Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos (40608 Views)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / Suspected Ebola Victim Detected In Surulere Lagos? / Body Of The First Victim Of Ebola Virus In Nigeria Cremated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Blaqsmith(m): 6:27am On Jul 27, 2014
tosag: Understood sha, but a job interview panel wont be this understanding. Its better to scold him so that he can upgrade himself.
yea.u might be ryt bro.he's learnt his lesson to d fullest nw I guess.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by cyril83(m): 6:36am On Jul 27, 2014
Blaqsmith: according to Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary(8th Edition),Cremate means to burn a dead body,ESPECIALLY AS PART OF FUNERAL CEREMONY.so guy, I will leave u to try and understand me.though,to cremate d dead body is to burn it,but I want u to tink abt dose capitalised words.many people are being burnt,but no cremated...and pls,nxt time,try not to insult someone u knw nt a pinch about....God bless u.

Oh my days! You are taking funeral ceremony for owambe party, it's a funeral right which is prayer and last respect before cremating.

Cremating is also burning but carried out legally.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by kayrichy: 6:40am On Jul 27, 2014
The symptoms of ebola virus is related to many other diseases.aw sure are they that it waz ebola,niaija way no get instrument to check for common diseases.#Bittertruth dem jez suspect and inject dat liberian man ni jawe. .shayb na dsame naija we gada day grin
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Blaqsmith(m): 6:48am On Jul 27, 2014
cyril83:

Oh my days! You are taking funeral ceremony for owambe party, it's a funeral right which is prayer and last respect before cremating.

Cremating is also burning but carried out legally.

that's all I wanna hear from u..."Cremating is burning BUT carried out LEGALLY"...thanks for ur mutual understanding.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by gunuvi(m): 6:59am On Jul 27, 2014
bushdoc9919:

1. Viral diseases like HIV and Ebolahave always existed in Africa for centuries.

2.Why they appear to be moving around all over the place is due to the fact that when the colonialist came, they brought modern forms of transport...which meant that previously infected people who would have died in their remote villages,now die far away from home....and have infected as many people as possible.

3. Viral diseases work by integrating their DNA with the host cell's DNA.....which allows them to basically use the cell to produce more viruses....which then wreck havoc on a massive tissue/organ scale. (Unlike bacteria which do not invade your cells). That is why they are so deadly. And that is how most viral diseases work....including the common cold ,and even hepatitis. You have probabaly been infected by one virus or another....the reason why you have not gone to the Great Beyond is because most viral diseases are self limiting.

4.Ebola virus originally was a virus that was prevalent in primates and fruit bats. Then it got into humans who ate infected animals.Even then,the first cases of human infection were probably mild.As the virus spread....microevolutionary changes led to the virus becoming more deadly. But it was still limited to a few isolated areas until the 20th century came along....with 20TH century transport.

5.Why is Ebola killing many people . Two reasons

a) African countries have a poor record in preventive health. If I enter a developed country with a contagious disease....I and all my contacts would be in quarantine within hours. Most African countries do not have effective quarantine methods. Then there is our underresourced and insufficent health system. And most hospitals do not have adequate quarantine facilities. And the environment is dirty. And there is no efficent disease reporting structure. You get the picture.

b) Most viral diseases have no cure. (Note that there are thousands of viruses on record). However, we are lucky....in the sense that most viral diseases are selflimiting. And even the bad ones like Polio have variable effects.( Polio may either paralyze you, or just give you a mild fever for a few days.). And then there is the human response. As an example...because of a defect in the CD4 cells of some HIV positive patients....they will never come down with AIDS....because the HIV cannot enter their CD4 cells...and thus the immune system can keep it at bay. Back to Ebola. 90% of Ebola patients die....but 10% survive...because their immune system mounts a different type of response to the Ebola virus than the 90%...an immune response that effectively clears the virus (over weeks mind)....and is the subject of current research into a vaccine that will protect against Ebola.

