Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,537 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:28 PM

Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? (1613 Views)

(photo): When Your Boyfriend Says He Likes White Girls / Halima Abubakar's Cleavage-Baring Outfit To 'Black-Val' Premiere(photos) / I Refer Desperate Female Fans To My Unmarried Friends – Tuface Idibia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
By the time I was 11 years old my next-door neighbor, who was a few years older than me, had given me Nas’ 1996 It Was Written album. Knowing that the explicit content would send my mom in a fury if she found it, I insisted she keep it, but she refused to take it back. Frightened, I sneaked it into our two bedroom apartment to add to the rest of my mostly R&B music collection. When I eventually popped it in to my CD player, I was in awe. It was that moment I fell in love with Nas’ music — and more in love with hip-hop. That was 16 years ago.

For so many in my generation, hip-hop has served as the backdrop to our childhoods. Its appeal was not only the heart-pounding thump of the beats, or the coolness of the women and men rapping. Finally it seemed like someone was telling our story. Rap music spoke our language in a way nothing else did. It was the true essence of giving the voiceless a voice.

Since then, feminism has changed my relationship with my beloved hip-hop. As much as I love it, I hate how it treats women. Hip-hop and black women have an abusive relationship in a sense. Its lyrics advocate violence and sexual assault against women; and it often reduces us to gold-digging “hoes” unworthy of respect.

Hip-hop “brainwashed” by infatuation with white women

As I plow through Tom Burrell’s book, Brainwashed: Challenging the Myth of Black Inferiority, I think about how the black inferiority complex (BIC) plays out in pop culture and music, particularly rap.

One of the things that has become more prevalent in hip-hop is the adoration of white women, juxtaposed with its seeming hatred of black women in rap lyrics. Historically, white women had been off-limits for centuries — black men were literally lynched; killed for allegedly whistling at white women. Therefore, snagging a white woman was the ultimate slap in the oppressors’ face — a “look, I’ve made it and I have one of your women!” statement of sorts. Now, instead of rappers, en masse, toting white women on their arms, they parade them on wax.

Kanye West, whose music I happen to love dearly, has had a longtime obsession with the white aesthetic. His music tells the story better than I could. Visually, it has played out in his videos for songs like “Runaway” and “Monster.” Why did all the ballerinas in “Runaway” have to be white? In “Monster” we see the decapitated heads of white women hanging from ropes and rocking gold teeth. Most telling of his white girl fantasies was his cover art to MBDTF. But Kanye is far from alone in this line of thinking.

“My new young chick look exactly like Rihanna/A** like Nicki, but she yellow like Madonna.” – Meek Mill

“You know we keep that white girl/Christina Aguilera.” – Young Jeezy

“But I’ve been practicing with some actresses as bad as sh*t/And a few white girls, asses flat a sh*t/But the head so good, damn a n**ga glad he hit.” – Kanye West

“White girl, that Ricky Lake/That boy can’t feel his face.” – Rick Ross

“And now you b**ches that be hatin can catch a bouquet, oww/yeah, you a star in my eyes, you and all them white girls party of five.” – Drake

“I got that white girl, that Lindsay Lohan/And all you gotta do is ask Lindsay Lohan.” – Lil Wayne

“So just get you a white girl, don’t f**k with no black b**ch.” – 50 Cent

Granted, most of the verses aren’t as provocative as 50 Cent’s, and in a few of them, “white girl” is code for cocaine; but it’s interesting that the “white girl” nods are rarely paired with the same “b**ch,” “ho,” “gold-digger” and other slurs hurled at black women on the very same records. The adoration of one vs. the despising of the other is cause for concern. Yet as disturbing as it is, it’s not all the rappers’ fault. After hundreds of years of dehumanizing and conditioning, it makes sense that the BIC in the psyche of blacks would seep into rap music, which ironically, young whites are the largest consumers of.

