Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:23 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (630356 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 11:36pm On Feb 05, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Lol. This picture got me laughing. Don't tell me it means what I think it means.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 11:47pm On Feb 05, 2018
emperordachris:

tanks bro...there was this one dat snubbed me. But anyway...it doesnt really matter

Yeah... It doesn't matter. Ladies do that for many reasons and it sometimes doesn't even have anything to do with the guy. She may be in a hurry, she may have loads on her mind or she may just not be in a good mood for small talk generally. Also, because of how much guys have abused the idea of walking up to a lady and saying all sorts like, "I saw you from afar and I just like what I see," - when she isn't some shirt on window display - some ladies tend to ignore random guys who just walk up to them.

The whole idea is, be careful how you walk up to a stranger and start talking randomly. If you do the approach bit right, those you meet won't ignore you. Your goal is to make friends and increase your confidence, not appear like a nuisance.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 06, 2018
DonOms:

Lol. This picture got me laughing. Don't tell me it means what I think it means.

I am a man of few words cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 0luwatope(m): 11:47pm On Feb 06, 2018
Someone got me angry today, a guy I barely know in my street called me a proud boy, he is definitely older than me, he said it to my face I'm too proud....

Since 8pm, I've been angry, I get angry for hours, whenever I'm angry, all I would do is listen to music, press phone, meditate, stay alone, and all these would last for hours

As I am typing this, its 11:40pm already and I still feel angry and sad

Why did he called me a proud boy?? Simple, my mum always wants me to drive her everytime or send me errands where I would have to use her car so whenever I drive by their shop, lots of guys always hail me, shouting for no reason so I decided not to look at them again whenever I'm driving, I only greet them whenever I'm walking, this is what made him call me a proud boy today, chai, this street don tire me. That's the more reason why I prefer estates, everybody minding his own business, just like me

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 6:35am On Feb 07, 2018
0luwatope:
Someone got me angry today, a guy I barely know in my street called me a proud boy, he is definitely older than me, he said it to my face I'm too proud....

Since 8pm, I've been angry, I get angry for hours, whenever I'm angry, all I would do is listen to music, press phone, meditate, stay alone, and all these would last for hours

Why did he called me a proud boy?? Simple, my mum always wants me to drive her everytime or send me errands where I would have to use her car so whenever I drive by their shop, lots of guys always hail me, shouting for no reason so I decided not to look at them again whenever I'm driving, I only greet them whenever I'm walking, this is what made him call me a proud boy today, chai, this street don tire me. That's the more reason why I prefer estates, everybody minding his own business, just like me

You really shouldn't be angry at all. 'Why? 'You may ask. Since you know the exact reason the fellow called you a proud guy and you also know his claim isn't true.
You see, rationality rarely precede emotions and that's the reason many of us waste emotions on unnecessary things. Always take a minute to think about why you're expressing every single emotion and you'd often see there is absolutely no need for some emotions especially negative ones like anger.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by jacy67(f): 11:29am On Feb 09, 2018
Happy new year my fellow introverts. I am more comfortable chatting online, dropping witty comments to strangers but I can't hold up a conversation for long. Unless we've been friends for long, or I am comfortable with you. Sometimes I wish I can do more. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by jacy67(f): 11:39am On Feb 09, 2018
0luwatope:

One of the ways I overcame this type of anger is giving it back to the person immediately. You might call it retaliation but it takes loads of anger off my chest.
One day, I went to a restaurant to eat. The way the eba was served wasn't appealing, it looked like a leftover. I called the waiter's attention. One customer just chook mouth as if he paid for me and told me to manage the food like that. I told him immediately that I didn't beg for the food. Immediately he faced his own food, the owner of the restaurant took the eba and apologized, I got what I wanted and everyone was happy. Shikena

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by olumbest(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2018
jacy67:
Happy new year my fellow introverts. I am more comfortable chatting online, dropping witty comments to strangers but I can't hold up a conversation for long. Unless we've been friends for long, or I am comfortable with you. Sometimes I wish I can do more. sad

This sounds more like me, finding trouble online but unable to say, even, 'hello' to the girl sitting beside me.

