Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Preparing For War With Russia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Preparing For War With Russia (1231 Views)

White House Makes It Official : US “at War” With IS / Iran 'Is Ready For War' - Are we headed for World War 3 ? / Will Usa Go To War With China To End Its Economic Decline? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preparing For War With Russia by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
The Russian government has finally realized that it has no Western “partners,” and is complaining bitterly about the propagandistic lies and disinformation issued without any evidence whatsoever against the Russian government by Washington, its European vassals, and presstitute media.

Perhaps the Russian government thought that only Iraq, Libya, Syria, China, and Edward Snowden would be subjected to Washington’s lies and demonization.

It was obvious enough that Russia would be next.

The Russian government and Europe need to look beyond Washington’s propaganda, because the reality is much worst.

NATO commander General Breedlove and Senate bill 2277 clearly indicate that Washington is organizing itself and Europe for war against Russia (see my previously posted column).

Europe is reluctant to agree with Washington to put Ukraine in NATO. Europeans understand that if Washington or its stooges in Kiev cause a war with Russia Europe will be the first casualty. Washington finds its vassals’ noncompliance tiresome. Remember Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland’s “f**ck the EU.” And that is just what Washington is about to do.

The US Senate’s Russian Aggression Prevention Act, about which I reported in my previous column, does even more mischief than I reported. If the bill passes, which it likely will, Washington becomes empowered to bypass NATO and to grant the status of “allied nation” to Ukraine independently of NATO membership. By so doing, Washington can send troops to Ukraine and thereby commit NATO to a war with Russia.

Notice how quickly Washington escalated the orchestrated Ukrainian “crisis” without any evidence into “Russian aggression.” Overnight we have the NATO commander and US senators taking actions against “Russian aggression” of which no one has seen any evidence.

With Iraq, Libya, and Syria, Washington learned that Washington could act on the basis of baldfaced lies. No one, not Great Britain, not France, not Germany, not Italy, not the Netherlands, not Canada, not Australia, not Mexico, not New Zealand, not Israel, nor Japan, nor S. Korea, nor Taiwan, nor (substitute your selection) stepped forward to hold Washington accountable for its blatant lies and war crimes. The UN even accepted the package of blatant and obviously transparent lies that Colin Powell delivered to the UN.

Source: http://www.globalresearch.ca/preparing-for-war-with-russia/5393375

I hate America
After reading this article the hatred increased

Re: Preparing For War With Russia by Leibnitz: 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
Finally the end is here. Putin has by-passed Obama cool
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: Finally the end is here. Putin has by-passed Obama cool

Lol
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by NairaMinted: 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
smackimorn: I hate America
After reading this article the hatred increased

Don't hate America as a country. Reserve your hatred for the neo-cons, warmongers, Wall Street politicians and shadow elite that actually run the country and their weakened congress from the shadows and have an insatiable appetite for war.....

Here is outgoing US president Dwight Eisenhower warning American citizens about the now $700 Billion a year MilitaryIndsutrial Complex during his farewell speech on Jan 17,1961. An irony really if you consider that Eisenhower was a former General himself........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by NairaMinted: 11:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
I am only hoping certain countries such as Germany will snap back to their senses. Britain is a foregone, lost cause. The only hope humanity has in stopping Washington in its tracks and lust for war is in Germany and perhaps some other reasonable European country...
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by cap28: 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
NairaMinted: I am only hoping certain countries such as Germany will snap back to their senses. Britain is a foregone, lost cause. The only hope humanity has in stopping Washington in its tracks and lust for war is in Germany and perhaps some other reasonable European country...

The us are now so desperate to nail Russia that they wont mind shooting down more planes containing citizens of countries that refuse to back this their proposed suicidal war with Russia so I think because of this Germany will fall into line
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 27, 2014
Seun n co. Front page
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by NairaMinted: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
smackimorn: Seun n co. Front page

Lol! That will never happen. Nairaland is completely pro-West...
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by bookface: 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
The Russian government has finally realized that it has no Western “partners,” and is complaining bitterly about the propagandistic lies and disinformation issued without any evidence whatsoever against the Russian government by Washington, its European vassals, and presstitute media.

Russian government is complaining bitterly about propagandistic lies? LOL!!! Since when is Russia the innocent party? Have you watched Russian news media to realize the extent of propaganda being meted out?

