Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (635889 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 18, 2017
ModestGal:

ok,thanks deary

Help me check this out**Vanceastro**,or this thread, depression,signs and how to help

Alright. Let me see what I can do.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Divinecosmas(m): 3:13pm On Jan 21, 2017
Mine is starting and maintaining a conversation. Admirer think I form Bandu!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Divinecosmas(m): 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
komek:

Most times I play my music with my ear phone on. But if there is an important discussion going on, I will just look and smile but wud find it so difficult to contribute. Another thing is sitting beside a fine girl, o boy na that one I dey fall hand pass o. I will just be looking at the girl stylishly from one side of the eye. I may be trying to speak to her but e go dey hard o, except the girl makes the first move. If she does, she go just loose me from the cage.
No be small thing. This happens to me almost everytime in school. Girls go be like "who's his gf gan". Admirer everywhere but to woo babe na case. I'm now used to campus life sha.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Brownhypo: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2017
I feel bad.
In my school, I hardly communicate or contribute to any thing being discussed even when I know what they're talking about. my course mates See Me as a weird, intelligent and a quiet person in class, they look up to me to proffer solutions to problems (courses that require calculations)when there's nobody to do so.

There's this departmental election that was conducted some days ago. The president needed someone to stand up for a post..... Come and see how everyone was shouting my name as if I'm the only male student in my department. I was disgusted, I detest handling any position in school. same thing happened abinitio, they wanted me to be the course rep by fire by force but I told them I'm not interested.

please help me, People see me as a different person in class. I'm not always excited going to see my talkative course mates In school everyday day.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamnlia(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2017
Brownhypo:
I feel bad.
In my school, I hardly communicate or contribute to any thing being discussed even when I know what they're talking about. my course mates See Me as a weird, intelligent and a quiet person in class, they look up to me to proffer solutions to problems (courses that require calculations)when there's nobody to do so.

There's this departmental election that was conducted some days ago. The president needed someone to stand up for a post..... Come and see how everyone was shouting my name as if I'm the only male student in my department. I was disgusted, I detest handling any position in school. same thing happened abinitio, they wanted me to be the course rep by fire by force but I told them I'm not interested.

please help me, People see me as a different person in class. I'm not always excited going to see my talkative course mates In school everyday day.

Don't feel bad, ever

It's that way for most introverts. My own is that I don't make friends readily like if am with someone and you come visiting, no matter how fun you are I just won't seem to relate with you.

And because of that ppl will postulate different theories of your personality (shy, arrogant, proud, weird, cold etc.).
And if you rarely have female friends, some will still call you gay angry
Someone even told me that I will become class official,I just laughed it off because I trust my stealth and disappearing skills.

Never think you need help.

If you ever get tired of seeing them noise makers, just bring out your phone and get smarter.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Brownhypo: 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2017
iamnlia:

Don't feel bad, ever

It's that way for most introverts. My own is that I don't make friends readily like if am with someone and you come visiting, no matter how fun you are I just won't seem to relate with you.

And because of that ppl will postulate different theories of your personality (shy, arrogant, proud, weird, cold etc.).
And if you rarely have female friends, some will still call you gay angry
Someone even told me that I will become class official,I just laughed it off because I trust my stealth and disappearing skills.

Never think you need help.

If you ever get tired of seeing them noise makers, just bring out your phone and get smarter.
Thanks. I wish they could understand the kind of person I am.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Prime1(m): 10:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
wow, so there's a thread like this....this is my first time coming across it since I joined NL..........

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 10:43pm On Jan 21, 2017
Brownhypo:
Thanks. I wish they could understand the kind of person I am.
They won't unless you explain yourself to them but I will advise doing any explanation.

If you are cool with your personality, like and nurture it but I would advise that you get used to the crowd. Leadership is both demanding and tasking but it is rewarding. Every step I have taken have set me up for recommendation and I have led but being an introvert, often with mixed feelings.

It seems you are young, then be willing to learn. Leadership is not for the loud but the cool headed. Above all, I will encourage you to manage relations with others as the world may appear too difficult without the help of others.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Fatherherokay(m): 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
Falling (or failure) in life is not the greatest crime on your path to success, but it can be when you easily give up.
Set your eyes on your initial dream; let it be above while your tribulation is below.
Gaze on your goal with an eagle eye, and assume you are almost there.

