Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto (20050 Views)

Ebola Outbreak: Lagos To Provide Insurance Cover For Health Workers - See More / Liberian Dies In Morocco Of Ebola - Internal Affairs Minister Discloses / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by chioma134: 9:06am On Jul 26, 2014
Elnino4ladies: ..ar u dis daft..??..this is a matter of lives nd death nd u here givin silly comparism...u nid brain surgery asap...
So doctors should go back to work and die? And if they die as a result of hazard from tending to ebola patients, I'm sure u'll dismiss it as their calling. Did the govt pay their fees or support them in any way thru their rigorous program? DOCTORS ARE NOT SOLDIERS BUT CIVILIANS LIKE YOU. THEY DIDN'T SIGN TO DIE. If the govt is serious about the health of its citizens, then they should meet every single demand. Chikena.

7 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by lakamua: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2014
wen u are tired of complaining go and force NMA to call of d strike. nigerians are rili selfish things and get what they deserve
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by nationwide24: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2014
jayseehe: heartless doctors
You call them heartless now but remember you said they are worthless. Another opportunity for JOHESU to prove they can do it in the absence of the "worthless ones". lol.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by deols(f): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2014
Can I possibly be blamed for your dumbness??

I said up to 9yrs. That ur scope is limited to Nigeria shld not be my fault. Ode

SAPEDRO:
nine years ke? did u repeat thrice, i think itz six years in skul while others like nurses, pharm, physios spend six years, so i dont knw where u see ur own three years o, hian! not all doctors do this though, but all this small greedy quack doctors telling lies about years since 1756, God will see us, mind you those clamouring for consultant positions will be subjected to further training before they can be one

onagoodday:
Did you just say 9yrs....abeg who say make u dey fail...carry ur frustration go one side.

[quote author=theplanmaker][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2014
chioma134:
You're no different from GEJ and wife."Chibok girls' kidnap is a scam. Opposition is just using it to destroy my 2015 presidential aspiration."

Yes nao....there is scam everywhere now oo. Shine your eyes padi mi wink
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 26, 2014
These NMA stethoscope-hangers should stop their noise-making and blackmail of JOHESU. What exactly can a physician do to treat an Ebola patient?.

When the whole world knows that the best a suspected ebola patient can do is to get the infection confirmed by a Laboratory investigation conducted by the Scientists, the Scientist does not need you to teach him how to diagnose Ebola. Consequently, intensive supportive care is administered through rehydration with solutions containing electrolytes or intravenous fluids-a procedure that can be carried out by a dedicated Nurse. A well-trained nurse does not need NMA to teach her how to do that.

Stop overestimating your importance by writing off other health professionals. If you won't work simply keep quiet....Sirs and madams.

Everyone needs each other. Health care is Multidisciplinary with the Patient in the middle and everyone around him.
No single professional is more important than the other. Not vertical not horizontal.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by cherriex(f): 9:30am On Jul 26, 2014
johnwarax: .

It will not. It will act as a form of compensation to them.

And moreover an average doctor works 24hours for 15days in a month and 12hours for the other 15days, that is to say they have only another 12hours for 15days to spend with their family, so me think they should be paid N1million for hazard.

And these nurses only works based on night/day shift for 5days in federal hospitals.

Lecturers receives not less than 40k in my school as hazard allowee.

Like seriously!!! Are u kidding,nurses work five days in a week and the rest of the week the
Patients take care of themselves? Doctors are a must in a hospital agreed but when you
Talk of hazards then nurses should be at forefront cos they are more close to the patient
And do almost all the dirty work.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Katakore(m): 9:32am On Jul 26, 2014
YourHealthlabs: These NMA stethoscope-hangers should stop their noise-making and blackmail of JOHESU. What exactly can a physician do to treat an Ebola patient?.

When the whole world knows that the best a suspected ebola patient can do is to get the infection confirmed by a Laboratory investigation conducted by the Scientists, the Scientist does not need you to teach him how to diagnose Ebola. Consequently, intensive supportive care is administered through rehydration with solutions containing electrolytes or intravenous fluids-a procedure that can be carried out by a dedicated Nurse. A well-trained nurse does not need NMA to teach her how to do that.