So, Ebola is not a plot by America against Africa(Nor is HIV). They have always been there with us....but have spread in the last few decades because of modern transport which has made the spread of viruses easier. Like our Liberian friend....if he had come down with Ebola 400 years ago....he would have died in his isolated village....and would have not spread the virus. Instead oflooking for plots....why don't we put pressure on our govt to increase funding for health....especially for preventive health.....and keep our environments clean....and not indulge in risky behaviour.?
I doff my capito for you.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 27, 2014
tobdee:
Let's just hope he didn't infect others that boarded the plane with him...they should all be tested! God will see us through !

And you can imagine that the man was supposed to attend one world summit that was holding in Calabar. As a matter of fact, report says those travelled with him in the plane still made it to Calabar. So if he wasnt seriously confronted by the virus in Lagos, he would've come to Calabar succesfully and started spreading the virus from here. God forbid!!!

1 Like

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by claycares: 7:16am On Jul 27, 2014
"We didn't want to name it after the village, Yambuku, because it's so stigmatising. You don't want to be associated with that," says Piot.

The team decided to name the virus after a river. They had a map of Zaire, although not a very detailed one, and the closest river they could see was the Ebola River. From that point on, the virus that arrived in a flask in Antwerp all those months earlier would be known as the Ebola virus."
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 27, 2014
igbo2011: Study NSSM 200 by Henry Kissinger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy0TJeMQrno
At least someone is awake in Nigeria. ......good to know.

1 Like

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Demainman1: 7:42am On Jul 27, 2014
Why dem no carry the guy go one of the miracle working churches or invite pastors to pray for am?

2 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by lumideezle(m): 7:47am On Jul 27, 2014
oyeludef: reading in btw d lines i can deduce dat its our nigerian authority dat killed d man in order to stop d spread of d virus cos wit d cremation no future autopsy can b performed. na because d man no b european or american we fit get away wit dat sha

Dumb Nigerians ! Ebola has no cure /Vaccine the medical peeps can only provide supportive care.. contacting it gurantees Death within 10-21 days. Pls Educate yourselves before talking rubbish thank you .

2 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 27, 2014
Atlast, Fashola has tested his cremation law.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by lumideezle(m): 7:55am On Jul 27, 2014
smartg: Scientists have finally done it again. In their quest on how to reduce the world population, they invents all kinds of diseases. They invented HIV, but were not happy when they saw that Hiv does not kill faster as expected; that is, an HIV patient can survive for more than 20yrs. They went on to invent SARS, but sars was more deadly than Hiv, it kills faster, but could not spread wider because the victims does not last long before they die. Now they have come up with their latest invention 'EBOLA VIRUS' which means the combination of SARS and HIV. The virus last longer and kills faster and spread wider even after the death of the victims. What a deadly disease, it can be transmitted through a physical contact even a hand shake or by touching the walls of building.
THIS IS REALLY END TIME.
ONLY JESUS CAN SAVE US!!!.

Dumb fVck!! Everything must have a religious edge to it in Naija lool

2 Likes

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by nifton(m): 8:02am On Jul 27, 2014
Wat of d pple in dat plane wit am.

1 Like

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by LilPeezy(m): 8:14am On Jul 27, 2014
Adeniyi077: So bad there's no proper burial!

Ebola, you're another weapon of mass destruction sent by either God or devil to punish this forsaken generation.

However, for you, I and our families, we shall not be partakers.
sha na so ur stupidity dun upgrade reach.....u b well educated fool o!!!!why u feel say God na send dis sickness....u 4 say na devil only na....anyway na dem invite d sickness gv dem slf by dier slf....
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by 1stola: 8:19am On Jul 27, 2014
Tunjasko:

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/body-ebola-victim-cremated-lagos/
Well good.
That man brought the virus purposely.
Hell!!!
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Adeniyi077(m): 8:37am On Jul 27, 2014
LilPeezy: sha na so ur stupidity dun upgrade reach.....u b well educated fool o!!!!why u feel say God na send dis sickness....u 4 say na devil only na....anyway na dem invite d sickness gv dem slf by dier slf....
:-)Your FOOLISHNESS no get part 2.
How many times in the Bible (and maybe the Quran) did God Himself make it clear to strike (with sickness) those who would not keep His commandments?
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by chaberry(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2014
Adeniyi077: So bad there's no proper burial!

