Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636071 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dani4tech(m): 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
Vivipop:

Exactly what I had in mind.
My fantasy world is so perfect and quiet. It is very private and contented.
Unlike my younger sister, I have hard time making friends, not like I try because I don't buy into the reason for making new friends.
Call me shy but I like to keep it very distant, that way, I can avoid you when I don't feel like it. Admire me from afar but don't try to connect because i won't have it and you are gonna ruin it all. I am scared and shy of having to bring up something during conversations, not because i don't have anything to say but i am always bothered about the other person liking or buying into what i may bring up. That awkward moment when he/she says "hi" and you say "hello, how have you been? How has your day been?" at the end of the line, what next? Maybe I should wait for you to start up another discussion, maybe I should ask what you ate today, no maybe you have not eaten, maybe I should rather ask you what you are doing. Arghhh! The whole thing freak me out. I'll rather keep to myself. Privacy is a sacred deity for me, i love watching other people from behind the curtain. I am much more comfortable there. Once in a while i try and let myself feel the attention but just for a little time and nothing more I hate too close attention, I love black colour or any other dull colour. Most times I put my phone on flight mode, so I don't get to answer calls from my few friends. A habit I love so much. If I see you coming towards me, I would give anything to take the next road so you don't get to see me and we start "catching up" with God knows what.
I hate chatting on social media, same reason I quit Facebook, too crowded and public for me.
Most time I go on my WhatsApp, I put off my data so people don't get to know I'm online. I creep in very quickly to check my contact's dps and I creep out almost immediately.
I love staying indoors. If I must breath in fresh air outside or put in a little alcohol into the system, I go to a very private place with a close and trusted friend, in house parties are the best. Mask wearing wouldn't be a bad treat. LOL.
In all these, the few friends I have come to make, have grown on me, I try most times not to appear too clingy. Anyways, they are the ones who wouldn't mind a long time of silence when i am with them, i don't feel awkward when I have nothing more to say, I don't feel the need to always bring up something around them.
I feel contented watching other people from the sidelines while fulfilling my aspirations.
Oh I love introverted guys, they are so cute. I feel I can always have an upper hand when dealing with them. I act like an extrovert around them, seeing myself in them gives me a butterfly feeling in my stomach. smiley
how far do you intend to go with this habits ? you thinking this habits will be of great help once get in to any meaningful relationship ? do you Intend to Get married to someone like your kind ?or to time opposite kind of persons ? how do you think this attitude of yours will help you relate well with kids (and even when you start having your own kids ) evaluate this series of questions and try get back time me , may be we could build up some holds.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
Bahddo:
"Socially deficient" is just a term used to make introversion seem like a disease. Be friendly but no use going out of your way just so you wouldn't be termed awkward. Only do it for those that matter.

The fact that the world celebrates extroversion and ridicules introversion doesn't mean we'd have to see ourselves the same way and try to bend over to please the world.
you could be a strong introvert and yet not "socially deficient personality", do some research about this and get more enlightened. I have gone round some strong public personality in this nation who you won't dare imagine are die hard intros,! I can count them ,some are even very close pals.with the level of work of life I have attained (by the mercies of God), you can hardly know I qm an introvert unless you come pretty close with succinct observation.I have over come that socially deficient stage of life , I can now relate, counsel, teach, educate and lead a large crowd of various people who God sends my way per time per time. That you see your neibor coming on the same lane with you and you choose to take another path just to ignore him /her, or you pass through the middle of elders sitting in your fathers compound and you choose to pass in between them and ignore them simply because "you are an introvert"! is that a reason ? introverts are not supposed to be socially deficient in the society , they Are educated and sociable too, very mature in character and can cope with others with 'excessive attitudes ".I am a public speaker, a counselor, but I am also very skewed to the introvert axis of life , I have chosen to get better daily, help others realise their God ordained plans for themselves (wether an intro or qn extro).we all (introverts ) must understand that life doesn't just revolve round US alone, we need to give out love if we desired to beloved too

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
Vivipop:

