Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,691 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (635033 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sayoberry(f): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
Olarewajub:
What is the furthest you've done to avoid people?

U don't wanna know smiley
Loads of things. And some are very painful.
The day my mum died, she called me 8times from her deathbed. I din't pick cos I wasn't in the mood to talk. I was just waiting for the phone to stop ringing for a while and I'll call back
I called back 10mins later. She was gone. sad

Same with my dad. 5times I dint pick the phone!
3 hours later, siblings sent text. My papa don go.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by jmanity: 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2017
sayoberry:

The day my mum died, she called me 8times from her deathbed. I din't pick cos I wasn't in the mood to talk. I was just waiting for the phone to stop ringing for a while and I'll call back

This two incidents should have changed your view about missing people's call intentionally. sorry for the loss.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sayoberry(f): 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2017
jmanity:

This two incidents should have changed your view about missing people's call intentionally. sorry for the loss.
It should. But unfortunately it didn't. I still did that same act today. I'm just waiting for the right mood to call back.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SekSek: 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hello Twin! This is soooo me!!!

sayoberry:
cheesy nice thread
I dint even know what Introvert meant until someone called me one *covers face*

I'm not shy. I love going out (alone). I enjoy peace. I like everywhere quiet. I don't like too many people around me. I have a few friends that got tired of calling because I don't pick up. I prefer a text. I'll miss your call-intentionally and call u back. And if I pick up and u are talking for more that a Minute, I hang up and put my phone on airplane.

I make friends as fast as I lose them (lack of communication)

I talk to people only when I feel like or if the need arises. I only go to parties for the rice cheesy my fam knows. I like to start a conversation and end it at my own will. My smile disappears as fast as it forms (I've been caught on video tons of times ) my social media is very active but real life, I'm just a "pls I want to be alone" person.

And I can promise you that I'll be with you next week Saturday so we can hang out. And you will not see me till two years after cheesy
I'm just that!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
SekSek:
Hello Twin! This is soooo me!!!

I don't want to believe we're triplets. Are you male or female?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
sayoberry:

Now this is freaky

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
chigirlangel:

Thank you very much for this...I really appreciate, God bless you

You're very welcome.

We live once only. The best of life, we shall strive to make; The worst of it, we shed and shan't take.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Oloruntobi4382(m): 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
So i do have a family here...hmm

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sayoberry(f): 7:04am On Nov 15, 2017
locust:

I don't want to believe we're triplets. Are you male or female?
Seksek
cheesy tongue born at different times.
Hellow twinsy

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mcy56(f): 10:34am On Nov 15, 2017
sayoberry:

It should. But unfortunately it didn't. I still did that same act today. I'm just waiting for the right mood to call back.

Seems you are not working on yourself and you are actually complacent on hurting yourself and others around you baby girl.

One of the good things that happened to introverts is introduction and existence of phones and social media whereby you can avoid eye contacts and still be able to express yourself boldly without fear or intimidation
; if you cant still employ these means, they there is more to your problem than introversion, maybe you need to see a psychologist.

Nobody will be able to help you if you don't start the process now by yourself.

#My50CentsAdviceThough#
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2017
I trully wonder why this thread was opened in the first place, bearing in mind that introverts would not be having this discussion if this were reality. Don't get me wrong, I'm an introvert too but there's a fling to it. Are you an introvert because you are shy infront of strangers or you basically believe in using a very limited amount of words? I need answers from responsible introverts. Being quiet also is not also a yardstick for maturity. Most people seldom talk out of sheer ignorance and pepetual disabilty to wow people with their speech. Also, I talk less because that gives me the time to think more. My mind travels a lot and that is why i churn ideas way faster than the outspoken ones. Most people just sit quietly without thinking. Also, by experience, ladies want to be around and talk to me. Perhaps,they find me indecipherable. I smile a lot and amuse myself a lot. It isn't a sign of insanity. My mind is my greatest comedy stage. I hope to make good friends here. HELLO

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AcquireCofOLand(m): 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
Land Promo Opportunity &christmas Gift: Affordable Land At Villa Garden Magboro

DEPOSIT #100K AND GET TURKEY, BAG OF RICE AND COOKING OIL

buy 1plot from villa garden city
Behind MFM prayer City Magboro

Price: #650 per plot
Title: Registered survey
Size: 600sqm
Instant Allocation/Buy and Build

FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN UP TO 6 MONTHS

3 Months plan: #230k × 3 months = #690k
6 months plan: #120k × 6 months = #720K

Deposit #100K and spread the balance for 3 to 6 months

Contact me on
08034113771 (or WhatsApp +2348027390046)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YklgX6yrWIc
Let's discuss your options

investment made easy.....

