Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45403 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by nagoma(m): 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
frankben: I'm fûcking ready to go to war!!

I fought the civil war from 1967-1970... I killed many and i'm willing to kill again grin grin grin

May be it's your time to go.

Your are now at least 70yrs old and you have learnt nothing.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by GodMode: 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
cliffm43: IF THE IGBO'S ARE UNITED AND NOT SABOTAGING ONE ANOTHER,BIAFRA SHOULD HAVE STAYED LONG AGO..NIGERIA IS NOT ONE,IGBO PEOPLE HAVE BEEN INSULTED SO MUCH IN EVERY PART OF NIGERIA,,,,WAR OR NO WAR PHYSICALLY,BUT NIGERIA IS AT WAR SINCE 1960,THAT WHY HAUSA CLAIMS THAT THEY ARE BORN TO RULE IN NIGERIA,..YORUBA'S ARE LIKE SNAKE,YOU CAN'T TRUST THEM,BECAUSE THEY ARE READY TO BETRAY YOU......ANYWAY,I BLAME IGBOS FOR LACK OF UNITY..THE ONLY ONE NIGERIA IS IGBO'S......HOW MANY HAUSA MAN BUILD HOUSE IN IGBO-LAND?HOW MANY YORUBA MAN BUILD HOUSE IN IGBO-LAND?ASK YOURSELF..THERE WILL BE NO PEACE IN NIGERIA TILL EVERYONE GO..BOKO HARAM IS KILLING EVERYONE EVERYDAY....WE ARE AT WAR ALREADY

The igbos started a war they could not control. The Igbos brought death and starvation upon themselves. The Igbos killed both Hausas, Yorubas, other tribes I don't of .e.t.c.
Go and read about the civil war before commenting rubbish..

The ugly truth is the Igbos have themselves to blame... so other tribes are not to blame for the happenings of the civil war...

4 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
It's either most of you are feigning ignorance, or Nigerians are just generally selfish, and insensitive to other people's plight.

Isn't there a war currently going on in that country, with boko haram attacks?

This is the google images link of what's going on in Nigeria: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=boko+haram+attacks&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=qCPUU8LfGe2f7AbIxIGYBA&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1252&bih=602

^^Pray tell me that isn't a war. Oh, because it doesn't affect you directly, the country is peaceful, no?

Smh @ these mofos getting emotional about war pictures, and screaming peace - when there's a war currently going on in the same country. It's a only a matter of time before it spreads to other parts of the country undecided

3 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by texanomaly(f): 11:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
cliffm43: IF THE IGBO'S ARE UNITED AND NOT SABOTAGING ONE ANOTHER,BIAFRA SHOULD HAVE STAYED LONG AGO..NIGERIA IS NOT ONE,IGBO PEOPLE HAVE BEEN INSULTED SO MUCH IN EVERY PART OF NIGERIA,,,,WAR OR NO WAR PHYSICALLY,BUT NIGERIA IS AT WAR SINCE 1960,THAT WHY HAUSA CLAIMS THAT THEY ARE BORN TO RULE IN NIGERIA,..YORUBA'S ARE LIKE SNAKE,YOU CAN'T TRUST THEM,BECAUSE THEY ARE READY TO BETRAY YOU......ANYWAY,I BLAME IGBOS FOR LACK OF UNITY..THE ONLY ONE NIGERIA IS IGBO'S......HOW MANY HAUSA MAN BUILD HOUSE IN IGBO-LAND?HOW MANY YORUBA MAN BUILD HOUSE IN IGBO-LAND?ASK YOURSELF..THERE WILL BE NO PEACE IN NIGERIA TILL EVERYONE GO..BOKO HARAM IS KILLING EVERYONE EVERYDAY....WE ARE AT WAR ALREADY

If you are so eager to go to war why not fight BH. They are the real enemy of all tribes. Fight one war at a time. Maybe if the nation can come together to fight this real threat it could have a bonding effect.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Gynacologist(m): 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Yes, war is bad and disastrous; OP, war is also a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful means of settlement. If every peaceful move in resolving our current challenges has proven abortive, I'm afraid, I won't object war. If I live, I live; if I die, I die.
ur ryt.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
MzMariah: Can't access my mail.

We use the alternative mail then. How about that?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Lanceslot(m): 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
dhammyg:
ANIMAL!BACK TO UR CAVE.HUMAN BEINGS ARE DISCUSSING,ANIMAL TOO IS TALKING.U ANIMALS OF NOWADAYS!!!!!
I'm very sorry for your parents.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by GodMode: 11:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
oluwafestus: . Pls no vex o, what is ur definition of WAR?

Stop asking foolish questions because u're living in SW and because the media and newspapers in SW are not reporting the full details about what's going on in the North does not mean Northern Nigeria is not at war.

