Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,922 members, 7,802,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Fatherhood Of Jesus ! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fatherhood Of Jesus ! (5303 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by truthislight: 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
truthislight: Hear what Jesus himself had to say concerning David:

"And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple:
How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David ?
"For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool for your feet".
David therefore himself calleth him Lord(Jesus); how then is he then his son?
And the common people heard him gladly." (Mark 12:35-37).

Jesus had a different Idea about being called the son of David.

It is only a thing of the Messaiah coming through the line of David, and not Necessarily being the 'son' of David. So i see it.

He is of the opinion that he is greater than David.

Read that ^ again, if Jesus was a direct blood of david as you claim, and not just the lineage of David, how then can Jesus be greater than David ?

Please, limit yourself to what the bible said and teach.

Peace.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by nlMediator: 11:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
frosbel:
"of his Son (who was born unto him of the seed of David according to the flesh" - Romans 1:3
"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him." - Deuteronomy 18:15

Reading the scripture above makes it clear that Jesus was to be a direct descendant of David and from the nation of Israel. He was the seed of David.
Now if we say that it was the Holy Spirit that planted this seed in Mary, then we have this connection broken and hence Jesus is not descended from David. But if we say that this seed was from Mary then we have 2 seeds which we know is not possible.
In fact , the bible calls anti-Christ ( and this is not having a go at anyone ) those who do not believe that Jesus was a 100% human being.
Jesus always said that Father was greater than him, he asked us to pray to God and not him, in the garden of Gethesame he prayed for deliverance to the father and because he feared he was delivered. He was like us , he overcame because he revered God and trusted him.
"During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission." - Hebrews 5:7
Also read Hebrews 12.
Jesus is the perfect example of a MAN ( 100% not 50% ) who loved God with all his heart and his neighbour as himself, we are to do likewise and not use the excuse that he was God to keep sinning. The usual argument for those who keep deliberately sinning is that Jesus overcame sin because he is GOD but we cant because we are only human. This is false theology. Indeed we will make mistakes or even sin but the idea is to emulate Jesus and love God utterly and our neighbour as ourself. Of course if we sin, we have an advocate with the Father who pleads on our behalf.
Hope this helps.

You are free to believe what you want about the virgin birth of Jesus, but you don't have to lie about why people believe that Jesus is God. It's not because they want to keep sinning by seeing freedom from sin as impossible for man. Since you started believing that Jesus is a man like you, without the seed of God, have you stopped sinning? Can you show evidence of your sinless life, because from what we see here, you're no better than anybody here on that score?

Some suggest that you contend for the faith and need help. Only the latter part is right. And the help you need cannot come from you. Because you seem so far gone you can't help yourself. The best thing anybody can do for you is to pray fervently, preferably with fasting, for you. It'll be great to see this unfortunate journey of yours end well with great testimony here. Otherwise, it won't be long before you come here denouncing Jesus and the Bible in total. If you can reject the Jesus of the Bible and call what you read in some parts of the Bible a myth, claiming it is so because other Bible authors did not mention it, you're way past dangerous territory.

3 Likes

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by truthislight: 12:12am On Jul 28, 2014
ayoku777:

The question is intelligent, and I will answer by simply letting the bible say what it said and not project personal sentiments to it.

If God calls the Messiah "the seed of the woman", then that means his flesh and blood was from the woman.

But I also believe Jesus, the word of God is a SPIRIT, like the Father. Just like everyone one of us have our human spirits from God; and our flesh and blood from our parents.

And about Jesus having a body that could sin coz of getting His flesh and blood from the woman, I partly agree, and this scripture readily comes to mind:

Romans 8v3 -For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh; God sending HIS OWN SON IN THE LIKENESS OF SINFUL FLESH, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

Personally, I don't think someone that CANNOT SIN can go through temptation -and Jesus was tempted. I believe Jesus DID NOT SIN not COULD NOT SIN

That's why when you asked why Jesus had to come through a virgin birth, I didn't say so that He would not have a sinful flesh; because that reason is speculative and subjective in the light of the above scripture.

I simply said its because that's how God, in the first messianic prophecy of the bible, said He would come. The WHY is inconclusive to the best of my knowledge; and I don't like to go beyond what is written.

God bless.

Where did you get "cannot sin" from ?

We said inherited sin.

Does inherited sin means cannot sin ?

Smh for you.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by truthislight: 12:16am On Jul 28, 2014
ayoku777:

Its so hard trying to defend error out of ego.