Ebola, you're another weapon of mass destruction sent by either God or devil to punish this forsaken generation.

However, for you, I and our families, we shall not be partakers.
Amen oo
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by ramdris(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2014
Good decision from lsgt
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Afrok(m): 8:57am On Jul 27, 2014
Hehe... Thank God say dem cremate am, coz U can never trust those wey be say stealing dead body na their occupation to go dig him body from grave thinking say bcoz him be Liberian him go produce plenty money not knowing say na plenty Ebola.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by CodedTobx(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2014
Ebola no road for you here in 9ja oooo, make Liberia carrier no try follow short-cut enter 9ja...

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by LilPeezy(m): 10:18am On Jul 27, 2014
Adeniyi077: :-)Your FOOLISHNESS no get part 2.
How many times in the Bible (and maybe the Quran) did God Himself made it clear to strike (with sickness) those who who would never keep His commandments?
u r mad....so u won cari bible tek compare nw....God 4 still announce am gv us mek we hear na.....mumu lyk u....u nor jux get sense @all....
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by sammieguze(m): 10:22am On Jul 27, 2014
His body should have been dumped in sambisa forest
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by ceejayluv(m): 10:26am On Jul 27, 2014
smartg: Scientists have finally done it again. In their quest on how to reduce the world population, they invents all kinds of diseases. They invented HIV, but were not happy when they saw that Hiv does not kill faster as expected; that is, an HIV patient can survive for more than 20yrs. They went on to invent SARS, but sars was more deadly than Hiv, it kills faster, but could not spread wider because the victims does not last long before they die. Now they have come up with their latest invention 'EBOLA VIRUS' which means the combination of SARS and HIV. The virus last longer and kills faster and spread wider even after the death of the victims. What a deadly disease, it can be transmitted through a physical contact even a hand shake or by touching the walls of building.
THIS IS REALLY END TIME.
ONLY JESUS CAN SAVE US!!!.
Really?? that means they also "invented" the Spanish flu of 1916 (over 30,million deaths), the 14th century bubonic plague (one-third of European population annihilated), small pox (decimated whole native American villages), etc.... All organisms are battling for the survival of the fittest, be it micro or complex.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by chakaz(m): 10:44am On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: What is burn, what is cremate?
Them suppose dump the body for sambisa forest

1 Like

Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by bamite(m): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=pDude][/quote]such a retard;(
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by otokx(m): 10:55am On Jul 27, 2014
Was the Liberian embassy informed?
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by meme001: 11:13am On Jul 27, 2014
SiriusBlack: What is burn, what is cremate?
abeg help me ask am oh. Pls use ur dictionary when u're not sure of a word.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Sunshinelady(f): 11:22am On Jul 27, 2014
Tunjasko:

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/body-ebola-victim-cremated-lagos/
. Me thinks dat dis ebola victim might hav been given mercy killing, to prevent spread of d disease
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by Tolu91(m): 11:31am On Jul 27, 2014
They should have dumped that body in
sambisa forest instead of wasting it.
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by oyeludef(m): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2014
lumideezle:

Dumb Nigerians ! Ebola has no cure /Vaccine the medical peeps can only provide supportive care.. contacting it gurantees Death within 10-21 days. Pls Educate yourselves before talking rubbish thank you .
you dont sound educatd to me rather you sound like a tout. cant yu ppl ever make your point known witout name calling. gosh
Re: Body Of Ebola Victim Cremated In Lagos by ceeceeco: 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
Beware! Some creatures we see as humans aren't rilly humans, they're just human-like creatures dat possesses human features. I mean, hw can someone who call his or her self a human have sex with monkeys, dogs etc. Hmmm! I just cnt explain dis. The world is just a joke...so disgusting!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why It Is Bad To Completely Shave Your Pubic Hair / How To Treat Whitlow / Prof. Isa Odidi China Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing Plant: Atiku Congratulates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.