Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (634871 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2017
Is there something bugging you about Nairaland that you will like to say if given the platform. If yes, worry no more because that platform is now a reality.
Go to the Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread and voice out your complaint, say, opinion, thoughts and suggestions about Nairaland through the below link

https://www.nairaland.com/4112717/nairaland-public-complaint-suggestion-say#61374210

THANK YOU.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chukzy4u(m): 9:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
I think you need to start from those things you hate and start admiring them.
Difficult yes, but nothing is easy even ignorance.
Like someone said, lower the fence and be open.
Choose your friends and go out occasionally. That's what I did.

Dasherz:
okay I have been following this thread steadily

I am an introvert and it is really difficult trying to keep up with a family full of extroverts .. i wake up every morning and I''m like gosh!!! another day ... yes I've been written off so many times and it always hurts especially coming form people in your circle of trust. I hate being me most times cos it feels like I am always alone .. I am in my penultimate year in the university and still don't have that one person I can call a friend

about relationships
I have been in a couple of relationships and guess what
ONLINE DATING .. because i don't go out, i hate the eyes, people staring, people that want to know me and it is eating me I do feel left out in almost everything

given a choose i would not choose to be an introvert

I need help please cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 16, 2017
10 Ways to Work With Your Introversion Rather Than Fight Against It

It’s not easy being an introvert, because our society seems made for extroverts. Job interviews favor those who are personable and quick-thinking. Classrooms are noisy, busy places that reward students who are comfortable speaking in groups and working collaboratively. And of course, when it comes to making friends, networking, and dating, those who are confident and outgoing get ahead.

1. Get over your guilt of leaving the party early.
Have you ever started saying your goodbyes at a social event only to have someone exclaim, “You’re leaving already? The night’s still young!” These types of comments used to fill me with guilt. Why was I the only one getting socially burned out? Was there something wrong with me? Later, I learned that I’m an introvert, and introverts get worn out by socializing because they respond to rewards differently than extroverts. Now I have no problem calling it an early night and heading for the door.

2. Have more meaningful conversations.
In general, introverts cringe at small talk because it feels inauthentic, but we get energized by talking about big ideas and meaningful topics. And there’s good news for introverts: research suggests that the happiest people have twice as many meaningful conversations — and do less surface-level chitchat — than the unhappiest. An added bonus: You may find that big talk doesn’t drain you the way small talk does.

3. Say no to social events that promise little meaningful interaction.
We’ve all been there. An acquaintance invites you to such-and-such event. You feel obligated to go because you don’t want to hurt their feelings or seem rude. But you know that the birthday party for Diane in Accounting or the ladies all-night pub crawl won’t be fulfilling. In fact, it will not only lack meaningful interaction but also leave you with an introvert hangover, which is when you feel physically unwell from overextending yourself socially. If you’re anything like me, you’ve spent a good chunk of your life saying yes to social invitations out of guilt — then paying for it later with exhaustion and overstimulation. Of course, there are some things you probably shouldn’t skip, like your best friend’s wedding shower or your dad’s retirement party. Bottom line, to live a happier life, pass on any unnecessary get-togethers that will drain your battery, not energize it.

4. Don’t force yourself to live the “extroverted” life.
Research from the University of Maryland suggests that acting falsely extroverted can lead to stress, burnout, and cardiovascular disease. Turns out, embracing your introversion isn’t just a feel-good axiom — it’s actually good for your health.

5. Schedule your solitude to avoid hurt feelings.
I had the pleasure of sitting down with introverted Indie rocker jeremy messersmith to interview him for my book. He told me about a smart practice he’s been doing for quite some time: He makes sure he gets enough alone time by scheduling it once a week on the family calendar. That way his extroverted wife won’t feel hurt when he says he wants to be alone. Plus, they can both work together to protect his restorative solitude by not scheduling other obligations at that time. It’s a win-win.

6. Back away from one-sided relationships.
Because introverts tend to listen well and give others the stage, we can be targets for toxic or emotionally needy people. These relationships — in which one person is taking more than they give — exhaust our already limited social energy. If there are people in your life who constantly drain you, consider spending less time with them. You’ll get the bonus of freeing up more time and energy for the people who do fill you up.

