Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,930 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! (14470 Views)

Nigeria’s Asumnu & Duncan Lead Africa’s Chase For 4x1 Honours @ Continental Cup! / BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by homesteady(m): 7:21am On Jul 27, 2014
CFCfan: Realistically, Okagbare will win 2 GOLD medals in the long jump and the 200m. If the other 3 sprinters in our 4x100m relay team were running sub 11s, the gold medal could be Nigeria's.

I wish Okagbare good luck cool
yea, 200 metres is sure for her, but I doubt the 100 meters ! I have noticed that she doesn't start very fast, and before she starts running faster, the 100 meters race will be over!
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Phonon: 7:24am On Jul 27, 2014
Could this be anymore distasteful? angry

alaladakosta: Ok, meanwhile

2 Likes

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 27, 2014
homesteady:
yea, 200 metres is sure for her, but I doubt the 100 meters ! I have noticed that she doesn't start very fast, and before she starts running faster, the 100 meters race will be over!
That's her achilles heel. I reckon if she starts faster, she could go near the world record. Her 5'11'' frame + an explosive start will make her almost invincible in women's track. In fact, she could be the female Usain Bolt.
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by pazienza(m): 7:47am On Jul 27, 2014
Okagbare, what a beautiful lady.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Caleycash(m): 7:48am On Jul 27, 2014
Jamaica and run...always topping
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 27, 2014
Update

Blessing Okagbare will run in Heat 5 (lane 5) of the 100m preliminaries later today.
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by sylve11: 8:18am On Jul 27, 2014
Goodluck to u Okabgbare. cool
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by RoyalRoy(m): 8:28am On Jul 27, 2014
alaladakosta: Ok, meanwhile

This is not funny at all. You should know the kind of things to make jokes of.

3 Likes

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by zopaks: 8:38am On Jul 27, 2014
She's Good
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Henrypraise: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2014
adezjamz:

you have an attachment problem bro. You can do much better than her.

U av bald head problem. Go hug transformer if e pain u.

If she were to be igbo or yoruba u pple won't let us hear word.

I am doin my tribe n state proud in my field.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Afrok(m): 8:50am On Jul 27, 2014
What more can I wish her if not all the very best and a successful race, go Blessing and Bless Nigeria with a gold medal. Forget about Jamaica and America runners, anybody or team is beatable in sports, go lady and make us proud.
#with Patience, Goodluck will surely come ur way in Glasgow.

3 Likes

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by chucs: 9:07am On Jul 27, 2014
I'm surprised that Shelly-Ann Fryser name went missing in your list. That woman is a tiny californian mite and she never disappoints on the big stage. I think veronica Campbell's time of glory has passed. I wish Blessing best of luck but that list is a very strong one.
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by bambostic: 9:14am On Jul 27, 2014
chucs: I'm surprised that Shelly-Ann Fryser name went missing in your list. That woman is a tiny californian mite and she never disappoints on the big stage. I think veronica Campbell's time of glory has passed. I wish Blessing best of luck but that list is a very strong one.

Actually, you'll see that Fraser-Pryce is No. 5 on the list, and she is not competing in the individual 100m at Commonwealth, only in the Relay - there are only 2 other Jamaicans ahead of her in the standings above, but she did not compete at the Jamaican Trials, and it is 1-2-3 at the Trials who are representing them in Glasgow - Campbell-Brown, Stewart and Calvert...
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 27, 2014
bambostic:

Actually, you'll see that Fraser-Pryce is No. 5 on the list, and she is not competing in the individual 100m at Commonwealth, only in the Relay - there are only 2 other Jamaicans ahead of her in the standings above, but she did not compete at the Jamaican Trials, and it is 1-2-3 at the Trials who are representing them in Glasgow - Campbell-Brown, Stewart and Calvert...
Na silver or bronze Naija go collect for the 4x100 women relay
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by pazienza(m): 10:04am On Jul 27, 2014
Henrypraise:

Why must you lots find a way to drag Ndiigbo into anything you lots are doing.
The dude you were replying isn't Igbo,yet you found a way to drag Igbo into your nonsense.
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Henrypraise: 11:07am On Jul 27, 2014
pazienza:

Why must you lots find a way to drag Ndiigbo into anything you lots are doing.
The dude you were replying isn't Igbo,yet you found a way to drag Igbo into your nonsense.

I tink d attachment problem shud be addressed to u, did u not read d post? I said Igbo n yoruba or is it d reference to bald head dats eatin u up? I said bald head not flat head.
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by chucs: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2014
bambostic:

ok,thanks for the clarification.
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Good luck Team Nigeria!!
Hello Nlanders, help a brother advance to the next stage of this UN Youth competition by voting for my project here. https://www.youth-competition.org/groups/entrepreneurship-competition-2013/contests/2/1269
Thank you very much in advance.
Stay Away From Bush meat! grin

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Jovie: 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
TeamNigeria, carry all available medals and come back! Make Naija proud! wink
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by nickz(m): 1:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
my only fear is shelly ann ....she brings her A game at the final races
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by adezjamz(m): 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
Henrypraise:

no offense bro, you still have a long way to go.
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by myspnigeria: 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
I wish her the best outing
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by meforyou1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nigerian Mark Jelks just won the 100M men round 3. Yes o, let's go there

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
2 Americans are now running for nigeria
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
nickz: my only fear is shelly ann ....she brings her A game at the final races

Shes not doing the 100m.
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by mumu9gerian: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
adaobi123: 2 Americans are now running for nigeria
yep,thats correct
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
mumu9gerian:
yep,thats correct

Hmmm, I just googled them and they all say "I have nigerian in me somewhere down the line" undecided

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by daveP(m): 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Okagbare will definitely take a medal stand. Asunmu need more encouragement.she sulked when okagbare was given attention over her a year ago. Nothing sweet like watching them both!
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by meforyou1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
Yes o. A 3rd Nigerian qualifies for the semi finals 100M men
Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by meforyou1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nigerian girl Gloria just qualified for semi finals in women's 100 M

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
adaobi123:

Hmmm, I just googled them and they all say "I have nigerian in me somewhere down the line" undecided
Lol.. It shows that the AFN have a good scouting network. Gloria Asumnu used to run for the US some years ago before the AFN convinced her to switch to Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

England Players Training Ahead Of Croatia Match (Photos) / Cameroon Vs Comoros: AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 : (2 - 1) On 24th January 2022 / AFCON 2021: Gambia Vs Tunisia (1 - 0) On 20th January 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.