Chai! No wonder I can't even get a girl friend cry

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 0luwatope(m): 12:04pm On Feb 09, 2018
jacy67:

One of the ways I overcame this type of anger is giving it back to the person immediately. You might call it retaliation but it takes loads of anger off my chest.
One day, I went to a restaurant to eat. The way the eba was served wasn't appealing, it looked like a leftover. I called the waiter's attention. One customer just chook mouth as if he paid for me and told me to manage the food like that. I told him immediately that I didn't beg for the food. Immediately he faced his own food, the owner of the restaurant took the eba and apologized, I got what I wanted and everyone was happy. Shikena
Impressive, when sudden things like this happen to me, I don't usually get quick replies in my head

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ezigboune: 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
My people my people... Greetings cool

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by solutionarena: 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
Eadesms shows love to both new and existing customers this Valentine week

Send goodwill messages to friends and loved ones this Valentine season for as low as N1.35kobo instead of N1.70kobo. signing up is free on www.eadesms.com

It ends on 14th February 2017.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 3:07am On Feb 11, 2018
As you wake up this day, don't forget to appreciate the owner of the life you live, give Him all the glory due to Him and never relent in putting a smile on some ones face.A' good morning, how was your night 'would do . You never can say what that will do to a drowning soul. Good morning and have a terrific day

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:40am On Feb 11, 2018
gidjah:
As you wake up this day, don't forget to appreciate the owner of the life you live, give Him all the glory due to Him and never relent in putting a smile on some ones face.A' good morning, how was your night 'would do . You never can say what that will do to a drowning soul. Good morning and have a terrific day

Good Morning, how was your night, Sir? wink

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Good Morning, how was your night, Sir? wink
I am well doing, thanks a lot honorable Glory.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by timmykaydude: 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
jacy67:
this describe me! alot of ladies are interested in me but i cant hold conversation for long except i am comfortable with u and wen i am,you will like it,but before that most get bored of me.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ogaonos: 12:59am On Feb 14, 2018
Hey peeps jux enta dis thread.i wan ask dis questn.hw do u hav a gud online chat wit an introvert gal.hav notice dt many ladies ar introvert or alittle bit reserve.i need urgent advice.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by adamsbadoo(m): 1:32am On Feb 14, 2018
my life as an introvert has been hell
ofcourse it has been affecting me socially and academically, can't even ask or answer questions in class embarassed.am always afraid when lecturers ask questions in class, even though i knw the answer. i won't want them to point at me.
initiating and keeping conversation flowing is a very difficult task to do.
i can't even approach a girl i like, anytime i see a girl am into, my chest vibrate as if quarry is in my chest cry.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
GloryIsaac:

Take a bold step to that podium with the mentality that you're about to talk to people who are privileged to have you as their leader. Look above the heads with occasional glances at one or two faces as if you were speaking directly to them only. When you take those occasional glances, do it with authority, not minding what the person thinks. Also, pause from time to time, in order to pick your words carefully. End it with words that offer hope and belief to your followers. Then take that bold step down the podium amidst a standing ovation.

It gives mixed feelings looking back at this post smiley, had to elaborate on something today, felt jittery initially but it all left the moment i took the mic shocked (kind of remembered Susan Cain's TED presentation), after everything i was quite surprised and happy at the same time that i actually talked just exactly as the advice i gave in the quoted post cheesy grin grin (not like i haven't done it before but it's not something that happens always). That initial jittery feeling just reminded me that some things might never leave a person, pretend so much it becomes part of you (the boldness etc.) but that initial instinct will always be there, it just has to be suppressed at the right time. wink

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Windflower(f): 10:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
[quote author=GloryIsaac post=650703 [/quote]
Exactly what I was thinking today,as much as I pretend the shyness is gone,its still there.we did exchange of gift today and there was little refreshment,chai I could not even dance neither was I free. I just felt like I didn't belong. Though,other factors were in play but the shyness contributed a lot to it
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by adamsbadoo(m): 12:26am On Feb 15, 2018
sadi saw a very cute girl passing my street today..
my friend even pushed me to go and meet her, he called her and she waited.
and he tld me to go and meet her.
,buh i wasn't bold enough to approach her

i felt embarrassed cry cry
which kind life be this??