What do you mean by the above ?
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by truthislight: 12:22am On Jul 28, 2014
According to the flesh, Jesus was a man, not half man.

That Yahweh blew into The nostrial of Adam the breath of life = his spirit, it did not prevent Adam from being a man.

I dont know what you mean from "half man and half god".

Take it to those that teach that and dont blame the bible for such.

Peace.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 28, 2014
nlMediator:

You are free to believe what you want about the virgin birth of Jesus, but you don't have to lie about why people believe that Jesus is God. It's not because they want to keep sinning by seeing freedom from sin as impossible for man. Since you started believing that Jesus is a man like you, without the seed of God, have you stopped sinning? Can you show evidence of your sinless life, because from what we see here, you're no better than anybody here on that score?

Some suggest that you contend for the faith and need help. Only the latter part is right. And the help you need cannot come from you. Because you seem so far gone you can't help yourself. The best thing anybody can do for you is to pray fervently, preferably with fasting, for you. It'll be great to see this unfortunate journey of yours end well with great testimony here. Otherwise, it won't be long before you come here denouncing Jesus and the Bible in total. If you can reject the Jesus of the Bible and call what you read in some parts of the Bible a myth, claiming it is so because other Bible authors did not mention it, you're way past dangerous territory.

Spoken like the true religious man that you are.

Fortunately I am not one of your religious adherents who cowers at threats , I wish to discuss important matters , if you cannot provide a good answer then move on.

However , I am really worried for those people who you preach to. Is this how you try to intimidate them when they ask rationale and fair questions ? You do know that this is how Islam operates , right ? i.e you must not ask any questions , just believe . Smh.

Allow me enjoy my liberty in Christ.

wink

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by ayoku777(m): 1:08am On Jul 28, 2014
frosbel:

"of his Son (who was born unto him of the seed of David according to the flesh" - Romans 1:3

"The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him." - Deuteronomy 18:15

Reading the scripture above makes it clear that Jesus was to be a direct descendant of David and from the nation of Israel. He was the seed of David.

Now if we say that it was the Holy Spirit that planted this seed in Mary, then we have this connection broken and hence Jesus is not descended from David. But if we say that this seed was from Mary then we have 2 seeds which we know is not possible.

In fact , the bible calls anti-Christ ( and this is not having a go at anyone ) those who do not believe that Jesus was a 100% human being.

Jesus always said that Father was greater than him, he asked us to pray to God and not him, in the garden of Gethesame he prayed for deliverance to the father and because he feared he was delivered. He was like us , he overcame because he revered God and trusted him.

"During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission." - Hebrews 5:7

Also read Hebrews 12.

Jesus is the perfect example of a MAN ( 100% not 50% ) who loved God with all his heart and his neighbour as himself, we are to do likewise and not use the excuse that he was God to keep sinning. The usual argument for those who keep deliberately sinning is that Jesus overcame sin because he is GOD but we cant because we are only human. This is false theology. Indeed we will make mistakes or even sin but the idea is to emulate Jesus and love God utterly and our neighbour as ourself. Of course if we sin, we have an advocate with the Father who pleads on our behalf.

Hope this helps.

I understand what you're trying to say, but I disagree with that thought. There is something fundamentally wrong with that theory. You are insinuating that Jesus is like everyone of us, except that He didn't sin. Or atleast that He was like every other great servant of God that came before Him, except that He obeyed God better than they all did and was perfect.

First and foremost, Jesus is not like any one of us because He pre-existed His own birth. He was with the Father since the foundation of the earth. And while i agree with you that He was also the seed of the woman, meaning He got His body from the woman; even so that body was His tabernacle. Jesus pre-existed that body and His birth

John 8v58 -Jesus saith unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, I AM.

John 17v5 -And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I HAD WITH THEE BEFORE THE WORLD

So while He got His tabernacle (body) from the woman, the Jesus that dwelt in that body was the Word of God that was before all things and created all things, the Only begotten of the Father from eternity past. That was the seed of the Father.

So I will agree with you if you say, The seed of the Father (Jesus The Word)dwelt in the seed of the woman (flesh and blood).

Another passage to prove Jesus the word pre-existed His tabernacle -His body.

Hebrews 10v5 -Wherefore when He cometh into the world, He saith, sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, BUT A BODY HAST THOU PREPARED ME.

Jesus is Son of God and Son of man fully. And only through faith in His death and resurrection can we be saved and made right with God. Let me stop here now.

We need to let the scriptures guide our opinion, not just what makes sense to our mind.

