Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636077 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:40am On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:
So i just took this personality test and it came out as ISTJ.....
Good, right

Of course very good
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Cutehector(m): 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
Akposy:
Good to be here. Am a Scorpio and an introvert.... what a match!
lwkmd. I'm Scorpio too buh naad an introvert grin

Akpos sup, it's ur boy hector, just as u voted in d last mr nairaland competition, I wish to solicit for your votes for the contestant i'm rooting for, his name is falconey.

I'll be grateful for a positive reply from on dis.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Onyiiet(m): 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
Errm, Firstly, i'm not an introvert (sorry i came in) curiosity got the best of me. Secondly, I'm not an extrovert either(love my me-time too much). However, i believe that both personality types wield a power that goes beyond imagination but at the same time run the risk of affecting the people involved if found in excess. Personality tests could do you some good but no amount of personality tests and results would do you as good as knowing that your personality down the line could interfere with your ability to live a balanced life.
Case 1: An intoverted Man gets married, has lovely children n beautiful family but lives in his equally beautiful mind just too much. After a while, it affects communication with people around him, Business associates see him as too coded for comfort and his church members see him as weird quiet.
Case 2: Extroverted Dude gets married, has lovely children n beautiful family but is the life of the party. Function after function he "turns-up" like Chuck Norris but after a while, Wife in her mind gets the feeling dude lives for the people and has lost a part of himself in the crowd, He attracts other extroverted fellows as friends who most in generally live the life. Unfortunately, real business opportunities (i mean the really big life changing ones)have a way of eluding overtly extroverted peeps either because the ones bringing the business don't trust them fully by virtue of their associations or doubt their ability to keep manly secrets (unfortunately, most extroverts are loose-lipped because making great discussion is all part of being an awesome extroverted fella making them not know when to actually stop).
Well guys, balance is the key. Do not strive to be an introvert or extrovert. just be a "Vert" like me. grin . Well, some of my arguements might be littered with little exagerations but i think ya'll get my point pals.. any questions, drop me an email on t.etukokwu@hotmail.com.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Onyiiet(m): 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
Errm, Firstly, i'm not an introvert (sorry i came in) curiosity got the best of me. Secondly, I'm not an extrovert either(love my me-time too much). However, i believe that both personality types wield a power that goes beyond imagination but at the same time run the risk of affecting the people involved if found in excess. Personality tests could do you some good but no amount of personality tests and results would do you as good as knowing that your personality down the line could interfere with your ability to live a balanced life.
Case 1: An intoverted Man gets married, has lovely children n beautiful family but lives in his equally beautiful mind just too much. After a while, it affects communication with people around him, Business associates see him as too coded for comfort and his church members see him as weird quiet.
Case 2: Extroverted Dude gets married, has lovely children n beautiful family but is the life of the party. Function after function he "turns-up" like Chuck Norris but after a while, Wife in her mind gets the feeling dude lives for the people and has lost a part of himself in the crowd, He attracts other extroverted fellows as friends who most in generally live the life. Unfortunately, real business opportunities (i mean the really big life changing ones)have a way of eluding overtly extroverted peeps either because the ones bringing the business don't trust them fully by virtue of their associations or doubt their ability to keep manly secrets (unfortunately, most extroverts are loose-lipped because making great discussion is all part of being an awesome extroverted fella making them not know when to actually stop).
Well guys, balance is the key. Do not strive to be an intro-vert or extro-vert. just be a "VERT" like me. grin . Well, some of my arguements might be littered with little exagerations but i think ya'll get my point pals.. any questions, drop me an email on t.etukokwu@hotmail.com.(instagram|@swampmerchant).

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
I must admit that i never knew this kind of thread exist o NL, me getting here was in fact by fluke; i intended to click the business section before i luckily find my self in the family section; thankfully this introvert topic was at the top.
OP i think this thread was in the wrong section, it should have been in the lifestyle IMO.
Well. kudus to the OP for starting the thread.
What hav'nt been said about the introvert?, Having gone through page one with several pages; i realise we all share the same traits as introvert, to add mine is like saying what as already been said.
......................................................................................
In my next post, i will write how i have been coping plus been a hearing impaired along with how depressing life have been.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ojay2053(m): 10:50am On Jul 10, 2016
Wow, I didn't know there's a thread for introverts.
I wanted to click on a thread and found myself here.
I don't know what to classify myself as but think I have some traits of an introvert.

Growing up was fun/crazy cos I had many friends, we were allowed to visit friends in our neighborhood. We played, had inter sport activities with kids from the other street, even fought therein the street.

Yea, sure i'm not good in arithmetic but I'm able to calculate and know what's happening around me. Could you imagine my best and closest pals are the ones I met while growing up from primary to secondary school level. I had few friends in my University days, cos i wasn't even interested in making friends. I only knew my course mates and Lodge mates and they were okay for me . We do go clubbing once in awhile, but usually hang out in a bar for drink (beer).

I strike up conversation with strangers but I don't keep it afloat, except the person has more to contribute in the convo.