Without romanticizing the “good ol’ days” of “real” hip-hop, I do miss the days when listening to commercial rap didn’t remind me of what society perpetuates: the degradation of black women. It’s not that I even have a problem with white girls or rappers wanting to be with them. I just want hip-hop to love its women — black women — the way we love it. In the same way we defend it to our last breath, write rebuttals about it not being the cause of society’s ills, I want the music to reciprocate that love. And at the very least, if it can’t do that it should not tear us down while putting the “white girls” on a pedestal.

Follow Bené Viera on twitter at @writtenbybene

http://thegrio.com/2012/06/19/raps-infatuation-with-white-girls-is-hurtful-to-black-female-fans/2/
Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
Interesting read.
Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nope!!...It shouldn't be..Only the ratchet LaKeisha's and Shukuana's, are the one's who are bothered by their male coons with inferiority complex going after the classeles white trashy THOTS, and leaving them missing out of their chances of becoming a baby mama and getting expensive monthly child support bills so to afford their Loius Vuitton bags and blonde weaves, because they feel threatened.

2 Likes

Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
glitest: Nope!!...It shouldn't be..Only the ratchet LaKeisha's and Shukuana's, are the one's who are bothered by their male coons with inferiority complex going after the classeles white trashy THOTS, and leaving them missing out of their chances of becoming a baby mama and getting expensive monthly child support bills so to afford their Loius Vuitton bags and blonde weaves, because they feel threatened.

Are you sure about that? grin

Don't tell me you don't feel a certain way when most of the chics in music videos are either Latina, or white, thus making them the standard of beauty.

Also, subconsciously these days, music videos have changed the mentality of most people about what beauty is about. Like the new craze about lighties.
Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx:

Are you sure about that? grin

Don't tell me you don't feel a certain way when most of the chics in music videos are either Latina, or white, thus making them the standard of beauty.

Also, subconsciously these days, music videos have changed the mentality of most people about what beauty is about. Like the new craze about lighties.

I like music, I just don't look up to video THOTs for my inspiration and standard of beauty, neither do i care for rappers/ men who are into such women...That's are what fashion magazines and celebrities are there for.

What I see when I watch a music video, are a bunch of girls who are thirsty for fame and money; Thus have to use their best assets by whoring themselves out, so as to obtain such lifestyle....I only pay attention mostly to the lyrics and that is why I prefer audio.

1 Like

Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
glitest:
I like music, I just not look up to video THOTs for my inspiration and standard of beauty, neither do i care for rappers/ men are into such women...Those are what fashion magazines and celebrities are there for.

What I see when I watch a music video, are bunch of girls who are thirsty for fame and money; Thus have to use their best assets, by whoring themselves out, so as to obtain such lifestyle....I only pay attention mostly to the lyrics and that is why I prefer audio.

Fair enough. However, not to sound cliche here, but when Pharrell released the video for his "Happy" tune, there was outcry by black women(academics, professionals, ratchet bums et al) about the lack of black women in the video. Ditto other rappers who don't really downgrade women.

Also, every time I check fashion magazines I don't see black women there...and even in Hollywood, you hardly see black women in the blockbuster movies. And the few who get the opportunity once in a blue mood always get airbrushed to look white with straight hair like what Zoe Saldana looks like in "Guardians of the Galaxy." Can you see a trend there?
Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx:

Fair enough. However, not to sound cliche here, but when Pharrell released the video for his "Happy" tune, there was outcry by black women(academics, professionals, ratchet bums et al) about the lack of black women in the video. Ditto other rappers who don't really downgrade women.

Also, every time I check fashion magazines I don't see black women there...and even in Hollywood, you hardly see black women in the blockbuster movies. And the few who get the opportunity once in a blue mood always get airbrushed to look white with straight hair like what Zoe Saldana looks like in "Guardians of the Galaxy." Can you see a trend there?

Over the recent years due to the out cry of racial discrimination, the amount of blacks featured on runways, fashion magazines, and movies, have seen some drastic improvement..( 3/4 ) years ago....Excluding music videos.

Although, blacks still do have a long way to go when it comes to getting equality and same treatment as the whites, but the respect blacks and treatment towards black's, has significantly increased.

