Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:12 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45373 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by snaiper: 12:07am On Jul 27, 2014
why can"t Nigeria split so that the power crazed buffaloes should go and preside over their territories,instead of drawing us back with their attrocities?
na by force to be together
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Jasi7(m): 12:07am On Jul 27, 2014
texanomaly:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. ~Abraham Lincoln.

Shirt....babe u really enter dis guy wit dis one o.... grin grin....dat guy nid to go bury him head for shame!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by spikesC(m): 12:08am On Jul 27, 2014
chinziaski: I think our parents are giving birth to more stupid children than we had those days. If you were born from 1965 upwards, please shut up! You don't know anything about fighting your neighbour, you sing typing rubbish! If we start fighting wars now, who will be your target? Igbo against yoruba? Yoruba against hausa? Hausa against igbo, fulani against nupe? Ijaw against itsekiri? Kids of nowadays are so stu.pid and they just don't know what war is all about. My dad had to carry us, running from one local government to the other. Running in the bush, killing different kinds of wild animals. You think you fought cult fights, secondary school ode fights, street fights, etc and you think you can fight war? Talk to a soldier in maiduguri anyhow and see if he won't release bullets in your body, stu.pid kids. You have your smelling fathers that cheated you, input hate in your minds. Few men putting hates in your hearts and you come here forming loyalist to your tribe. I swear, th.under should just strike some these kids here, Id.iots. Do you know how many family members were lost? War begets more hatred because in war, there is no victory, only varying degree of defeats! All of you should just get out and sleep. Ode! Warrior ko! Hulk hogan ni!

Looking at your profile pix, you're definitely not up to 27years old. But make i just dash you 30years
So, when did you experience the war grin
In your dreams? grin
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 12:10am On Jul 27, 2014
faithzy: cow...cos my family aint here...cow...
"Never argue with idiots they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience—Edmund Murphy
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by rattlesnake(m): 12:11am On Jul 27, 2014
GodMode:

I don't believe in the bible. The bible is just a story book that was written by wise people.
If u read my comment well u'll notice I wrote "bible" and not Creator(the one humans call God).
OK the Bibile does not need your BELIEVE to be BELIEVED smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Perfecter4real(m): 12:11am On Jul 27, 2014
kendrick93: if it is by goin to war dat will bring peace and all dis rubbish tribalism against one tribe and also to hav a better lyf then so be it.. i hate cowards who cnt confront issues instead trying to make peace all because of fear..
whether we lyk it or nt everyone goin to die so wats d point of being a coward..i will rather die as a hero fighting dan being a coward
Be careful what u wish for because all what i see here is a real coward speaking.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emmatok(m): 12:11am On Jul 27, 2014
chinziaski: I think our parents are giving birth to more stupid children than we had those days. If you were born from 1965 upwards, please shut up! You don't know anything about fighting your neighbour, you sing typing rubbish! If we start fighting wars now, who will be your target? Igbo against yoruba? Yoruba against hausa? Hausa against igbo, fulani against nupe? Ijaw against itsekiri? Kids of nowadays are so stu.pid and they just don't know what war is all about. My dad had to carry us, running from one local government to the other. Running in the bush, killing different kinds of wild animals. You think you fought cult fights, secondary school ode fights, street fights, etc and you think you can fight war? Talk to a soldier in maiduguri anyhow and see if he won't release bullets in your body, stu.pid kids. You have your smelling fathers that cheated you, input hate in your minds. Few men putting hates in your hearts and you come here forming loyalist to your tribe. I swear, th.under should just strike some these kids here, Id.iots. Do you know how many family members were lost? War begets more hatred because in war, there is no victory, only varying degree of defeats! All of you should just get out and sleep. Ode! Warrior ko! Hulk hogan ni!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Easy1401(m): 12:11am On Jul 27, 2014
Godforbid war in Nigeria, we reject war in Nigeria in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by manny4life(m): 12:11am On Jul 27, 2014
What a wonderful thread!

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Jasi7(m): 12:11am On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=0rlando0woh]Fool

Did u hv to call him that....y r u so childish man?....cant u make ur own comment without being sarcastic....u dey fvck up!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ElPhenomenal(m): 12:13am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: The International community will declare no fly zone and all including the lootocrats will witness the war angry
then we pray
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by EasternLeopard: 12:14am On Jul 27, 2014
OPC to the rescue
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Perfecter4real(m): 12:14am On Jul 27, 2014
0rlando0woh: Fool there are worse pictures than that right now in northern Nigeria yet you are looking for examples in other countries and wars that happened decades ago. One is going on right now in front of your nose, get us pictures of that.
Typical Nigerian!
That is how they are quick to remind you of what is happening in South sudan after separation meanwhile the death and displace persons statistics in Northern Nigerian is far worse than what is obtainable in south sudan, yet your ignore yours and look far away.
I can only see one fool here and Guess who? You.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by GodMode: 12:16am On Jul 27, 2014

You said

chinziaski:
If you were born from 1965 upwards

Then you also said

chinziaski:
You have your smelling fathers that cheated you, input hate in your minds. Few men putting hates in your hearts and you come here forming loyalist to your tribe

Wouldn't the fathers be born before 1965.. U were not even alive then..

