Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636194 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by boyka24: 4:14am On Sep 23, 2017
Raiyell:
How about love?

Love scares me. Love is too stressful and I have given up on it. Just the other day, I was talking to my friend, I said, "I will find love late in life, or never find it."

I have been thinking lately and the more I look at it the more I am convinced that I do not have the right temperament to nurture a relationship.

I am always exhausted after the second week and I start looking for a means of escape. I could be the most romantic person on earth, going out with a fine woman and all but after the first week, when the first traces of her femininity begins to feature in my daily thoughts, and even irritate me, I feel like a cat caught inside a cage snare placed on the rooftop. I feel like I am a snared animal that can see the snarer working the snare to catch it, and put it inside a bag. And off course, at that point, it has to run. Run it does!!

After the first week, I need to rid myself of the females influence on my psyche -- I do this by tuning down my affection totally. My time, my thoughts anything but her. To be honest, I feel better. I tell myself every time I start a new one that I will persevere this time -- all are lies, I never do.

The ways of woman are a great source of wonder and stress to me. I am taciturn by nature, do not sweat the small stuff, and like to approach life from a logical and rational standpoint -- so far, the women I have gotten into relationships with, no matter how promising they seemed in the beginning, soon start to show a strong affinity for the things I hate.

No need sweating the small stuff. I will not pursue love. If love finds me, I will not make huge changes to the way I live my life. I think it's better to have peace of mind and self-love, than have love which produces nothing but stress and heartaches for you all the time.

Sex?

I quiet like sex. I feel sex starved sometimes but I have a good solution to that: ashewo! Yeah, I pay for sex.

About twice, or thrice monthly, I head over to the club and pick up a runs girl. Take her home and pay her well to make all my fantasies come true. Call girls give the most amazing sex ever. All positions, all techniques -- nothing is ever off the table. Who needs love when you can get this.

PS.

I am a deeply introverted mid-twenties man with a history of bad relationships. Do not advise or judge. I am sharing this story because... well, no reason actually. Just don't judge
we are both alike in evert sense bro. it feels good u have the knack for revealing this. I wish I could have a serious relationship but have failed on countless times owing to my timidity as an introvert. this is why I go to club for sex only

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by misterh(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
Hi all!
Came across this article few minutes ago ago on networking for Introverts. You should give it a read.

https://campuspress.yale.edu/cnspy/2017/02/16/an-introverts-guide-to-networking-v-changing-your-perception/

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2017
Windflower:

That's the problem,you don't have to worry about anything, everything has to do with our mindset.Next time do not procrastinate,always challenge yourself to dare something you haven't done before.

Now, am trying not to be too withdrawn from people,today I was really playful at work that people were surprised. I guess we just have to learn to adjust our introverted nature so people don't see us as alien. smiley
very very correct miss wind flower, the best word for the situation is :"modify and adjust"
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
it is good to be home, happy weekends to all my humble intros,may this week ahead bring us all the great answers we ever need

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
Olarewajub:
Happy Weekend everybody!
Please notify us when it's out

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by siegfried99(m): 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2017
Wow.. thought I was alone.. been reading a lot here

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by narutop: 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
Oh my God. See my people. Feels like you all are describing me.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
siegfried99:
Wow.. thought I was alone.. been reading a lot here

narutop:
Oh my God. See my people. Feels like you all are describing me.

Welcome smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by siegfried99(m): 3:30pm On Sep 24, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Welcome smiley

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HiddenManna(m): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2017
Hi all! I'm writing a book titled: © The Life and Diary of an Introvert

Actually I was thinking of making it *journal* instead of the word *diary*

What do you all say about this?

Also, do you think it can make much sales? Because [some] people have nothing to do with introverts or being an introvert.

What do you say?

In addition, I'm also thinking of writing it in american style or the native nigerian style.
I tend to write in american style because I want to sell it as an ebook on Amazon. Most americans who by from Amazon never prefer reading books by africans talk less of nigerians.

What do you say about this too?

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Candy86(f): 1:50am On Oct 01, 2017
I would buy the introvert book. I am an introvert and I am American. I am happily married but still an introvert.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:13am On Oct 02, 2017
HiddenManna:

Also, do you think it can make much sales? Because [some] people have nothing to do with introverts or being an introvert.

What do you say?

In addition, I'm also thinking of writing it in american style or the native nigerian style.
I tend to write in american style because I want to sell it as an ebook on Amazon. Most americans who by from Amazon never prefer reading books by africans talk less of nigerians.