After the economic meltdown in the US, blacks people went back to school, and majority of them were blacks...Most especially women, and most whites had to rely on education, after loosing all their savings and jobs...Which eventually balanced the level of letracy in the Us.

Apart from that...The level of fashion has changed...Blacks are no longer interested in the blue jeans and T-shirts; Most blacks you see today are either in a dress on very fashionable blouse and plants...Source:Social media

Race in the Fashion is getting diluted by the year; Most black stars now are beginning to introduce the more refined and classy look.Thanks to social media, designers are now beginning to embrace black stars and dress them, so as to appeal to the black audience...Which is clearly working.

Now we have black models getting endorsement deals with chanel, Gucci, Burberry, Mui mui etc.

Mind you, back in the 2000's, the only things most blacks could become famous, was only by music.
Hollywood was still very well segregated, and it was obvious. Blacks made movies which were only directed at black folks, and whites made movies whixh only appealed to the white audience. Same went for TV and magazines( I mean, the only black models were Tyra, Imam, and Noami).

That has changed, check out every recentTV shows, and there are atleast one black character that is been featured on TV; Same goes for big screen movies, because it makes them appeal to the black audience.

Interms of models:

I could tell Atleast 3 blacks are been featured on every high fashion runways . Source :Style.com

There is an increase of models who are now featured in vogue, Elle, Harpers bazaar and cosmopolitblack hollywood stars that are now been featued on there.

Example...Lupita appeared on this months US vogue cover, and was last months Elle magazine in France..That's omerhign a black could never have dreamt of getting in the Y2 k era.

As for the music industry.... That has also changed....During the Y2K era, most music videos did although consists of Latinos, veete few whites, but mostly towards black audience, but it now a reverse... Less blacks, some latinos, and mostly whites....Its a means to draw the white audience.
I actually do like it as is....Atleast we blacks can now able to use the term white trash.

White girls now get the boob jobs, big butts and spraying tanned skin to look darker, while most blacks now bleach, straightening their hair, and want to fit into a size double 0..Its a win win situation.

1 Like

Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
glitest:
Over the recent years due to the out cry of racial discrimination, the amount of blacks featured on runways, fashion magazines, and movies, have seen some drastic improvement..( 3/4 ) years ago....Excluding music videos.

Although, blacks still do have a long way to go when it comes to getting equality and same treatment as the whites, but the respect blacks and treatment towards black's, has significantly increased.

After the economic meltdown in the US, blacks people went back to school, and majority of them were blacks...Most especially women, and most whites had to rely on education, after loosing all their savings and jobs...Which eventually balanced the level of letracy in the Us.

Apart from that...The level of fashion has changed...Blacks are no longer interested in the blue jeans and T-shirts; Most blacks you see today are either in a dress on very fashionable blouse and plants...Source:Social media

Race in the Fashion is getting diluted by the year; Most black stars now are beginning to introduce the more refined and classy look.Thanks to social media, designers are now beginning to embrace black stars and dress them, so as to appeal to the black audience...Which is clearly working.

Now we have black models getting endorsement deals with chanel, Gucci, Burberry, Mui mui etc.

Mind you, back in the 2000's, the only things most blacks could become famous, was only by music.
Hollywood was still very well segregated, and it was obvious. Blacks made movies which were only directed at black folks, and whites made movies whixh only appealed to the white audience. Same went for TV and magazines( I mean, the only black models were Tyra, Imam, and Noami).

That has changed, check out every recentTV shows, and there are atleast one black character that is been featured on TV; Same goes for big screen movies, because it makes them appeal to the black audience.

Interms of models:

I could tell Atleast 3 blacks are been featured on every high fashion runways . Source :Style.com

There is an increase of models who are now featured in vogue, Elle, Harpers bazaar and cosmopolitblack hollywood stars that are now been featued on there.

Example...Lupita appeared on this months US vogue cover, and was last months Elle magazine in France..That's omerhign a black could never have dreamt of getting in the Y2 k era.