It is really quite simple. It should be assumed that every government will mete out has much propaganda as they can to sway public opinion to their own advantage. It is no brainer, the western government controls more than half of the world's media outlet, so they clearly have the upper hand in the propaganda contest, but it doesn't mean that the Russians are the squeaky clean innocent party you wish to portray them to be.

In addition, Governments/countries don't have partners or friends - they have interests! and any government is only expected to pursue foreign policy that are in line with its core interests

The US Senate’s Russian Aggression Prevention Act, about which I reported in my previous column, does even more mischief than I reported. If the bill passes, which it likely will, Washington becomes empowered to bypass NATO and to grant the status of “allied nation” to Ukraine independently of NATO membership. By so doing, Washington can send troops to Ukraine and thereby commit NATO to a war with Russia.

Can you or someone explain why it is in US interest to go to war with Russia, knowing fully well that this will mean the destruction of more than 80% of US cities and the death of more than half of its citizens? You sound very much like the tin foil hat wearers who only get their information from one source which obviously leads to one conclusion - "Washington is the bogeyman", because? "look at Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan".

However, i often wonder why Russia (the supposed Victim) avoids the Bogeyman label afterall, it waged war against Afganistan: Carved up Gerogia: Carved up Moldova: Grabbed Crimea and it continues to threaten Lithuania, Lativa and Poland?

And why do all these countries who were once members of the Soviet Union so desperately seek NATO's membership if their big bear neighbour was actually at peace with them?

The basic points are really quite simple:

1) Countries have interests. It is in Russia's interest to drive as much wedge as possible between Europe and the United states. It is in United States interests to keep Russia busy by making its environment unstable and making sure that the rest of the world sees it as a pariah state.

2) In other to further the first point, both countries will make use of all the tools available at their disposal. E.g

---Russia nailed a CIA operative on national TV:
---- couple of months later Edward Snowden disclosed NSA closely guarded secrets
-----then the Russians intercepted and released a recorded tape of Victoria Nuland's "Fu*k the EU"
------then somehow, a CIA converted agent was caught in Germany!

etc. I do not believe that all these events are not interconnected. The result of this of course is that the percentage of Europeans who see the US favourably are now at an all time low. This is music to Putin's ears. Drive a wedge between them, divide and conquer!

The US on the other hand responds by encouraging all the smaller countries surrounding Russia to embrace the West knowing fully well that Russia will react badily to this. By doing so, the US gets the opportunity to label Russia as a threat to Eastern Europe and the US gets to keep its position as a security guarantor.

In the midst of all this, Europe will remain a pawn and the person who wins the propaganda/information war gets to keep its interest.

3) In as much as the rhetoric may sound tough and crazy, i do not believe that either side wants a fully blown war because there are simply no winners in such a scenario. Russia probably has ICBMs that are positioned towards every major US city and US probably has the same. Russia's total GDP is less than that of California. If Russia nukes America and America does the same, America will stand to lose much more than Russia.

The US wants to control the World, but so does Russia and so does China. Their are no victims here, only players. Propaganda, lies, threats are all tools of the game.

3 Likes

Re: Preparing For War With Russia by NairaMinted: 2:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
bookface:

The US wants to control the World, but so does Russia and so does China. Their are no victims here, only players. Propaganda, lies, threats are all tools of the game.

God bless you for this comment. At least this is an area we share common ground. When will Africans wake up and realize all these? I may post anti-West comments for now, but be rest assured that I would be posting anti-East, anti-China or anti-Russia comments if they were the ones trying to control the world like the US is obsessively trying to.

3 Likes

Re: Preparing For War With Russia by bookface: 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
NairaMinted:

God bless you for this comment. At least this is an area we share common ground. When will Africans wake up and realize all these? I may post anti-West comments for now, but be rest assured that I would be posting anti-East, anti-China or anti-Russia comments if they were the ones trying to control the world like the US is obsessively trying to.

Again, it all comes down to what tools are available to each country!

China has been buying up several African lands and European businesses. They buy up US treasuries and London houses. The theory remains the same. Once you have economic prowess, the next goal usually is to achieve total control. The Romans tried it. The Japanese tried it. The Soviet tried it. The Germans tried it. Now the Americans are at it. Their are no innocent parties here, there are no victims. Only interests. Every country wants to be able to influence another country. This is why both Russia and US are at logger heads.

