Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) (42416 Views)

How Jollof Rice Was Served In A Party (pics) / The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
dimdim001:

Na d firewood dey mke am get dat "party" taste

You sure say na firewood, ok now.. good point sha smiley

www.saiprojectscooking..com
www.youtube.com/saioladeji

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by mamachops(f): 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
party jollof rice anytime is the best...
if you want some anytime, holla at moi pls.
Even if its just for your home.

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Keky(m): 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
yungchop: O boy rice na rice, any one you cook na to dey shove dey go cheesy. MODIFIED; omo First to comment!! #dancimg shoki on top of barb wire cheesy #Barka Da SallaH
Egbon, Rice no be Rice oooo. Party Rice na baba oooooo.
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by ameenahz(f): 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
Rubyrose:
Thanks dear but does it not have a native name? I don't think the market women will know it by this name..

i don't know about other parts of Nigeria, but in many urban areas of the South-West, you can ask for bay leaf in most markets, especially from those that sell Fried rice, Jollof rice and pepper soup ingredients. No need to trouble yourself over native name.
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
saiprojects: HI NAIARALANDERS,

I KNOW WE ALL HAVE OUR DIFFERENT METHODS OF COOKING JOLLOF RICE.. LETS SHARE OUR TIPS AND SECRETS TO THAT PARTY JOLLOF RICE THAT WE ALL CRAVE WHEN WE GET TO NIGERIAN PARTIES smiley

MY TIP TO THE SMELL:- BAY LEAVES & FRESH THYME
See wats making Front Page ooooo
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by cecejobs(m): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Have you forgotten so soon when rice was eaten once in a week - on Sundays.
. Omo I wz dere. E be like say you come from my village. Sundays and celebration/festive season only. I thank God for change of story nw
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1: See wats making Front Page ooooo

Me too I shock oh, i know no say Nigerians like jollof rice like this:-

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by willorie(f): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=0rex] grin
The Smoke from FIREWOOD is the secret to the sweetest party 'rices'.[/quote

Orex, how did u figure?
that's just the secret jare

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=willorie][/quote] cheesy wink wink
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Rubyrose: 9:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
saiprojects: .

hmm to be honest i'm not sure if it has a yoruba name; i doubt it very much darling...
OK.. Thanks
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by Rubyrose: 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
ameenahz:

i don't know about other parts of Nigeria, but in many urban areas of the South-West, you can ask for bay leaf in most markets, especially from those that sell Fried rice, Jollof rice and pepper soup ingredients. No need to trouble yourself over native name.
Alright dear.. Thanks
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by armyofone(m): 3:31am On Jul 28, 2014
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by uzoexcel(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
pleasse i seriously wanna know the secret of that party jollof rice..
saiprojects: HI NAIARALANDERS,

I KNOW WE ALL HAVE OUR DIFFERENT METHODS OF COOKING JOLLOF RICE.. LETS SHARE OUR TIPS AND SECRETS TO THAT PARTY JOLLOF RICE THAT WE ALL CRAVE WHEN WE GET TO NIGERIAN PARTIES smiley

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
Try these websites:- www.saiprojectscooking..com

uzoexcel: pleasse i seriously wanna know the secret of that party jollof rice..

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by uzoexcel(m): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
thanks...lookn at ur vid

**d bell pepper i see in sainsbury is usually just green..i ussed to think it was naija tatashe grin grin grin?

***Glaze the chicken?wats d meaning of glaze lipsrsealed

***brown pepper?i only see black pepper in the shops..is it the same thing?

**the chicken u 'glazed', did u boil dem first or is it raw chicken?

**scotch bonnet?is it the naija pepper

**why dddnt u use parboiled rice

**after adding rice, why dd u cover it wid foil and not the pot cover

also its not as red as the party jollof rice...do they add colour or what?