As for the music industry.... That has also changed....During the Y2K era, most music videos did although consists of Latinos, veete few whites, but mostly towards black audience, but it now a reverse... Less blacks, some latinos, and mostly whites....Its a means to draw the white audience.
I actually do like it as is....Atleast we blacks can now able to use the term white trash.

White girls now get the boob jobs, big butts and spraying tanned skin to look darker, while most blacks now bleach, straightening their hair, and want to fit into a size double 0..Its a win win situation.

Nah, Zoe Saldana isn't African American, but she's Afro-latino just as La La Anthony is. Black isn't just about African Americans. I honestly don't think anything has changed that much in the modelling world to be honest. The most popular black supermodels are still: Noami Campbell, Tyra, Selita Ebanks, Liya Kebede, Alek Wek - and with up and coming Chanel Imam. Then you have second tier ones on the fringes like: Jessica White, Jourdan Dunn et al. Still same ol same ol.

Also, I don't think anything has changed from the 90s and noughties, to be honest. That era also had: Grace Jones, Noami Campbell, Vanessa Williams, Iman, Tyra Banks, Kiara Kabukuru etc.. From this era, I can only point to Jourdan Dunn, Chanel Imam, and maybe Sessilee Lopez. The rest are just on the fringes.

As for Lupita, she's still in the limelight because of the success of "12 Years a Slave." I believe Precious from the "Precious" movie enjoyed the same limelight despite her size for some time. However, no one cares about her anymore. Two years from now, Lupita will be in the same space.
Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 27, 2014
shymexx:

Nah, Zoe Saldana isn't African American, but she's Afro-latino just as La La Anthony is. Black isn't just about African Americans. I honestly don't think anything has changed that much in the modelling world to be honest. The most popular black supermodels are still: Noami Campbell, Tyra, Selita Ebanks, Liya Kebede, Alek Wek - and with up and coming Chanel Imam. Then you have second tier ones on the fringes like: Jessica White, Jourdan Dunn et al. Still same ol same ol.

Also, I don't think anything has changed from the 90s and noughties, to be honest. That era also had: Grace Jones, Noami Campbell, Vanessa Williams, Iman, Tyra Banks, Kiara Kabukuru etc.. From this era, I can only point to Jourdan Dunn, Chanel Imam, and maybe Sessilee Lopez. The rest are just on the fringes.

As for Lupita, she's still in the limelight because of the success of "12 Years a Slave." I believe Precious from the "Precious" movie enjoyed the same limelight despite her size for some time. However, no one cares about her anymore. Two years from now, Lupita will be in the same space.

I get the fact that there might have been little to no changes interms of featuring black's on the cover of high fashion magazines, nor the little to inprovement of black folks on the big screen, but when it comes to the fashion industry at large?.........there have been a significant amount of change for black folks.

Entertainment Industry:

Try comparing shows from the Y2k era. Take a look at shows like Law and Order, xfiles, passions, Sunset beach, General hospital etc ....where most of the cast were almost whites, or if not 100% whites; Now compare that to that of today's favoutire TV shows such as Scandals, orange is the new black etc...Aren't' there any difference from the past decade?.
Even the all whitest show currently on TV "Dawntown Abbey", now has a black character.....Why?. So as to influence black folks to watch... I wouldn't be surprised if another, if not a few more, gets added to the cast in future seasons, more blacks are now tunning in to watch the show.

Beauty Industry:

Few years back, the official product for black folks was Dark and Lovely; Now there is Pantene, clear, Wen etc with products made for ethnic hair. Same goes for High fashion brands like Loreal, Estee Lauder, Chanel Maybelline NY, Clinque etc, that now create makeup for most, if not every skin color.

Even luxury brand products like Audi, etc and high powered company's such as Pepsi, coke etc now feature all race on their commercials.....Why do you think that the half time super ball concert would rather feature Beyonce, rather than Celion Dion?.

Let's not forget the realty TV....It used to be the OC, then Hills, The Hogan show etc. Now it's mostly shows like RHOA, LATH Atlanta/NY, BBW, MTM; Although all ratchet shows, but are five of the most watched shows on TV.