I prefer "The Life and Diary of an Introvert". Adopt the American style because Nigerians rarely buy books from Amazon.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gyard782: 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
I was wondering if someone can tell me of a website that is dedicated to ending "gender equality" and putting women in their place. I cannot find one on google.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
HiddenManna:

What do you say?

I personally feel a title such as "The Journal of an Introvert" or "The Diary of an Introvert" without the "life" should do the trick. It feels like the diary of someone speaks volume about their life anyway. Just an opinion and not a direct response to your question.

"American Style." You will reach a wider audience that way, including the local one the alternative targets.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ayomicome(m): 10:59am On Oct 04, 2017
smiley Am happy to find people like me here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
Chai! I don miss! #team introvert. I give up in love already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2017
Guys! You all should check the original post. Top books every Introvert should read has been added.

@ Rukkydelta
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2017
Olarewajub:
Guys! You all should check the original post. Top books every Introvert should read has been added.

@ Rukkydelta
Bro thanks for the mention
Good evening

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HiddenManna(m): 3:05am On Oct 07, 2017
DonOms:

I personally feel a title such as "The Journal of an Introvert" or "The Diary of an Introvert" without the "life" should do the trick. It feels like the diary of someone speaks volume about their life anyway. Just an opinion and not a direct response to your question.

"American Style." You will reach a wider audience that way, including the local one the alternative targets.

Thanks for this, seconded indeed!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HiddenManna(m): 3:06am On Oct 07, 2017
Olarewajub:

I prefer "The Life and Diary of an Introvert". Adopt the American style because Nigerians rarely buy books from Amazon.

Goodluck.

Thanks!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HiddenManna(m): 3:11am On Oct 07, 2017
Candy86:
I would buy the introvert book. I am an introvert and I am American. I am happily married but still an introvert.

It would take some time before the book is being released. Thanks for your interest. wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Jackossky(m): 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2017
Aieboocaar:

*Picks the mic*......

Brotherly!!! cool Everything you wrote up dere describe my personality, with just 1 little difference....I am a bloodly chronic Stammerer mehn!!! grin

I choose to call myself an Extroverted inteovert!!!
I can be very lively and funny atyms o but, Na my condition make me turn introvert!! cry cos its soo much pain using 2mins to complete a simple statement tht will take just 30sec to complete in public.

*Drops mic & takes a seat* grin

Hmmm,
We are all icons bro...we are the same more than you think

Just know that you are amazing
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
HiddenManna:

What do you say?

look toward to getting the book ,let it be in a journal format.Nigerians read and buy books too,would have preferred "our own style " but I don't know about your kind of audience ,even if it is pepped in the American style ,once it is from Africa,the average Whitee won't blink, but the tides are favoring us now, our African style of writing coupled with the settings are taking us out gradually, and believe me ,it is selling hot .

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2017
[quote author=Pynkylypz post=61096456]Chai! I don miss! #team introvert. I give up in love already[/quotes sister ,we didn't get you,did you say "you are giving up on love " abi wetin u say ?]
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
[quote author=gidjah post=61225195][/quote] Yeah! Thats what i mean

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Yeah! Thats what i mean
why would you wanna give up on love Dr friend, don't you think that would be too extreme ?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2017
gidjah:
why would you wanna give up on love Dr friend, don't think that would be too extreme ?
Hmmm
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Hmmm
though love can sometimes get really harsh and disappointing, but all the same ,the shots are worth it .giving up on love, ....haven't heard of such for a pretty long time now,(though I am a witness my self) .wanna talk about this ?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
gidjah:
though love can sometimes get really harsh and disappointing, but all the same ,the shots are worth it .giving up on love, ....haven't heard of such for a pretty long time now,(though I am a witness my self) .wanna talk about this ?
Ermm, nope! This is a general forum
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by EzekielMab(m): 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
My people !!! I'm here
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by EzekielMab(m): 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
charley94:
please guys I need your advice, any suggestions on how to overcome shyness towards approaching ladies. Am 23 done with school and currently working but I have never had a girlfriend.As much as I tell myself that having one is not my priority now. It's just doesn't feel right that i have never been able to ask any lady out

I'm 25 and in similar shoes as you.
I hardly go out too.

I have never had a gf before even in university days.

I have seen girls like me and shown it but Im always shy to ask them out or get closer

I have missed out on up to 6 girls in this similar issues from secondary school to university.

1 even tried in high school then ... From Jss2-ss3 , but was shy to start a convo with her and get closer
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Ermm, nope! This is a general forum
hmmm ok, if u don't mnd , we can talk off the radar.permit me to intrude do u ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.