Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States (1687 Views)

United States, EU Report Nigeria To World Trade Organization. / Nigeria To Resume Oil Export To United States / PHOTO: NNPC Doesn't Sell Fuel Into Kegs; See What Man Does (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by hancock(m): 6:47am On Jul 26, 2014
Im trying to make a purchase of the One Plus One mobile phone after waiting patiently to get an invite to purchase the 64GB global edition. These invites don't come easily. They go as high as $100 on eBay.
I luckily got one invite yesterday which lasts for 24 hours, tried purchasing yesterday up to this morning only to be continually told by PayPal that they don't allow residents of Nigeria to ship purchases to the United State.
I mean this is hilarious and at the same time stupid because I can purchase on eBay and it gets delivered to my US shipping address but I can't purchase outside the the US to get it delivered to the same address?
Has anyone else encounterd this stupidity from paypal?
PS: I have less than 8 hours before my invite expires
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by Pavore9: 6:58am On Jul 26, 2014
Must the payment be done only with Paypal? Why not try making the payment with Visa or Mastercard?
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by hancock(m): 7:00am On Jul 26, 2014
Yes payment is done only and only with Paypal. They ship exclusively to just a handful of countries right now
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by Pavore9: 8:36am On Jul 26, 2014
hancock: Yes payment is done only and only with Paypal. They ship exclusively to just a handful of countries right now
Then you have to get someone resident in the U.S with a Paypal account.
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by born2lead01: 9:07am On Jul 26, 2014
Get someone with U.S papal account
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by hancock(m): 9:14am On Jul 26, 2014
Pavore9: Then you have to get someone resident in the U.S with a Paypal account.
I was trying to get mikkyangel to make the payment for me but unfortunately umobile is refusing to make the online transfer and today being a Saturday I'm stuck. Forces are against me making this purchase and time is running out. I probably have less than 5 hours left.
Oh well.....

1 Like

Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by hancock(m): 10:29am On Jul 26, 2014
it didnt occur to me to make a transfer from my paypal to mikkyangels paypal account. fortunately that worked grin
so happy now.
but paypal ehh, una wahala too much oo lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by chiboy11(m): 10:33am On Jul 26, 2014
May b we shud al boycot paypal in dis country, dier wahala s just too much
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
I'm interested in this; How do i reach mkkyangel?
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by mavinc4u(f): 1:42am On Aug 08, 2014
hancock: Im trying to make a purchase of the One Plus One mobile phone after waiting patiently to get an invite to purchase the 64GB global edition. These invites don't come easily. They go as high as $100 on eBay.
I luckily got one invite yesterday which lasts for 24 hours, tried purchasing yesterday up to this morning only to be continually told by PayPal that they don't allow residents of Nigeria to ship purchases to the United State.
I mean this is hilarious and at the same time stupid because I can purchase on eBay and it gets delivered to my US shipping address but I can't purchase outside the the US to get it delivered to the same address?

sorry bro. i don't understand your statement. do you mean you were able to make payment for items in us and got them shipped to your us shipping address but you were unable to make payment on items outside us to get shipped to your us address? explain
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by richfaxy: 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2014
hancock: Im trying to make a purchase of the OnePlus One mobile phone after waiting patiently to get an invite to purchase the 64GB global edition. These invites don't come easily. They go as high as $100 on eBay.

Hancock, How were you able to resolve it? am also trying to pay for the One plus one now am am getting same thing. Time is running out. Been waiting for this Phone since march. Unfortunately, i registered in May and only just got my invite now as i am member # 60365.

I cant wait to have this phone here in Nigeria. Unfortunately the only means of payment Paypal dont allow Nigeria residents to ship to the US.
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by mavinc4u(f): 11:20am On Aug 10, 2014
richfaxy:

Hancock, How were you able to resolve it? am also trying to pay for the One plus one now am am getting same thing. Time is running out. Been waiting for this Phone since march. Unfortunately, i registered in May and only just got my invite now as i am member # 60365.

I cant wait to have this phone here in Nigeria. Unfortunately the only means of payment Paypal dont allow Nigeria residents to ship to the US.

which website is that?
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by arbitrage: 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
What kind of phone, phablet or tablet is One plus One and what is special about it that needs invitation for $100 phone?
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by oladayo042: 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
arbitrage: What kind of phone, phablet or tablet is One plus One and what is special about it that needs invitation for $100 phone?
The phone itself costs $299 (16GB) or 349 (64GB). After seeing people queue for iPhone5 release worldwide, I'm not surprised that people will bid up to $100 for an invite to get this phone. The early adopters get to earn bragging rights; "Oh, I'm the fifth person to use this phone in Nigeria!"

Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by sovpounds(m): 3:42am On Aug 11, 2014
Perfect Internet 3D tablets allow users to view images and watch movies in 3D without wearing glasses. You can order 3D tablets from http://pi3dtab.co.uk and pay via Paypal and the tablets would be shipped to any address in Nigeria or your shipping address anywhere in the world.
Re: Paypal Doesn't Allow Residents Of Nigeria To Ship Purchases To United States by richfaxy: 11:37am On Aug 17, 2014
mavinc4u:

which website is that?
www.oneplus.net

(1) (Reply)

Transportation Business / Before You Go Brokeā€¦ (things You Can Do For Money In Nigeria) / Total Life Changes (TLC) Business Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.