7. Give yourself permission to not do it all.
I have an extroverted friend who always has her hand in something. If she’s not organizing a get-together with our friends, she’s volunteering at her son’s pre-school or taking on an extra project at work. I’ll admit that I’ve wished for her energy because she really does seem like she’s doing it all. But I have to remind myself that my talents lie elsewhere — in deep analysis, reflective thinking, and quality over quantity — not in running around doing all the things.

8. Stop beating yourself up for that awkward thing you said…six years ago. (Guilty sad)
Perhaps because introverts have more electrical activity in their brains than extroverts, we tend to ruminate. Our overthinking may take the form of playing embarrassing mistakes over and over in our minds. Unfortunately, rumination can give way to depression and anxiety — and it rarely helps you solve the problem you’re obsessing over. To break free from the rumination cycle, do something to get the powerful engine of your mind chugging down a different track. Call to mind a positive memory, put on music, go for a walk, or do any different activity than the one you’re currently doing.

9. Occasionally step out of your comfort zone.
To my absolute horror, after writing a book about introversion, I learned that people wanted to talk to me about said book. They even wanted me to give interviews, go on podcasts, and give speeches! Let’s just say it was a very real lesson in pushing myself out of my stay-at-home-and-watch-Netflix comfort zone. Honestly, I felt extremely uncomfortable almost every minute of it, but I did those things because I knew they would be good for my career. Taking the occasional jaunt out of your comfort zone can help you grow, too. You can always retreat to your introvert cocoon afterward.

10. Remember that your introvert needs are valid, too.
Society tells introverts that our way is not the right way. As a result, we’ve become accustomed to hiding our needs or pretending. We pretend we’re having a good time at the party when in reality we’re exhausted. We feel pressured to give our boss an answer RIGHT NOW when really we need time to think. However, as you know, when you don’t say what you need, you pay a price. Often, people aren’t purposely trying to burden you or take advantage of you — it may be that they simply aren’t aware of what you need. Do you need a few hours to yourself to recharge from a busy week? Say it! Do you need someone to stop talking to you for a few minutes so you can concentrate? Tell them! Your introvert needs are valid, too.

Gotten from IntrovertDear dot com ........

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ray1251(m): 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
Hey guys am an introvert, I taught I had got over some of my character, I became so friendly and chatty and even in a relationship but of late I became so withdraw that even my gf I longer chat her up, can't even talk to her for length period, am feeling so tired, I don't want my old live, please anybody with suggestions I will really appreciate..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hi fellow introverts. I have a problem and I need your advice ad help.
As an introverted guy, being shy used to be part of me but not anymore cos I've worked on that and I can say that I'm bold even in public and in a crowd.
I can start and keep a conversation flowing really well but that is with males and my close friends.
Starting off a conversation and maintaining it with a guy is as easy as stealing candy from a baby but when it comes to a Lady I become tongue tied and nervous. The most i can say is "HI" and nothing more. it seems like when i'm in the presence of a lady or group of girls my entire system automaticaly activates dummy mode. I know it's sounds funny and weird but seriously it's not. it's ruining my romance life. It's really bothering me and I need help.
Please I need your help and advice on how to overcome this problem.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 19, 2017
Is there something bugging you about Nairaland that you will like to say if given the platform. If yes, worry no more because that platform is now a reality.
Go to the Nairaland Public Complaint, Suggestion, Say And Opinion Thread and voice out your complaint, say, opinion, thoughts and suggestions about Nairaland through the below link

https://www.nairaland.com/4112717/nairaland-public-complaint-suggestion-say#61374210

THANK YOU.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by PropertyAsset: 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
Thank you for this post
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dasherz(f): 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
chukzy4u:

funny enough I don't even know how to go about making friends .. I have read books on it, checked the net and even reached out to try some tips I read (but became more withdrawn after a while) and I just can't help but wander alone

