Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture (16754 Views)

The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by 30secs(m): 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
God punish devil if I no marry fine girl!! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
Very nice smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by QueenAzibar(f): 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
dear op... I am a Yoruba girl so its not a beef thing. but hope u know all the pictures u posted have been enhanced with tons of make up and photography magic. tho not denying the natural beauty of some women undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2014
[quote author=gratieao]Yes ooo

The Yorubas are not the only Tribes with the Tribal mark. My stay in the north during my service year really prooved that "ILA JU ILA LO" meaning Mark pass Mark.

5 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
[quote author=Sweettos]yoruba!!! The only tribe that do fought tiger

Says WHO? Go to the North, Some Part of Kogi, Benue etc you go fear mark na

3 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Who do the Yorubas call gambari?...And why?

How should i know, Am I yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by amnestylaw1(m): 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
Tribal marks are a beauty to behold. I admire the Beriberis and Kanuris of Borno state for their beautiful tribal marks. The Yoruba tribal marks are cute too.

6 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
Indiginous cultures on every continent have marks and body modifications, so I don;t know why some of you brainwashed people from certain parts of Nigeria talk of it, like it is a taboo or something you have never seen before
In Africa, Fulanis, Masai, Kanuris, Yorubas, Mandes, Dinkas, Toubous, Zulus, Akans, Malagasy- Thousands of others all over the continent

In Asia and Oceania, it is widely practiced in Thailand, India, Indonesia, Among Native Australians, Maoris of new Zealand, Papuans, others, so many i can't count.
Native Americans are especially known for it! and are proud of it....

If people like the Masais, some Yoruba, Samburu, some Fulani, some native Americans and a gazilion other tribes out there, continue with these customs, then let them be, after-all a good portion of these people as well, don't practice these customs anymore--- Some of you are really beyond redemption with the way you think.

7 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by pinkishgal(f): 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
OMO YORUBA ni mi ooh! SWAGGER!!!

5 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by OSHUKUNUOGBO(m): 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
yorubas too fine

3 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by OSHUKUNUOGBO(m): 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
pinkishgal: OMO YORUBA ni mi ooh! SWAGGER!!!
yeah yeah

1 Like

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Fulaman198(m): 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Bororojo: Indiginous cultures on every continent have marks and body modifications, so I don;t know why some of you brainwashed people from certain parts of Nigeria talk of it, like it is a taboo or something you have never seen before
In Africa, Fulanis, Masai, Kanuris, Yorubas, Mandes, Dinkas, Toubous, Zulus, Akans, Malagasy- Thousands of others all over the continent

In Asia and Oceania, it is widely practiced in Thailand, India, Indonesia, Among Native Australians, Maoris of new Zealand, Papuans, others, so many i can't count.

If people like the Masais, some Yoruba, Samburu, some Fulani, some native Americans and a gazilion other tribes out there, continue with these customs, then let them be, after-all a good portion of these people as well, don't practice these customs anymore--- Some of you are really beyond redemption with the way you think.

Quoted for truth, maybe you can join my quest to remove the brainwashing from these White wannabes.

7 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Fulaman198(m): 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2014

5 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by HopeAtHand: 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
Bororojo:

How should i know, Am I yoruba?

I guess ure fulani, so take it upon yourself to findout..And then tell me how you feel about it.
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2014
Do you know the Yoruba have the highest rate of twinning in the world, at 45–50 twin
sets (or 90–100 twins) per 1,000 live
birth - wikipedia

2 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Funkybabee(f): 9:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Who do the Yorubas call gambari?...And why?

a poeple that dosen't understand the word that they are saying i mean understand the language
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by trendiitee(f): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Adufe adee,,Proudly yoruba,,,proudly ekiti...

2 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 28, 2014
HopeAtHand:

I guess ure fulani, so take it upon yourself to findout..And then tell me how you feel about it.

Whatever it means it wouldn't hunch me one bit..
all groups have exonyms for all other groups besides their own- that is Kindergarten level sociology basics class.
Why should i be so pressed to find out its meaning?? ..... i

5 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by fightforchange1(f): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
coded01: GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND THE YORUBA PEOPLE... cool
Ditto.
Mad
Love
For
Da
Ancestral
Homeland
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
Yoruba People- I pay my Homage .... lol

6 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by fightforchange1(f): 11:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
My
Bros
And
Sisters...
Egbon
Okunrin/obirin

3 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
Beauties fro the motherland.

5 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by 2prexios: 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
thus far we have come as a people, there is no place like home, sweet home. I love the beauty of our languages and the wisdom of our fathers in their proverbs and mantra. May the lord God cause his face to shine on his people and restore the country to her path of greatness. God bless the makers of this wonderful thread and the great people of this country.

This is my home.
My place of delight.

4 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by macof(m): 9:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
tuffgongjo: Proud to be a yoruba$ekiti guy,@fulaman God bless u up$down.

Omo iyami...where in Ekiti?
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by tpia1: 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
QueenAzibar: dear op... I am a Yoruba girl so its not a beef thing. but hope u know all the pictures u posted have been enhanced with tons of make up and photography magic. tho not denying the natural beauty of some women undecided

i tire o.

this make up thing na wa, we women just toss it on with a shovel these days.

not saying it doesnt make people beautiful (na me sef need am pass since i am ugly), but inner beauty also matters jare.
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by tuffgongjo(m): 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
macof:

Omo iyami...where in Ekiti?
Ilogbo-ekiti.
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by tpia1: 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by macof(m): 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
Sweettos: yoruba!!! The only tribe that do fought tiger
In ur ridiculous bid to ridicule the Yoruba you make such a blundering statement

4 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by macof(m): 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
Bororojo: Indiginous cultures on every continent have marks and body modifications, so I don;t know why some of you brainwashed people from certain parts of Nigeria talk of it, like it is a taboo or something you have never seen before

Thank you brother

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by macof(m): 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
HopeAtHand:

shocked dude just let this go...no ones cares
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
Yoruba women are well known for their bakassi , please try to post some juicy ones sha

Nice thread nd E kasan @ all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebira Has Elements Of Igbo In It Or Am I Wrong / The Coronation Of Oba Abdulraheem Oladele Adeoti, Omu-aran New Monarch / Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.