Say to yourself: “failure or disappointment is never meant to bring me down in life; it is simply an opportunity to start afresh, and also a pointer that
I am a step closer”.For Counsel, for testimony, contact us via WhatsApp on +2347066352274 or mail us on ishopealive@gmail.com
See the strength in yourself more than any other person would.
It is the time to listen more to yourself regardless of what others are telling you, be it positive or negative.
Your healing and recovery starts from you.
Think of people that don’t want you to succeed in life; those people that will be glad if you remain stagnant, those people that don’t want you to reach up to their height and those people that want you to remain within the same par as they are. Think of you disappointing them.
Think of those people that say to your face: “I know you can never make it”, “I said you can never make it”, “Nobody has ever done this before”, “nobody has ever done this before in your lineage”, nobody has ever tried it and scrape through, and yours can never be different”. Think of how you’d feel if you prove these people wrong.
Think of your loved ones, your true friends, your families, those who have always believed in you and those whom you think you are indebted to. Think of the joy it would be if you don’t disappoint them.
Think of those people that have suffered for you; those people that have paid the price for you to get to where you are today. Think of not letting them down.
Think of how far you have gone in life. Say to yourself it is too “late” to quit. You have gone far; You can’t just quit now.
Think of all those things you don’t want for your future. At this juncture, think more of these things more than what you do want for your future.

READ MORE ON: http://www.ishopealive.com/2017/01/topic-113-20-powerful-things-you-must.html

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DaisyII: 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
MARKone:
Present grin
present twice
smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Brownhypo: 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
Akposb:

They won't unless you explain yourself to them but I will advise doing any explanation.

If you are cool with your personality, like and nurture it but I would advise that you get used to the crowd. Leadership is both demanding and tasking but it is rewarding. Every step I have taken have set me up for recommendation and I have led but being an introvert, often with mixed feelings.

It seems you are young, then be willing to learn. Leadership is not for the loud but the cool headed. Above all, I will encourage you to manage relations with others as the world may appear too difficult without the help of others.
Thanks so much I appreciate this. I'll put in my very best to relate with others as you've advised. I think it's high time I faced my fears.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 24, 2017
At what point does introversion become anti social tendencies
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by RICKYMARIO(m): 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
SirWere:
Nice question
I think it becomes anti social when it seriously strains our relationship with people, i've come to realise that we actually need people (no matter how few) to reach greater heights in life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by RICKYMARIO(m): 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2017
I used to be a very chronic introvert, but ever since i goot into the university, i've been able to modify myself a bit.(though it doesnt still change my introversion)

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2017
RICKYMARIO:
Nice question
I think it becomes anti social when it seriously strains our relationship with people, i've come to realise that we actually need people (no matter how few) to reach greater heights in life.
And what is the guage for a strained relationship
I'm really asking this because as of late, I notice I'm not even intrested in talking to people or taking part in group activities anymore.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Francois10(m): 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
SirWere:
It's common to try and discuss introverts in the same breath as anti socials but they are not even close. Being anti social is actually a personality disorder and d simplest explanation is that the person is opposite to everything social by his actions utterances and otherwise. The introvert is reserved, can be social if he is comfortable enough and does not do things that are antagonistic to social norms. Anybody can be antisocial introverts extrovert ambivert. My opinion shaaa

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Theflint1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by misterh(m): 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
RICKYMARIO:
I used to be a very chronic introvert, but ever since i goot into the university, i've been able to modify myself a bit.(though it doesnt still change my introversion)
On the contrary, for me, it only got worse when I entered the university. Most of my classmates did not recognize me till we graduated. I wish I had been more outgoing in school. I really missed many chances in the university.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:25am On Jan 25, 2017
Francois10:

It's common to try and discuss introverts in the same breath as anti socials but they are not even close. Being anti social is actually a personality disorder and d simplest explanation is that the person is opposite to everything social by his actions utterances and otherwise. The introvert is reserved, can be social if he is comfortable enough and does not do things that are antagonistic to social norms. Anybody can be antisocial introverts extrovert ambivert. My opinion shaaa
Thank you for your opinion. I just wanted to find out whether there is a line you cross at which introversion starts developing into something unhealthy.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by KingJeremy(m): 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
Gawd I fuckedd up big time yesterday when I was returning frm class. I'm in ND2... I wanted to cross d road when I was going home yday, then this beautiful lady walked up to me and told me to "Plss hold her hands so we could cross together" she said she's afraid of busy road. And we crossed 2geda, I asked her if she was a fresher which she confirmed.. so I jus told her she's beautiful and she said thank u and we parted ways. I should ve ask for her digits or even dept. but but I was jus... Idk...