Unlike my younger sister, I have hard time making friends, not like I try because I don't buy into the reason for making new friends.
Call me shy but I like to keep it very distant, that way, I can avoid you when I don't feel like it. Admire me from afar but don't try to connect because i won't have it and you are gonna ruin it all. I am scared and shy of having to bring up something during conversations, not because i don't have anything to say but i am always bothered about the other person liking or buying into what i may bring up. That awkward moment when he/she says "hi" and you say "hello, how have you been? How has your day been?" at the end of the line, what next? Maybe I should wait for you to start up another discussion, maybe I should ask what you ate today, no maybe you have not eaten, maybe I should rather ask you what you are doing. Arghhh! The whole thing freak me out. I'll rather keep to myself. Privacy is a sacred deity for me, i love watching other people from behind the curtain. I am much more comfortable there. Once in a while i try and let myself feel the attention but just for a little time and nothing more I hate too close attention, I love black colour or any other dull colour. Most times I put my phone on flight mode, so I don't get to answer calls from my few friends. A habit I love so much. If I see you coming towards me, I would give anything to take the next road so you don't get to see me and we start "catching up" with God knows what.
I hate chatting on social media, same reason I quit Facebook, too crowded and public for me.
Most time I go on my WhatsApp, I put off my data so people don't get to know I'm online. I creep in very quickly to check my contact's dps and I creep out almost immediately.
I love staying indoors. If I must breath in fresh air outside or put in a little alcohol into the system, I go to a very private place with a close and trusted friend, in house parties are the best. Mask wearing wouldn't be a bad treat. LOL.
In all these, the few friends I have come to make, have grown on me, I try most times not to appear too clingy. Anyways, they are the ones who wouldn't mind a long time of silence when i am with them, i don't feel awkward when I have nothing more to say, I don't feel the need to always bring up something around them.
I feel contented watching other people from the sidelines while fulfilling my aspirations.
Oh I love introverted guys, they are so cute. I feel I can always have an upper hand when dealing with them. I act like an extrovert around them, seeing myself in them gives me a butterfly feeling in my stomach. smiley

Now, this is a very interesting read. And I can relate with most of it too. What a life! grin cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LeiderJa: 1:26am On Jul 05, 2017
Guys in the house please help me, I think I am getting depressed cry and I fear I have developed sociopathic tendencies.

First off, my introversion levels are super high (like a 95% out of 100), so basically I talked only to people in my inner circle. Then comes a tragic event which just sucks the air outta me, and I just basically lie in bed for days thinking about life, purpose and watching series all day while studies and school keep declining. I actually succeeded in shutting out everybody even to the point of removing all my data online, having many sim cards to avoid calls.

I actually also find myself fantasizing about being a serial killer, thinking about life being meaningless and all that.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me out with online therapy sites.
Also,This is a new moniker.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamnlia(m): 1:33am On Jul 05, 2017
Vivipop:

This is me.
If I am not in the mood for annoying small talk, I can cross express to avoid the person, I can enter unnecessary bike to avoid him/her, I can do anything.

Just wish my mama was on nairaland, I will invite her here so she will see I'm normal and stop disturbing my life.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2017
iamnlia:

This is me.
If I am not in the mood for annoying small talk, I can cross express to avoid the person, I can enter unnecessary bike to avoid him/her, I can do anything.

Just wish my mama was on nairaland, I will invite her here so she will see I'm normal and stop disturbing my life.
what's ur mum's name, I will invite her cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamnlia(m): 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
Piiko:
what's ur mum's name, I will invite her cheesy
Baba Piiko cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
iamnlia:

Baba Piiko cheesy
how do you do I PMed you my no, you didn't reach out
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamnlia(m): 8:34pm On Jul 06, 2017
Piiko:
how do you do I PMed you my no, you didn't reach out

Lemme check well.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by midayy(f): 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hello guys...
so glad to be here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sharplikenail: 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
Introverts should look out for one another.

Like when you see loud people picking on an introvert in your vicinity, its a good idea to stand up for them.

Introverts also don't like talking to strangers. Which is partly why we created Lara.ng

When you are on the street and you need to find your way to a place you don't know, it seems the best way is to ask the conductor on the bus, or the stranger on the street. Well not anymore. Now you can just visit http://lara.ng - get all the directions you need straight from your phone.