Stop overestimating your importance by writing off other health professionals. If you won't work simply keep quiet....Sirs and madams.

Everyone needs each other. Health care is Multidisciplinary with the Patient in the middle and everyone around him.
No single professional is more important than the other. Not vertical not horizontal.
. They say little knowledge is dangerous. Have you ever heard of the word "complications"? What if Ebola patient develop end organ failure? Can you diagnose and treat that? Please stop assuming that you can manage such cases.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by 5minsmadness: 9:35am On Jul 26, 2014
Onegai: Fear.

Nigerians don't like risking their lives for anything. Have you seen LUTH, GH Island or any GH? Do we even have protective suits for hazardous illnesses? Health workers are more likely to catch it than regular people. So the strike will linger and doctors will refuse to go back.

My brother has already given out tips: I've got hand sanitizer and I may end up getting plastic gloves and a face-mask. No-one is sure if it can turn airborne at close contact (100m), which is what to expect if you use the Lagos public transport. And danfo conductors, wetin concern am with hand sanitizer, even the girl who sold me mine at the phramacy was telling me "only Jesus saves" and not using hand sanitizer till I eyed her, she laughed and used a bit. And Nigerians are forever coughing/sneezing into their hands or turning away to their side to do so/spit, then wiping on their clothes and handing you money.
Our hospitals aren't equipped to deal with this and should they find 5 more victims, most will shut down in panic (those head matrons at GH will be the first to abscond).

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww@bolded
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by ideycraze: 9:37am On Jul 26, 2014
dexterinc2003: These 'johesuites' above no dey tire?
How many of u talking trash are willing 2 get in A bus with a confirmed ebola virus infected patient for just 1 minute?
But yall can say anything about drs who are locked up in wards all day wit patients wit all sorts(hepatitis,hiv,ebola,lassa) for N5,000 monthly hazard allowance(diaris goduoo)...
As a matter Of fact i think all health workers(cleaners included)should recieve a hazard allowance of nothing less than N100,000.
Not some ppl fighting 2 head hospitals or 2 be called consultants...get ur priorities right people.
PS: ebolavirus has no cure presently...once you get it,YOU WILL DIE!!

I think this issue of doctors risking their lives while treating patients with HIV,EBOLA,LASA etc is over-flogged.
What do u now say with guys who work with 33,000 volts on a daily basis to ensure we all have electrical power?
Which one is more dangerous ,HIV or 33kv of electricity?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by timowale: 9:47am On Jul 26, 2014
?
Katakore: . They say little knowledge is dangerous. Have you ever heard of the word "complications"? What if Ebola patient develop end organ failure? Can you diagnose and treat that? Please stop assuming that you can manage such cases.

are you saying doctors are superhuman to diagnose cases without intervention of those in the field ?its obvious your ego is driving you insane.health institution has always and would continue to function effectively,when individual players perform at the best only within the confine of their profession.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by 5minsmadness: 9:51am On Jul 26, 2014
deols: The doctors make demands. The government should reason and provide them for the benefit of all.

Doctors work 24/7 taking care of their patients but these patients seem to care less about what happens to those doctors.

In Liberia, the chief doctor in charge of treating people with the Ebola is said to be under treatment for the same ebola virus.

How can a Nigerian doctor, who was never appreciated all the while, go ahead and be involved when all of their demands for better healthcare infrastructure, for remuneration and for the protection of the dignity of their practice have been denied them. The same Nigerian populace, who suffer more from all these should be drumming the need to see to the needs of the doctors into the government's ears but they are too driven by sentiments and their judgemental attitude to see what is really going on.

People are dying in case none is close to you due to these strikes and the doctors have nothing to lose since the private hospitals are owned by them. Nigerians should be asking the government to do what is right!

Nurses, pharmacists etc are not consultants. They are doing almost nothing at the hospitals right now.

The dignity of the great profession must be protected.and Doctors have every right/conscience to do that.