Yes, I like staying alone with my thought when I don't have anything doing. Most times I hang out alone after work and retire to my crib.

About stage fright, i'm still battling with it. Though I overcame it while serving (nysc) cos we were then forced to teach.

Moreover, I had girl friends, still have one but not really what I want cos of my inability to go for what I really want. The ones I've met, It's either they are introduced to me or I ran into her by luck.

Ermmm, i'm a very quiet person, I don't talk too much. When having conversation and the person goes off the hook or not hitting the point, i'll gladly be nodding my head like lizard pretending as if i'm following.

I don't know what to classify myself as, but think i'm a little bit of extrovert and more of introvert.

Besides I've formed the habit of not going to church, just to sit and reflect on what to do against the week.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ojay2053(m): 11:12am On Jul 10, 2016
Onyiiet:
Well guys, balance is the key. Do not strive to be an intro-vert or extro-vert. just be a "VERT" like me. grin . Well, some of my arguements might be littered with little exagerations but i think ya'll get my point pals.. any questions, drop me an email on t.etukokwu@hotmail.com.(instagram|@swampmerchant).
hey bruv, been to Kenya? Cos i'll like to get some tips of how to travel to Kenya, thanks.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by taiocol: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
ojay2053:
Wow, I didn't know there's a thread for introverts.
I wanted to click on a thread and found myself here.
I don't know what to classify myself as but think I have some traits of an introvert.

Growing up was fun/crazy cos I had many friends, we were allowed to visit friends in our neighborhood. We played, had inter sport activities with kids from the other street, even fought therein the street. C

Yea, sure i'm not good in arithmetic but I'm able to calculate and know what's happening around me. Could you imagine my best and closest pals are the ones I met while growing up, from primary to secondary school level. I had few friends in my University days, cos i wasn't even interested in making friends. I only knew my course mates and Lodge mates and they were okay for me . We do go clubbing once in awhile, but usually hang out in a bar for drink (beer).

I strike up conversation with strangers but I don't keep it afloat, except the person has more to contribute in the convo.

Yes, I like staying alone with my thought when I don't have anything doing. Most times I hang out alone after work and retire to my crib.

About stage fright, i'm still battling with it. Though I overcame it while serving (nysc) cos we were then forced to teach.

Moreover, I had girl friends, still have one but not really what I want cos of my inability to go for what I really want. The ones I've met, It's either they are introduced to me or I ran into her by luck.

Ermmm, i'm a very quiet person, I don't talk too much. When having conversation and the person goes off the hook or not hitting the point, i'll gladly be nodding my head like lizard pretending as if i'm following.

I don't know what to classify myself as, but think i'm a little bit of extrovert and more of introvert.

Besides I've formed the habit of not going to church, just to sit and reflect on what to do against the week.

it's called omnivert
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Krasid(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
taiocol:
it's called omnivert
Omnivert Is that the same as ambivert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ojay2053(m): 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
taiocol:

it's called omnivert
There's no dictionary that contain the word omnivert. Thanks..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by taiocol: 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
Krasid:
Omnivert Is that the same as ambivert?
yes
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
IntrovertChallenge 1

This week challege will be about maintaining eye contact. As you go about your daily activities, make conscious effort to maintain eye contact with whomever you are going to meet this week. Goodluck and don't forget to share your experience.

Below are helpful links to go about tackling this challange.

The Secrets of Eye Contact, Revealed
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sideways-view/201412/the-secrets-eye-contact-revealed

How to Look People in the Eye
http://www.wikihow.com/Look-People-in-the-Eye

Explaining Eye Contact: An Open Letter To The Extroverts
https://introvertatuni./2014/06/10/explaining-eye-contact-an-open-letter-to-the-extroverts/

Why eye contact is important during conversation?
https://www.evenesis.com/blog/why-eye-contact-is-important-during-conversation/

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
Olarewajub:
IntrovertChallenge 1

This week challege will be about maintaining eye contact. As you go about your daily activities, make conscious effort to maintain eye contact with whomever you are going to meet this week. Goodluck and don't forget to share your experience.

Below are helpful links to go about tackling this challange.

The Secrets of Eye Contact, Revealed
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sideways-view/201412/the-secrets-eye-contact-revealed

How to Look People in the Eye
http://www.wikihow.com/Look-People-in-the-Eye

Explaining Eye Contact: An Open Letter To The Extroverts
https://introvertatuni./2014/06/10/explaining-eye-contact-an-open-letter-to-the-extroverts/

Why eye contact is important during conversation?
https://www.evenesis.com/blog/why-eye-contact-is-important-during-conversation/

You're definitely not gonna believe where i learnt how to make strong eye contact from grin grin ...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
GloryIsaac:

You're definitely not gonna believe where i learnt how to make strong eye contact from grin grin ...

Try me........
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
Olarewajub:

Try me........

