Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,971 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:37 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (630494 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pappyrose(f): 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
obiscolly:
Can relate with that. Sometimes I guess there's a transition point between being introvert and extrovert in a person's life. My mum usually says if anyone told her I'd be this calm, she wouldn't have ever believed. As a child I was definition of extrovert and a real noise and trouble maker. Lol. I know something is usually responsible for this transition, but I wonder what it is. Ultimately, I'm glad I made the switch cos I love who I am now smiley

I think age and experience play a serious role in this. Another thing that I think contributed to mine was that people started insulting me for never taking anything serious. I made joke out of every issue either serious or trivial issues, I had to start learning how to 'couple'. I only catch fun with my inner caucus but when I'm in d midst of unfamiliar people, I play very safe cos I don't want to be embarrassed.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by obiscolly(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
pappyrose:

I think age and experience play a serious role in this. Another thing that I think contributed to mine was that people started insulting me for never taking anything serious. I made joke out of every issue either serious or trivial issues, I had to start learning how to 'couple'. I only catch fun with my inner caucus but when I'm in d midst of unfamiliar people, I play very safe cos I don't want to be embarrassed.
Very true..i get so hyper with my close friends that they think i'm going crazy at times...lol. Good to know i share similarities with a lot of people tho.. sometimes i just wonder if i'm alone in my own world cool

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pappyrose(f): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
obiscolly:
Very true..i get so hyper with my close friends that they think i'm going crazy at times...lol. Good to know i share similarities with a lot of people tho.. sometimes i just wonder if i'm alone in my own world cool

The feeling is mutual.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
Wow! It feels great knowing that they are people out there that share the same character trait with you.

Some few days ago, I thought of visiting a shrink to see if something could be done about my introverted nature. In as much as I love who I am atimes it makes me feel all alone in the world.

One of my greatest challenge is maintaining a healthy relationship (friendship)! I tend to build a thick wall around me that makes me unreachable.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by obiscolly(m): 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
kemiola89: Wow! It feels great knowing that they are people out there that share the same character trait with you.

Some few days ago, I thought of visiting a shrink to see if something could be done about my introverted nature. In as much as I love who I am atimes it makes me feel all alone in the world.

One of my greatest challenge is maintaining a healthy relationship (friendship)! I tend to build a thick wall around me that makes me unreachable.
You're not alone! Welcome smiley

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by corisande: 2:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
kemiola89: Wow! It feels great knowing that they are people out there that share the same character trait with you.

grin
I used to think I was alone, different
thank God for the Internet

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemiola89(f): 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
corisande:

grin
I used to think I was alone, different
thank God for the Internet

Yea, the internet is a place to hide away from the world.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Amazingg: 7:15am On Sep 02, 2014
Happy new month ya all! It's time to shine out amongst the stars. Take charge
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:07am On Sep 02, 2014
Amazingg: Happy new month ya all! It's time to shine out amongst the stars. Take charge
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:09am On Sep 02, 2014
#IntrovertFact; Most introvert feel embarassed at the expense of other people's embarassment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by fantasia200(f): 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
vikel2104: The thing that baffle me is that an introvert tends to understand people but yet they're the most misunderstood. I tend to sense peoples' feelings but when it comes to me, they don't even care to know. Another thing is that an introvert tends to understand and get clues quickly. So it pisses me off sometimes when people cannot understand seemingly simple things. I guess it has to do with our ability to think deeply. I prefer thought-provoking discussions rather than empty chatter. That's why some people cannot discuss with me because i don't like shallow talk and that's what most people engage in. Let's just say I love depth in everything I do. I love to ask the question 'why?' before I do things but people would prefer that I go with the flow and just do what everyone is doing. I have a way of revealing myself to people depending on who it is. If I meet a total stranger who I'm most likely never going to see again, I could chat and act like an extrovert. But if I'm most likely going to be seeing the person often, I show them my real introverted self with the mind that with time they'll see that that is how I am and those who accept me will finally make friends with me. Over the years I've come to be able to talk in front of people but I'm still not very comfortable when it's impromptu. If I'm told to teach something, I go the extra mile to make sure you undertand because I don't like the thought that i've wasted my time, my precious time. Staying indoors? Oh there is nothing as blissful as my 'me time' I hate noise more than anything. (sorry for the long unparagraphed post. But being an introvert I know you had the patience to read through it)
this sounds a lot like me

