Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,378 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (634940 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HCF(m): 9:39am On Jul 26, 2016
Horlawoomey:
People mistake introverts as dullards when actually reverse is the case, we can always make our opinions known when issues arise, you will be amaze how beautiful that idea of yours is when you set it free from that solitude.
I beg to disagree that introverts are mistaken for dullards. On the contrary, most people are intimidated by introverts. They see introverts as People with great insights who just don't talk but when they do, they can make a mincemeat of your long hours of talk and make u look stupid. In fact, introverts make others feel uncomfortable because of their great analytical skills; Introverts find holes in stories, they easily see the shortcomings of a beautifully articulated policy and they are often perfectionistic....

But despite all this, People wonder why Introverts appear 'abnormal and unhappy ' ... They believe introverts have issues CONSTANTLY bothering them...They believe Introverts are too SERIOUS about life, hence the various efforts to make them loosen up and have some fun...However, all these are JUST another set of myths about the group!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by drippingink3: 7:57am On Jul 27, 2016
bukiii:
lol mine was when we met I was speaking freely with him but couldn't make eye contact with I was so much embarrases when he was looking straight into my eye.I couldn't continue with the convo,the guy just asked me what do you have to say,I was embarrased more couldn't think of anything to say.Iwas just looking like a fool.

Good to know that we the guys aren't the only one. It is comforting.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2016
Aisha800:
I pray I have the strength to face it wen the time come until then I will keep trying to improve myself

Willing to share how you plan to improve on your self?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by drippingink3: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2016
Hey! Finally read all the posts.

When I saw this topic and read through the posts I felt at home and it remind of a verse in the bible that says there is nothing new under the sun.

It is encouraging to know that there are people out there who are facing the same challenges as you and are conquering it.

By the way, how do you know a fellow introvert when you see one?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by drippingink3: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2016
To Olarewajub,

Just wanted to know why should i not look into peoples eyes when eating a banana. Is it for real or you just joking.

Would try the challenge.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bfn1: 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
Peeps, so yesterday, I got an 'unavoidable' memo from the HR manager that I'll be handling a session in one of our monthly meetings next week Monday. As in, I'll stand in front of a sizable audience to conduct them for 15 long minutes! angry
I've been avoiding that for years, but they caught me yesterday. sad

Anyway, rehearsals have begun. cool

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Yteflon(m): 1:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ehn! Ehn... So my pple are here... Me i don't even understand myself... Most times m outdoor and I love to party and av fun but just with only one or two person... If we are 4 in a group I won't even exist again.. Especially if there is a stranger among...
Another issue is females, I can't even stand wit some girls talk less of talking... Tho I av a GF dah understand me maybe because she is d same

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by akins56(m): 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
Aisha800:
I guess u were terrified, am still wondering how I will do my seminal or project defense in final year, I pray I don't faint, I have never addressed a crowed before. and I feel I cant.
my roommate is a chatter box, always talking which drains the energy out of me, sometimes I wonder if she doesn't realize that am tired of talking. we are friends so I can't tell her to shut up cause it will hurt her and I will end up feeling like a bad person.
she is a complete extrovert and sometimes walking with her is frustrating she is either jumping, singing or talking and I keep wondering wts wrong with her.
so far only the only person growth I have achieved is being able to walk on the street alone without having someone I can walk with. when I recently gained admission missed some lectures cause I had No one to walk with. when I walk alone I feel like the attention of the world is on me and I can't stand attention.
my next step in personal growth is going to the market alone. wish myself success
on the contrary, i love walking alone, i hate to walk with a partner or crowd, I'm not always comfortable, but again, i always have this funny feeling when am walking alone, most especially when there are so many people along the road, i feel as if they are all staring at me,,i making me walk uncomfortably, whereas, they may not even have my time!

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by zub(m): 6:33am On Jul 29, 2016
Hi guys, so happy to find this section. Am an introvert to the core. Lots of pple have read so many meanings about my personality. Have tried so hard to blend, but i see myself going back to my original self. I hope to share ideas with you guys

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2016
zub:
Hi guys, so happy to find this section. Am an introvert to the core. Lots of pple have read so many meanings about my personality. Have tried so hard to blend, but i see myself going back to my original self. I hope to share ideas with you guys

Welcome Bro, looking forward to the ideas you wish to share smiley

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by queency11(f): 6:37am On Jul 30, 2016
Although this trend av existed since but I wld love to drop my point too. One of my challenges was wen I graduated from school nd students signed out on us, a small party was then organised meanwhile a lot of pple was present dere, d mc then said two pple wld be called out to come nd dance. D bombshell was dat I was called out nd all my mate were like yes, I jux sat down nd they came to remove me from dat chair, I jux stood b4 d audience nd later returned back to my seat. I felt special thous but was also embarrassed abit

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:52am On Jul 30, 2016
queency11:
Although this trend av existed since but I wld love to drop my point too. One of my challenges was wen I graduated from school nd students signed out on us, a small party was then organised meanwhile a lot of pple was present dere, d mc then said two pple wld be called out to come nd dance. D bombshell was dat I was called out nd all my mate were like yes, I jux sat down nd they came to remove me from dat chair, I jux stood b4 d audience nd later returned back to my seat. I felt special thous but was also embarrassed abit

I can actually relate to this scenario. The thing is that many introverts out there are great dancers but are unable to display their dancing prowess in social gatherings except in their room when they are alone reason because they are not comfortable with the idea of bunch of people watching them while they dance. The way out of this is to first of all get use to/comfortable dancing in social gathering by taking things slowly. You can start by just shaking your head and thereafter graduate to moving your body, waist and so on. You will be astonish at the end of the day how great dancer you are and the exhilarating feeling that comes with it .

