Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:55 PM

Thread For Guys Who Can Cook - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Thread For Guys Who Can Cook (15515 Views)

10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! / Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Atmmachine(m): 3:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
nma24: Lagos

pm me
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
Atmmachine:

pm me
pm me
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by SkinnyDude(m): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
nma24: pm me
hi, nma. i wil like to know your facebook username. thank you.
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Akposy(m): 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
all4naija: It looks like avocado spooned out of it skin into the plate.
Okay.. Tanx
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by smileysmiles(f): 12:15am On Aug 14, 2014
Mintayo: I remember a time when an uncle came visiting,after about 45mins,he was served a pplate of pounded yam with egusi soup. After consuming the food speedily,it was then that he asked jokingly,"where did you buy this food"? I was like buy ke,emi ni mo ma shey. Till today,he never forgets that experience.Lolcheesy.
#meanwhile read my signature!

So u can pound yam?? interesting
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Mintayo(m): 6:33am On Aug 14, 2014
smileysmiles:

So u can pound yam?? interesting
Yup. winkcheesy
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by oblo(m): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Akposy:

Watz d green tin in d second pix

Sorrry jare.. wok load..thata. green tingy na Avacado Pear.
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
highmey: This thread made me remember aManfromMars...

People like "us", women no fit do us shakara... We will enter the kitchen ourselves. grin grin grin
grin
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by highmey(m): 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
musKeeto:
grin

Hahaha... cheesy

Oga MusKeeto, u wanna tell me u are aManfromMars, that ibo boy and gamer? grin

tongue

I miss him though sad
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 24, 2014
Na me o. 1 and the same. grin
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by hilaryiwens05: 10:53am On Aug 24, 2014
Get genuine 80 million Nigeria GSM Database (Phone numbers) arranged in states and Local Government. @ give away Price of N5,000/state for all your sms campaign & marketing. more info @ www.tripleclicksms.com/index.php/sms-marketing

Tel: 08182428991/08062207346
Email: hilaryiwens@yahoo.com
BB PIN: 22E88D19
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by MsAnne(f): 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2014
lomomike: I'm a very good cook, trust me its one of my hobbies I learnt it from home before I got into university and thru my university days I polished and expanded my cooking skills. I can cook some Yoruba delicacies (my dad is Yoruba), some Akwa-Ibom delicacies because my mom is from Akwa Ibom and she taught me wink , I can cook some continental dishes, I do some baking and fries, I can also cook some Indian and Indo-Chinese delicacies. I cook when I'm less busy or I feel like, but other time I'm too busy or lazy. smiley
#thinking aloud lipsrsealed
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
MsAnne: #thinking aloud lipsrsealed
Thinking aloud about what?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by MsAnne(f): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2014
lomomike:
Thinking aloud about what?
Nevamind...Gudmornin
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by elnino3(m): 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
MsAnne: Nevamind...Gudmornin

been following this thread slowly..
today am going for a mad dive. . am going to cook(try my luck) in cooking edit an soup. its an Ibibio soup. MsAnne I need your visual grading on this o. pix and steps later.
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by elnino3(m): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
ok here are the things i bought

beef
stockfish
editan leaves (finely chopped)
water leaf
periwinkle (with the shell but the bottom cut off)
normal soup spices... knorr and the rest

Procedure

wash and steam the meat, using one cube of knorr, pepper and salt
after a while add the washed stockfish and cook till the meat is done. drain the stock and keep separate from the meat and stock fish

wash the periwinkle with water and salt, then boil with a little water and a pinch of salt. when it boils drain the water out and wash the periwinkle again and keep.

wash and cut the waterleaf and keep separate.

boil the editan leaves with water and let it steam. when it starts boiling and you see that the color of the water has changed you can then bring it down and then pour into sieve.
after the water has drained put it back in the pot, add some more water and stir, then drain, taste it if its still bitter, then repeat it till you get the desired taste(with a little bitterness)

then put you periwinkle meat, stockfish in to the stock and boil.. after four mins add another cube of knorr, salt and pepper to taste, then add oil.. cover the pot and let it boil.
after it boils and you see that the oil is no longer thick(spreads evenly and mixes with the stock) you add the waterleaf.
cover the pot and let it cook for four mins, then add your editan and cook. after five mins bring it down and serve it.

thats how i cooked my first editan soup.

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by elnino3(m): 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
more pix

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by jonaji(m): 9:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
elnino3: more pix

You have tried!!!! Wish I was around to help you devour it .... grin
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by elnino3(m): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2014
jonaji:

You have tried!!!! Wish I was around to help you devour it .... grin

thanks
Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by MsAnne(f): 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
elnino3:

thanks
Praise God..didn't knw der are stil guys dt can cook n dat was a perfect one kiss
Will u marry me? grin

1 Like

Re: Thread For Guys Who Can Cook by elnino3(m): 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
MsAnne: Praise God..didn't knw der are stil guys dt can cook n dat was a perfect one kiss
Will u marry me? grin
wouldnt mind marrying u.. afterall we r namesakes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Cook Nigerian Fried Rice / Why Do First-Time Visitors Act Like They Are Not Hungry When They Are? / How Much Is A Bag Of Sachet Water In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.