Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (635848 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
Olarewajub:
Trying to relate with people, join a group, practice the act of public speaking et al.

Okay
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mzsunshine(f): 9:11am On Apr 09, 2015
I'm like a chronic introvert get really shy and uncomfortable wen around new people but I adjust with time I prefer staying indoors in my own private space n recently found out my boyfriend termed me as "boring" that I liked be on my own n I was so comfortable with it, very funny.. I have no social life I honestly don't knw why.. People think I'm a snub or too proud but they just don't knw how much I try to be "normal"

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by fflamingo(m): 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mzsunshine:
I'm like a chronic introvert get really shy and uncomfortable wen around new people but I adjust with time I prefer staying indoors in my own private space n recently found out my boyfriend termed me as "boring" that I liked be on my own n I was so comfortable with it, very funny.. I have no social life I honestly don't knw why.. People think I'm a snub or too proud but they just don't knw how much I try to be "normal"
you just described me in toto. You must be a September-october born.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mzsunshine(f): 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
fflamingo:
you just described me in toto. You must be a September-october born.

Lol, nope April
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by fflamingo(m): 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mzsunshine:

Lol, nope April
I asked because most chronic introvert are libra
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
fflamingo:
Ha ha, who formulated that theory en?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mzsunshine:
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mzsunshine:
Can you speak fluently in a public gathering?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mzsunshine(f): 10:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
Olarewajub:
Can you speak fluently in a public gathering?

I can't.. I just get really nervous and extremely shy then i start to stammer after.. It gets really embarrassing and annoying

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mzsunshine(f): 10:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
fflamingo:

Oh! Okay
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 10, 2015
Mzsunshine:

I can't.. I just get really nervous and extremely shy then i start to stammer after.. It gets really embarrassing and annoying

If forced on me I do speak a little..but to do it of my own wish.
Impossible for now
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 2:28am On Apr 10, 2015
Mzsunshine:

This one of the reason why this thread was created. Are you a christain, if yes, will you be willing to join a group at your church?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 2:32am On Apr 10, 2015
Optimall:

Impossible for now
We all should try to make it possible. There is always an important day in ones live where you will have to address a group people, and believe me, you ain't wanna fumble that day. Being an introvert is a good thing, but being shy is something we have to work on.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by meimoks(f): 4:53am On Apr 10, 2015
Mzsunshine:

You just described me except for the boring part
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mzsunshine(f): 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
meimoks:

You just described me except for the boring part

That's good no one needs to be boring.. I don't think I am too

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mzsunshine(f): 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
Olarewajub:
This one of the reason why this thread was created. Are you a christain, if yes, will you be willing to join a group at your church?

Yeah, I will try
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mzsunshine(f): 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
Optimall:

Impossible for now

Yeah, same here maybe when it involves a school project or smth unless that.. Buh it's not smth I will choose if I had a choice
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by aventura: 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
Introvertism, the act of keeping to yourself.

Some may classify it as been proud or narcissistic but truth is most introverts wish they were the opposite. Along time, the situation actually improves or worsen depending on how you see it. I think the best way of 'improving' i.e if you want to, is going to a new place where no knows you and Trying to act as an extrovert. I.e being the opposite of you. let's say you went to a new school, town or something like a camp and acting like one friendly and open person.

The new location should help because I feel the problem most times is that introverts find it difficult to compromise on their behavioural pattern not because they can't but because of people's reaction towards the 'weird' change: You know, that 'all eyes on you moment'.

On a flip side, there are times when it actually rocks to be an introvert. That time when you want to switch of from this annoying world so you can read a book, surf the internet or sink in those thought of yours something you could trade ten universes for.

Never ever feel being an introvert is a bad thing rather see it as the other thing. You mustn't be like them.

