asaba, Owerri and Ameke-Item. I acted as a soldier maintaining the peace and unity of Nigeria," he declared

We will never forget !

8 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Keemzy4shizy(m): 5:50am On Jul 26, 2014
No b small tin
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by deols(f): 6:07am On Jul 26, 2014
The Igbos need not forget. They only need to be wiser.

I assume they should know already, that war is not about who is right but about who is left.

The images bring to mind, half of a yellow sun. Chimamanda is an amazing writer. These pictures are like what I pictured.

5 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Fulaman198(m): 6:09am On Jul 26, 2014
Horrific, make I not look
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 26, 2014
The irony of life;

Most of the surviving children have grown up and living in mansions while the children of those who fought against them are suffering in poverty.

"Destiny can be delayed but can never be denied"

35 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by M4gunners: 6:12am On Jul 26, 2014
Innocent Children died for sins they no nothing about.We don't want war again in this Nation please.

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Mynd44: 6:13am On Jul 26, 2014
Fulaman198: Horrific, make I not look
Please look....so we all can see the price of our mistakes, our decisions, our bigotry, our comments, our hate, our strive, our no being able to live in peace, or madness and pettiness

2 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by hurricaneChris: 6:53am On Jul 26, 2014
45years later what has happened?
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by iamord(m): 6:56am On Jul 26, 2014
Smartsyn: Some men adviced Gowon to close the Cameroonian borders so as to prevent food and other relief materials from entering the Biafran territory and eventually many women and children were starved to death.

that's war for you.. If God Will punish gowon, ojukuwu will follow the same feat. Its about military tactics.. The only way to infringe a major blow on the determined igbo.. Is By blocking food and. Provision supply .no one can fight on an empty stomach. This is a food for thought for those that have always craved for the biafria . How. Food sufficient are the igbo lands. @ the moment, how many secondary factories Are. There to meet the populace, what infrastructure are in Place. The. Educational state. Etc Think very deep before you decide to take actions

7 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by manck: 6:59am On Jul 26, 2014
grin sad cool tongue
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by idhigbe(m): 6:59am On Jul 26, 2014
"all is fair in love and war".

The nation was at war. Anyway you look at it, people were dying. What gowon did then was what eventually brought the war to an end. If the war had persisted, many more would had died. My mother told me of how our family lost many to a bomb that was dropped into their hiding place. So either ways, people were dying. I give kudos to Gowon. He is an epitome of an exemplary leader. God will bless those who brought the war to an end and may his vengeance be upon those who are trying to start a war again in this country.

And even talking of God punishing, starvation has been a battle strategy for years. I have read countless stories of laying siege. Even in bible days. God judges the intent of the heart. In my eyes Gowons intentions was noble.

4 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Cecediva(f): 7:01am On Jul 26, 2014

Amen!

5 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by iconize(m): 7:08am On Jul 26, 2014
iamord: that's war for you.. If God Will punish gowon, ojukuwu will follow the same feat. Its about military tactics.. The only way to infringe a major blow on the determined igbo.. Is By blocking food and. Provision supply .no one can fight on an empty stomach. This is a food for thought for those that have always craved for the biafria . How. Food sufficient are the igbo lands. @ the moment, how many secondary factories Are. There to meet the populace, what infrastructure are in Place. The. Educational state. Etc Think very deep before you decide to take actions

Dude shut up and go dine with the devil himself in hell!
Why are you so concerned about anything Nigeria?
You're a f*ucking gaynian re"tard, get that into your banku congealed skull.

5 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by balowo(m): 7:11am On Jul 26, 2014
Chai. My mother dey the picture oooo
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by judedwriter(m): 7:18am On Jul 26, 2014
Obasgilbert: i pray the country doesn't suffer same fate in "Almighty 2015" undecided
Amen o. D north is a ticking time-bomb undecided
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by iamord(m): 7:18am On Jul 26, 2014
idhigbe: "all is fair in love and war".

The nation was at war. Anyway you look at it, people were dying. What gowon did then was what eventually brought the war to an end. If the war had persisted, many more would had died. My mother told me of how our family lost many to a bomb that was dropped into their hiding place. So either ways, people were dying. I give kudos to Gowon. He is an epitome of an exemplary leader. God will bless those who brought the war to an end and may his vengeance be upon those who are trying to start a war again in this country.

And even talking of God punishing, starvation has been a battle strategy for years. I have read countless stories of laying siege. Even in bible days. God judges the intent of the heart. In my eyes Gowons intentions was noble.
u speak with so. Muuch sense although.. I will not credit both. Parties for their actions
Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by Syenite(m): 7:19am On Jul 26, 2014
My father told me stories abt this war. Nothing is forgotten. Hmmmmmm...

1 Like

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:20am On Jul 26, 2014
Okada, drop me here. I don reach my bus stop.

3 Likes

Re: Refuge camp: Picture Of Delta State North Asaba Area During The Civil War by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:23am On Jul 26, 2014

War is not a child's play. Ojukwu should have weighed the pros and cons before he declared Biafra.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Admininistration: A Government Of Failure, Tears And Disappointment / Picture Of Babatunde Fashola As A Kid. / FG Workers To Be Paid Nov Salary On The 11th Dec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.