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sayoberry(f): 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
Mcy56:

Seems you are not working on yourself and you are actually complacent on hurting yourself and others around you baby girl.

One of the good things that happened to introverts is introduction and existence of phones and social media whereby you can avoid eye contacts and still be able to express yourself boldly without fear or intimidation
; if you cant still employ these means, they there is more to your problem than introversion, maybe you need to see a psychologist.

Nobody will be able to help you if you don't start the process now by yourself.

#My50CentsAdviceThough#

A friend once told me this you are telling me. My dad was a psychiatrist. He never noticed because I would cover up till I could cover up all coverable. I just prefer typing to actually talking. Unless its something to really talk about, I don't enjoy hellos and hi. Just hit the nail. But I will try and improve on the phone call thing just in case I win a lottery. I missed 8 today smiley Ill call back around 10:30pm when everyone is tired. (That's how one money will land and someone will not pick call) okbye!

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Khady99(f): 9:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hello Everyone! My case is even something I can't explain. I have no problems with making friends, but keeping them has been challenging. I also have this anxiety over things and I don't know why...presentations for example..and to top it all I have these mood swings and I hurt the few people around me (although I apologize afterwards). I'm fast losing the few wonderful people I have in my life right now. Its like I just wanna lay in bed and do nothing.

I need help.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 12:22am On Nov 16, 2017
plavic:
I trully wonder why this thread was opened in the first place, bearing in mind that introverts would not be having this discussion if this were reality. Don't get me wrong, I'm an introvert too but there's a fling to it. Are you an introvert because you are shy infront of strangers or you basically believe in using a very limited amount of words? I need answers from responsible introverts. Being quiet also is not also a yardstick for maturity. Most people seldom talk out of sheer ignorance and pepetual disabilty to wow people with their speech. Also, I talk less because that gives me the time to think more. My mind travels a lot and that is why i churn ideas way faster than the outspoken ones. Most people just sit quietly without thinking. Also, by experience, ladies want to be around and talk to me. Perhaps,they find me indecipherable. I smile a lot and amuse myself a lot. It isn't a sign of insanity. My mind is my greatest comedy stage. I hope to make good friends here. HELLO

It is true that quietness doesn't equal maturity; and it is also true that some people choose to keep quiet out of their inability to "wow people with their speech," to use your own words.

However, to opine that Introverts, who choose to use few words during physical interactions, would readily choose not to engage with other like-minded people on a faceless forum is quite fallacious. Suffice to say, it is contradictory too, as you have mentioned you are introverted.

One time too many here, the issue of the misconception of taking shyness for introversion has been discussed. So we needn't go over that anymore. Yes, some people don't completely understand introversion and they're only beginning to learn about themselves so as to become self aware. Wouldn't you agree this thread can be a right ground for that? Besides, shy or introverted, dumb or quiet, shouldn't everyone have a platform to unburden or seek advice for that which they wouldn't physically talk to another about? We all deserve that.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 16, 2017
Cc; DonOms Let's shelve all ambiguity and misinterpretation. The most important part of the post was totally ignored. I am enthusiastic about making good friends here.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 16, 2017
Khady99:
Hello Everyone! My case is even something I can't explain. I have no problems with making friends, but keeping them has been challenging. I also have this anxiety over things and I don't know why...presentations for example..and to top it all I have these mood swings and I hurt the few people around me (although I apologize afterwards). I'm fast losing the few wonderful people I have in my life right now. Its like I just wanna lay in bed and do nothing.

I need help.
Indeed you need help. Your emotional guage isn't stable. Like you, I have a few friends but I'm good at keeping them. From your post, I deduce you waste little time in flaring up. This is one problem you must tackle- ANGER MANAGEMENT. When provoked, try to breathe. Refuse to say anything in those moments. It is one of the principles I apply I can teach you others as time goes on. Try to call your friends. Tell them you miss them. You have no idea what this will do. HELLO
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 1:40am On Nov 16, 2017
Khady99:

I need help.

You have explained it well enough. Your anxiety issues can be easily worked on through mind training and facing the fears that cause the anxiety. You'd be shocked to learn that many great orators today once had 'stage fright' and panicked before/during a presentation too. So you should just gradually develop your presentation and public speaking skills by practicing and getting involved.

