Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Experience On Refusal Of Some People To Pay Their Rent In Enugu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Experience On Refusal Of Some People To Pay Their Rent In Enugu. (677 Views)

"Buhari's Refusal To Sign Budget Based On Integrity & Sincerity" -- Ndume. / PR Expert Faults Buhari’s Refusal To Shake Hand With Female Ministers - Vanguard / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience On Refusal Of Some People To Pay Their Rent In Enugu. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
It is widely believed that Yoruba people hardly own landed property outside the South West and the North Central in Kogi and Kwara states. But I was stunned by a relation, a Yoruba who built a house in Enugu and put some of its apartments up for rentage. No sooner did he do this than he complained to us that some of his Igbo tenants hardly pay their rents, giving the flimsy excuse that the land was theirs that they won't pay rent to a visitor.
My question is, does this attitude not in a way threaten the constitutional provision that every Nigeria has the the right to own immovable property in any part of Nigeria?
Re: Experience On Refusal Of Some People To Pay Their Rent In Enugu. by Leibnitz: 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
Brb
Re: Experience On Refusal Of Some People To Pay Their Rent In Enugu. by cbrass(m): 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
The man went too far nw, there is no tribe as liberal as the yorubas and their cousins. The bset thing he should do is to take the matter to courth or better still sell the house
Re: Experience On Refusal Of Some People To Pay Their Rent In Enugu. by Leibnitz: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
K
Re: Experience On Refusal Of Some People To Pay Their Rent In Enugu. by gratiaeo(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: It is widely believed that Yoruba people hardly own landed property outside the South West and the North Central in Kogi and Kwara states. But I was stunned by a relation, a Yoruba who built a house in Enugu and put some of its apartments up for rentage. No sooner did he do this than he complained to us that some of his Igbo tenants hardly pay their rents, giving the flimsy excuse that the land was theirs that they won't pay rent to a visitor.
My question is, does this attitude not in a way threaten the constitutional provision that every Nigeria has the the right to own immovable property in any part of Nigeria?
Rubbish news. Pls can we see the picture of the house? Because Yoruba man can not build more than face me i face you

2 Likes

Re: Experience On Refusal Of Some People To Pay Their Rent In Enugu. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
Op looks pained from d computer village thread embarassed
Re: Experience On Refusal Of Some People To Pay Their Rent In Enugu. by doctokwus: 9:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
Does dis thread even make sense to u?U just opened a thread to criticise a tribe wt sth as mundane as yor tribesman building a house in anoda tribe's domain!
Some nlanders can be so nauseating.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Negotiate For Chibok Girls, Muslims Tell Sultan / Libya’s Islamic Militants ‘seize’ Benghazi, Declare It ‘emirate’ / Nations That Survive Without Militaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.