Russia does not want to see itself as a "former global power" - it still seeks influence in the former soviet states and if possible it will like to unseat US as a security apparatus in Europe. This is why Medvedev proposed an European Security Treaty about three years ago. US knows that if Russia unseats its position in Europe, then it faces a global decline - So as much as possible, the US will try to cast Russia in the worst possible light, possibly even as a threat so that Europeans can see the essence of NATO and neutral players such as Finaland and Sweeden will reconsider their stance.

There are no innocent party and it's all a fair game. The cold war never really ended.

3 Likes

Re: Preparing For War With Russia by NairaMinted: 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
bookface:

Russian government is complaining bitterly about propagandistic lies? LOL!!! Since when is Russia the innocent party? Have you watched Russian news media to realize the extent of propaganda being meted out?

It is really quite simple. It should be assumed that every government will mete out has much propaganda as they can to sway public opinion to their own advantage. It is no brainer, the western government controls more than half of the world's media outlet, so they clearly have the upper hand in the propaganda contest, but it doesn't mean that the Russians are the squeaky clean innocent party you wish to portray them to be.

In addition, Governments/countries don't have partners or friends - they have interests! and any government is only expected to pursue foreign policy that are in line with its core interests

Can you or someone explain why it is in US interest to go to war with Russia, knowing fully well that this will mean the destruction of more than 80% of US cities and the death of more than half of its citizens? You sound very much like the tin foil hat wearers who only get their information from one source which obviously leads to one conclusion - "Washington is the bogeyman", because? "look at Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan".

However, i often wonder why Russia (the supposed Victim) avoids the Bogeyman label afterall, it waged war against Afganistan: Carved up Gerogia: Carved up Moldova: Grabbed Crimea and it continues to threaten Lithuania, Lativa and Poland?

And why do all these countries who were once members of the Soviet Union so desperately seek NATO's membership if their big bear neighbour was actually at peace with them?

1) Countries have interests. It is in Russia's interest to drive as much wedge as possible between Europe and the United states. It is in United States interests to keep Russia busy by making its environment unstable and making sure that the rest of the world sees it as a pariah state.

2) In other to further the first point, both countries will make use of all the tools available at their disposal. E.g

---- couple of months later Edward Snowden disclosed NSA closely guarded secrets
-----then the Russians intercepted and released a recorded tape of Victoria Nuland's "Fu*k the EU"

etc. I do not believe that all these events are not interconnected. The result of this of course is that the percentage of Europeans who see the US favourably are now at an all time low. This is music to Putin's ears. Drive a wedge between them, divide and conquer!

The US on the other hand responds by encouraging all the smaller countries surrounding Russia to embrace the West knowing fully well that Russia will react badily to this. By doing so, the US gets the opportunity to label Russia as a threat to Eastern Europe and the US gets to keep its position as a security guarantor.

In the midst of all this, Europe will remain a pawn and the person who wins the propaganda/information war gets to keep its interest.

3) In as much as the rhetoric may sound tough and crazy, i do not believe that either side wants a fully blown war because there are simply no winners in such a scenario. Russia probably has ICBMs that are positioned towards every major US city and US probably has the same. Russia's total GDP is less than that of California. If Russia nukes America and America does the same, America will stand to lose much more than Russia.

I had to re-quote you seeing that you have indeed provided a briliant insight to the geo-politics at play. The part of statement that I highlighted however is the ICBM/nuclear war part. Do you know that under George Bush, Washington's nuclear war doctrine changed from that of containemnt to that of a first strike? The US government now reserves the right to strike Russia pre-emptively with nuclear weapons hence those ABMs that are popping up all across eastern Europe.Ne0-cons really do believe that a nuclear war is winnable.. Go look it up yourself.
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by cap28: 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
bookface:

Again, it all comes down to what tools are available to each country!

China has been buying up several African lands and European businesses. They buy up US treasuries and London houses. The theory remains the same. Once you have economic prowess, the next goal usually is to achieve total control. The Romans tried it. The Japanese tried it. The Soviet tried it. The Germans tried it. Now the Americans are at it. Their are no innocent parties here, there are no victims. Only interests. Every country wants to be able to influence another country. This is why both Russia and US are at logger heads.

Russia does not want to see itself as a "former global power" - it still seeks influence in the former soviet states and if possible it will like to unseat US as a security apparatus in Europe. This is why Medvedev proposed an European Security Treaty about three years ago. US knows that if Russia unseats its position in Europe, then it faces a global decline - So as much as possible, the US will try to cast Russia in the worst possible light, possibly even as a threat so that Europeans can see the essence of NATO and neutral players such as Finaland and Sweeden will reconsider their stance.