That's my gift to the introvert community. Please share with others too.

Introverts unite!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AmoryBlacq: 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
I've accepted who I am
no point trying to look, talk, dance, act like someone else

I'm a proud Introvert!!!
would share my journey so far with you all very soon

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamnlia(m): 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2017
AmoryBlacq:
I've accepted who I am

no point trying to look, talk, dance, act like someone else

I'm a proud Introvert!!!

would share my journey so far with you all very soon

I accepted mine too.....
When I decided to act normal, I realised that I wasn't bring myself. So I said fuçk it and resumed my normal life even though it came with what might have been a bout of depression.

But side talk doesn't bother me.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
LeiderJa:
Guys in the house please help me, I think I am getting depressed cry and I fear I have developed sociopathic tendencies.

First off, my introversion levels are super high (like a 95% out of 100), so basically I talked only to people in my inner circle. Then comes a tragic event which just sucks the air outta me, and I just basically lie in bed for days thinking about life, purpose and watching series all day while studies and school keep declining. I actually succeeded in shutting out everybody even to the point of removing all my data online, having many sim cards to avoid calls.

I actually also find myself fantasizing about being a serial killer, thinking about life being meaningless and all that.

Hello LeiderJa,

I sincerely doubt your depression is the cause of your sociopathic fantasy. Depression may make you want to hurt yourself but not going after others. Perhaps that tragic event that spiralled you into the depression (unhelped by your introversion too, of course) may be the trigger of the fantasy as well.

You see, depression can be a very tough opponent so the earlier you create a consciousness to fight it, the better for you. And trust me, shutting out people won't make things any better - you need some few trustworthy/reliable friends and family who will help you get through this.

You need to come to terms with that tragic event. I think it's the chief issue. It may be uneasy but talk about it to a trusted person and unburden yourself of it. That way, you'll gradually find yourself again. As for the online therapy you mentioned, there are quite a few free ones you can join and then exchange messages with people who know a thing or two about what you're going through. Just google "free online therapy" and you'll see them.

All the best!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2017
Dani4tech:
I find it hard talking to pretty ladies cry (very fresh niqqur tho')
.... Any solution to this??

That's somewhat normal for a number of young adults. Don't see your difficulty starting conversations with the opposite sex as a problem. It isn't. It's just something you'll have to grow out of. It may be easier for extroverted people but may take introverts a while to blend.

Practice makes perfect. As I advice people, just start by developing conversations with people who are inclined to answer (waitresses, security personnel, attendants e.t.c.). Ask that pretty mall attendant what she thinks about your choice of beverage/perfume and her opinion on an alternative product. Tell that stunning bank teller about the weather outside and ask her if the crowd in the bank hasn't been overwhelming for her. However, never overdo it. The point is to get comfortable around the opposite sex not make friends or disturb their work.
In a matter of time, you'll feel more comfortable making conversations with just anyone - lady or guy.

Also, try to make yourself comfortable enough. If you feel your spoken English isn't good enough, improve on it. Appearance also affect self-confidence, so try to be comfortable in that regard. The whole point is to increase your confidence so nothing changeable within your power should impede your effort.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
LeiderJa:

There is something I also observed over the years about fantasies and introverts. It seems some of us would rather do a lot of wishful thinking instead of acting it out in a real world. The fact is, this is actually not healthy for the mind. So what I do is, once I am thinking over something too much or overthinking, I would just do it or say it and let it go.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
iamnlia:

This is me.

hahahahahahahahahah lol, bros u call this normal ? eeww!!, you hurting those who love you , care about you and wanna be with you and You call that normal ??, do u know how much of heart ache you give your momma and few loved ones around you ? this aint normal please, life just dosent revolve round you alone , you must be ready to open up and adjust to q better fairer life style.once you game with that, let me know , I might come in handy, sorry if I may ask how old are u please? give me a age range. once again I laugh in fulani ! disturbing your life indeed dear .

