Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Ibadan To Abuja - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ibadan To Abuja (3861 Views)

Please Advice: Best Route From Lagos To Abuja (road Trip) / Abuja To Uyo By Road on 19 09 2014/ Uyo To Abuja By Road on 21-22 09 2014 / Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
Question for those that have done this recently.

How long is the journey?
How tedious is it?
How safe is it?

Thanks.
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
Old one...safe journey
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
smartchoice: Old one...safe journey

Thank you.
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by iamSi(m): 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
Its between 8-9 hours ... You'll enjoy cos its free from robbery and ehn road is good
CityNG: Question for those that have done this recently.

How long is the journey?
How tedious is it?
How safe is it?

Thanks.
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
Its about 600km and by nigerian standards the roads are fair.

Pointers

1. Ensure your car has all the particulars especially custom duty the original one the guys at ibilo and okene are deadly. If you don't have those papers just get ready to part with between 1 and 30k on each stop depends on their mood and your bargaining power.

2.If you car is any of the "bank models" ensure the name of the owner of the vehicle is not a cooperate name if not the local govt bois will get you, that's another 10-25k depending on your bargaining power their moods are always bad. P.s this applies to trucks and cars that are often bought brand new.

3 between ife and owo there are a lot of pointless speedbrakers beware.

4. Nasty curves in akoko(ondo state)

This one planes are falling you want to stick to the ground? Safe trip man.

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 27, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Its about 600km and by nigerian standards the roads are fair.

Pointers

1. Ensure your car has all the particulars especially custom duty the original one the guys at ibilo and okene are deadly. If you don't have those papers just get ready to part with between 1 and 30k on each stop depends on their mood and your bargaining power.

2.If you car is any of the "bank models" ensure the name of the owner of the vehicle is not a cooperate name if not the local govt bois will get you, that's another 10-25k depending on your bargaining power their moods are always bad. P.s this applies to trucks and cars that are often bought brand new.

I know, I'm about to start a 20 hour flight - groan.

What about luxury buses like Ekene Dili Chukwu (are they even still around?) will that be acceptable?

I am not getting on any internal flight unless it originated from Europe and is allowed to fly over the US.
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Stylz69(m): 3:54am On Jul 27, 2014
There is an ABC terminal at Ibadan...ABC is by far the safest luxury bus company. However, the speed is limited to 90km/ hour and the bus comes from Lagos so depending on traffic and whatever may delay the bus, you may not leave Ibadan till 10-11 am and arrive Abuja till 10 PM. However, the buses are comfy, fully air-conditioned and if nollywood or wrestling is your thing, they show that on the in-bus entertainment screens.

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:07am On Jul 27, 2014
Cityng look for a peugeot 406 no one will dare stop you from ibadan to sokoto. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by TCD: 7:46am On Jul 27, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Its about 600km and by nigerian standards the roads are fair.

Pointers

what exactly are these local govt boys looking for? And do they stop private cars?. Also the custom guys do you need the original custom docs or a photocopy will do?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26am On Jul 27, 2014
TCD: what exactly are these local govt boys looking for? And do they stop private cars?. Also the custom guys do you need the original custom docs or a photocopy will do?

LG govt boys are on the rd to collect road taxes,radio licence tax,mobile adverts, .......... There are a lot of taxes corporate bodies ard supposed to pay every year, funny thing is if you enter any local govt office to pay for this stuff every thing will cost you between 5-10k (depending on your bargaining power) but on the road hmmm its a different ball game, since they stoped them from putting sticks and nails on the road, they now work with the security agents at security check points e.g army will stop you and tell you to park, LG boys will continue the interogation.

As for the custom duty guy even a car I bought here on nairaland last week (tokumbor unregistered) with tincan custom duty was stopped at okene as it was being delivered they pointed out 1 very small detail and said yes the car was cleared in tincan but the agent did not pay all the processing fees! How they figured it out I don't know, well I called up the chap that sold the vehicle, he called up the agent, agent called customs 7hrs later money exchanged hands (agent transfered cash)car was released. Now for that type of car your heart would alwasy skip a beat when you get to a custom check point.

For the custom duty I DONT CARRY THE CERTIFICATES IN MY VEHICLE, I just flash a get out of jail card when stopped and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by TCD: 2:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

LG govt boys are on the rd to collect road taxes,radio licence tax,mobile adverts, .......... There are a lot of taxes corporate bodies ard supposed to pay every year, funny thing is if you enter any local govt office to pay for this stuff every thing will cost you between 5-10k (depending on your bargaining power) but on the road hmmm its a different ball game, since they stoped them from putting sticks and nails on the road, they now work with the security agents at security check points e.g army will stop you and tell you to park, LG boys will continue the interogation.

As for the custom duty guy even a car I bought here on nairaland last week (tokumbor unregistered) with tincan custom duty was stopped at okene as it was being delivered they pointed out 1 very small detail and said yes the car was cleared in tincan but the agent did not pay all the processing fees! How they figured it out I don't know, well I called up the chap that sold the vehicle, he called up the agent, agent called customs 7hrs later money exchanged hands (agent transfered cash)car was released. Now for that type of car your heart would alwasy skip a beat when you get to a custom check point.

For the custom duty I DONT CARRY THE CERTIFICATES IN MY VEHICLE, I just flash a get out of jail card when stopped and move on.
na wa o. Na God go save someone for dis country. Abeg dis your get out of jail card, what is it? Or are u a military officer too?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
TCD: na wa o. Na God go save someone for dis country. Abeg dis your get out of jail card, what is it? Or are u a military officer too?