3 Likes

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by ayoku777(m): 1:22am On Jul 28, 2014
truthislight:

What do you mean by the above ?
I mean its so much easier and religiously "correct" to say Jesus was not made in the likeness of sinful flesh, but can that be defended without trying to twist what was written? I'm open to your take and interpretation on that.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by ayoku777(m): 1:29am On Jul 28, 2014
truthislight:

Where did you get "cannot sin" from ?

We said inherited sin.

Does inherited sin means cannot sin ?

Smh for you.
Please, do share your point of view. My opinions are not cast in iron. I'm all for truth not for being right or winning an argument.

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by nlMediator: 1:35am On Jul 28, 2014
frosbel:
Spoken like the true religious man that you are.
Fortunately I am not one of your religious adherents who cowers at threats , I wish to discuss important matters , if you cannot provide a good answer then move on.
However , I am really worried for those people who you preach to. Is this how you try to intimidate them when they ask rationale and fair questions ? You do know that this is how Islam operates , right ? i.e you must not ask any questions , just believe . Smh.
Allow me enjoy my liberty in Christ.
wink

Where's the threat? Can you point it out to me? No, I did not threaten you and have no interest in doing so. Apparently, you're afraid of your own shadow. I only pointed out the lie you're basing your position on. And mercifully, you could not defend it. Nor prove that your belief leads to any better outcome regarding human sinfulness than the one you attack.

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by asodeboyede(m): 3:03am On Jul 28, 2014
Apatheist: You keep pushing this, Frosbel, you're going to lose your faith.

He has lost it already!

2 Likes

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by ayoku777(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2014
FROSBEL let me first get your convictions about some basic biblical doctrines.

1. Do you agree that man is a SPIRIT living in a body with a soul (in a soul-vitalized body)?

2. Do you agree that Jesus pre-existed His birth and was the Son of God before He was born?

3. Do you believe we are all sinners because of imputed sin from Adam or we are sinners by what we do personally?

4. Do you believe we are saved and justified through the imputed righteousness of Christ by our faith in His death and resurrection or by our own right living?

Let me stop with this ones for now.

Note Frosbel , these are NOT trick questions. We need to know where we are on a map before we can navigate where we're going on the map. I want to know your convictions about these basic doctrines.

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2014
nlMediator:

Where's the threat? Can you point it out to me? No, I did not threaten you and have no interest in doing so. Apparently, you're afraid of your own shadow. I only pointed out the lie you're basing your position on. And mercifully, you could not defend it. Nor prove that your belief leads to any better outcome regarding human sinfulness than the one you attack.

oh yes, I know you religious fellas, lol. You never answer the question, instead you prevent people from understanding relevant truths by telling them they are deviating from the right path.

You see the difference between me and you is I do not do HERD MENTALITY, I use the brain God has blessed me with to reason and come to an informed conclusion. After all we all have the anointing to teach is individually, no ? Apostle John said this.

cool

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 28, 2014
ayoku777: FROSBEL let me first get your convictions about some basic biblical doctrines.

1. Do you agree that man is a SPIRIT living in a body with a soul (in a soul-vitalized body)?

2. Do you agree that Jesus pre-existed His birth and was the Son of God before He was born?

3. Do you believe we are all sinners because of imputed sin from Adam or we are sinners by what we do personally?

4. Do you believe we are saved and justified through the imputed righteousness of Christ by our faith in His death and resurrection or by our own right living?

Let me stop with this ones for now.

Note Frosbel , these are NOT trick questions. You need to know where you are on a map before you can navigate where you're going on the map. I want to know your convictions about these basic doctrines.

Lets discuss this in a separate article.

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by nep2ra(m): 11:47am On Jul 28, 2014
nlMediator:

Cut the bull crap, amigo!

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Ubenedictus(m): 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
frosbel:

One comment in Isaiah 7:14 which actually was fulfilled also in the Old Testament and according to scholars the word Virgin was actually dubiously translated and should mean young woman.

If I am wrong please help me understand better.

Thanks.

it seems i came late.
Let me take a look at the thread before i jump in.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by jayriginal: 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Goshen360:

Because the seed of man, first Adam is corrupted. If Joseph has contributed, human race is still in a mess just like first Adam. Christ was called 2nd Adam, not because he was produced by first Adam or carry the corruptible nature but because he came to UNDO what was done by the first Adam.

Why could he not be fashioned from mud the way Adam was? Why should the process of his coming into existence be half biological, half miraculous?

The same God that fashioned humanity from mud and bone forgot his old parlour tricks? I mean something smells really bad here!