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
midayy:
Hello guys...
so glad to be here
welcome midayy, you an introvert ?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
midayy:
Hello guys...

so glad to be here
is it Olamide, Aramide, or Iremide?got a sis friend with The name; Iremide.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by midayy(f): 7:26am On Jul 10, 2017
gidjah:
is it Olamide, Aramide, or Iremide?got a sis friend with The name; Iremide.

it's aramide
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by midayy(f): 7:27am On Jul 10, 2017
gidjah:
welcome midayy, you an introvert ?
101% introvert
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 10:49am On Jul 10, 2017
midayy:

101% introvert
hahaahaaaahaa ! you funny o, welcome fellow intro,
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2017
midayy:

it's aramidehmmmmhmmmm, ekaabo, sarin wa, my fellow intros will make this place a safe haven for you .

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamcy(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hi guys.

Just stumbled on this thread.

My personality type is called intuitive introversion.

I see it as a strength than a weakness because it enables me think up great solutions and stuff.

On a side note I think it might be necessary for introverts to once in a while get out of their comfort zones and interact with other folks. Hey, the whole aim of life is self development, growth not perfection.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Qu3sT(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2017
am bored and looking for someone to talk to. being a closed-off person also doesn't help much since am super curious and like talking to interesting people. so if anybody wanna try something new, hit me up.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
iamcy:
Hi guys.

Just stumbled on this thread.

My personality type is called intuitive introversion.

I see it as a strength than a weakness because it enables me think up great solutions and stuff.

On a side note I think it might be necessary for introverts to once in a while get out of their comfort zones and interact with other folks. Hey, the whole aim of life is self development, growth not perfection.
you say once in a while bro?, thats not enough , the more you grow in life , the more you should be getting over that introverted nature , remember you gonna get married and have kids, they will want an open father and mother, they will always want to hear and learn from you. what about the work place ? your fulltime introverted character won't help u much either, you can't talk freely and associate wIth your colleagues , relate well with customers and do good market promotion for your business (ALL IN THE NAME OF BEEN AN INTROVERT) ?, that's not cool , life doesn't revolve round you alone, (talking about us introverts generally please ) we have to understand the rule of life and play along them well, we ought to know when to stick out and lend a helping hand and show someone we care in our own little way, then can posterity judge US truly social sincere and faithful with our God given talents .Sometimes ago, I walked to a nearby hospital and talked with the doctor if he could allow me pray with all the patients in his hospital? he looked at me and was so surprised! here was me a die hard introvert who can hardy look up someone in the eyes! I had to summone courage as I was been led by my master .

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Giel: 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
@gidjah
I don't understand how an introvert tells another introvert to get over his introverted nature

or did I miss the point?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
Giel:
@gidjah
I don't understand how an introvert tells another introvert to get over his introverted nature

or did I miss the point?
u really missed this one sis, the bottom line of my write up is this ; life doesn't revolve round you alone, others need share in your person, try opening up and return love to those showing u green light of love . shutting them out makes your matter more complex.even at an age of about 50 to 60, an introvert can still be picked out, you hardly out grow such rare gifted quality, you go all the way with it.my very honored father in the lord is about 60yrs of age I relate with him to be a very introverted person, you have to come close to notice that temperament in him(signifying that he gradually outgrew lots of the introverted signs in him), though he is a bishop leader in one of the very biggest Christian gathering on earth today.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 16, 2017
So,I'm not the only one. It's a die hard for me to look at someone at eyes,I enjoy doing things alone. Staying indoors is what I'm addicted to,I hardly have time for keeping friends.... My characters have been mentioned and included in some comments above..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 5:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
GodlySammy:
So,I'm not the only one. It's a die hard for me to look at someone at eyes,I enjoy doing things alone. Staying indoors is what I'm addicted to,I hardly have time for keeping friends.... My characters have been mentioned and included in some comments above..
its very true, virtually every introvert have the same Traits , but some grow out of this traits over time(though not all the traits ), some others don't.But they generally crave for those quiet moment and lonely seasons were they get recharged just like a very good 'Nokia battery '
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dainty25(f): 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
There are people like me embarassed
So nice to be here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.