NEED TO KNOW BASIS. grin

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
cityng sir what car will you be making the journey with?
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bossforeva: cityng sir what car will you be making the journey with?

He has one beetle....hopefully he'd use that cool

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by bravolad(m): 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
If you haven't made the journey already, it's a pretty straight forward route from Ibadan to Abuja. It takes between 6 to 7 hours to get to Abuja depending on the vehicle and speed. On a public transport like ABC, you are looking at 12 to 14 hours depending on road conditions. If you have the right vehicle particulars, there's really nothing to worry about.

The state of the road is fairly ok by the Nigerian standard as someone pointed out. Those stretch of roads ought to be class A roads, (a major link between the south west and the north) but our leaders prefer to loot public funds with impunity rather than invest in road construction because they hardly use these roads. Drive at a controlled speed because of potholes and speed ramps. There are also sharp bends especially around Akoko in Ondo and part of Edo and close to Okene. They pose serious dangers.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
smartchoice:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 28, 2014
Bossforeva: cityng sir what car will you be making the journey with?

A 2004 (or maybe 2001) Isuzu Rodeo.

I just landed in Lagos and you guys are certified nut jobs the way you drive grin

But there's a method to the madness, seemingly.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 28, 2014
smartchoice:

In an automobile sense, I'm head and shoulders above you SonnyBoy. I don't own a Beetle and haven't owned one since the 80's but I'll cycle one though the fleet if I find the need. I'm not above anything on 4 wheels and powered by an internal combustion engine.

Go over to my site QuickSilverCars.VillageHeadMaster.Com and get educated.

I'm more than a mere two french car owner (one of them is even built in China) that beats his chest grin

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 28, 2014
bravolad: If you haven't made the journey already, it's a pretty straight forward route from Ibadan to Abuja. It takes between 6 to 7 hours to get to Abuja depending on the vehicle and speed. On a public transport like ABC, you are looking at 12 to 14 hours depending on road conditions. If you have the right vehicle particulars, there's really nothing to worry about.

The state of the road is fairly ok by the Nigerian standard as someone pointed out. Those stretch of roads ought to be class A roads, (a major link between the south west and the north) but our leaders prefer to loot public funds with impunity rather than invest in road construction because they hardly use these roads. Drive at a controlled speed because of potholes and speed ramps. There are also sharp bends especially around Akoko in Ondo and part of Edo and close to Okene. They pose serious dangers.

We exported the truck through TinCan and it has all the paperworks.

I'll talk my friend into taking the trip with me.

Frankly Abuja is not a destination for me but there's no better way to know a country than by driving through it and seeing the local culture.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 28, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Cityng look for a peugeot 406 no one will dare stop you from ibadan to sokoto. Lol

You see Guys, this is comedy right here, good fun and on total point.

Thanks for a great laugh mate grin

The reality is I would rather do the drive in Ikennas 505 or 406 versus the Corolla. Not that it's safer but the Oga At The Top syndrome, I'll fly though the checkpoints with a salute grin
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 28, 2014
CityNG:

In an automobile sense, I'm head and shoulders above you SonnyBoy. I don't own a Beetle and haven't owned one since the 80's but I'll cycle one though the fleet if I find the need. I'm not above anything on 4 wheels and powered by an internal combustion engine.

Go over to my site QuickSilverCars.VillageHeadMaster.Com and get educated.

I'm more than a mere two french car owner (one of them is even built in China) that beats his chest grin

Ikenna351.....
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 28, 2014
"20. Please cooperate with the moderators, super-moderators, and administrator. Treat them with respect."

grin

There are more than one way to skin a cat cheesy
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 28, 2014
CityNG: "20. Please cooperate with the moderators, super-moderators, and administrator. Treat them with respect."

grin

There are more than one way to skin a cat cheesy

Don't worry he was a Mod....BTW enjoy your trip carry no stranger even if he/she looks very familiar...or beautiful enough to stir your loins...

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by adanny01(m): 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Cityng look for a peugeot 406 no one will dare stop you from ibadan to sokoto. Lol

Or Toyota Prado. Dont forget to leave your headlights on.
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 30, 2014
Thanks Guys. So I'm going to hire a driver who has down the trip before.

He won't be available until next week so we'll see.

In the meantime I'm enjoying Ibadan.
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
CityNG: Thanks Guys. So I'm going to hire a driver who has down the trip before.

He won't be available until next week so we'll see.

In the meantime I'm enjoying Ibadan.
Will be in Ibadan soon old one....hope to find out you're who I suspect you to be....
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2014
smartchoice:
Will be in Ibadan soon old one....hope to find out you're who I suspect you to be....

Tell me where you'll be and I'll join you for drinks - my treat grin

Should I send you my phone via private chat so you can meet up more easily?

You'll be the laughing stock of NL if I do give you my phone number and you don't show grin
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by yungboss(m): 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
CityNG:

You'll be the laughing stock of NL if I do give you my phone number and you don't show grin
humorous, hows ibadan? Been a very long time I visited...
Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 4:24am On Aug 02, 2014
CityNG:

Will contact you when am around....of course I will be there to see your beetle? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 02, 2014
smartchoice:

Will contact you when am around....of course I will be there to see your beetle? cheesy

I don't own a beetle, but if it will titilate you further I'll find a 60s beetle and buy it.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan To Abuja by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 02, 2014
yungboss:
humorous, hows ibadan? Been a very long time I visited...

It's good.

I'm having a blast.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please My Oga's In The House,help With This Car,it's Killing Me!! / SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later / Please Help, First Personal Car! PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.