The truth
Nigeria will disintegrate eventually... But it has to do it peacefully and mutually. My reasons are:

There is no equality in the current Nigeria.
There are various tribes staying together without laws against tribalists.
e.t.c

It has to be peaceful and mutual cos there are some people that might gain if it happens violently and it also needs to stop those people from spoiling the relationship.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Jasi7(m): 12:18am On Jul 27, 2014
victord1st:

Igbos are natural explorers,even after the break up (if there will be any) u will still see igbos in all regions no matter how harsh the conditions might be.
Search the entire world and tell me where on earth u wont find us doing great things.

You ain't making sense with this ur comment.

Abeg help me tell dat Tonzo....e b like say him no knw
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 1stola: 12:23am On Jul 27, 2014
ChristLight: It may not happen to you or i! But it might happen to our friends, relation or loved ones..... Think about your career that will be on hold, your children runnin here and there just to be safe, think about your wife/husband, think about your colleagues, think about your parents...
You Hausa man/woman, think of what will become of your Igbo and Yoruba friends, neigbhours, customers, and maybe Inlaws!!!
Then ask yourselves again; IS THIS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT?
Even if we must split; it should be done peacefully
Pls if any of you have any picture of war victims pls add up....
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

YES!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 27, 2014
Feraz: As usual, the Igbos are being pointed as the one agitating for war. People killing up north for no just cause aren't beating the drums of war, it is only those who hustle and travel every part of Nigeria to make a living that are beating the drums of war; the people that riot for something happening in another continent, going as far as burning, killing and maiming people aren't agitating for war right? Typical of certain Nairalanders. The OP raised salient issues and most have started pointing accusing fingers.

Kabba7, have you invested down east and you were chased out? You open your mouth to accuse a certain people of wanting to take over your land; when someone sees opportunities in your land that you can't see, do you blame the person? Typical you! Always ready to pin his problems on others.

As expected, it's turned tribal... undecided
i don't know what this thread is about but i give 1M likes for this post. Dangote has invested in all the regions of Nigeria except southeast,the same with wealthy yorubas. If they so believe in one nigeria why avoid south east. On the other hand, igbos invested heavily on every part of this country. Igbos have always pushed and still pushing for one nigeria, but not a nigeria where they are not accepted. Declaration of biafra was a struggle to survive in a 'country' that wanted their extinction. If that war wasn't fought, may be we would have become puppets in the present Nigeria.
So, anyone accusing igbos of beating drums of war should first x-ray how Nigeria is structured before coming to such conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 360command: 12:24am On Jul 27, 2014
ElPhenomenal: If war start ehn,me no fit die for any rubbish oo,will rather carry my kush n head 2 Ghana
na there u go fear ghana,dat time u go no say nothing like ecowas dey again. Wen gana collabo with Togo and Benin to stop or reduce the intake of naijas into Ghana, na there u go no say migrating no easy. Wen u try push com ghana kan enter AFLAO, na there dem go put Refugee camp throw u inside. Wen u dey refugee camp,na 2 thing involve, is either u wait make govt clear u or u get guys for ghana wey fit pay their way through. Omo, I reject war. I no go b refugee for another man land. I spit on this thread ! This no go happen lai lai.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by jpphilips(m): 12:25am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry

Ironically, the men who re creating the ''polity'' you wish to die for have estates abroad and the means to get there in milli seconds while you loose every breathing lineage of yours, re u not a f00l?
Ask the Ibos after war and famine ravaged their generations, was Ojukwu anywhere to be found?
Ok! Case you dont know, he ran to ivory coast where he tripled his concubines and left what is left of biafra for Effiong to salvage.

Now tell me, that history of yours is less than 60yrs old, wont it be a curse to the day u were concieved if you fail to learn from your past?

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by TamzyTamudo: 12:25am On Jul 27, 2014
shinel: Nothing in your kitty to be proud of, because definately you are not one of the best brains! Your comment sucks! You need IELTS training materials.
really do the needful by getting them for me,wondering why you find the truth so bitter like dis broda,u really need wise up to see notice things.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by lymelyte(m): 12:26am On Jul 27, 2014
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 1stola: 12:26am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Yes, war is bad and disastrous; OP, war is also a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful means of settlement. If every peaceful move in resolving our current challenges has proven abortive, I'm afraid, I won't object war. If I live, I live; if I die, I die.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 12:28am On Jul 27, 2014
jpphilips:

Ironically, the men who re creating the ''polity'' you wish to die for have estates abroad and the means to get there in milli seconds while you loose every breathing lineage of yours, re u not a f00l?
Ask the Ibos after war and famine ravaged their generations, was Ojukwu anywhere to be found?
Ok! Case you dont know, he ran to ivory coast where he tripled his concubines and left what is left of biafra for Effiong to salvage.