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 1:56pm On Feb 15, 2018
adamsbadoo:
sadi saw a very cute girl passing my street today..
my friend even pushed me to go and meet her, he called her and she waited.
and he tld me to go and meet her.
,buh i wasn't bold enough to approach her

i felt embarrassed cry cry
which kind life be this??
What do you think when you see a "cute" girl? If every girl is your choice for a relationship, then you should check yourself but if you have a knowledge of what you want from a girl, then I think you will likely get over this anxiety. Free yourself from all sort of pressure by knowing the girl you should go for and not what society or environment may inspire in you.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 15, 2018
Windflower:
Exactly what I was thinking today,as much as I pretend the shyness is gone,its still there.we did exchange of gift today and there was little refreshment,chai I could not even dance neither was I free. I just felt like I didn't belong. Though,other factors were in play but the shyness contributed a lot to it

Haha, shyness is a very common trait among Introverts (though not 'exclusive to') and it can be suppressed. Though, that depends on the case at that particular time, like yours, if you can't dance, then don't bother trying in that kind of place! cheesy, perhaps you can go for dance classes and start showcasing your moves in small gatherings (family party etc.) before moving unto the big stage. On the other hand, if you can actually dance, there's nothing wrong in showing off for some minutes! cheesy.... As for me, i prefer sitting at one corner smiley watching others gyrate, mainly because Yours truly doesn't have much moves up his sleeve grin grin. What were the other factors? wink

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 9:49pm On Feb 15, 2018
Happy val in arrears my fellow introverts

How do you guys celebrate the val's day?

Mine was from exam hall to my hostel, no outing. It was just a normal day to me

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by adamsbadoo(m): 12:22am On Feb 16, 2018
Akposb:

What do you think when you see a "cute" girl? If every girl is your choice for a relationship, then you should check yourself but if you have a knowledge of what you want from a girl, then I think you will likely get over this anxiety. Free yourself from all sort of pressure by knowing the girl you should go for and not what society or environment may inspire in you.

thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
Anyone willing to attempt this? wink

https://introvertdear.com/write-for-us/
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
Came across this on IntrovertDear.

10 Subtle Signs an Introvert Is Interested in Dating You

1. We open up to you.
Generally speaking, introverts are looking for more than just a simple give-and-take relationship. We’re looking for a soul connection, a meeting of the minds. So, when we like you, we share our inner world of thoughts, feelings, and daydreams with you. We tell you about that one time in college we swore we’d take to the grave. We tell you that we’ve always felt like an alien dropped onto this planet from another world, and do you feel that way too? These are things we don’t blab to just anyone. We’re telling you because we think you’re special — and we want to peek into your inner world, too.

2. We know just a liiiiitle more about you than we reasonably should. wink
That’s because we’ve been internet stalking researching you. It probably began the day we met you. We needed photos, whereabouts, interests, and that oh-so-important relationship status. We’ve googled your name, found you on Instagram, and checked for mutual friends on Facebook.

We’re paying attention in other ways, too. We might drop your name casually into a conversation with mutual acquaintances and see what information they offer up. We might make a mental note that every Monday you eat lunch in the break room — and surprise, we’re brown-bagging it today, too! For the introvert, information is power.

3. We’re often one of the first people to comment on or “like” your social media posts.
This is the collateral damage of all that incessant internet stalking research. (I don't do this though undecided)

4. We watch you out of the corner of our eye.
Not in a creepy way. We’re admiring you (and checking you out). Introverts are natural observers. If you catch us looking at you more than once, we might be into you.

5. We laugh nervously around you.
Or blush. Or stutter. Or get hopelessly tongue-tied. Generally, we appear nervous and/or hyper-alert in your presence. That’s because talking to you probably pushes us waaaay outside our introvert comfort zone.