The mood swings you mentioned seem to me to have Bipolar Personality Disorder (BPD) written all over it. This is because you seem to apologise after you must have hurt them and you say you want to lie in bed all day. So it's not as if you consciously hurt them and since you apologise it can't be NPD. Truth is you can't easily reverse BPD with mind training if you have it, except it's mild and you have a solid grasp of your subconscious. If you can see a psychologist, you can be assessed properly. And if you're diagnosed with BPD, you can be placed on drugs that can help treat it. More importantly, read up on BPD vastly because if you know the cause of something, solution is often nearer.

As for the few wonderful people you have in your life, when you want to hurt them, always remind yourself how wonderful they are. You'll probably still hurt them, but maybe only less.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 1:48am On Nov 16, 2017
plavic:
Cc; DonOms Let's shelve all ambiguity and misinterpretation. The most important part of the post was totally ignored. I am enthusiastic about making good friends here.

Well, I didn't see that as the most important part of the post at the time. And I was only trying to give you answers as you asked for them.

You're welcome to the thread. You'll surely find friends here, I guess - assuming these "introverts" are not the 'unintroverted' shy people who wouldn't ordinarily talk to other people.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 16, 2017
DonOms:

Well, I didn't see that as the most important part of the post at the time. And I was only trying to give you answers as you asked for them.

You're welcome to the thread. You'll surely find friends here, I guess - assuming these "introverts" are not the 'unintroverted' shy people who wouldn't ordinarily talk to other people.
Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Khady99(f): 6:50am On Nov 16, 2017
@plavic I have tried, I have tried! Believe me, I have tried but I just can't help it because saying my mind as at then makes me feel better and then I feel sorry afterwards. Its crazy!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Khady99(f): 7:07am On Nov 16, 2017
@donoms
I appreciate your reply, thanks. I've once come across an article on people that are bi-polar and I feared I could be suffering from it so I didn't make any findings but with this, I'll sure look into it cos I need a solution. I'm grateful to God I'm not violent when in that state. I only hurt with words and actions.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 16, 2017
Khady99:
@plavic I have tried, I have tried! Believe me, I have tried but I just can't help it because saying my mind as at then makes me feel better and then I feel sorry afterwards. Its crazy!
I do understand. We're saying the same thing. Let me put it this way. Emotions like anger for example, is like a little flame that is kindled. When you allow it burn without constraints, it can grow into a wild fire. WILDFIRES are extremely difficult to control. PEOPLE, even FAMILY and FRIENDS will offend you. How you react determines the outcome. In anger, you say what you don't mean. These words hurt like a dagger to the heart. The way to recovery is the truth. You know, we lie to ourselves that we aren't hurt when indeed we are. Before the flame grows into a wide fire, tackle and quench it. Tell them, what wrong they did. They might apologize or not but the flame has been snuffed out. When you are angry, practice silence. Then whenever you regain your composure, confront them.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mcy56(f): 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2017
sayoberry:

A friend once told me this you are telling me. My dad was a psychiatrist. He never noticed because I would cover up till I could cover up all coverable. I just prefer typing to actually talking. Unless its something to really talk about, I don't enjoy hellos and hi. Just hit the nail. But I will try and improve on the phone call thing just in case I win a lottery. I missed 8 today smiley Ill call back around 10:30pm when everyone is tired. (That's how one money will land and someone will not pick call) okbye!

You've got to step out of that your comfort zone I tell you. It might not be easy but if you can make a commitment/determination to change, you'll be able to forge ahead and you'll see the benefits of that.

I'm like you too but just making efforts to change. I do most of typing too. I can best express myself typing and chatting than speaking with people, Im getting better now, let me tell you that lonely life isn't it all.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2017
Making efforts to change what you are, it reeks of fakeness. I think that's simulation and one day, you're going to wake up with a stinging realization that you can't run away from who or what you truly are. It's your identity.

