Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards (21550 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Do Pastors Really Believe In A "God" All Is It All An Act? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by olumuyiolaoluwa: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2014
OP and MODS' Y DO U GUYZ ALWAYZ BRING NASTY TOPICS ON SUNDAYS after smoking ur WEEDZ,to cause e-war abi.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:49am On Jul 27, 2014
why cant their blind man-god protect them?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by berrystunn(m): 11:05am On Jul 27, 2014
Them tell us say fear not GOD is with you... Psalm 91.

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." 3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. 4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. 5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. 7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. 8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. 9 If you make the Most High your dwelling-- even the LORD, who is my refuge-- 10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; 12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. 13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. 14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

This bible passage is for the poor members only... Not for the pastors that why they need body guards grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by synergycom19: 11:08am On Jul 27, 2014
AdelokikiMr: . Mr Op, why should a man of God that preach against sin should be afraid of death or any attack when he knew is doing his mater Job and if anything happens to him he's still going to be at the masters arm or palace, Fine I'm a man of God That preaches about Faith and yet I do not have the faith that the God will protect me anywhere I am instead I use my own little way of protecting myself with body guards, to me I would rather preach d competence of d body guard instead of me preaching d person dat could nt guide me..which means if dey are truly man of God they will not be afraid no matter what shikena
God will always protect his children, but they also do their bits about protecting themselves. Throughout bible history God did not move to save the children of Israel, without them being physically present doing their own bit
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by hushmail: 11:13am On Jul 27, 2014
lalasticlala:

In another instance, at the eve of Jesus' crucifixion, during his arrest, Peter used knife (arms) to cut off the ear of one of those that had come to arrest his master (oga) in an attempt to protect him.

Correct me where necessary.

u quoted only d portion dat supports ur arguement.
If u go down further dat verse , u will realise dat Jesus reaction shows dat He is averse to d idea of body guard

Happy Sunday
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by IYANGBALI: 11:13am On Jul 27, 2014
PAGAN9JA: why cant their blind man-god protect them?
haba why now?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by AdelokikiMr(m): 11:13am On Jul 27, 2014
synergycom19:
God will always protect his children, but they also do their bits about protecting themselves. Throughout bible history God did not move to save the children of Israel, without them being physically present doing their own bit
. What does that insinuate in one sentence ?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by IYANGBALI: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2014
synergycom19:
we are talking of pastors here not israelites damn it
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Originalsly: 11:16am On Jul 27, 2014
A pastor with bodyguards is a pastor with no faith in God period. Shouldn't he wrap himself in the armour of God and be willing to die for his belief? The one lesson pastors and Christians in general should learn from terrorists...is that they are willing to die for their belief. Not everyone that says he is of God is of God...by their words and actions we should discern the wolves in sheep clothing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by obailala(m): 11:21am On Jul 27, 2014
Pastors are humans too.. and no matter how good a person is, he must have enemies who want to hurt him... If a pastor can afford bodyguards, I see nothing wrong with that except of course the fact that some NIgerian pastors misuse their right to guards and use these thugs to harrass law abiding citizens... I have heard cases of pastor's bodyguard beating up an individual who tried to overtake a convoy undecided

..And yes, it is biblical, when Apostle Paul's life was threatened, he had 200 soldiers , 70 horsemen and 200 spear men to protect him from 40 men.. Remember, heaven helps those who help themselves. A person who can afford security guards but rather moves around without security in a volatile environment expecting God's angels to protect him, that will amount to testing God... OYO
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by blocker: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2014
grin grin grin grin My wahala be say who kwanu go bear the costs of expensive security such as these?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by 0rlando0woh: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2014
If you say Jesus used his disciples as body guards, then you Pastors should use their church members as body guards shouldn't they? Why then do they move around with armed thugs, policemen and probably military men some of who are not even christians?
Your comparison doesn't add up.
Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by aryzgreat: 11:32am On Jul 27, 2014
olumuyiolaoluwa: OP and MODS' Y DO U GUYZ ALWAYZ BRING NASTY TOPICS ON SUNDAYS after smoking ur WEEDZ,to cause e-war abi.

Nairaland is anti-christian site. Every sunday rather than bring up an edifying topic, all they do is bring church bashing, Christ bashing or clergy bashing topics and no MOD regulates christian threads the way maclatunji regulates islam thread.

