Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

My Husband's Cousin Won't Greet Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband's Cousin Won't Greet Me (4038 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Should I Eject My Lesbian Cousin From My House? / Lusting After My Husband's Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: My Husband's Cousin Won't Greet Me by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 28, 2014
I think the major issue is the iciness.It may not just be the greeting,it could be that there's no form of pleasantries shared at all and the person is living in their house,being catered to etc It would feel a tad uncomfortable and knowing how respect is tied to greeting for our people this would be a bitter pill to swallow for the op grin
I force myself to greet people I don't like even though my face and heart revolt(I ask myself why I even bother).

For the pot issue,different strokes for different folks.Some people view the kitchen as a sacred place,their domain..especially where Daddy eats a special part of the meat.Remember Nigerians are superstitious.Imagine coming back to your house and finding a red ribbon tied to your gate grin.I had a friend who's mom used to pray against cats.
In a situation like that,a stranger or a relation who is frosty or totally ignores her cannot just waltz into her domain and do as he/she pleases.
Their life,their right to choose what to guard against in their homes.
Re: My Husband's Cousin Won't Greet Me by Aniekwe1: 9:33am On Jun 26, 2015
Re: My Husband's Cousin Won't Greet Me by tiredface: 10:51am On Jun 26, 2015
HE DOESN'T REALLY UNDERSTANDS THAT HE'S JUST A VISITOR. ANYONE UNDER YOUR RUFF SHOULD PLAY BY YOUR RULES. WHAT'S HE DOING THERE ANYWAY?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill / ”Thank You For Destroying The Family’s Reputation”–Dad Tells Daughter / Do We Still Feed Our Babies This Way???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.