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
frosbel: ^^^

First of all truthislight , I am grateful that you took the time to help with these questions.

Before I continue, it is important that I establish that my faith is Jesus Christ is unshakeable and even stronger than ever, however it is equally important that we remove myth from fact and fable from reality.

Can I kindly suggest that you answer the other 2 questions when you have some time.

In response to your answer to my question 3, here are a few problems with your explanation :

1. If he was from a WOMAN, where did the seed come from ?
2. If the seed was direct from God then how could he have been a direct descendant according to flesh and blood.
3. How could he have avoided the sin nature since his mother was also a sinner. ( I believe Jesus was sinless because he chose not to sin not because he was born sinless ).

Thank you again.
i noticed your no.3, you say you believe Jesus chose not to sin, not that he was born sinless. So please explain, do you think that Jesus was born according to the adamic nature, without grace and a child of wrath like everyone else?

I think my question is have you also thrown away the teaching of original sin?

Right now i don't know where to start, i can understand if you don't really like mary and all thing concerning her, i was around when you rejected both the trinity, the divinity of Christ and his pre existence, i was around when you shared your concerns that the catholic church corrupted the bible, it seems you may soon reject the virgin birth of Jesus, so please tell me so i can know where to begin.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2014
frosbel: ^^^^

I liked your post purely because of your honesty and I wish ALL of us will emulate this , instead of insults and name calling.

However, the main reason why Christians in general say that Jesus had to be born without a human father is precisely for the reason of not inheriting the adamic nature which is not consistent with the fact that Mary also had this adamic nature. Now if this is the case then the foundation of this concept almost totally falls apart.

Back to the issue of seed, a human or plant can only be produced through one seed. For example if I plant two bean seeds they will produce two bean plants not one bean plant and the same is true of mankind. This poses a problem because Jesus was supposed to descend from David through this seed, but if this seed was not the seed that was planted, then that connection is broken.

The simple truth of the matter is that a lot of text in some of the gospels are ambiguous , in some cases by error and in many cases through intentional tampering. The Catholic church is behind the myth of the virgin birth, perpetual virginity of Mary, ascension of Mary and many such Myths and Fables which Paul warned us against.

You also mentioned one KEY fact which many have missed. Jesus could have sinned but he chose not to and this is why God elevated him to the highest place of glory , this is why he has been given the everlasting throne to rule over all nations in the eternal kingdom of God which will shortly manifest itself.

Thank You.

i see we are back to your main point, "it can't be right because the catholic church infected it".
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Ayomivic(m): 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
frosbel: It has often been said that Mary conceived without a Man and gave birth to Jesus, but I am beginning to doubt certain parts of this story for the following reasons :

1. Jesus was to come from the seed of David which means from the lineage of his fleshly descendants , if God was his father, how could this have been fulfilled.

2. Paul makes not one mention of this supposed miraculous and major event even though it has been established that many of his letters precede most of the gospels, why ?

3. None of the apostles mentioned this in their letters or sermons , why ?

4. The books of Luke and Matthew contain conflicting accounts of this event, why ?

5. Is it not an abomination to suggest that God made Mary pregnant ? I am really beginning to have a problem with this.

6. I have read a lot of articles from Jewish sites and they see this as an abomination and almost laughable, should they not be the ones to know more about this ?

7. No other gospel mentions this story even Mark which is the oldest gospel, why ?

Help me please people !

Thanks and please let us keep this civil.

Man is begin to loose when he starts to think that he is as wise as God.

When the scripture say Elija would come before Christ, i believe people would be expecting Elijta to come in thesame power and face as he had come before. I believe people can never think of John to be the Elija tha surpose to come if not Jesus that reveal identity of John the baptize to us ,some would have stil expecting him to come and because of that they would reject Jesus as Christ.

First let me ask you, which tribe in Israel will you count Jesus to be if not the tribe of Judea?

The Bible made it know that Jesus was from the tribe of David because Joseph who is Mary's husband was from David's tribe (Judea) he was bred and raised by Joseph.People knew him to be his son, he and Joseph's sons were together as family. Who's son do we have to call him?Which tribe do we have to count him in Isael?
If God does not want him to be regarded as tribe of David why did he have to be raised by Joseph and not other man from other tribes in Isael?

Moreover, the scripture does not say Jesus would be father by man in Judea.

