Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,182 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:25 AM

Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards (21530 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Do Pastors Really Believe In A "God" All Is It All An Act? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Edwardhead(m): 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
visasubagent: Well , these men can be equated with Jesus. Jesus was God and a man at the same time.
if he was a God, do you think God need or rely on bodyguards?
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
FrancisTony: There's nothing to justify their use of bodyguards, if they were truly called by God. smiley

Preaching of christ ministry is a matter of "life and death".

Or they should quit pastoring and extorting money from masses and less privileged. undecided
Oga wake up
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
ebamma: Psalm 27 verse 1 says
'The Lord is my light and
my salvation; whom shall
I fear? the Lord is the
strength of my life; of
whom shall I be afraid'.

any pastor were use bodyguard, na charlatan him be.
daft Christian

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
Topgainer: What I see in it is Pastors not living what they preach.
Many times they quote fear not, yet they fear the most.
They say trust in the Lord with all your heart, yet they seek security through various means.

They say give all you have to the Lord and worry not about tomorrow yet their bank account savings and investments shows they feared tomorrow most
They spent huge amounts of money(offerings) to secure the services of Personal Security details.Where is that supported in the Bible

Okotie's Bodyguards looked so mean and could scare the demons off the faint-hearted
aren't they human n r they like Jesus DAT represent God in human form
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by jerryjere(m): 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
Rioavez: Just cos its life and death don't mean they should ignore security challenges bro. These people got families and loved ones too. Happy sunday
dat is y it's God word dey are doing so if death come dey should nt be afraid and allowed God to be their shield instead of bodyguard
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by jaytee01(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
Topgainer: What I see in it is Pastors not living what they preach.
Many times they quote fear not, yet they fear the most.
They say trust in the Lord with all your heart, yet they seek security through various means.

They say give all you have to the Lord and worry not about tomorrow yet their bank account savings and investments shows they feared tomorrow most
They spent huge amounts of money(offerings) to secure the services of Personal Security details.Where is that supported in the Bible

Okotie's Bodyguards looked so mean and could scare the demons off the faint-hearted
Any "Pastor" who moves about with bodyguards like the ones pictured above is FAKE!. How can they preach to their followers to have full faith in the ability of God to protect them from danger when they themselves do not display such faith? PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by daniwealth(m): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
ignorance thats makes people talk about this things,Jesus moves with all those disciples not because he is afraid of anybody harming him...those pastors walkiing with bodyguard is not because the are afraid of death,is because they are been kept away from the mob coming to touch him,if he walk just like that many people will love to touch the man of God and the can wound him in the process.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by jaytee01(m): 6:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
shejane: I don't know about you, but d main reason why most pastors have security men is to prevent multitude of men and women from rushing to them and sleeping at their gate.

If my Bishop Oyedepo has no security men around him, people will be sleeping @ his gate waiting for him to lay hand on them and can even tear his clothes or turn his premises to refuge camp

Jesus has his disciples guiding him all his days on earth, even paul raise his own disciples as well pls read ur bible well

Fr Mbaka believe b4 that he didn't need guards until circumstances prove him order wise

The people that guard my Bishop at d altar are members of CCU(Crowd Control Unit) not mopol
RUBBISH!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Zinosalexander(m): 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
queensenglish91: Your paradigm is not entirely wrong. But look up this scripture.

Proverbs 21:31
The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord.

Maybe i misunderstand your scripture but it seems to butress my point
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by allaboutobed(m): 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
Jesus did nt nd neva ha bodyguards.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Joagbaje(m): 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
Security is simple common sense. It should be adopted when there's need. Jesus did it . Paul did it . Anyone can do it if he has need for security.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
Joagbaje: Security is simple common sense. It should be adopted when there's need. Jesus did it . Paul did it . Anyone can do it if he has need for security.

Can you show us where Jesus did it and Paul did it , not as a one off but on a perpetual basis.

Please ensure you provide these examples in the right context of the danger they faced at the time.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Joagbaje(m): 12:15am On Jul 28, 2014
frosbel:
Can you show us where Jesus did it and Paul did it , not as a one off but on a perpetual basis.
Please ensure you provide these examples in the right context of the danger they faced at the time.
Thanks.

My point is that everyone should do all it takes to protect himself according to his level of faith. Just as some RECIEVE healing by prayers and others by drug.

Jesus protected himself several times in the bible.

John 7:1
AFTER THIS, Jesus went from place to place in Galilee, for He would not travel in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill Him.

