Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (635840 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by olu98: 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2016
drippingink3:
That day i learnt you can't change over night. If you force yourself to do the things that are not part of you make up suddenly, you would do it the wrong way and it would be disasterous.

Yeah you're so right dear
I once try to change myself but I later on realise being myself is the best thing that has ever happened to me

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Peachess(f): 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
LostCity:

Aha,You see what i mean ma"am? it's not in your gene,genetically it's just a figment of imagination which later translate to Reality,like you rightly typed ,(background)That's the root.
I was kinda restricted growing up. But I still don't know why I've not outgrown it. Before I got to school I was expecting to see a new person because of the freedom, but I didn't change. I'm working on it now, meeting new people. Don't wanna be shy anymore.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Peachess(f): 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2016
olu98:
hello guys,I nid advice on aw 2 chase a family member(cousin)DAT won't leave.am so sick of him.
The silent treatment works like magic. Why do you wanna chase him out? Guess he draining your energy or he's getting on your nerves..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 22, 2016
Peachess:

I was kinda restricted growing up. But I still don't know why I've not outgrown it. Before I got to school I was expecting to see a new person because of the freedom, but I didn't change. I'm working on it now, meeting new people. Don't wanna be shy anymore.

Oh oh ma"am that's the spirit, and if you want to really work on it,you'll have to reduce your online Tete-Atete and focus mostly on offline/social persona,Because online Persona has always been the norm/avenue/channel for introverts to air their view when bored/ to the bone marrow,
but when you start working mostly on your offline persona,you'll realised that you're more of extroverted.
morning.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2016
Peachess:

The silent treatment works like magic. Why do you wanna chase him out? Guess he draining your energy or he's getting on your nerves..

Good question.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Peachess(f): 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
LostCity:

Oh oh ma"am that's the spirit, and if you want to really work on it,you'll have to reduce your online Tete-Atete and focus mostly on offline/social persona,Because online Persona has always been the norm/avenue/channel for introverts to air their view when bored/ to the bone marrow,
but when you start working mostly on your offline persona,you'll realised that you're more of extroverted.
morning.
Noted. Thanks for the tip.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TheExclusive: 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
Being an introvert helped me to channel my energy (mental energy esp) to what matters most to me especially education, career and personal development, Instead of always making friends and engaging in shallow talk all the time. I always compensate by taking a time out in the evenings to relate with people so as not to seem awkward. whenever i have serious things to do, esp the metal ones, i switch on my introverted side, and when i'm done, I come out from my shell. I'm trying to balance things out, now that I have made reasonable progress in my personal development. Being an introvert sometimes gives me an edge.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 4kings: 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
TheExclusive:
Being an introvert sometimes gives me an edge.
Apart from mentality, what other edge are u talking about?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TheExclusive: 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
4kings:

Apart from mentality, what other edge are u talking about?
Edge in terms of my what my priorities are right now which is mostly about personal development in which I 've achieved remarkable progress. Now i'm coming out more to make up. This is not to say introversion is the best but I just highlighted one positive side to it. Different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 4kings: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
TheExclusive:
Edge in terms of my what my priorities are right now which is mostly about personal development in which I 've achieved remarkable progress. Now i'm coming out more to make up. This is not to say introversion is the best but I just highlighted one positive side to it. Different strokes for different folks.
OK.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sophiaabba(f): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2016
hi friends am new via

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
sophiaabba:
hi friends am new via
You welcome sophia,feel at home smiley..high class hospitality full groundwink

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sophiaabba(f): 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2016
Thanks Melsan

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 11:07am On Aug 28, 2016
Hmmm you will hav to do more than try dear,been there trust me but i thank God things have changed .i can chat qny one up and keep a good convo going for as long as i wish.but it didint just start over day o. I still mostly have my quiet times till date.like send my familly away for summer .i was really ready to make it work.meet new peeps dat aint too boring get acquainted and flow.but you still must be your self most times as your true self 2ill always show up once a while,trust me, you dont wanna miss those pretty moment .Do you know d best times of my life is my idle(single) moments up till date?most people dont even know me to b d talking type except they all know me for my wisdom and excellence at my coordinating atitude.the good thing about been an intro is dat people cant predict u .thus they always r scared and respect u.Be my friend and we talk more.give me a pm if u r interested and i shall hook u up ma.
Peachess:

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 11:34am On Aug 28, 2016
That cant be completely true bro,some one in your finally is definitely a shy guy and a die hard one .try do some research and follow up.i use to thinksame untill i noticed my momma likes to cover up for her shyness using defensive mechanisms like quarrellingnand shouting.i once went to lagos to visit her during my uni days...u need to see how my pretty loving momma embarrased her self in a public car going to mile 2 way back(do u know why isaid she embarrassed her self and not me)it was because i kept quiet all tru the journey while she was exchanging words with the bus guy.i lived up north while she is based in lagos.so at the end of the day no one knew she was my momma save yours truely!.so she was a perfect melancholy and d popular sanguine but she couldnt manage it.but me be full time acada man, and as a matter of fact i manage people with such kind of issues in life but so so unfortunate That prety woman is No More today,she has gone to the other side of the living....Across the Bridge!!
4kings:

You just killed me. **cries**
Mine is definitely not hereditary and my background is even out of the option.

