Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45417 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ChristLight: 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
It may not happen to you or i! But it might happen to our friends, relation or loved ones..... Think about your career that will be on hold, your children runnin here and there just to be safe, think about your wife/husband, think about your colleagues, think about your parents...
You Hausa man/woman, think of what will become of your Igbo and Yoruba friends, neigbhours, customers, and maybe Inlaws!!!
Then ask yourselves again; IS THIS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT?
Even if we must split; it should be done peacefully
Pls if any of you have any picture of war victims pls add up....
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

151 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ChristLight: 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
RWANDA

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 5:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry

46 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ChristLight: 5:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
BIAFRAN WAR

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by oduastates: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
The people beating the drums of war are the
North,South east and south south.
Ask yourself,
Why should odua states fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.

153 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by IGBOSON1: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
I don't know why peeps think anyone asking for equity, justice, meritocracy, regional economic independence, and a level playing field for all......why anyone asking for all these is misconstrued as the person asking for war!

You should rather aim your rebuke at those who threaten war when any of the above are agitated for!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-bA9FYB8HY

91 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ChristLight: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
oduastates: The people beating the drums of war are the
Ask yourself,
Why does odua states have to fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.
We are all guilty one way or the other including people from South West.

45 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by IGBOSON1: 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ask yourself,
Why does odua states have to fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.

^^^Can you refer me to where Ndigbo have threatened war on others! Don't confuse the determination to protect oneself and his rights with the beating of war drums!

130 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by IGBOSON1: 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
ChristLight: We are all guilty one way or the other including people from South West.

^^^Guilty of what?

6 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
Did that child die sucking his mother's bossom? Oh lord Jesus!

embarassed embarassed

10 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by atlwireles: 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
Is this not what we have now? Why not post pictures of the NE/NW/NC where boko haram is on a killing mission. The war is here already, your side of line has just not been bombed yet.

46 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ChristLight: 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Guilty of what?
Inter tribal hatred.... And that my friend is the first step to civil war.

24 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ChristLight: 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
atlwireles: Is this not what we have now? Why not post pictures of the NE/NW/NC where boko haram is on a killing mission. The war is here already, your side of line has just not been bombed yet.
And u are sittin in the comfort of your room or Office typing!!! I don't think u have an idea of what war is... Boko haram is just a terrorist crisis.

25 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by bestower: 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
He who starts the war doesnt know how it will end.let peace reign in nigeria and the world.

29 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by IGBOSON1: 6:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
ChristLight: Inter tribal hatred.... And that my friend is the first step to civil war.

^^^Listen to yourself! How can you force someone to love someone else; especially when he's of the firm belief that the other person hates him back.....and he has the scars to prove it!?

In any case, this 'hatred' you allude to is a consequence or symptom of a dysfunctional society; a society where the rights and freedoms of a people (as enumerated in my previous post) are denied them! The 'hatred' is not a causal factor but a symptom of a much deeper problem!

25 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
Yes, war is bad and disastrous; OP, war is also a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful means of settlement. If every peaceful move in resolving our current challenges has proven abortive, I'm afraid, I won't object war. If I live, I live; if I die, I die.

43 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
berem: Did that child die sucking his mother's bossom? Oh lord Jesus!

embarassed embarassed

makes you want to pick up a rifle and shoot somebody. Doesn't it.

6 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by aryzgreat: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ask yourself,

What are u waiting for?

13 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

makes you want to pick up a rifle and shoot somebody. Doesn't it.
maybe I have to shoot you. I can't stand being quoted by a devil's advocate.

17 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Sealeddeal(m): 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Yes, war is bad and disastrous; OP, war is also a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful means of settlement. If every peaceful move in resolving our current challenges has proven abortive, I'm afraid, I won't object war. If I live, I live; if I die, I die.
if i hear!
See you talking tough. E-fighter.
Actually,when it is online,everybody is ready to die but physically,only few can do as they claim.

73 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by atlwireles: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
ChristLight: And u are sittin in the comfort of your room or Office typing!!! I don't think u have an idea of what war is... Boko haram is just a terrorist crisis.

I will allow your imagination run wild, about how comfortable I am. Boko haram is terrorist group and war is what??