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dasherz(f): 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
chukzy4u:

funny enough I don't even know how to go about making friends .. I have read books on it, checked the net and even reached out to try some tips I read (but became more withdrawn after a while) and I just can't help but wander alone
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 6:50am On Oct 22, 2017
preciousuweh:
Hi fellow introverts. I have a problem and I need your advice ad help.
As an introverted guy, being shy used to be part of me but not anymore cos I've worked on that and I can say that I'm bold even in public and in a crowd.
I can start and keep a conversation flowing really well but that is with males and my close friends.
Starting off a conversation and maintaining it with a guy is as easy as stealing candy from a baby but when it comes to a Lady I become tongue tied and nervous. The most i can say is "HI" and nothing more. it seems like when i'm in the presence of a lady or group of girls my entire system automaticaly activates dummy mode. I know it's sounds funny and weird but seriously it's not. it's ruining my romance life. It's really bothering me and I need help.
Please I need your help and advice on how to overcome this problem.
You just said same thing I am going through right now. I can be very chatty with my fellow guys, but whenever I find myself in the midst of ladies, even if it's just one, I will just off and find it difficult to keep conversation. it's a bother also, though I am still young , but I tell myself if I continue like this , I no go marry o

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2017
charley94:

You just said same thing I am going through right now. I can be very chatty with my fellow guys, but whenever I find myself in the midst of ladies, even if it's just one, I will just off and find it difficult to keep conversation. it's a bother also, though I am still young , but I tell myself if I continue like this , I no go marry o

please Fellow introverts, any suggestions on how to overcome this problem.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 22, 2017
preciousuweh:

please Fellow introverts, any suggestions on how to overcome this problem.

https://www.nairaland.com/2893475/dating-drills-guys-only

You're welcome
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by e4macentz(f): 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2017
good evening house.i am emmanuella, a young graduate..i lost my job sometime this year and i have gone into agriculture that's fish farming,poultry and cucumber farming..i'm here looking for funds of about 70k to add to my business.i know the society we are in but i have pratically ran out of people to help me..i have come this far and i can't give up now..please people i ask you to help from my heart..nothing is to small..i truly and really don't have people to help me..God bless you as you do..09027974551..speed and light on your paths now and always
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by walexzee11(m): 12:37am On Oct 24, 2017
Dasherz:
okay I have been following this thread steadily

I am an introvert and it is really difficult trying to keep up with a family full of extroverts .. i wake up every morning and I''m like gosh!!! another day ... yes I've been written off so many times and it always hurts especially coming form people in your circle of trust. I hate being me most times cos it feels like I am always alone .. I am in my penultimate year in the university and still don't have that one person I can call a friend

about relationships
I have been in a couple of relationships and guess what
ONLINE DATING .. because i don't go out, i hate the eyes, people staring, people that want to know me and it is eating me I do feel left out in almost everything

given a choice i would not choose to be an introvert

I need help please cry cry cry cry cry
You really need help no doubt, you can't even get along with your family! Firstly, Where do you reside? lets see if I can help.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dasherz(f): 1:49am On Oct 24, 2017
walexzee11:
You really need help no doubt, you can't even get along with your family! Firstly, Where do you reside? lets see if I can help.
I'm based in Akwa Ibom state
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
I'm laughing at you people. If you think you're an introvert, then you haven't met me. I'm like the king of introverts. Man, is it annoying!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dasherz:
I'm based in Akwa Ibom state
Swt, you're an introvert too?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dasherz(f): 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Swt, you're an introvert too?
Yes I am. ..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
Cc: gidjah
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dasherz:

Yes I am. ..
Same here o
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dasherz(f): 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Same here o
wow. .. how you coping with it?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dasherz:
wow. .. how you coping with it?
Not easy oo, my dear..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
locust:
I'm laughing at you people. If you think you're an introvert, then you haven't met me. I'm like the king of introverts. Man, is it annoying!
interesting, why do you think you are the king of introverts??
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dasherz(f): 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Not easy oo, my dear..
I know right
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dasherz:
I know right
I sent a friend request on facebook
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dasherz(f): 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pynkylypz:
I sent a friend request on facebook
to me? ... how did you get all the way to my Facebook? wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2017
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dasherz:

to me? ... how did you get all the way to my Facebook? wink
Maybe it's someone else oo. Chai
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dasherz(f): 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pynkylypz:
Maybe it's someone else oo. Chai
are you princess?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dasherz:
are you princess?
Yes..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2017
charley94:
interesting, why do you think you are the king of introverts??
brother, my introversion has no rivalry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.