If a part of Nigeria is shaking then the whole country is also shaking... Its just time that will tell.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by oduastates: 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Can you refer me to where Ndigbo have threatened war on others! Don't confuse the determination to protect oneself and his rights with the beating of war drums!

You have not been paying attention.
Mocking other people's religion,
Interfering with local politics ,
Interfering with royal traditions.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by spikesC(m): 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
oluwafestus: Pls no vex o, what is ur definition of WAR?

Why i go vex, i am here for a mature debate cool

War is an organized and often prolonged conflict that is carried out by states or non-state actors. It is generally characterised by extreme violence, social disruption and economic destruction. War should be understood as an actual, intentional and widespread armed conflict between political communities, and therefore is defined as a form of political violence or intervention. The set of techniques used by a group to carry out war is known as warfare. An absence of war is usually called peace.

From wikipedia

This is the definition of peace
Peace is an occurrence of harmony characterized by lack of violence, conflict behaviors and the freedom from fear of violence. Commonly understood as the absence of hostility and retribution, peace also suggests sincere attempts at reconciliation, the existence of healthy or newly healed interpersonal or international relationships, prosperity in matters of social or economic welfare, the establishment of equality, and a working political order that serves the true interests of all.

wikipedia

Now tell me, what is happening in Nigeria since the amalgamation cool
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by confusion247(m): 11:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
oduastates: The people beating the drums of war are the
North,South east and south south.
Ask yourself,
Why does odua states have to fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.
Yorubas don't have to fight a war because they are cowards.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by pascalmilan11(m): 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
there is already
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by spikesC(m): 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
texanomaly:

If you are so eager to go to war why not fight BH. They are the real enemy of all tribes. Fight one war at a time. Maybe if the nation can come together to fight this real threat it could have a bonding effect.

The war started before bokoharam and the war is not about bokoharam.
I wonder why people keep mentioning BH here.

Were there not tribal conflicts and mass killing before BH kicked off?

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by pascalmilan11(m): 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
there is war already

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by GodMode: 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
confusion247:

You mean the "cowards" that kept the igbos from getting past Ore.

You mean the "cowards" that initiated an idea that affected a whole tribe.

If that's the case, u better not fight against "cowards" cos they'll make it seem like they're scared, only to return and think beyond your comprehension and sting like a bee.

It is better to fight against a brave fool than to fight against a wise coward.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by vislabraye(m): 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
War is not jamboree oh !! Many people here were not born during the civil war. May be they should ask their parents or uncles. There are people still suffering from the aftermath of the last civil war.

That is why people should condemn the activities of BH. I am surprised that some sects were quick to condemn the killing of the Palestines by the Israeli. This is just crazy. It tells you that these people support the killings by BH and all the atrocities. That's the propblem we have in this country.

No body has the monopoly over violence.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by spikesC(m): 11:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx: It's either most of you are feigning ignorance, or Nigerians are just generally selfish, and insensitive to other people's plight.

This is the google images link of what's going on in Nigeria: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=boko+haram+attacks&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=qCPUU8LfGe2f7AbIxIGYBA&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1252&bih=602

^^Pray tell me that isn't a war. Oh, because it doesn't affect you directly, the country is peaceful, no?

Smh @ these mofos getting emotional about war pictures, and screaming peace - when there's a war currently going on in the same country. It's a only a matter of time before it spreads to other parts of the country undecided

Tell them pls. Nigerians keep living in denial.
The number of people killed in tribal and religious conflicts since the amalgamation has surpassed the war in Rwanda, Sudan and Somalia.

The only difference is that, they, know that they are at war and strive to save themselves, but Nigerians are totally ignorant about this, therefore putting themselves at greater risk

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Gaystar(m): 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
We must do everything within our limits avoid war and any thing that could trigger it, I'm a very emotional person and I pity people a lot. We must not fight cos it will spell doom for the whole of Africa and not just Nigeria.
I know we all want peace but there seems to be so much injustice in our land right now. So many of us have prayed and even fasted to bring about change in our land and nothing seems to be working at the moment.
Our destiny is now in our hands and we must do whatever we can to bring address the present situation or else posterity will not judge us well...
God bless Nigeria.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emmatok(m): 11:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx: It's either most of you are feigning ignorance, or Nigerians are just generally selfish, and insensitive to other people's plight.

Bros, whats going on now is not actually the real war.

I remember Ikeja Cantonment bomb blast and how 1000 people died in a day, if that event(Ikeja Cantonment bomb blast) continue for just one month, imaging what will happen.

Nigeria is not in real war situation yet, surprisingly people are still doing business and going to parties in the BOILING NORTH.