Introversion does not limit.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:55am On Jul 30, 2016
zub:

You're welcome. Hope to hear ideals from you.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2016
akins56:
on the contrary, i love walking alone, i hate to walk with a partner or crowd, I'm not always comfortable, but again, i always have this funny feeling when am walking alone, most especially when there are so many people along the road, i feel as if they are all staring at me,,i making me walk uncomfortably, whereas, they may not even have my time!

Do you day dream while walking especially on long distance?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:08am On Jul 30, 2016
Yteflon:
Ehn! Ehn... So my pple are here... Me i don't even understand myself... Most times m outdoor and I love to party and av fun but just with only one or two person... If we are 4 in a group I won't even exist again.. Especially if there is a stranger among...
Another issue is females, I can't even stand wit some girls talk less of talking... Tho I av a GF dah understand me maybe because she is d same

Most introvert can behave like extrovert in certain situations like being out going but the thing is that they usually go back to their shell to recharge themselves and i believe this is what you're experiencing.

Get extremely comfortable with two persons and you you'll eventually find yourself being comfortable with 3, 4,5,...... until you become a public speaker. Take things slowly.

Standing and talking with ladies is quite easy if you are familiar with them, but for total strangers this a very big task for introverts. Sometimes we need to allow things take place spontaneously. If the lady you're having a discuss observe you're an introvert, she will make things easy for you.

Please share with us your experience in a Introvert-introvert relationship and if you don't mind, how both of you entered into a relationship. Did you woo her?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by akins56(m): 10:09am On Jul 30, 2016
Olarewajub:

Do you day dream while walking especially on long distance?
not really, I referred to when walking along routes where there are people.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:28am On Jul 30, 2016
bfn1:
Peeps, so yesterday, I got an 'unavoidable' memo from the HR manager that I'll be handling a session in one of our monthly meetings next week Monday. As in, I'll stand in front of a sizable audience to conduct them for 15 long minutes! angry
I've been avoiding that for years, but they caught me yesterday. sad

Anyway, rehearsals have begun. cool

Congratulation Bro, you're going to cherish this experience for the rest of your life.
The little encouragement i have for you is to overly prepare which i can see you are currently working on and remember nobody in that room on Monday wants you to fail.

Please do well to share your experience with us after your presentation.

Goodluck.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ganie(m): 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hi folks,does being a shy person has to do with intovercy...if there is any word like that.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chuksp09(m): 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
No one replied dis question? Would still like to know though. How do u recognize an introvert when u see or meet one?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
ganie:
Hi folks,does being a shy person has to do with intovercy...if there is any word like that.

Being introverted doesn't really mean one is shy, its just that we prefer to be left alone from time to time so we can enjoy everything our wild imaginations presents to us...... Most times people misinterprete the silence of an Intro to be shyness, but thats wrong, we're only studying you without you knowing it smiley

chuksp09:
No one replied dis question? Would still like to know though. How do u recognize an introvert when u see or meet one?

The individuals behaviour when meeting a total stranger, especially if its the opposite sex
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Krasid(m): 8:44am On Aug 01, 2016
queency11:
Something similar happened during a cultural day in sec school when we were expected to dance.I had always dreaded that day and it would turn out to be one of the most embarassing days of my life.My fight/flight/freeze response was activated when I was called to dance, and I think my body opted for freeze because my muscles became so stiff that I couldn't move.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 01, 2016
Guys, the voting starts today oo by 10am, pls show your support...

Cc Olarewajub
Krasid
May01
Tenison96
Tuham
Sike
luvablesam
Amazingg
mrwonlasewonie
Sard
JhyMedex
allytinted
hottest111

And other Intros around smiley

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
Guys, the voting has begun... link is

www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination/15

Type I vote for Vizkiz. Cc NLJega , your support is highly appreciated smiley

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by WhyAmISoQuiet: 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hello house. These days I don't care what people think, I utilize the goodies that come with the introvert package

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2016
Guys, thanks a lot for yesterday, the voting starts today again by 10am, pls show your support...
Cc Olarewajub
Krasid
May01
Tenison96
Tuham
Sike
luvablesam
Amazingg
mrwonlasewonie
Sard
JhyMedex
allytinted
hottest111
chriskosherbal
Destined2win
Opistorincos
And other Intros around smiley

Just type "I vote for Vizkiz Cc NLJega"

**modified**

Voting has begun, link is

www.nairaland.com/3263244/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination/3#48111432

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kikayboss(m): 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
GREAT INTROVERTS!!!!

GREAT!!!!!

abeg i get 1 small problem....i know this is the wrong place cos your all like moi.....