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by karleone(m): 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hello Beau49 & Corisande,

Do you still find yourselves in this world of Introversion?
We could be friends and fight it together.

Here's one hel of an introvert, but I try as much to fight that life. Believe me, it ain't a life worth being happy for.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 4:37pm On Jan 25, 2017
karleone:
Hello Beau49 & Corisande,

Here's one hel of an introvert, but I try as much to fight that life. Believe me, it ain't a life worth being happy for.
Not to counter you but to reason with you. Can you really fight being an introvert? It is obvious that one with this kind of personality could end up depressed but that does not excuse the beauty of this personality type. Modify rather than try a desperate attempt to change.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by RICKYMARIO(m): 6:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
lemme share my experience today.
We had a departmental programme (which lasted for about 3 hrs) , i noticed i was quite enthusiastic @ the beginning but when the programme started drawing to a close (dancing part) i became emotionally weak, while others were dancing i just sat down & was moping .
At a time i couldnt take it anymore, had to just leave the programme & run home.
who else has observed this kind of thing when going for a gathering?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 12:10am On Jan 27, 2017
KingJeremy:
Gawd I fuckedd up big time yesterday when I was returning frm class. I'm in ND2... I wanted to cross d road when I was going home yday, then this beautiful lady walked up to me and told me to "Plss hold her hands so we could cross together" she said she's afraid of busy road. And we crossed 2geda, I asked her if she was a fresher which she confirmed.. so I jus told her she's beautiful and she said thank u and we parted ways. I should ve ask for her digits or even dept. but but I was jus... Idk...

I don't think you messed up. It's not at every opportunity that arises a guy tries to get a girl's number - even if you're 'interested.' Especially as an introvert, it's okay to feel that every opportunity should be used (since they rarely show up anyway) but the truth is that if all opportunities are used, it may be difficult to keep up with plenty acquaintances. Many introverts confess they meet new people, get their contacts and never really call or attempt to get close.

Also, she was a lady in 'distress' so asking for her number in that situation probably looks like you were taking advantage of the situation. But if you see her again, you can probably ask more about her and if she appears interesting enough to you then contact may follow.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 12:21am On Jan 27, 2017
RICKYMARIO:
lemme share my experience today.
We had a departmental programme (which lasted for about 3 hrs) , i noticed i was quite enthusiastic @ the beginning but when the programme started drawing to a close (dancing part) i became emotionally weak, while others were dancing i just sat down & was moping .
At a time i couldnt take it anymore, had to just leave the programme & run home.
who else has observed this kind of thing when going for a gathering?

That's very normal for a typical introvert. Biologically, unlike in extroverts where the more dopamine in the brain causes more excitement and feel-good vibe, introverts time out (and burn out) with increasing dopamine and hence tend to withdraw into seclusion to recharge and reboot.

So don't let it make you feel bad at all. It's just your wiring and there are loads of people like you who have accepted who they are and feel good about it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by beau49: 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
karleone:
Hello Beau49 & Coris.ande,

Once an Introvert always an introvert. smiley wink

The nature of my job won't allow me be one as I have to interact and come out of my comfort zone. So far so good,we are managing it. But I still prefer my introversion sometimes.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2017
Wat a thread.. My first time here

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ngobaby2264: 12:56am On Jan 30, 2017
Thank God i found this thread.im a chronic introvert but growing up,i was made to view being introverted as a personality flaw.im a lady and guys tag me boring.loud guys put me off.i hate small talk like mad.im intelligent and very logical but i just meet chatterboxes..my close friend in school is a talkactive ,most times i avoid her,cos sometimes talking too much is very stressful fot me.but i have a problem.i shy away gfrom taking positions of leadership cos i doubt myself a lot.i avoid confrontations too and im terribly shy

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 30, 2017
Prime1:
wow, so there's a thread like this....this is my first time coming across it since I joined NL..........

am shocked too
this life sha, orishirishi
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2017
OK. I've finally concluded I hate my aunt. I really hate the way she talks. Mostly she talks about my mother spoiling me, and the shi.t she talks about ain't true and when ever she says this I feel like telling her to shut the f.uck up she acts like she knows it all. She finds flaws in everything I do. The thing that pains me most is the way she talks about my mother, the woman who carried me for 9 months..... if only I could talk back and tell her not to talk about my mother the way she does but you know Karma hits real hard sad

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LUCAS99: 3:41pm On Jan 31, 2017
Please my introverted personality is killing me. I need help.
Friends have abandoned me. Family too. Please I need help

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.