"And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and the branch shall grow out of his roots. And the spirit of the lord shall rest upon, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the lord.And he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears" Isaiah 11:1-3

The first sentence in the above verses does not say Jesus will be father by Judea man. Correct me if am wrong

" And there shall come forth a rod from the stem of Jesse" here ,Joseph is the rod that came forth out of the stem of Jesse.
"And the branch shall grow out of his root" Jesus is the branch that grew out of his root (Joseph)
what people thought is that " branch shall grow out of his root" should mean bear a child but the true is that the Scripture did not tell precisely how that branch would grow out of the root of Jesse. It was when Jesus born that we now saw how that branch grew out of the root of Jesse. because the root of Jesse was the one that raised him and stood as father for him. Jesus is not a stem like Joseph but a branch that grew from Joseph.

3 Likes

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2014
^^^

Brother you have completely bastardised the scriptures to support an erroneous position. In fact I can even see an unwitting lie in one of your updates. Please do not lie or twist scripture to defend God, God's truth will stand on its own merit.

I do not have my laptop with me now , once I do, expect a more comprehensive response.

Thanks.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hmmmn @ayomivic..so is the spirit of the Lord resting on the rod( Joseph) or branch(Jesus) if we are to follow your revelations?
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ayomivic:
First let me ask you, which tribe in Israel will you count Jesus to be if not the tribe of Judea?

And you point is ?

The Bible made it know that Jesus was from the tribe of David because Joseph who is Mary's husband was from David's tribe (Judea) he was bred and raised by Joseph.People knew him to be his son, he and Joseph's sons were together as family. Who's son do we have to call him?Which tribe do we have to count him in Isael?
If God does not want him to be regarded as tribe of David why did he have to be raised by Joseph and not other man from other tribes in Isael?

Sorry but the bolded does not make sense.

Moreover, the scripture does not say Jesus would be father by man in Judea.

"And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and the branch shall grow out of his roots. And the spirit of the lord shall rest upon, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the lord.And he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears" Isaiah 11:1-3

The first sentence in the above verses does not say Jesus will be father by Judea man. Correct me if am wrong

LIE !

A branch comes from the stem and the stem comes from the root and the root comes from the seed , so that they are all related not by adoption but by natural birth, I mean Jesus Christ in this case was to come from the seed of David not by adoption but by blood relation. To suggest otherwise is bordering on falsehood.

what people thought is that " branch shall grow out of his root" should mean bear a child but the true is that the Scripture did not tell precisely how that branch would grow out of the root of Jesse. It was when Jesus born that we now saw how that branch grew out of the root of Jesse. because the root of Jesse was the one that raised him and stood as father for him. Jesus is not a stem like Joseph but a branch that grew from Joseph.

A complete and frabricated LIE !!

"For the Scriptures clearly state that the Messiah will be born of the royal line of David, in Bethlehem, the village where King David was born." - John 7:42

Clearly says that he will be born from the line of David not adopted or raised by someone else.

" Behold, the days are coming," declares the LORD, "When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; And He will reign as king and act wisely And do justice and righteousness in the land" - Jeremiah 23:5

Again , Jesus coming from the seed of David.

"A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit." - Isaiah 11:1

Again clearly establishing that Jesus was to come from the direct blood line of David

Some other easy to understand verse of scripture :

"concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh" - Romans 1:3

The MYTH of half-god and half-man is simply a tale of legend and was borrowed from Pagans with the even more dubious and intentional manipulation of scriptural text to support this LIE.

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
frosbel:

And you point is ?

LIE !

A branch comes from the stem and the stem comes from the root and the root comes from the seed , so that they are all related not by adoption but by natural birth, I mean Jesus Christ in this case was to come from the seed of David not by adoption but by blood relation. To suggest otherwise is bordering on falsehood.

"For the Scriptures clearly state that the Messiah will be born of the royal line of David, in Bethlehem, the village where King David was born." - John 7:42

Clearly says that he will be born from the line of David not adopted or raised by someone else.

" Behold, the days are coming," declares the LORD, "When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; And He will reign as king and act wisely And do justice and righteousness in the land" - Jeremiah 23:5

"A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit." - Isaiah 11:1

Again clearly establishing that Jesus was to come from the direct blood line of David

"concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh" - Romans 1:3

The MYTH of half-god and half-man is simply a tale of legend and was borrowed from Pagans with the even more dubious and intentional manipulation of scriptural text to support this LIE.

so your point is that the biological father of Jesus is Joseph and that the gospel of luke is a fraud?

I have a feeling you may soon be making your own canon.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by jayriginal: 12:04am On Jul 30, 2014
jayriginal:

Why could he not be fashioned from mud the way Adam was? Why should the process of his coming into existence be half biological, half miraculous?