6. We write you a love letter.
Okay, more likely, it’s just a well-worded text. But those Hey, how are you? or How’s your day going? messages are pretty much love letters in our minds. Generally, introverts feel more comfortable expressing themselves in writing than in conversation. That’s because we can struggle with word retrieval. Writing our thoughts allows us to thoroughly reflect on what we want to communicate before we push send. (Hmm, NO undecided)

7. We actually answer your calls — or call you.
It’s no secret that introverts absolutely loathe talking on the phone. It’s not much of an exaggeration to say that we let all calls go to voicemail unless we think someone’s in the hospital or the pizza delivery guy is here. If we pick up when you call — or spend hours talking to you on the phone (or Skype) — we’re probably head-over-heels for you.

8. We invite you to our favorite hangouts.
Going back to #1, we don’t share our private introvert world with just anyone. We probably have some places that are practically sacred to us, like our favorite hiking trail, a coffee shop where we go to write, or a bookstore that makes us feel like everything is right in the world. When we take you to these places, we’re trying to share a little piece of what makes us, well, us.

9. We share our writing, art, or favorite bands and movies with you.
Often, for introverts, our art, music, and movies help define us. Because we can struggle to communicate what is so deeply felt inside us, we turn to creative expression to get the thoughts out. Similar to #8, we don’t share these pieces of ourselves with just anyone. When we show them to you, know that you are special to us.

10. We step outside our comfort zone for you.
We may push ourselves to do things we normally wouldn’t do — like going to a party or getting lost in a sea of concert-goers at a music festival — if we know you’ll be there. We may stay up late texting you, even though we know we’ll suffer at work or school tomorrow. For you, we’d willingly give ourselves an introvert hangover — and the exhaustion is well worth it.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 10:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
GloryIsaac:
Anyone willing to attempt this? wink
https://introvertdear.com/write-for-us/
Bro, how are you? I just checked it out, it is quite interesting. Do you write?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Iyemik: 11:17pm On Feb 16, 2018
Aside INTJ's, is death stare associated with other personality types?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
Akposb:

Bro, how are you? I just checked it out, it is quite interesting. Do you write?

Good Bro. As for the writing aspect, not as a professional job yet, might consider the column though.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
Iyemik:
Aside INTJ's, is death stare associated with other personality types?

ISTJ definitely. There's a lot of similarities between both personality types, I've done a couple of personality tests and one came out as INTJ, another one, ISTJ, with very thin lines separating them (51% and 49%, other one 48% and 52%). There are times someone might ask me a question, at the slightest turn to look at the person, he/she moves back in shock cheesy grin grin, can be very funny watching their reactions grin.

By the way, it might also be a general introvert thing (INTJs, INTPs etc.) but it's very common among INTJs.

Modified

Took this just now, 12:20am.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Iyemik: 10:06pm On Feb 17, 2018
GloryIsaac:

ISTJ definitely. There's a lot of similarities between both personality types, I've done a couple of personality tests and one came out as INTJ, another one, ISTJ, with very thin lines separating them (51% and 49%, other one 48% and 52%). There are times someone might ask me a question, at the slightest turn to look at the person, he/she moves back in shock cheesy grin grin, can be very funny watching their reactions grin.

By the way, it might also be a general introvert thing (INTJs, INTPs etc.) but it's very common among INTJs.

Modified

Took this just now, 12:20am.

"Why are you so serious?"

I have heard the above question from concerned or intimidated individuals. When asked the above question, I simply flash a smile then after return to default mood. It seems death stare is mostly found in INTJ's than other personality types.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 18, 2018
Iyemik:

"Why are you so serious?"

I have heard the above question from concerned or intimidated individuals. When asked the above question, I simply flash a smile then after return to default mood. It seems death stare is mostly found in INTJ's than other personality types.

Well, i actually love the death stare because it automatically puts people in their place without one having to say much smiley. Even when you have nothing in mind against them, those who might have done some funny things behind your back will most likely give it away through their reactions when faced with such stare. I love it. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.