Now tell me, that history of yours is less than 60yrs old, wont it be a curse to the day u were concieved if you fail to learn from your past?
When it will start will take everybody unawares and International community will declare no fly zone as it was done in Lybia. And the lootocrats will all witness the war cool
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by apolonius(m): 12:29am On Jul 27, 2014
There is a pathway to enduring peace: let Mr Jonathan justify the vast resources he has been given but looted to deal decisively with these evil terrorists,keep us safe as his mandate requires,and avoid the kind of desperate re-election politics he is playing.

More than any other thing,it is Jonathan's clueless and incompetent leadership that is keeping Nigeria's unity vulnerable and driving it to war.

About 1 Trillion Naira given him to fight Boko Haram this year alone and?The deaths continue unstopped!

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 12:31am On Jul 27, 2014
0rlando0woh: Fool there are worse pictures than that right now in northern Nigeria yet you are looking for examples in other countries and wars that happened decades ago. One is going on right now in front of your nose, get us pictures of that.
Typical Nigerian!
That is how they are quick to remind you of what is happening in South sudan after separation meanwhile the death and displace persons statistics in Northern Nigerian is far worse than what is obtainable in south sudan, yet your ignore yours and look far away.

[size=28pt]When you see war you will know the difference from war and crisis. If you want to know more quote me back and I will give you detailed information about war and terrorist attacks and wait for you to choose one.[/size]
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emiye(m): 12:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Hutu tribe VS Tutsi tribe wars in Rwanda and Burundi is a good case study. It is well documented, people need to understand what war is truly is, and if it is truly what they want. War is a last resort.

I see lots of taunts, hate and tribal bigotry displayed on nairaland, and many think they are catching fun, But i think they fail to understand that discourse especially involving politics, ethnicity and religion on sites like nairaland, and many others is a mould for the voice of the youths and the people on the streets, it might appear like harmless fun, but the more it spreads, taking into cognisance this age of social media and broadcast channels, one day , a seemingly detached event will trigger it. An assassination of a buhari or jonathan in the current heated up polity might be the trigger of a civil war.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by IGBOSON1: 12:34am On Jul 27, 2014
jpphilips:

^^^You're not making any sense......all in a bid to get in a dig at Ikemba! Where did the guy you quoted say he wants to die for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by InvertedHammer: 12:34am On Jul 27, 2014
/
@OP:

War is not like a wrestling or boxing match that comes with ads and promotions.

My biggest surprise is the fact that you are not aware that war has already started.

All die an die

\

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by texanomaly(f): 12:35am On Jul 27, 2014
macof: I still don't get why humans are afraid of war...every great change like the changing of the ridiculous state Europeans left Africa would surely need blood to cleans.
Many won't get it, but an opened eyes would see Nigeria isn't working, it never has and would never work.
A total disintegration is the only path to any better future

Whether Igbo, Hausa, fulani, Efik or ijaw want war against the Yoruba, they would get it. We certainly aren't the trouble markers

And while you and the other war mongering brotherhood are fighting each other, some other country will step in and take over. Then you can all hate each other under a new regime.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Ayesman(m): 12:36am On Jul 27, 2014
oduastates: The people beating the drums of war are the
North,South east and south south.
Ask yourself,
Why should odua states fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.

This flag so much look alike with of Israel, just a slight difference.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by wickyyolo: 12:40am On Jul 27, 2014
The problem is that we don't learn from history. South sudan thought they'd be living good as soon they seperated. But now they can't sleep with their 2 eyes closed. Learn from history.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by spikesC(m): 12:41am On Jul 27, 2014
emiye: Hutu tribe VS Tutsi tribe wars in Rwanda and Burundi is a good case study. It is well documented, people need to understand what war is truly is, and if it is truly what they want. War is a last resort.

I see lots of taunts, hate and tribal bigotry displayed on nairaland, and many think they are catching fun, But i think they fail to understand that discourse especially involving politics, ethnicity and religion on sites like nairaland, and many others is a mould for the voice of the youths and the people on the streets, it might appear like harmless fun, but the more it spreads, taking into cognisance this age of social media and broadcast channels, one day , a seemingly detached event will trigger it. An assassination of a buhari or jonathan in the current heated up polity might be the trigger of a civil war.

Tell this to Seun Osewa, he still does not want to do anything about it.
The traffic is so much more important to him

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Abba Moro Wins Benue South Senate Seat, Replaces David Mark after 20 years / Only 3 States Generate IGR More Than Allocation From FAAC — Dr Ayawei / Caption This Photo Oyegun And Tinubu At Book Presentation On Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.