Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time (1973 Views)

What Wld U Do??? / Ladies If Ur Parents Strongly Opposes Ur Wedding To Ur Fiance, Wat Will U Do? / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Durchess(f): 7:31am On Jul 26, 2014
Hi everyone, I need help on what to wear to my fiance's house.Am meeting his parents for d first tym and d parents attend deeper life church, also I ws told his elder brodas wld b around on dt day wit dia kids too... He told me 2 jst luk me i.e I shd wear wateva am comfortable in.
and as 4 me am a jean and top or a simple gown kinda gal so wts do y'all fink.
what wld b more appropriate 2 put on
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by sseunth(m): 7:45am On Jul 26, 2014
dress coperate.....a nice skirt and a shirt will do
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by FameG(f): 9:11am On Jul 26, 2014
My dear, first impression matters. Don't wear a jean and top. You could wear a gown if you are not comfortable in skirts.

1 Like

Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Spicylate(f): 9:13am On Jul 26, 2014
is ur fiance a deeper life member too? coz if he is, then you incorporate but if he is not, i guess you are free to wear what you want but add decency to it.
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by jumzzy448: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2014
He already told you to dress in what you're comfortable in. So do that.

Don't dress like holy holy oo so that the day they finally see you in a trouser or a short gown they won't say you are full of deceit.
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 26, 2014
Be yourself jare, just dress decently as you hv always been, don't wear a long skirt or a long shapeless gown just to impress them because if you happen to wear something contrary later in the future, the will call you a pretender and hatred may set in....just be yourself from the word go!!!

1 Like

Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by egopersonified(f): 9:55am On Jul 26, 2014
A nice knee length dress that is not too body hugging would do. Used your make up if u always do, but lay off heavy make up. Make sure your bosoms are properly covered so they dont go ogling down your neckline. Just dress like a decent lady.

1 Like

Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by CuteCynthia(f): 10:16am On Jul 26, 2014
I'd hide my jeans and knee-length boots that day and wear a long-flowing pink dress so I can look just like Cinderalla.
You only get one chance to make a good first impression with the future parent In-laws smiley
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by beeevan: 10:32am On Jul 26, 2014
I wore a fitted shirt,a Jean trouser, 32 inches braids and light make up, just myself. The mum fell in love instantly wink. Just like he said, be you, they will either like you or not.

3 Likes

Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Durchess(f): 11:00am On Jul 26, 2014
Spicylate: is ur fiance a deeper life member too? coz if he is, then you incorporate but if he is not, i guess you are free to wear what you want but add decency to it.
he isn't.
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by shizzleStar: 7:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
Durchess: Hi everyone, I need help on what to wear to my fiancee's house.Am meeting his parents for d first tym and d parents attend deeper life church, also I ws told his elder brodas wld b around on dt day wit dia kids too... He told me 2 jst luk me i.e I shd wear wateva am comfortable in.
Why don't you just be you as he suggested?, and you are good to go, you dont wanna try to please every body, do you?

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Durchess(f): 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
tnx y'all 4 ur help.
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by OmoAlata1(f): 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
a nice pair of komu ati pata only
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by sseunth(m): 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
OmoAlata1: a nice pair of komu ati pata only
omoalata indeed
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by ayoaces: 4:27am On Jul 27, 2014
Wear any of your decent gowns. Pls don't wear the trousers. You can wear that later on.this is the first time you are meeting them. Don't shock them grin
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Durchess(f): 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
OmoAlata1: a nice pair of komu ati pata only
lolzzzz, Omoalata wts 'komu'?
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by ogawisdom(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2014
He is ur fiance n u r d fiancee undecided correct d title of d thread I tot u r a man undecided
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by ladycomfort(f): 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
A knee lenght gown wont be bad.
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Durchess(f): 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
Durchess: Hi everyone, I need help on what to wear to my fiance's house.Am meeting his parents for d first tym and d parents attend deeper life church, also I ws told his elder brodas wld b around on dt day wit dia kids too... He told me 2 jst luk me i.e I shd wear wateva am comfortable in.
Guess who z bck , I ve met my in laws 2 b, I must say they r gud hosts, I gt a warm welcome frm parents nd siblings.
sooooo I wnt 2 tnk my peeps here 4 helping me decide wat 2 wear. tnx y'all
special tnx 2 omoalata 4 ur own suggestion, lolzzzzzz though I dnt kw wt dt is

1 Like

Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Bloomingbud(f): 10:14am On Jul 30, 2014
Durchess:
Guess who z bck , I ve met my in laws 2 b, I must say they r gud hosts, I gt a warm welcome frm parents nd siblings.
sooooo I wnt 2 tnk my peeps here 4 helping me decide wat 2 wear. tnx y'all
special tnx 2 omoalata 4 ur own suggestion, lolzzzzzz though I dnt kw wt dt is

Congrats dear.
So tell us, what did you wear to see them?
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Durchess(f): 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
Bloomingbud:

Congrats dear.
So tell us, what did you wear to see them?
I wore a gown, did very lyt make up
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by soulglo: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
CuteCynthia: I'd hide my jeans and knee-length boots that day and wear a long-flowing pink dress so I can look just like Cinderalla.
You only get one chance to make a good first impression with the future parent In-laws smiley

You're joking right? Please tell me you are grin OP please fly in on a magic carpet
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by mamziii(f): 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
Durchess: Hi everyone, I need help on what to wear to my fiance's house.Am meeting his parents for d first tym and d parents attend deeper life church, also I ws told his elder brodas wld b around on dt day wit dia kids too... He told me 2 jst luk me i.e I shd wear wateva am comfortable in.
swerie wearing a jean and top is a big no no,I wud advice u wear somtin. Decent like an. Ankara skirt and blouse. Gud luck
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
Deeper life..
Wear a midi flared skirt,a cowl neck short sleeve top,tuck it in.
Cinch your waist with a bold belt and wear lovely wedge sandals or pumps.

This way you appear in your normal clothes esp if you aren't a member of their church

1 Like

Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by beeevan: 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
mamziii: swerie wearing a jean and top is a big no no,I wud advice u wear somtin. Decent like an. Ankara skirt and blouse. Gud luck

Ankara shirt and blouse shocked? Ha! My sons better not bring home ndi Ankara for meooo!!! grin.

...A girl that will wear Ankara to my house just ruined the first impression thing for herself.
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Durchess(f): 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
soulglo:

You're joking right? Please tell me you are grin OP please fly in on a magic carpet
y carpet? I wld luv 2 fly in on a private jet u kw grin
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by soulglo: 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
Durchess:
y carpet? I wld luv 2 fly in on a private jet u kw grin

Please don't go in any of your private jets grin They might think you're arrogant. I said magic carpet keeping with the fairy tale theme since she advised you to go as a Cinderella impersonator
Re: What Wld U Wear 2 C Ur Fiance's Parents For The First Time by Durchess(f): 11:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
soulglo:

Please don't go in any of your private jets grin They might think you're arrogant. I said magic carpet keeping with the fairy tale theme since she advised you to go as a Cinderella impersonator
lolzzzzz

(1) (Reply)

Come And Join Helping Hands International As A Family With Just 6600. / Wives Checkout (photo) / Ohio Teenager Found After Kidnap For Sex Slavery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.