The government has to see reason and the populace need to be reasonable as well.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by darlingfather(m): 9:54am On Jul 26, 2014
deols:

Did u really say, Idiots??

I bet it that even when given a dictionary, you still might not get it.
silence is a best answer to a fool
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by darlingfather(m): 9:55am On Jul 26, 2014
deols:

Did u really say, Idiots??

I bet it that even when given a dictionary, you still might not get it.
silence is a best answer to a fool,so am just going to keep silent and ignore u bc u re a fool.
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by blaid: 10:07am On Jul 26, 2014
Hmmm, it shows how committed the NMA is to the wellbeing of Nigerians, pls go on with your strike, it further underscores how important you are in the help sector. Kudos. U also said doctors collecting N5000 hazard pay is laughable ,hmmm I guess a nurse who is exposed to the same patient can collect a laughable N5000 abi? Kudos continue the strike. Leaders of the hospital and health sector. Good job, Way to go.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by 5minsmadness: 10:11am On Jul 26, 2014
EddyNumerouno: All I read is "sick Nigerians are our leverage, the more they are, the greater our bargaining power will be"

Then your thinking is highly biased an no one will able to convince you otherwise.
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by mahleeq(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2014
an health worker (Doctor, Nurse, surgeon etc,) that seeks material gains in preference to saving lives is not a rational breed,

These irrational people are well paid for God sake,

it is Ethically wrong,

you don't have to wait till you loose someone because of their actions before you frown at their approach.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by walexzee11(m): 10:16am On Jul 26, 2014
Smartsyn: Heartless mufus, not in anyway different from our politicians..
I think you are the master of heartless breeds..... How on earth do you expect Doctors that government needs to do all it can to meet their needs,so that they can save if not all but little of Nigerian from Ebola. Aside that this doctors are in more career risk which government must even do more than expected for them.If you are a doctor will you turnup?
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by phantom(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2014
these same Nigerians refused to comment when doctors defied the strike to attend to bomb victims in Kaduna and kano.
its a pity really.
Nigerians truly deserve the leaders they get.
a nation with people who worship their corrupt leaders and insult their doctors cannot move forward.
we have been at the same spot for years.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by aluunoble: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2014
dexterinc2003: These 'johesuites' above no dey tire?
How many of u talking trash are willing 2 get in A bus with a confirmed ebola virus infected patient for just 1 minute?
But yall can say anything about drs who are locked up in wards all day wit patients wit all sorts(hepatitis,hiv,ebola,lassa) for N5,000 monthly hazard allowance(diaris goduoo)...
As a matter Of fact i think all health workers(cleaners included)should recieve a hazard allowance of nothing less than N100,000.
Not some ppl fighting 2 head hospitals or 2 be called consultants...get ur priorities right people.
PS: ebolavirus has no cure presently...once you get it,YOU WILL DIE!!

The stone which ur builders rejected will soon become the head of the corner (Med. Lab. Scientists). Where Doctors do guess work (conjecture and refutation, we are precise) the so called Ebola Virus 1st case in Nigeria was properly diagnosed by a Medical Lab Scientis in LUTH even without ur guyz... Shame on enemy sorry NMA

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Katakore(m): 10:29am On Jul 26, 2014
timowale: ?

are you saying doctors are superhuman to diagnose cases without intervention of those in the field ?its obvious your ego is driving you insane.health institution has always and continue to function effectively,when individual players perform at the best only within the confine of their profession.
. You don't have to be super human to make a perfect diagnosis, just go and read Medicine. Even an average but commited person can do that. As simple as that.
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Kajiang02(m): 10:32am On Jul 26, 2014
prettyprettywow:
He added that a situation where doctors are paid N5000.00 monthly allowance for hazard is not only laughable but unbelievable. Ojo said, “A doctor’s life can be lost in an instance when exposed to fatal illnesses such as Ebola, Lassa fever or he may be subjected to a life-long suffering from HIV or Hepatitis B infection.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/07/wont-call-strike-ebola-virus-threat-lagos-nma/

This Man's stupidity as well as others supporting the strike action is beyond comprehension.
A Nepa official who climbs the high tension poles everyday will have to ask for higher hazard allowance due to his job. Likewise a Policeman on high-way patrol, soldiers in Sambisa etc. We all face certain risks on our Jobs daily.
The Nation gave you a duty to protect us from dying, now you're intentionally killing us. Isn't this worse compared to Boko-Haram?