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vikel2104: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
fantasia200: this sounds a lot like me
really?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by J0nyb0y(m): 8:31am On Sep 04, 2014

i can relate with that, many times i have tought of visiting a shrink also...
It would really be a nice thing if everyone understands why people act the way they do without basing judgements on some myopic conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sisiafrika(f): 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ushafaiza: People miscontrue introverts, ppl think u are a snub, pompous bcause u hardly speak, i lost local govt election because of my introvert nature,
you wanna loot funds
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sisiafrika(f): 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
obiscolly:
Can relate with that. Sometimes I guess there's a transition point between being introvert and extrovert in a person's life. My mum usually says if anyone told her I'd be this calm, she wouldn't have ever believed. As a child I was definition of extrovert and a real noise and trouble maker. Lol. I know something is usually responsible for this transition, but I wonder what it is. Ultimately, I'm glad I made the switch cos I love who I am now smiley
so I heard
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by obiscolly(m): 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
sisiafrika: so I heard
What did you hear? smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tmosco(m): 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
Pls wat ur take on dating fellow introvert.most of my friends says d relationship will b boring.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by obiscolly(m): 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
tmosco: Pls wat ur take on dating fellow introvert.most of my friends says d relationship will b boring.
Lol...in my opinion I wouldn't advice that. Yh, I think it's gonna be boring. It makes more sense to date someone who has complementary qualities compared to you. U don't want u both sitting at home all day with nothing to discuss..lol. It's better you seek someone who can occasionally draw you outta your shell. Variety is the spice of life!

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by zube01(m): 9:27am On Sep 05, 2014
I have been following this thread for quite somtime now!...honestly I don't know where I belong to..sometimes my mood determines how I feel! When I talk or party I tend to party hard but the next minute when u see me in my inner shell u won't believe its me who just partied...sombdy also said introverts are shy! Yes I totally agree with u..m shy and I am overcoming it!..about friends? Well I don't have much friends both in skool and at home!...but I like arguments sha!! Esp intelligent ones..and some times I just Get tired of talking...I just love listening... Watching movies though I get tired somtimes...sports well I don't hate it I don't like it..it bores me!..women well I love meeting them though that barrier shyness is there..and most times I don't get to meet the ones I fancy!..I don't like visiting unless we have somthing in common,.I so much love reading novels..thank God for the internet its really a saviour!....my question...I believe everyone here is an introvert so I will ask freely...what's ur relationship with the opposite sex like?...how. do u meet the opposite sex of ur dreams?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by J0nyb0y(m): 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
obiscolly:
Lol...in my opinion I wouldn't advice that. Yh, I think it's gonna be boring. It makes more sense to date someone who has complementary qualities compared to you. U don't want u both sitting at home all day with nothing to discuss..lol. It's better you seek someone who can occasionally draw you outta your shell. Variety is the spice of life!
i totally agree with you.
But i would say it applies more to relationships which the girl is the introvert.. I dont think girls generally like booring guys not to think of getting into a relationship with them (i stand to be corrected tho)...
Butressing the fact that most introverts (males) are sort of shy and approaching an extroverted girl would be hell of a problem....