There are no innocent party and it's all a fair game. The cold war never really ended.

The us is an imperialist aggressor who seeks to invade and exploit weaker nations and steal their resources while China and Russia seek peace and trade

3 Likes

Re: Preparing For War With Russia by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
NairaMinted:

Oh!!!! Lol
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by bookface: 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
NairaMinted:

I had to re-quote you seeing that you have indeed provided a briliant insight to the geo-politics at play. The part of statement that I highlighted however is the ICBM/nuclear war part. Do you know that under George Bush, Washington's nuclear war doctrine changed from that of containemnt to that of a first strike? The US government now reserves the right to strike Russia pre-emptively with nuclear weapons hence those ABMs that are popping up all across eastern Europe.Ne0-cons really do believe that a nuclear war is winnable.. Go look it up yourself.

This may be true. But i don't think the Soviets and now Russia, ever intend to use their own 10,000+ nuclear weapons against America ONLY in a retaliatory capacity. Everyone seeks a first strike option - In war, only potential losers fight fairly. Everyone will make a run for the first strike option if they have genuine intelligence that shows that the other party is planning such.

The only real solution is for a world without Nuclear weapons. But given that this will clearly give a country like the US a clear advantage over Russia, this option will never be achievable.
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by bookface: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
cap28:

The us is an imperialist aggressor who seeks to invade and exploit weaker nations and steal their resources while China and Russia seek peace and trade

Yes, i hear you. Russia seeks peace, but by placing thousands of "peacekeepers" in Transnistria, it controls half of Moldova. By placing "peacekeepers" in south ossetia and abkhazia, it controls half of Gerogia. By annexing crimea and seeking to "freeze" the conflict in Eastern Ukraine, it will control half of Ukraine. Now, that's how you "seek piss"?

and China? let's not even go there.

1 Like

Re: Preparing For War With Russia by bookface: 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
NairaMinted:

And for good reasons i may add. If we ignore the geopolitics - between Shanghai, St Petersburg, Venice, London or New York - I know which places i will prefer to live out my life. But then again, this is a personal opinion, and i feel that most people you consider "pro-west" feel the same way. I have visited St Petersburg and the level of hatred for blacks is just astonishing. I have friends that left Nigeria for London and are now vice presidents in Investment Banks and law firms. You are not likely to ever see this in Russia, so between East and West, why should a rational person choose East?

And if you look around you, can you name at least one thing that was invented in Russia? what exactly is Russia's contribution to the world beside Natural gas and Oil? and of course, besides military weapons? and why do top Russian inventors, such as Sergey Brin have to leave Russia for the West to make their own personal contribution to the world?

1 Like

Re: Preparing For War With Russia by NairaMinted: 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
bookface:

And for good reasons i may add. If we ignore the geopolitics - between Shanghai, St Petersburg, Venice, London or New York - I know which places i will prefer to live out my life. But then again, this is a personal opinion, and i feel that most people you consider "pro-west" feel the same way. I have visited St Petersburg and the level of hatred for blacks is just astonishing. I have friends that left Nigeria for London and are now vice presidents in Investment Banks and law firms. You are not likely to ever see this in Russia, so between East and West, why should a rational person choose East?

And if you look around you, can you name at least one thing that was invented in Russia? what exactly is Russia's contribution to the world beside Natural gas and Oil? and of course, besides military weapons? and why do top Russian inventors, such as Sergey Brin have to leave Russia for the West to make their own personal contribution to the world?

Hahaha! Bookface, you have shown your biased self here with this post.......We all have bias and I guess that is totally understandable but for you to ask what Russia has contributed besides natural oil and gas? Come on man! There have been lots of Russian scientists that have contributed immensely to science notably in the field of Chemistry and Physics in the past. In recent times, perhaps Russia has fallen behind as evident in Russian companies been almost non existent amongst the new generation of tech start-ups and Fortune 500 companies such as Google, Facebook, etc but that doesn't mean Russian companies arent't still churning out inventions and contributing significantly to science. I subscribe to a science/tech journal and although I cannot name any Russian company from the top of my head, I know they are still in there contributing and innovating. What about China? That's pretty obvious I believe, so let's not even go there....Come on man!