OK, here goes......

I've spent a week in my uncle's house and many babes don eye me, me self don eye dem (its not that am that handsome ooo *but i gat that swag that only introverts have '..... you know that silent swag when you walking down the street alone with your ear piece plugged in, talking to no one just strolling with your shoulders high? you know that feeling right?...

ok., so this evening i went to a barber's shop close by to charge my phone(well am cool with the guys there even though we don't talk much) then suddenly this hot mamacita walked in and i was like "WOAH HOLLUP" then she sat close to me and i was sighting her fwesh thighs man, her skirt was riding high an she wasn't making efforts to cover up.
I noticed she looked like one of the guys there *the guy is slightly older than i am*,......mahn, that was how we started tapping current from each other (you know that mood when the both are digging each other but no one can speak up) so i was busy stealing glances and caught her doing the same.

I was strategising on how to chat her up and she was busy helping me check my phone and she'll tell me to help her check hers even when it was beside my phone (girls ehn cheesy )

due to the fact that some of my tight goons have been yabbing me for not being able to walk up to a babe , i decided to chop small lion liver and try it for the first time, so the conversation went thus:.....

ME: is DAT ur twin brother *pointing to the guy i mentioned earlier*
(i know its a lame pickup line abeg no laff 2 much)

HER: No.... do we look alike?

ME: yes ....so he is your younger brother?

HER: yes
(abeg see me see trouble ooo...that her younger brother is older than me oo)

well i think the liver i ate failed me so i paused for some minutes thinking of how to start another convo....

*pls why is it so hard for intros to start and maintain convos ....am a poor conversationist so you've gotta be really interesting and talkative to get me to talk much*

for now only 1 of my cousins and my squad can make me an "extrovert of the moment" where i get extra hyper and people will think I'm so outgoing, well pray you neva meet me in my intro times (which is everytime tho ) ...

aiit back to the gist....

well i was still left with a little of the lion's liver i ate , so i tried again...

: *tappin her*
ME: where do you stay?

HER: is there any problem?
*GBAMGADADA!!!* #mehn that question hit me like a rock, even tho she said it politely,

well i think you know what happened to the remaining liver right?...well if you dont ....IT FLED !!!!!

I just managed to say a weak NO...

then she told me she stays at the next street

but i was too destabilized to continue a.k.a liver fail me...
but am sure she didnt notice i was nervous..
cos i am like a duck i keep a very calm surface but underneath am in a crazy struggle....
i can hide feelings perfectly and have this cool front even when i aint feeling the slightest chill...

so back to the girl...

we spent the rest of the evening sitting very close to each other but in silence even tho we were still tapping current

okay abeg what should i do now if i eventually get to know her house what will i say ...

peeps abeg drop ur opinions abeg i want to start the ultimate search tomorrow

how will i start the Convo and what will i tell her?

thanks in advance
to the senior intros in the hous
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 1:20am On Aug 03, 2016
Olarewajub:
Happy Weekend!!!
As i promised few weeks ago, these are tips to go about public speaking as an introvert base on my personal experience. [truncated]

Great one here. I'm just reading the post as I've been away for work.
The article is well structured. Quite detailed too.
One thing you could add to 'preparation' is that it actually helps to increase confidence. When a speaker is well prepared, he/she literally increases confidence through mastery of the topic. Confidence indirectly helps to overcome shyness and/or panics and fear.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 03, 2016
@kikayboss
This your case strong oo, there's someone that can help you, i doubt he's an Intro though Cc iLegend

Btw...Guys, thanks a lot for yesterday, the voting starts today again by 10am, pls show your support...
Cc Olarewajub
Krasid
May01
Tenison96
Tuham
Sike
luvablesam
Amazingg
mrwonlasewonie
Sard
JhyMedex
allytinted
hottest111
chriskosherbal
Destined2win
Opistorincos
And other Intros around

Link is www.nairaland.com/3265483/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kikayboss(m): 11:04am On Aug 03, 2016
GloryIsaac:
@kikayboss
This your case strong oo, there's someone that can help you, i doubt he's an Intro though Cc iLegend

Btw...Guys, thanks a lot for yesterday, the voting starts today again by 10am, pls show your support...
Cc Olarewajub
Krasid
May01
Tenison96
Tuham
Sike
luvablesam
Amazingg
mrwonlasewonie
Sard
JhyMedex
allytinted
hottest111
chriskosherbal
Destined2win
Opistorincos
And other Intros around

Link is www.nairaland.com/3265483/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final
thanx bruv....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bfn1: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
Olarewajub:

Congratulation Bro, you're going to cherish this experience for the rest of your life...

Please do well to share your experience with us after your presentation.

Goodluck.
Thanks for the encouragement.

The first few minutes were quite unnerving for your boy. Lol.
My arms & legs were moving of their own accord.

Then, I grew into it as the session progressed.

Afterwards, the commendations started pouring in making me feel more exposed & muddled up.

It was a great experience but I don't look forward to doing a repeat anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hmmm
Observing
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Aisha800(f): 4:48am On Aug 04, 2016
akins56:
. I share in that feeling too

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.