So what should I do?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
Wow i never knew a thread like this exist. Nice one
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Peachess(f): 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2016
gidjah:
Hmmm you will hav to do more than try dear,been there trust me but i thank God things have changed .i can chat qny one up and keep a good convo going for as long as i wish.but it didint just start over day o. I still mostly have my quiet times till date.like send my familly away for summer .i was really ready to make it work.meet new peeps dat aint too boring get acquainted and flow.but you still must be your self most times as your true self 2ill always show up once a while,trust me, you dont wanna miss those pretty moment .Do you know d best times of my life is my idle(single) moments up till date?most people dont even know me to b d talking type except they all know me for my wisdom and excellence at my coordinating atitude.the good thing about been an intro is dat people cant predict u .thus they always r scared and respect u.Be my friend and we talk more.give me a pm if u r interested and i shall hook u up ma.
I won't lie, it's not easy at all but I'll overcome it real soon. You right about that respect part, I remember one of my loud course mate complaining about people not respecting her but people respect 'small girl' like me. People tend to take you for granted when you always talk to them, that I've notice. Thanks for your concern but I don't really wanna bore you out.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
Over one week and nobody has reacted to the introvert Challenge. Something must be wrong.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2016
TheBatman:
Wow i never knew a thread like this exist. Nice one

There are many things you don't know and that is why life is interesting.

Welcome to the Lounge
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
Good evening sophiaabba

Happy Birthday. Wishing you long life and prosperity.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2016
Happy birthday sophia,LLNP!..where is my share of the birthday cake ooo?.@Olanrewaju,any challenge for the new week?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sophiaabba(f): 8:40pm On Aug 28, 2016
Olarewajub:
Good evening sophiaabba

Happy Birthday. Wishing you long life and prosperity.

thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
Olarewajub:
Introvert Challenge 2 Share a Story

In this challenge, all the introverts in the lounge are expected to share a deep personal story of themselves with people around them via an online platform and physically. Don’t panic yet, Click on the links below on how to go about sharing your story as an introvert and its importance.

www.thestorytellingnonprofit.com/blog/the-power-of-sharing-a-personal-story/

www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2016/03/08/12-challenges-introverted-leaders-face-and-how-to-overcome-them/#2fbd1df640c2

www.huffingtonpost.com/diana-m-raab/the-power-of-personal-sto_b_1187170.html

www.co-intelligence.org/PowerOfStoryLong.html

www.4ggl.org/the-power-of-sharing-your-own-story/

www.boeason.com/

https://youtube.com/watch?v=F09ZQiytlkU&itct=CBYQpDAYACITCN6x9oyHyc4CFQoPHAodfU8HqlIsaW50cm92ZXJ0IHdheSBvZiBjaGFuZ2luZyB0aGUgd29ybGQgdGVkIHRhbGs%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google

If you’re sharing your story via an online platform be it Nairaland, Facebook, Instagram, etc. You are expected to share the web link of your story with us so that other people can get to read your story which can be multiple or single.
You have the option of sharing the story you’ve communicated physically with the lounge. The inclusion of the offline story sharing is to make the challenge difficult and more beneficial but it is advisable to do any of the task that seems easy to you first. This implies everybody is expected to share a minimum of two (one e-story and one physical) stories
If you have any question, you are free to ask and Goodluck.

Challenge reposted Melsan
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
sophiaabba:

thanks dear

How is the celebration going? Don't tell you've been indoor all day unless you decided to celebrate with your family or close friends.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2016
My question is can you please explain this challenge,cos me nor understand the grammar ooo sad
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
Melsan:
My question is can you please explain this challenge,cos me nor understand the grammar ooo sad

Go through the articles on the link and you will get a clue. Any way i will don't some modification on the post. Please inform me if you ain't still clear
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 4kings: 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
gidjah:
That cant be completely true bro,some one in your finally is definitely a shy guy and a die hard one .try do some research and follow up.i use to thinksame untill i noticed my momma likes to cover up for her shyness using defensive mechanisms like quarrellingnand shouting.i once went to lagos to visit her during my uni days...u need to see how my pretty loving momma embarrased her self in a public car going to mile 2 way back(do u know why isaid she embarrassed her self and not me)it was because i kept quiet all tru the journey while she was exchanging words with the bus guy.i lived up north while she is based in lagos.so at the end of the day no one knew she was my momma save yours truely!.so she was a perfect melancholy and d popular sanguine but she couldnt manage it.but me be full time acada man, and as a matter of fact i manage people with such kind of issues in life but so so unfortunate That prety woman is No More today,she has gone to the other side of the living....Across the Bridge!!
Thanks a lot, guess I would start making some observations.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
Olarewajub:

Go through the articles on the link and you will get a clue. Any way i will don't some modification on the post. Please inform me if you ain't still clear
Okay,thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sophiaabba(f): 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Olarewajub:

How is the celebration going? Don't tell you've been indoor all day unless you decided to celebrate with your family or close friends.

bn indoors dear after church
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 2:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hmmmmm bored out? That's my middle name dear. Shoot your shots.
Peachess:

I won't lie, it's not easy at all but I'll overcome it real soon. You right about that respect part, I remember one of my loud course mate complaining about people not respecting her but people respect 'small girl' like me. People tend to take you for granted when you always talk to them, that I've notice Thanks for your concern but I don't really wanna bore you out.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
sophiaabba:

bn indoors dear after church

Typical Introvert response.

Enjoy yourself. You deserve it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.