The food loooks yumcious...dnt think i would b patient to use fork and knife o grin grin grin

pls indulge me as i really need to learn ds..tired of kebabs and my own crap cooking undecided undecided undecided

saiprojects: Try these websites:- www.saiprojectscooking..com

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by uzoexcel(m): 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
also, do u have anything on moi-moi. especially the one that has fish inside..if u could do a vid on that, u ll be my person of the year...i really really reallly reallly miss my moi moi seriously cry cry cry
#bookmarkingUrpage
saiprojects: Try these websites:- www.saiprojectscooking..com

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by uzoexcel(m): 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
hmmmm...no b small thing o
0rex:
I can't explain exactly. But the smoke definitely gets into the pot through the lid while cooking (little quantity) and when mixing or checking the rice. tongue

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by kevoh(m): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Buy a cheap gas cooker that has two points of cooking food.....this gascooker is very powerful.It really burns.
When cooking the rice, allow it to burn a little
In bold face is the main reason. All this firewood talk has nothing to do with it.
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
uzoexcel: thanks...lookn at ur vid

**d bell pepper i see in sainsbury is usually just green..i ussed to think it was naija tatashe grin grin grin?-- the bell pepper is the same as tatashe, only that its red

***Glaze the chicken?wats d meaning of glaze lipsrsealed-- glaze means rub the chicken lol :-)

***brown pepper?i only see black pepper in the shops..is it the same thing? - i used normal pepper oh as in tatashe and rodo

**the chicken u 'glazed', did u boil dem first or is it raw chicken?- yes i boiled the chicken first

**scotch bonnet?is it the naija pepper- yes its same as rodo

**why dddnt u use parboiled rice-- i never use per-boiled rice for jollof rice which is my little secret i'm sharing with you lol.. jollof rice needs stew and steam to cook and therefore if you per-boil your rice, it might end up soggy and unable to consume after cooking

**after adding rice, why dd u cover it wid foil and not the pot cover--- foil helps it to steam quicker without burning

also its not as red as the party jollof rice...do they add colour or what?-- it is actually really red, it my stupid camera that didn't bring out the colour.. Thanks for watching and I'm still waiting for you to subscribe oh.. lol moin-moin coming up shortly darling :-)

The food loooks yumcious...dnt think i would b patient to use fork and knife o grin grin grin

pls indulge me as i really need to learn ds..tired of kebabs and my own crap cooking undecided undecided undecided

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
I don't believe in allowing the rice to burn to get that party taste.. My reasons stated here:-

kevoh:
In bold face is the main reason. All this firewood talk has nothing to do with it.
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 8:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
I'm, gonna do moi-moi soon, stay tuned dear :-) :-) :-)

uzoexcel: also, do u have anything on moi-moi. especially the one that has fish inside..if u could do a vid on that, u ll be my person of the year...i really really reallly reallly miss my moi moi seriously cry cry cry
#bookmarkingUrpage

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by uzoexcel(m): 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2014
thanks for been patient..i subcribed on youtube...lemme do dat on ur page
is the secret of party rice, 'burning'?? shocked
[quote author=saiprojects][/quote]
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2014
No worries, the secret to party jollof rice is not burning.. burning adds that smell to it but trust me adding fresh thyme and bay leaves to your Jollof rice gives it the party flavour. I've seen your subscription, thanks for the support :-)

uzoexcel: thanks for been patient..i subcribed on youtube...lemme do dat on ur page
is the secret of party rice, 'burning'?? shocked

1 Like

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by zendy: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
wink
Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by MissyDee: 7:32am On Aug 15, 2015
For Authentic party jollof rice use Green pepper and bay leaf. See how it's done here: http://www.dobbyssignature.com/2013/12/nigerian-party-jollof-rice-recipe.html

kingston247:
I am a very good cook and I use to wonder how come I cook my jellof rice at home and it never never taste like DAT party jellof rice.even though I tried all d recipe mentioned above its never the same...but until I tried something new....and dats the secret.......

Its simply the pot used....
The party rice pot its not same like the one at home..

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
http://saiprojectscooking..co.uk/2013/02/jollof-rice-with-peri-peri-chicken-and.html
saiprojects:
HI NAIARALANDERS,

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2015
Sunday's are jollof days... Do you agree with me?

http://saiprojectscooking..co.uk/2015/08/happy-world-jollof-rice-day.html

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2016

Re: Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) by saiprojects(f): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy / Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) / Well Packaged Nigerian Dishes..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.