And about choosing where to live between Western and Eastern countries, I agree that in many Russian cities (most Slavic countries in fact), blacks are not entirely welcome but you cannot overlook the fact that racism is also on the rise in Western European countries - including London..

1 Like

Re: Preparing For War With Russia by bookface: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
NairaMinted:
Hahaha! Bookface, you have shown your biased self here with this post.....

Yes, we all have bias. But i know where my position sits between bias and reality.

--- I despise wars
--- I know that interference is not limited to the West. Big nations will seek to influence small nations. Influence defines greatness.
--- I know that half of the stuff I read on-line are likely to be propaganda information, but I read them anyway.
--- I know that countries don't just do "peace and trade" - it's all about "what's in it for me". Time changes things quickly. The Russians and the Americans once fought on the same side against Germany and Japan - now both Germany and Japan are among the Americans biggest partners.

Come on man! There have been lots of Russian scientists that have contributed immensely to science notably in the field of Chemistry and Physics in the past. In recent times, perhaps Russia has fallen behind as evident in Russian companies been almost non existent amongst the new generation of tech start-ups and Fortune 500 companies such as Google, Facebook, etc but that doesn't mean Russian companies arent't still churning out inventions and contributing significantly to science. I subscribe to a science/tech journal and although I cannot name any Russian company from the top of my head, I know they are still in there contributing and innovating

I do agree that Russia has produced some great physicist and scientist, but one may argue that Russia tends to channel more of its activities into military purpose. Forget technology - look in other industries, from Finance, to healthcare to auto-mobiles - what exactly is Russia's impact? More than often, you are likely to hear Russian news media boasting about a new military grade weapon that can match what America currently has - When was the last time you used a "Made in Russia" product?

The "dutch disease" is why Russia has a big problem. It's entire economy is commodity based. It faces an ageing population. It's best minds are more likely to emigrate to the West than stay in Russia. It's laws are not investor friendly. Many Investors think about the case of Yukos oil and gas as an ideal case study of why they couldn't do business with Russia. It's all mafian style, nothing more. An environment like that does not spur innovation

And about choosing where to live between Western and Eastern countries, I agree that in many Russian cities (most Slavic countries in fact), blacks are not entirely welcome but you cannot overlook the fact that racism is also on the rise in Western European countries - including London..

Yes, you can claim racism exist everywhere. But the comparison really pales! London is almost "nobody's home", same with New York. You can live freely and enjoy life as long as you have the money to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Preparing For War With Russia by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
bookface:

what about the periodic table?
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by HolyHolla(m): 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
bookface:

Great analyses you've done here. None of these nations we refer to as 'developed' would want to go to war with one another, except their personal/national interests are gravely threatened. They all will prefer to set weaker nations against each other to project and protect their national interests, including sale of arms and ammunitions to warring parties, export of essential commodities required during wars, export of national ideologies, projection of national vested interests by claiming to protect their proteges, weakening of opponents' national interests, patronizing the decline of adversary interests, ... and all such selfish interests.

Sure, there may come a time when Russia and the US will engage in direct military confrontation, but it's definitely not going to be towards protecting any weaker nation or their (the weaker nation's) interest.

There are 2 major interests that could engineer direct confrontation between these neo-colonializing powers and those are:

1. The balkanization of the arctic regions between the US, Russia and China for the control of the massive oil and gas resources.

2. A Middle East engendered war fostered on these players because of the sensitivity of interests, newly discovered oil and gas prospects and the desire for recolonization for markets, military and political influences.

None of these nations is set for chivalry.. they all seek their very personal interests and nothing more.
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by ibietela2(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
NairaMinted: I am only hoping certain countries such as Germany will snap back to their senses. Britain is a foregone, lost cause. The only hope humanity has in stopping Washington in its tracks and lust for war is in Germany and perhaps some other reasonable European country...

Germany after losing 2 wars?
Re: Preparing For War With Russia by Rossikki: 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
I expect advanced extraterrestrial civilisations to be keeping a watchful eye on goings-on on earth. And I fully expect them to strike and destroy all those powers who currently threaten the earth. The ignorant, puny, repulsive, wicked, satanic leaders of those countries need to be destroyed for the earth to live, and they will.

(1) (Reply)

Russians Hacked The White House - CNN / Cameron's Party Pick Nigerian, Festus Akinbusoye, As Parliamentary Candidate / No Try Am !!! Saudi Arabia Warns America.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.