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by J0nyb0y(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
zube01: I have been following this thread for quite somtime now!...honestly I don't know where I belong to..sometimes my mood determines how I feel! When I talk or party I tend to party hard but the next minute when u see me in my inner shell u won't believe its me who just partied...sombdy also said introverts are shy! Yes I totally agree with u..m shy and I am overcoming it!..about friends? Well I don't have much friends both in skool and at home!...but I like arguments sha!! Esp intelligent ones..and some times I just Get tired of talking...I just love listening... Watching movies though I get tired somtimes...sports well I don't hate it I don't like it..it bores me!..women well I love meeting them though that barrier shyness is there..and most times I don't get to meet the ones I fancy!..I don't like visiting unless we have somthing in common,.I so much love reading novels..thank God for the internet its really a saviour!....my question...I believe everyone here is an introvert so I will ask freely...what's ur relationship with the opposite sex like?...how. do u meet the opposite sex of ur dreams?
honestly speaking its not been an easy feat... It depends on the individual, your desire to relate more with the opposite sex and doing something about it. Not just fantasizing
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by prettiest1(f): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
Olarewajub: i've been inside my room now for the past 50hours. That's how we spend our holiday. I'm gradually over coming stage fright.
talking of stage fright? Don't tell me to do anything in any crowded gathering I beg.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
You must speak in a crowded gathering one day. You better start preparing. Lol.
prettiest1: talking of stage fright? Don't tell me to do anything in any crowded gathering I beg.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by prettiest1(f): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
Thank God for the wide range of internet. The other day someone said I should better marry my phone cos am always inside just surfing. I enjoy being indoors.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by prettiest1(f): 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
Olarewajub: You must speak in a crowded gathering one day. You better start preparing. Lol.
Honestly I need to. I always admire people speaking on stage without feeling shy. In my mind will be saying, when will I do that?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tmosco(m): 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
i was told to give the offering at my church for a program .i couldn't sleep through out the week,just thinking of wat i was going to say.after everytin no one even said anytin about it.it was like an ordinary tin to dem but it was hell for me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
grin grin grin

I feel i best spend my time when im alone doing things i enjoy the most.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
If you believe in your imagination and work hard you gonna be a great public speaker.
prettiest1: Honestly I need to. I always admire people speaking on stage without feeling shy. In my mind will be saying, when will I do that?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
vikel2104: The thing that baffle me is that an introvert tends to understand people but yet they're the most misunderstood. I tend to sense peoples' feelings but when it comes to me, they don't even care to know. Another thing is that an introvert tends to understand and get clues quickly. So it pisses me off sometimes when people cannot understand seemingly simple things. I guess it has to do with our ability to think deeply. I prefer thought-provoking discussions rather than empty chatter. That's why some people cannot discuss with me because i don't like shallow talk and that's what most people engage in. Let's just say I love depth in everything I do. I love to ask the question 'why?' before I do things but people would prefer that I go with the flow and just do what everyone is doing. I have a way of revealing myself to people depending on who it is. If I meet a total stranger who I'm most likely never going to see again, I could chat and act like an extrovert. But if I'm most likely going to be seeing the person often, I show them my real introverted self with the mind that with time they'll see that that is how I am and those who accept me will finally make friends with me. Over the years I've come to be able to talk in front of people but I'm still not very comfortable when it's impromptu. If I'm told to teach something, I go the extra mile to make sure you undertand because I don't like the thought that i've wasted my time, my precious time. Staying indoors? Oh there is nothing as blissful as my 'me time' I hate noise more than anything. (sorry for the long unparagraphed post. But being an introvert I know you had the patience to read through it)
smiley

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 07, 2014
I think this should go beyond pin pointing the characteristics of an introvert which is generally common to us all to harness and developing better balance.

Introverts are deep thinkers and smarter than what people see from the surface... This is one of their most powerful tool. They have strong mental ability that aid them through trying times and make them appear resilient. They are calculative and good strategist.

But is it possible to switch temparament between extrovert to introvert?

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 07, 2014
slimz10: Another habit (or trait) is, d are exceedingly good in making sacrifices for d good of others but those people always take dem as fools. One thing i have learnt d hard way is to say "NO" in most FAVOURS. I detest being "used" by someone just because u are easy going. (most introvert are from my little observation sha )
this is just so so so my experience.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2014

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.