When war start everything stops for survival.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by TamzyTamudo: 11:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=GodMode]/quote]. how will you say the igbos started the war they couldn't control,well the truth remains the igbos were killed,marginalised,betrayed and forcefully placed in a union they don't want to be,u envious haters did so many atrocious tins to the children of God and today what does ur people have to show for it? Nothing but agberos and omo oniles but this same people u massacred in mass keep producing the best brains in nigeria and africa as a whole,not bragging but the fact now his the igbo tribe is the most civilised and developed tribe in dis poo called nigeria. So In conclusion the igbos started no war but they only accepted barbaric people as their own and those people later tuned against them simple but I still pray for one nigeria just spewing out the truth though.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by gabicon: 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
well said
IGBOSON1: I don't know why peeps think anyone asking for equity, justice, meritocracy, regional economic independence, and a level playing field for all......why anyone asking for all these is misconstrued as the person asking for war!

You should rather aim your rebuke at those who threaten war when any of the above are agitated for!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by leo1234(m): 11:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
What did we achieve from the previous civil war?
Please let there be peace. We have a bright future.
If war start most of us no go see internet to comment on nairaland grin grin grin
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by IYANGBALI: 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
Yorubas and Hausas did not build houses in igbo land simply because you guys do not have enough land for yourselves and above all you guys are not accomodating in your place,unlike the 2 other tribes

4 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by omoadeleye(m): 11:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
confusion247:

oneday we shall all die, is either by sickness or accident or other tinx else, but killing each other is a way of being to hurry. you take another person life does not add to your one life, and anybody that kill with the sword will surely die by the sword, so no wahala for anybody that believe in the Gospel.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by shinel(f): 11:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
GodMode:

The igbos started a war they could not control. The Igbos brought death and starvation upon themselves. The Igbos killed both Hausas, Yorubas, other tribes I don't of .e.t.c.
Go and read about the civil war before commenting rubbish..

The ugly truth is the Igbos have themselves to blame... so other tribes are not to blame for the happenings of the civil war...
Well said!!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by leo1234(m): 11:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
oduastates:

Interfering with royal traditions.

Please explain.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emmatok(m): 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
leo1234: What did we achieve from the previous civil war?
Please let there be peace. We have a bright future.
If war start most of us no go see internet to comment on nairaland grin grin grin

NO mind them, dem still dey get MTN, GLO AND ETISALAT signals.
Make i see who go fit make call if war start.

Some countries have been fighting for decades and war has not corrected their injustice e.e Somalia and Sudan.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
emmatok:
Bros, whats going on now is not actually the real war.

I remember Ikeja Cantonment bomb blast and how 1000 people died in a day, if that event(Ikeja Cantonment bomb blast) continue for just one month, imaging what will happen.

Nigeria is not in real war situation yet, surprisingly people are still doing business and going to parties in the BOILING NORTH.

When war start everything stops for survival.

Bruv, that's a real right war. And I'm sure more than 100,000 people have been killed since it started.

Also, the longer it last, the more hardened those folks are going to get - and it's only a matter of time before it spreads to other parts of the country.

Nigerians honestly don't know what's about to hit them.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by eaglechild: 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
oduastates:
[s]
Interfering with royal traditions.[/s]

Please go to bed.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 11:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
Xano:

war is not a game played on playstation, xbox, nintendo,etc. Some have never been in one,but with their fingers, anonymous profile, they think its a video game. If any of you have(and listened to) relatives who fought during the war, relatives who ran for their lives, you will know peace is priceless. When you see and witness angry,vengeful men with machetes,guns after you. You will know. When your daily source of food are grass, cruel roast of bush meat, bats, pigeons,etc.
Don't be afraid unless you are among those in the lootocratic government of ours
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by GodMode: 11:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
TamzyTamudo: how will you
say the igbos started the war they couldn't
control,well the truth remains the igbos were
killed,marginalised,betrayed and forcefully placed
in a union they don't want to be,u envious haters
did so many atrocious tins to the children of God
and today what does ur people have to show for
it? Nothing but agberos and omo oniles but this
same people u massacred in mass keep
producing the best brains in nigeria and africa as
a whole,not bragging but the fact now his the
igbo tribe is the most civilised and developed
tribe in dis poo called nigeria. So In conclusion
the igbos started no war but they only accepted
barbaric people as their own and those people
later tuned against them simple but I still pray for
one nigeria just spewing out the truth though.

You have not read about the civil war and Nigeria's History... There was no northerner at the amalgamation of Nigeria according to what I've read, the North didn't want to be United.

Back to d civil war
Even from your comment or most people's comment.. Anyone that says or comments anything against igbos is a Yoruba person.

You seriously need to read about Nigerian history.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

So Amazing: See The World Biggest Snake Anaconda! @ Www.naijaboss.com / 2023 Presidential Election: Tinubu's Posters Spotted In Ikoyi, VI & Allen / Okorocha And Wife Seated On The Roof Of Their Car During The Campaign Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.