I'm looking forward to the day the Nigerian Police, the Military will go for a 1week or day strike. Bloody killers cum drs.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by emerich(m): 10:33am On Jul 26, 2014
pluto3: make nurse consultants n d lab scientists dat are now heading d hospitals do d job na.... foolish nigerians.... dats y dis country has refused to progress....
Ignorant fool. Displaying ur stupidity for every one to see. Am sure u r a cleaner. Hater, get a life before u die a miserable death.
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Vincenzi: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2014
ismokeweed: Lab rats/scientists... do the needful. Since you want Same title and privileges as doctors, then do their work.
You are a piece of scum. Who do you think carried out tests to confirm the diagnosis? Stupid fool. While doctors were enjoying the strike,some people risked their lives at the research center in LUTH. Shut your buccal hole if your brain is too slow to make up an intelligent comment. Even fools in their houses think they have opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by SME1: 10:38am On Jul 26, 2014
Wait! How many ebola cases do we have in the country. Why are they calling it an outbreak already when we haven't recorded more than one case. Do we have to speak evil to ourselves already. Take d necessary precautions but also believe all is well and nothing will happen to us. Abeg we need not cry over an egg that's not yet broken. It's pissing. That's how these stupid medias exaggerate and spread bad news and cover the good news because the bad news sells more.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by aluunoble: 10:38am On Jul 26, 2014
tuoyoojo: Its now time for the other health professionals to show us their worth. Take an abola patient to any of the general hospital and watch the other health staff avoid d patient like a plague.

They claim they can be doctors, now its time to show us wetin dem carry for head!

Oya my lab man consultant, go na take blood sample from d ebola guy

Hide ur head in shame thou sluggard! Medical Lab. Scientists, Nurses, Radiographers, Physios Pharms, etc are doing their work quite deligently even without ur asses. Who diagnosed the said Ebola virus in LUTH? Isn't not a Med Lab scientist? Stop unhealthy propaganda coz unfortunately Nig masses are now enlightened hence the less panic by the public while u guyz are lazying out there in the name of strike. The Scientist never demanded an upward review of Hazard allowance and yet put his life in dilemma to save not even a Nigerian but a Liberian. Enemy of progress sorry NMA of progress!

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by OlamideGirl(f): 10:38am On Jul 26, 2014
For Nigeria setting drs use 6yrs in d university while oda health workers use 5yrs....so if dy use 9yrs in oda countries,it ain't our business......dis is Nigeria and not America.......u ppl shld stop coming here to gv unnecessary figures jhoor.....

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by profGinger: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2014
Rubbish set of people doctors my foot.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Leopantro: 10:40am On Jul 26, 2014
aluunoble:

The stone which ur builders rejected will soon become the head of the corner (Med. Lab. Scientists). Where Doctors do guess work (conjecture and refutation, we are precise) the so called Ebola Virus 1st case in Nigeria was properly diagnosed by a Medical Lab Scientis in LUTH even without ur guyz... Shame on enemy sorry NMA

The patient bypassed the doctor and went straight to the medical lab scientist?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by Leopantro: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2014
profGinger: Rubbish set of people doctors my foot.

The problem with with Nigerians is that they are too sentimental
Re: Why We Can’t Call Off The Strike Because Of Ebola Outbreak – Lagos Medical Docto by skyte59(m): 10:43am On Jul 26, 2014
You are doing urself, how did u know that the consultant title reserved for only dr that's a life anybody has pass through some training and experienced enough and certfied in his field can also be called consultant. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Naturally Get Pink Lips. / COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner / 162 New COVID-19 Cases, 176 Discharged And 3 Deaths On Sept 5 - (1557 Tested))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.