Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri (16153 Views)

I Use 5, Not 6 Vehicles In My Convoy – Information Minister / Army Bans Use Of Military Uniforms By Ex-boys Of Military Schools / APC Destroys Five PDP Vehicles In Gombe In A Revenge Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
A Nigerian army spokesman claimed that that Boko Haram has “perfected plans to launch multiple bomb explosions in Maiduguri” — the biggest city in the northeastern region and Boko Haram’s spiritual home — to coincide with celebrations of the end of Ramadan early next week.

Mohammed Dole, the spokesman said the authorities have thus declared a three-day ban on “all vehicular movement” in the city from Monday. He did not indicate when the ban would end.

Boko Haram, which is seeking to install an extremist Islamic state in Nigeria, has recently stepped up attacks on remote villages in the northeast.

On Wednesday, the group’s gunmen executed 12 people in the village of Garubula, including the chief.

The village was in Biu district, a remote part of northeastern Nigeria.

Residents said the Boko Haram attackers entered the village late Wednesday and dragged their victims out of their homes before shooting them.

“They killed 12 people including the village chief whom they shot in the head,” resident Mallam Idrissa told AFP.

Wednesday also saw bombings in north-central Kaduna blamed on Boko Haram in which 42 people died while the presumed targets of the attacks — a prominent cleric and a former head of state — escaped with their lives.

Boko Haram, which is seeking to install an extremist Islamic state in Nigeria, has recently stepped up attacks on remote villages in the northeast.

Dozens of Boko Haram gunmen raided the town of Rann in Borno state on the border with Cameroon on Friday, meeting fierce resistance, residents said.

Before beating a retreat, the insurgents hurled explosives into the police station, setting it ablaze, and bombed a local administrative building and a government lodge, they said, adding that no casualties were recorded.

“They came into town around 6:00 pm and made straight for the police station where they opened fire and the police responded, resulting in a shootout that lasted for one hour,” resident Bunu Faltaye told AFP.

Another resident, Abdullahi Brema, gave a similar account of the clash.

Then early Saturday the attackers went to Sigal village seven kilometres (four miles) away and abducted a police officer from his house, said Timothy Musa, another resident.

“We have no idea where they are holding him and we fear for his life,” Musa said.

Source: http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2014/07/26/boko-haram-bombs-army-bans-vehicles-in-maiduguri/

1 Like

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by Sijo01(f): 11:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: cool

Leibnitz: angry

Go to bed, fellow.

2 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by Mutuwa(m): 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
They will soon ban ppl from even trekking.

1 Like

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by macpetrus(m): 11:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
Security Reason(s)... Welcome development...

2 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by Leibnitz: 11:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
Sijo01:

Go to bed, fellow.
Esq. I am doing my work. My wife is already asleep wink
Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
Chai...Maiduguri are suffering oooo...Chai this is bad. So car owners cant use their cars?
Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by poiZon: 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
noted....
time to recycle the bicycle.

6 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by omenka(m): 12:18am On Jul 27, 2014
Those demons have really succeeded in bombing that state back to the stone age! What a pity.

Guess at this point, camels and donkeys would come in handy.

8 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by LordMecuzy(m): 12:34am On Jul 27, 2014
hmmm
Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 27, 2014
Thats so absurd.......shows the lack of Nigeria miltary intelligence to curb the menace.

4 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by Soji123(m): 12:42am On Jul 27, 2014
Yes, i read it at AIT
Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by jayseehe(m): 5:27am On Jul 27, 2014
stupidest move ever

they should go back to the old days of using animals like camels.... or probably bicycles

2 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by superior1: 5:27am On Jul 27, 2014
If that will stop the bombing

1 Like

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by hernars(m): 5:29am On Jul 27, 2014
jaakjzjhaaj
Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by eaglechild: 5:31am On Jul 27, 2014
Whatever it takes to prevent loss of innocent lives should be done.

3 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by Adeniyi077(m): 5:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Anything goes! We just don't want to see innocent lives cut short.
Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by olanshi: 5:34am On Jul 27, 2014
Horse, Camel, Donkey, Bicycle, Skateboard will be used to run errands then.

1 Like

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by Henrypraise: 5:35am On Jul 27, 2014
Very gud move by d military.

2 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by Akbee(m): 5:38am On Jul 27, 2014
wl dat stop those blood thirsty people from killing more people?

2 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 27, 2014
I had a good laugh. A joke carried too far. Ban vehicle? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by tejpot(m): 5:38am On Jul 27, 2014
Anything will do for now
Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by ojimbo(m): 5:40am On Jul 27, 2014
soon, frustrated el rufai will tweet rubbish again

1 Like

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by tigonana: 5:40am On Jul 27, 2014
Whichever way dey will do it they shld atleast protect d inncent lives.
Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by ceejay80s(m): 5:42am On Jul 27, 2014
All i know is boko harams are aboki, they should continue kìlling their people and destroying their region, i go know how many go remain to help them vote buhari in next year election
after they finish killing their people

2 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by datguru: 5:43am On Jul 27, 2014
Is this the best way to tackle insurgency?

By restricting free movement of civilians ? angry

1 Like

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by disloman(m): 5:46am On Jul 27, 2014
Omo!c gobe.wey I dey plan to trip my gf out with my new Crosstour.Chai!daris god ooooo.
Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by disloman(m): 5:47am On Jul 27, 2014
datguru: Is this the best way to tackle insurgency?

By restricting free movement of civilians ? angry
But to save lives is paramount.(Better being alive in ur room than dead while aving fun outside)

2 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by tetralogyfallot(m): 5:51am On Jul 27, 2014
A
Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by disloman(m): 5:52am On Jul 27, 2014
ceejay80s: All i know is boko harams are aboki, they should continue kìlling their people and destroying their region, i go know how many go remain to help them vote buhari in next year election
after they finish killing their people
One day,one of ur relatives might b involved oooo.I pray this menace should end soon.

7 Likes

Re: Army Bans Vehicles In Maiduguri by shadowwalker101: 5:54am On Jul 27, 2014
Why naa
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Jonathan Drinking At An Event / Chibuike Onyeukwu: Ihedioha Did Not Dump Christian Faith / My Oga At The Top

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.