The fashion industry no longer have a choice order than to embrace Black's...The fashion industry no longer care about fashion, they care about money, and would do anything to keep their company afloat...That is why big fashion houses are now collaborating with department stores like Targets and Marcy's, so as to bring in more money, because they realize that the middle class , which consist of white and blacks, are the one's shelling out the money.

CELEBRITIES:

Lupita is currently on the cover of vogue, because she is currently one of the it girls of Hollywood, and would be forgotten soon after the next it girl is on board.It's not because she's black, it because there are new Oscar winners every year...Same happened to Natalie Portman and Halloway; Both after winning their Oscars, where featured on lists of magazines, only to be featured by TMZ and the dailymail, by random camera men.

Why do you think that Ana Wintor wouldn't feature Victoria Beckham a fashion icon, but landed both Kanye and Kim instead?...Why, because the fashion magazine now care more about who is going to make their pockets rich; And lots of people like trash, so why not feature the queen and King of trash so as to sell magazine covers.?.

Whites no longer have any choice than to embrace black folks...Black's are getting degrees like they are, owning businesses and making millions like they are...They might hate it, but they have no choice...Black folks are contributing to their wallets.
Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Afam4eva(m): 4:45am On Jul 27, 2014
glitest:

I get the fact that there might have been little to no changes interms of featuring black's on the cover of high fashion magazines, nor the little to inprovement of black folks on the big screen, but when it comes to the fashion industry at large?.........there have been a significant amount of change for black folks.

Entertainment Industry:

Try comparing shows from the Y2k era. Take a look at shows like Law and Order, xfiles, passions, Sunset beach, General hospital etc ....where most of the cast were almost whites, or if not 100% whites; Now compare that to that of today's favoutire TV shows such as Scandals, orange is the new black etc...Aren't' there any difference from the past decade?.
Even the all whitest show currently on TV "Dawntown Abbey", now has a black character.....Why?. So as to influence black folks to watch... I wouldn't be surprised if another, if not a few more, gets added to the cast in future seasons, more blacks are now tunning in to watch the show.

Beauty Industry:

Few years back, the official product for black folks was Dark and Lovely; Now there is Pantene, clear, Wen etc with products made for ethnic hair. Same goes for High fashion brands like Loreal, Estee Lauder, Chanel Maybelline NY, Clinque etc, that now create makeup for most, if not every skin color.

Even luxury brand products like Audi, etc and high powered company's such as Pepsi, coke etc now feature all race on their commercials.....Why do you think that the half time super ball concert would rather feature Beyonce, rather than Celion Dion?.

Let's not forget the realty TV....It used to be the OC, then Hills, The Hogan show etc. Now it's mostly shows like RHOA, LATH Atlanta/NY, BBW, MTM; Although all ratchet shows, but are five of the most watched shows on TV.

The fashion industry no longer have a choice order than to embrace Black's...The fashion industry no longer care about fashion, they care about money, and would do anything to keep their company afloat...That is why big fashion houses are now collaborating with department stores like Targets and Marcy's, so as to bring in more money, because they realize that the middle class , which consist of white and blacks, are the one's shelling out the money.

CELEBRITIES:

Lupita is currently on the cover of vogue, because she is currently one of the it girls of Hollywood, and would be forgotten soon after the next it girl is on board.It's not because she's black, it because there are new Oscar winners every year...Same happened to Natalie Portman and Halloway; Both after winning their Oscars, where featured on lists of magazines, only to be featured by TMZ and the dailymail, by random camera men.

Why do you think that Ana Wintor wouldn't feature Victoria Beckham a fashion icon, but landed both Kanye and Kim instead?...Why, because the fashion magazine now care more about who is going to make their pockets rich; And lots of people like trash, so why not feature the queen and King of trash so as to sell magazine covers.?.

Whites no longer have any choice than to embrace black folks...Black's are getting degrees like they are, owning businesses and making millions like they are...They might hate it, but they have no choice...Black folks are contributing to their wallets.