From the church!!! cheesy cheesy, I attend a church were prayer sessions can be very hot ( thats b'cos the pastor and the deliverance minister once worked with MFM years back)... Every time they're raising prayer points, it always get to a time when you're expected to hold hands with somebody (at times a stranger) and look at the person right in the eyes to pray for him/her, this is done with 3 different persons during the prayer session cheesy... To be honest, i dont really like the session but i learnt something from it! cheesy

Mehn, it was extremely hard at first but with time i got over it and now i can look anybody in the eye without shivering or chickening out grin grin being taller than the person even makes it easier grin

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mstik(f): 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
I've missed this thread cry

Fellow wallflowers kiss kiss kiss
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by lordalfred(m): 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
Did u misplaced ur waec certificate? Or u don't have and want to? Are u in need of a new nysc certificate or exemption letter? Call accede mix solutions. 08062151319
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
Any INTJs? heard you guys are pretty rare. I'd like to talk to one
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by FuddiesandAce: 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
I would really be glad if I can look into a person's eye

I'm an introvert and it's been that way since childhood,people were always judging she's proud or selective but I got through it.... Now I don't send them again

I love being alone.... That helps me alot I dunno but I think it helps me think ahead and make calculated risks.... I'm the best adviser you can get....lol.... I try to hangout with people and it gets boring cause it's almost as if everyone is waiting for my input.... In my head am like what's this again..... Ran away from my mums talking and am here.... How did I get here...
I think since I started business I got better even when I have to pretend that am comfortable with many people talking at once and not block them out
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 13, 2016
FuddiesandAce:

I'm an introvert and it's been that way since childhood,people were always judging she's proud or selective but I got through it.... Now I don't send them again

I love being alone.... That helps me alot I dunno but I think it helps me think ahead and make calculated risks.... I'm the best adviser you can get....lol.... I try to hangout with people and it gets boring cause it's almost as if everyone is waiting for my input.... In my head am like what's this again..... Ran away from my mums talking and am here.... How did I get here...
I think since I started business I got better even when I have to pretend that am comfortable with many people talking at once and not block them out

The secret is to focus on a spot in the eye and not just wasteful gaze

My neuro anatomy textbook says; Social skills is simply nothing more than the imitation. Think of it this way, all you have to do is imitate. Voila
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by FuddiesandAce: 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
Tenison96:

The secret is to focus on a spot in the eye and not just wasteful gaze

My neuro anatomy textbook says; Social skills is simply nothing more than the imitation. Think of it this way, all you have to do is imitate. Voila

Okay will try that..... Thanks grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
FuddiesandAce:

You saw my post on how i learnt mine, right?
Could be hard at first though...

First, possess the 'I dont care who you are' mentality (dont start fighting everybody oo grin ) ...

Secondly, Look into the persons right eye, gaze for sometime, then the left eye, do same .... also look at the bridge between the persons eyes, just admire the shape grin grin , Find a spot on the persons face and gaze at it ( the person would think you're looking directly at him/her) ... you'll be tempted to look away but persist, remember you dont care who the person is....

Cc Rukkydelta.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by FuddiesandAce: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2016
GloryIsaac:

You saw my post on how i learnt mine, right?
Could be hard at first though...

First, possess the 'I dont care who you are' mentality (dont start fighting everybody oo grin ) ...

Secondly, Look into the persons right eye, gaze for sometime, then the left eye, do same .... also look at the bridge between the persons eyes, just admire the shape grin grin , Find a spot on the persons face and gaze at it ( the person would think you're looking directly at him/her) ... you'll be tempted to look away but persist, remember you dont care who the person is.....
grin....awwww thanks will try that grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Cutehector(m): 10:15am On Jul 14, 2016
mstik:
I've missed this thread cry

Fellow wallflowers kiss kiss kiss
hey
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mstik(f): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2016
Helloo
Cutehector:
hey
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Cutehector(m): 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
mstik:
Helloo
how's ur day
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by justli: 11:38am On Jul 15, 2016
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Amazingg: 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
may01:
Sometimes I can't even tell if I'm an introvert or an extrovert. I like being by myself, and get upset when my roomies come back home.

But sometimes when I'm in the midst of close friends and family, I talk and make jokes.

Lots of people don't trust me anymore me coz we make plans and then on the D-day I'd rather stay home by myself grin

Your last paragraph sums it all! Lol
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 15, 2016
Olarewajub:

Of course very good

Whats yours?...

Hope its not a bad idea to have everyone do theirs and post it here smiley...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposy(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
Cutehector:
lwkmd. I'm Scorpio too buh naad an introvert grin

Akpos sup, it's ur boy hector, just as u voted in d last mr nairaland competition, I wish to solicit for your votes for the contestant i'm rooting for, his name is falconey.

I'll be grateful for a positive reply from on dis.
I will.. when will voting start

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mstik(f): 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
Slow, uneventful.
Gettin ready for bed
NL is sooooo boring these days
Cutehector:
how's ur day
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Boring: 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
mstik:
Slow, uneventful.
Gettin ready for bed
NL is sooooo boring these days

borin is here for u..oya come baq kiss wink grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.