Introverts rock.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by aventura: 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
Mzsunshine:

Yeah, I will try
Why of the group does interest you?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 11, 2015
Please help me o, my introversion is destroying my friendship with friends. They think I intentionally isolate myself from them. One told me that I love to be alone which is true, bf said am boring.
I dnt easily get angry too and I dnt want people to take me for granted cos of that.
As an introvert how do you manage your friendship with friends and lovers
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Thermythorpe(f): 6:23am On Apr 11, 2015
Being an introvert all my life. It's cool tho but pple misconstruing one as proud,bossy irks me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
classicB:
Please help me o, my introversion is destroying my friendship with friends. They think I intentionally isolate myself from them. One told me that I love to be alone which is true, bf said am boring.
I dnt easily get angry too and I dnt want people to take me for granted cos of that.
Some should be kind enough to answer this question. Introverts where art thou?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by fflamingo(m): 12:16am On Apr 13, 2015
classicB:
Yeah, I had same situation, even till now except the boring aspect. I think if they are to place 10 people on ground; 8 will say am the most boring-est and foolish person in this world, 2 will say am funny, jovial and I take life too easy. Now this is it, those 2 were the people I practically spent most of my days with. And those 8 said am foolish because they expect me to take the bull by its horn in every single decision. So to manage friendship, the best situation is to bone their words. I swear their parent secretly wish they should just be easy-going like you.
As for your BF, if he doesn't understand you within six month, am scared he may not really know where your comfort lies. And he would take you for granted. for instance there was a silly time when I don't know how to woõ a butterfly, so I think she take advantages of my always jovial-simple mood that I don't get angry so she start misbehaving, no control and her basic sense flew to the window. She took me for granted; pushed me to the wall. I did the needful which she never expected. Delete her.
To cut the story short most people that said am the most foolish person, later said am a green snake under the green grass.
in summary manage to treat everybody like a friend and be quick to draw the line, always let people to take up that space you really love but never trade it for your happiness.

Oh I hate long speeches but thank God they've left.
I typed this shít stùpidly during awkward situation so this post might be stupìd

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 13, 2015
fflamingo:
Yeah, I had same situation, even till now except the boring aspect. I think if they are to place 10 people on ground; 8 will say am the most boring-est and foolish person in this world, 2 will say am funny, jovial and I take life too easy. Now this is it, those 2 were the people I practically spent most of my days with. And those 8 said am foolish because they expect me to take the bull by its horn in every single decision. So to manage friendship, the best situation is to bone their words. I swear their parent secretly wish they should just be easy-going like you.
As for your BF, if he doesn't understand you within six month, am scared he may not really know where your comfort lies. And he would take you for granted. for instance there was a silly time when I don't know how to woõ a butterfly, so I think she take advantages of my always jovial-simple mood that I don't get angry so she start misbehaving, no control and her basic sense flew to the window. She took me for granted; pushed me to the wall. I did the needful which she never expected. Delete her.
To cut the story short most people that said am the most foolish person, later said am a green snake under the green grass.
in summary manage to treat everybody like a friend and be quick to draw the line, always let people to take up that space you really love but never trade it for your happiness.

I typed this shít stùpidly during awkward situation so this post might be stupìd
We havebeen together for 3years now, he isn't complaining tho
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 13, 2015
fflamingo:

We havebeen together for 3years now, he isn't complaining tho, ijust wanna improve myself
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by aventura: 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
fflamingo:

You typed it in da toilet. True or False?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pepeyoyo: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
honestly its not easy being an introvert the ppl around u who are impatient conclude you are a snub. for instance i noticed that each time i make conscious effort to initiate conversations i talk too much and almost get myself in trouble. but unfortunately i get bored and need company a times.
question: is it normal to crave company sometimes and want your space mostly?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
aventura:

Funny question and observation.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
pepeyoyo:
honestly its not easy being an introvert the ppl around u who are impatient conclude you are a snub. for instance i noticed that each time i make conscious effort to initiate conversations i talk too much and almost get myself in trouble. but unfortunately i get bored and need company a times.
question: is it normal to crave company sometimes and want your space mostly?
People will be like; so you can talk like this...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
Are you an introvert? @ Gloriaz
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by fflamingo(m): 9:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
aventura:

False, but You are not far from the true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.