John 8:59
Then took they up stones to cast at him:but Jesus hid himself. . . . .

John 10:39
Therefore they sought again to take him:but he escaped out of their hand,

John 11:53-54
Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death. Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews. . . .

He once encouraged the disciples to get sword . And the carried swords
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 28, 2014
Even Jesus had body guards. tongue
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 28, 2014
of course pastors need body guards. It is a no brainer. they were never under the protection of God in the first place. Jesus disciples were not his body guards because Jesus was always in the midst of large crowds when he preached, the Romans could not arrest him for fear of a riot. Jesus was arrested in secret at night. His so called bodyguards fled the scene. but it is no surprise. all we have today are false prophets sons of Satan wolves in sheeps clothing. bastards of prosperity gospel and grace gospels. their end is the deep depths of Hell together with their clueless followers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by iamord(m): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2014
voltron: of course pastors need body guards. It is a no brainer. they were never under the protection of God in the first place. Jesus disciples were not his body guards because Jesus was always in the midst of large crowds when he preached, the Romans could not arrest him for fear of a riot. Jesus was arrested in secret at night. His so called bodyguards fled the scene. but it is no surprise. all we have today are false prophets sons of Satan wolves in sheeps clothing. bastards of prosperity gospel and grace gospels. their end is the deep depths of Hell together with their clueless followers
u are. Wise.. This is the reason.. If u read they wanted to kill him but couldn't cos they feared thr crowd. Knowledge is power

for all you that look. Unto the likes of all this Pastors .thinking that is Only The african Pastors that are evil.. your eye will clear when. U find out the likes of oral Roberth, td jakes benny. Hinn. And co are all. Freemasons.. Keep Sleeping religious. People!! Keep sleeping!
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by jeunof: 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
voltron: of course pastors need body guards. It is a no brainer. they were never under the protection of God in the first place. Jesus disciples were not his body guards because Jesus was always in the midst of large crowds when he preached, the Romans could not arrest him for fear of a riot. Jesus was arrested in secret at night. His so called bodyguards fled the scene. but it is no surprise. all we have today are false prophets sons of Satan wolves in sheeps clothing. bastards of prosperity gospel and grace gospels. their end is the deep depths of Hell together with their clueless followers

And Abraham, the friend of God, the father of all believers had bodyguards, almost an army of 400 soldiers; At this time, according to the bible Abraham was very rich.
Yes man of God must have bodyguard. We must have faith and wisdow like Abraham
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
jeunof:

And Abraham, the friend of God, the father of all believers had bodyguards, almost an army of 400 soldiers; At this time, according to the bible Abraham was very rich.
Yes man of God must have bodyguard. We must have faith and wisdow like Abraham

In Truth. God Protects no one from his fellow man. only lions snakes and scorpions. that is a bummer. here I was praying.g for protection. it now makes sense how robbers will stroll into a sermon in session and kill the head pastor or how Islamic extremists will sit the throats of children and women in church on a Sunday night. it is official folks.! God cannot save a single hair on your head. get all the protection you need otherwise.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by igbanbajo(m): 6:29am On Jul 29, 2014
lalasticlala: I used to kick against Pastors moving about with bodyguards. I was like, what do they need bodyguards for, did Jesus move about with bodyguards?
But I seem to have a rethink now.
First, there are instances where pastors were reportedly killed abroad while preaching in the pulpit.
Then just few weeks ago, it was reported that a Nigerian Redeem Pastor was killed in the North by the dreaded insurgent group operating in those regions and his family abducted.
Although I doubt if the bodyguards could have withstood the attack had it been the pastor had bodyguards.
The security situation in the country has made the need for bodyguards by Nigerian pastors a desideratum and a sine qua non.

Then about my earlier thought about Jesus Christ not moving with bodyguards doing his time, I saw one comment sometime ago that seemed to buttress the fact that he did have bodyguards.

I think his disciples were his bodyguards.
They moved along with him wherever he went to.

Recall the time some children were trying to come to him and the disciples tried to prevent them but he told them to allow them.

In another instance, at the eve of Jesus' crucifixion, during his arrest, Peter used knife (arms) to cut off the ear of one of those that had come to arrest his master (oga) in an attempt to protect him.

So Nigerian pastors should have bodyguards if they wish but shouldn't use them to intimidate others.

Correct me where necessary.

Twisted logic.
Re: Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards by shejane: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nice thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Wife, Folu, On Her 73rd Birthday (Photos, Video) / Difference Between Christmas And Xmas / Questions That Baffle Me About God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.