Most anti-christian comments here are from muslims and atheist, which u can never see in islamic threads.

i am out of here! unfollows thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by lonelydora: 11:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Real pastors do not need bodyguards but fake ones need
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by danot1030: 11:42am On Jul 27, 2014
saintvc: Did jesus use body-guard?
There are much d bible was silent about Jesus Jh.21:25. And attempt or claim to d knowledge of d person of Jesus cannot be adequate no matter d research, cos d more u know d more u discover u have much u have not know. Beside Jesus was surrounded wit men and women dat has made remarkable success in there endearvous, that shuld tell u of wot they were capable of having access to.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by heykims(m): 11:43am On Jul 27, 2014
I heard one pastor in Nigeria has abt three private jets, plz is ds true?
If true, plz are his followers crazy?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Mavor: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2014
See this mu-mu OP comparing Jesus Christ and this crop of hypocritical Pharisees called Nigerian pastors. That this $hit made frontpage is the bigger tragedy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by danot1030: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2014
saintvc: Did jesus use body-guard?
There are much d bible was silent about Jesus Jh.21:25. And attempt or claim to d knowledge of d person of Jesus cannot be adequate no matter d research, cos d more u know d more u discover u have much u have not know. Beside Jesus was surrounded wit men and women dat has made remarkable success in there endearvous, that shuld tell u of wot they were capable of having access to, so don't underestimate Jesus cos of limited letter information.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by berrystunn(m): 11:53am On Jul 27, 2014
....... - 10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. 11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in your ways; 12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. 13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

Note.
When you step on people... You need bodyguards... When you think your games will be over soon you need bodyguards... When you think people don't love you because of your too much money you need bodyguards... When you have rivals you need more bodyguards, when you have fear, you need 2 many bodyguards....when you eat peoples money you need bodyguards you never can tell...when you have opposition , you need bodyguards.

The Bible passage psalm 91. Not even one angel will come near you . crySo I support they shld have many many many too much bodyguards.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by danie89: 11:57am On Jul 27, 2014
i dont buy d idea.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by RiffRaff: 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
have faith sheeples Dog is in control

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by visasubagent: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
Topestbilly:

Why are you so confuse?
I wanted to say these men CANNOT be equated with Jesus.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by shejane: 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
I don't know about you, but d main reason why most pastors have security men is to prevent multitude of men and women from rushing to them and sleeping at their gate.

If my Bishop Oyedepo has no security men around him, people will be sleeping @ his gate waiting for him to lay hand on them and can even tear his clothes or turn his premises to refuge camp

Jesus has his disciples guiding him all his days on earth, even paul raise his own disciples as well pls read ur bible well

Fr Mbaka believe b4 that he didn't need guards until circumstances prove him order wise

The people that guard my Bishop at d altar are members of CCU(Crowd Control Unit) not mopol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
queensenglish91: David said that. Why did he have armies and guards?

David was a king not a prophet of God. You grab? undecided
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by iamord(m): 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
NoContract: Ok
. 3rd pic is deep and demands reasoning

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by BenBradley(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
God bless u for bringing this up! But if u are comparing Jesus with this pastors, then u are wrong cause Jesus carried his disciples along not for protection but to aid him in spreading the word so if the pastors in question wanna do same, they should move around with their junior pastors and co not the damn bodyguards.......
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Moredew(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
Deluded followers allowing theirselves to be deceived by pastors and politicians. May i never be like u bigots.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by MayorNaija(m): 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
End time pastors
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by dokunbam(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
Let them use Bodyguard if they want it

Let them use Bodyguard if they need it

my own
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Wisdytech(m): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Its a wrong believe so that means you the pastor dont have believe in your maker for protection rather on man! What are you preaching?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by iamord(m): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
Eyepencil: T.B JOSHUA IS A REAL MAN OF GOD

HE NEEDS NO BODYGUARD TO PROTECT HIM

Ok
Pls direct this to the AD section
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Moredew(m): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
aryzgreat:

Nairaland is anti-christian site. Every sunday rather than bring up an edifying topic, all they do is bring church bashing, Christ bashing or clergy bashing topics and no MOD regulates christian threads the way maclatunji regulates islam thread.

Most anti-christian comments here are from muslims and atheist, which u can never see in islamic threads.

i am out of here! unfollows thread.
not anti christian bt here ppl reason deeply before dey do things dat has to do with religion. Unlike som of u dat fear to question wht u were indoctrinated with.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Peter Nworie Chukwu Ordained For Abakaliki Catholic Diocese / Where And How Can I Summon This Spirit? / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wife, Folu, On Her 73rd Birthday (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.