My opinion though.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 6:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
GloryIsaac:

It explains the reason behind intros not getting enough sleep at night which in turn affects our input during the day. It argues that this is so because of the 'nightmares' intros face every night. Pertaining to me, i spend almost an extra 30 to 45mins awake before i actually sleep even after going to bed earlier (without a device), this is not done deliberately though, it's simply because i spend that time thinking about everything that relates to me (past, present and future) and sometimes tech stuff. It could be annoying though because there are times you can't just stop thinking and chances are quite high that you'll end up dreaming about it.
I thought only me experience this, cos people around me don't seem to comprehend why I stay awake at night for no apparent reason. I sometimes have to watch movies and let myself drift into dreamland cos if I decide to stay on my own even with the lights turned off and my device away from me in the silent night, I can remain away during the next 1hr, doing nothing. I sometimes review my activities in the day. I didn't read up the article you quoted, but I wil search for it now o the thread and read it up. By the way, long time no see, how do you do?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Windflower(f): 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
GloryIsaac:

It explains the reason behind intros not getting enough sleep at night which in turn affects our input during the day. It argues that this is so because of the 'nightmares' intros face every night. Pertaining to me, i spend almost an extra 30 to 45mins awake before i actually sleep even after going to bed earlier (without a device), this is not done deliberately though, it's simply because i spend that time thinking about everything that relates to me (past, present and future) and sometimes tech stuff. It could be annoying though because there are times you can't just stop thinking and chances are quite high that you'll end up dreaming about it.
Not only you,I don't sleep immediately I close my eyes,my mind drifts off. I tend to think clearly about the days activity, and how I would spend my day the next day,from how I will interact with people,what I will say to them. My sleeping pattern this days is really bad,I sleep around 12-1am and I don't even sleep very soundly cos its like am conscious of the fact that am sleeping.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2017
GlorianaCO:
Help me out guys am gradually losing my friends, they always complain that I dnt call or chat them up on whatsapp and they end up tagging me a proud girl, I dnt really know what to do because I don't just knw how to start or maintain a conversation, I prefer returning a missed call in order to start a conversation with ' hey I missed your call' I started making friends recently because I was advised to loosen up a bit but it's not working out. Am shy to the core to the point that I don't maintain eye contact with friends, I don't have much friends and I dnt want to keep losing the few I have. ....at work I just talk to few persons in the office and that's it for the day. I used to love and enjoy being alone but I don't anymore..Please no insult I need your advice. Thanks
I am an introvert too, a deep one (if you must know), but my issues seems to be the very opposite of yours.... I find it had to let go of friends. We might not really get talking when we see but trust me when we are away, I connect emotionally via social media, esp Instant messaging apps. It has its pros and cons though (cos it is kind of hard cutting off some people that ought to have been cut off long ago).
Let me give you a few tip that works for me.
1. Try to initiate a conversation wit random people you meet during the course of the day. You will be amazed at how a little compliment can make a strangers day. I love to compliment guys when I see them in good suits, and they return the compliment wit a big smile on their face. It in turns makes me happy throughout the day, knowing I made someone happy
. Do not forget to understand that some people could also react in a way you might find offensive, others might know not how to react to you compliment, but don't get discouraged. It is safer to pass a compliment without expecting the other party to respond.
2. Some friendship just Kickstart accidentally. You might be soliloquizing in public and a stranger eavesdrops and booooom, you just discover you get talking. In this case, flow with the dialogue, don't try to withdraw
3. When talking to a strange that is the opposite sex keep one that is very much appealing to you), don't keep on the conversation / friendship wit a hop of it leading to a relationship.... Just keep an open mind.
4. When you finally have a friend you chat with on say whatsapp, ensure u are always bringing a meaningful input into the conversation, and try be the one to respond last. That way, you see the person also reciprocates and before you know it, the dialogue will never end.
5. One last thing..... If you try to start a conversation and the person isn't getting the vibe, it is beat to let the person be cos you might end up looking 'like' a fool, and it will shatter your morale. This then can be transfered by you to another person unknowingly. So if it isn't working out, just let it be.
If there is nothing to say to someone you last communicated with, you can call the person to say hello, or just send a text message and let the person know you just ant to say hello... You will be shocked at how happy the person will be. It could be at that very time the person is passing through a challenge and your "hello" made the person's day. I have issues keeping things short, pls bare with my 'epistle'
I hope I was able to help?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Oloruntobi4382(m): 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2017
Gods keep silent, men murmurs,
Introverts are gods, it's not an error.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2017
Khady99:
@donoms
I appreciate your reply, thanks. I've once come across an article on people that are bi-polar and I feared I could be suffering from it so I didn't make any findings but with this, I'll sure look into it cos I need a solution. I'm grateful to God I'm not violent when in that state. I only hurt with words and actions.

Thanks a lot.

You're welcome.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by khalids: 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2017
plavic:

Ma Nigga.... cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.