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
berem: maybe I have to shoot you. I can't stand being quoted by a devil's advocate.

If you see me in real life,(in your dreams), shooting me will be the last thing on your mind.

10 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by colinisation: 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Listen to yourself! How can you force someone to love someone else; especially when he's of the firm belief that the other person hates him back.....and he has the scars to prove it!?

In any case, this 'hatred' you allude to is a consequence or symptom of a dysfunctional society; a society where the rights and freedoms of a people (as enumerated in my previous post) are denied them! The 'hatred' is not a causal factor but a symptom of a much deeper problem!

I dont mean to be insulting but I have to ask what is the point of all you said?

The OP was talking in general not just about Igbo's or any specific ethnic group.

As you rightly say this "hatred" is based upon a dysfunctional society, does that mean it is justified? Or we find peaceful means of fixing our broken society. All ethnic groups (PEOPLE) in this country have the scars to prove the country is not working, this hatred we bear each other is based on the assumption that there is not enough to go round so we must fight with each other for every scrap. I am half Yoruba and half Igbo my mom is Lagosian born and bred. If she hears bombing in the North "Oh those northerners / muslims are killing themselves again *mtchew*", fighting in Lagos "I bet you its those Ibadan people they dont know how to behave".

Point I am trying to make is we are all wounded in this country (some more than others - I think the civil war was the greatest single tragedy) but we unnecessarily hate each other when we are all just fighting to stay alive. This hatred is not only unjustified, its a lazy way of pinning our problems on others, it achieves nothing and only leads to more death.

64 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by tinkinjow: 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
There is no real beating of the drums of war in this Nigeria. What you may call war drummings are simply calls by regions to be allowed to take their affairs into their hands.
Those who are beating the real war drums are those opposed to these calls....and I think you know who they are

Are you one of them?
I hate it when I hear pips always trying to equate genuine agitation as call for war

33 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

If you see me in real life,(in your dreams), shooting me will be the last thing on your mind.
I have nothing to do with a devil talkless of seeing you in real life.

10 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by docsholz(m): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
We make war so we may live in peace, I'd rather be at war than live in a state of Fear and when i say fear i don't mean bh, i mean d fear of ethnic cleansing( if tribal hate on this site is anything to go by)

3 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by fr3do(m): 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
I need new drumsticks, these ones are worn.

6 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Kalvan: 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
ChristLight: And u are sittin in the comfort of your room or Office typing!!! I don't think u have an idea of what war is... Boko haram is just a terrorist crisis.

Aren't people being killed though?! Stuwpid Yigbo.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ChristLight: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
docsholz: We make war so we may live in peace, I'd rather be at war than live in a state of Fear and when i say fear i don't mean bh, i mean d fear of ethnic cleansing( if tribal hate on this site is anything to go by)
Be careful about wat u wish 4 urself... U can defend urlself, but can ur junior ones, father, mother, ur children or even ur grandchildren defend themselves?

15 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by texanomaly(f): 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
berem: Did that child die sucking his mother's bossom? Oh lord Jesus!

embarassed embarassed

I think the mother may be dead. Not the child. Either way it is not an easy pic to look upon. I hope everyone will take a long hard look though.

Civil war is not something that will be watched on TV from the comfort of your sofa. It will be fought in the streets of your neighborhoods and in your homes. Friends, neighbors and loved ones will be killed before your eyes and the eyes of your children. Noise from gunfire and explosions will shake the walls of your houses and destroy your cities.

All will live in fear for their lives and the lives of their loved ones. Fear and uncertainty will be the waking thought and reality of civilians on both sides.

This will not be a war fought by faceless soldiers. It will be fought by your brother, your sister, your mother and your father. It will come crashing through your homes and the homes of those you love. No one will be safe.

48 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ChristLight: 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
Kalvan:

Aren't people being killed though?! Stuwpid Yigbo.
is there a need 4 the insult? Grow up boy.

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Video: Pat Utomi Boldly Say To Buhari To Keep Quiet If He Has Nothing To Say / Stunning Photo Of Zahra Buhari And Her Father / Ahmed Indimi In A Private Jet With Other Nigerian Bilionaire Children (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.