Nicely put...I wonder why people, especially black people always bring the issue of race in everything. Blacks have come a long way and things are better than they were years and decades ago. Today, we see black people playing the lead in areas where white people dominated. Blacks may not be exactly where they are supposed to be but there's no denying the fact that there have been some improvements. People should also not forget that the African American population in the US is just about 13%, so white people will always be the majority in almost every endeavour. So, that should not be seen as racism.

2 Likes

Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 27, 2014
Afam4eva:
Nicely put...I wonder why people, especially black people always bring the issue of race in everything. Blacks have come a long way and things are better than they were years and decades ago. Today, we see black people playing the lead in areas where white people dominated. Blacks may not be exactly where they are supposed to be but there's no denying the fact that there have been some improvements. People should also not forget that the African American population in the US is just about 13%, so white people will always be the majority in almost every endeavour. So, that should not be seen as racism.

Thank You!!...Well unfortunately, some people see things differently.
Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by safarigirl(f): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
shymexx:

call me a racist, but it's exactly cuz of that I don't watch Hollywood movies without a majority black cast (Think Like A Man and everything Tyler Perry) or a black in a lead or supoorting role (Django Unchaines and 12 years a slave)

My sis thinks I've lost out on great movies like 'The Notebook' and 'Dear John'...I haven't even watched any of the Step Up movies since the first one with Channing Tatum cuz the lead roles are played by 2 white people, I mean, is Hollywood tryna tell me that they can't find 2 black people that can tear up a dance floor? At this rate, I'll take the Jamaicans dutty whine, but I guess their movies are made to suit the whites.

As for the music video girls? Me, I no send anything wey dem wan do, if they like, they can use Martians, I'm really indifferent to that.

Hope you're good wink

1 Like

Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
@glitest

It seems we've gone on a tangent here. However, I'll keep following your posts to wherever you take me. grin

Yes, "Scandal"(I absolutely love Scandal - Olivia Pope is a G. Shonda hit a jackpot with this one) is one of the few blockbuster soaps with a black woman lead character. But it seems we're getting carried because of the dearth of black woman lead character in the noughties. The 90s and 80s had soaps with black women as the lead character. Heck, don't forget that at one point in history we had the "Cosby show"(and a whole lot of other shows both in the US and UK) which represented black family - something we don't have today. I can even talk about talk shows like: "The Arsenio Hall Show."

As for those Reality TV shows - I actually feel sorry for people who think those ratchet shows that make black women look like angry cows and who.res is anything to be proud of. I don't think those people represent black women, and the type of image to be proud about.

Also talking about Victoria Beckham, she had a fashion show not too long ago, and she didn't use any black model. I believe Naomi Campbell spoke on that.

BTW, I didn't write the article. It was written by a black woman. I'm just discussing it to know if what she opined is the general feeling among black women. Shyte, I don't dwell on race when it comes to women - once they look good, the shade is the last thing on my mind. grin
Re: Is Rap Music’s Infatuation With White Girls Hurtful To Black Female Fans? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
safarigirl: call me a racist, but it's exactly cuz of that I don't watch Hollywood movies without a majority black cast (Think Like A Man and everything Tyler Perry) or a black in a lead or supoorting role (Django Unchaines and 12 years a slave)

My sis thinks I've lost out on great movies like 'The Notebook' and 'Dear John'...I haven't even watched any of the Step Up movies since the first one with Channing Tatum cuz the lead roles are played by 2 white people, I mean, is Hollywood tryna tell me that they can't find 2 black people that can tear up a dance floor? At this rate, I'll take the Jamaicans dutty whine, but I guess their movies are made to suit the whites.

As for the music video girls? Me, I no send anything wey dem wan do, if they like, they can use Martians, I'm really indifferent to that.

Hope you're good wink

Lmao. grin You're funny and I admire your rebellious nature.

I'm good.

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna Rocks A Stella Jean Ankara Print Dress To The White House / Brainy Wins One Million Naira On Pepsi Top 10 Music Chart Show / Lilian Esoro Denies Being Engaged To Ubi Franklin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.