The same God that fashioned humanity from mud and bone forgot his old parlour tricks? I mean something smells really bad here!

frosbel:

Cant be frosbel.

Cant be the fire breathing, Israel loving, muslim fighting, atheist hating frosbel. Same frosbel who said atheists have no souls and can be killed like mosquitoes?

Denying the virgin birth? A critical article of faith? Denying hell? Whats next?

I asked you to take it on faith but you wont listen. Ok, let me give you another chance. A certain religion believes in Jesus. That religion believes that the laws of God are perfect. In short, Joseph stuck his wood(en) boner (you know how carpenters do) in Mary and they birthed Jesus. Its still a virgin birth because according to them, the spirit in Jesus was a fresh spirit (the religion believes in reincarnation) and had no karma to work off (hence without sin). Kinda makes sense.

What say ye?
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 30, 2014
frosbel:

And you point is ?

LIE !

Yes you are right in that the messiahh would be a blood descendant of David!!! But this prophecy never said his father would be a blood descendant of David.The prophecy was fulfilled in the messiah sourcing his humanity from the mother Mary who was descended from the tribe of Mary

1 Like

Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by malvisguy212: 9:41am On Jul 30, 2014
nlMediator:

when you tell them the truth, this is there usual reply"you are threaten me with hell or punishment"even doug they know that they are paying for the sin of adam, they just want to here this word "no punishment for sinner and there excuse to back there claim is, why will a loving God put me in everlasting fir?" my brother you spoke well. A RIGHTEOUS MAN WILL NEVER BE THREATEN BY WORD.keep on the good work Bro.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by malvisguy212: 9:52am On Jul 30, 2014
asodeboyede:

He has lost it already!
he has not lost it, I think he just want to be careful, this is what is in his mind" what if christianity is wrong? Let me find my way to God" no other religion explain salvation the way christianity explain it, I strongly believe , when he get the right answer, his faith in christ will multiply.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by malvisguy212: 10:01am On Jul 30, 2014
jayriginal:

God breath his spirit into adam and he became a living soul, but when satan deceive man, man lost everytin, the reason JESUS was born of the spirit of God is because man need to adopt the nature of Godliness, and all other prophet were born of a sinful nature SO WE NEED JESUS.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by jayriginal: 10:22am On Jul 30, 2014
malvisguy212: God breath his spirit into adam and he became a living soul, but when satan deceive man, man lost everytin, the reason JESUS was born of the spirit of God is because man need to adopt the nature of Godliness, and all other prophet were born of a sinful nature SO WE NEED JESUS.

Oga you have not answered me.

Im asking why Jesus had to come into existence through a half biological and half miraculous process.
Re: Fatherhood Of Jesus ! by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 30, 2014
frosbel: It has often been said that Mary conceived without a Man and gave birth to Jesus, but I am beginning to doubt certain parts of this story for the following reasons :

1. Jesus was to come from the seed of David which means from the lineage of his fleshly descendants , if God was his father, how could this have been fulfilled.

2. Paul makes not one mention of this supposed miraculous and major event even though it has been established that many of his letters precede most of the gospels, why ?

3. None of the apostles mentioned this in their letters or sermons , why ?

4. The books of Luke and Matthew contain conflicting accounts of this event, why ?

5. Is it not an abomination to suggest that God made Mary pregnant ? I am really beginning to have a problem with this.

6. I have read a lot of articles from Jewish sites and they see this as an abomination and almost laughable, should they not be the ones to know more about this ?

7. No other gospel mentions this story even Mark which is the oldest gospel, why ?

Help me please people !

Thanks and please let us keep this civil.

You are on the right path brother Frosbel. Question everything!

Your questions are what Christians are scared to ask. Jesus was obviously born as a result of a sexual intercourse,be it by "God" or a Jewish man.

The Jewish only counted men,and Jesus being a seed of David could have only come from a Jewish man the Bible went silent on. The Bible is not historically accurate,so they must have delibartely ommited the biological father of Jesus.

When you begin to read the Bible with a straight mind,you will find a lot of stories that do not make sense.....

The Bible also is a combination of different stories that happened in other civilizations. Most of these stories have no form of eveidence they actually happened in Israel. The whole point of the Bible is to make the Zionist look superior to other people by claiming "God" is on their side.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Was Jesus' Blood Loss Before "execution" Important? / What Is Human Nature? What Does The Bible Say About Human Nature? / You Can't Lose Your Salvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.