Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,932 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? (25974 Views)

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters / See The Bush Rat That Was Killed At My Workplace Today (Photos) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by ednut1(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
abeg where suya seller dey see meat on sundays
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by mrprestige(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
A bush meat seller can never tell u what he or she is serving in ur favourite local bar. Dog follow, pussy cat follow, antelope follow, bushbaby follow grin. If meat don pass goat, ram, turkey n Chicken count me out grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
No Bush meat till further notice grin
Hello Nlanders, help a brother advance to the next stage of this UN Youth competition by voting for my project here. https://www.youth-competition.org/groups/entrepreneurship-competition-2013/contests/2/1269
Thank you very much in advance.
Stay Away From Bush meat! grin
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
fingard02k: cant remember last time i ate it.. Over 13yrs
hmm you dey miss sha, well the best type of bush meat to eat is the one caught by snares,traps, i dont even advice the eating of gun hunted animals, i prefer the one killed by arrows. But instead of just going off to a restaurant to buy any meat in the name of bushmeat, one can get the fresh unskinned animal from village market(common in benin) and that way you will know what you re eating, back then i and my grandad do enjoy the taste of the african "cervet cat" common in benin, the giant grasscutter(cane rat), the porcupine, the giant ground squirrel,the potto(bush baby) the ostritch, Boa(na peppersoup tins), anteaters, squirrels(sweet but small) , and the bushfowl(usually eat this one with tears in my eyes, if dem use am cook soup for you, you go humble) many more sha,

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Chaleeee: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
@OP Wch 1 be "impaler" again? P.O.I.D.B.I.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Lakayanah: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Not only bush meat o hmm Nigerians are very heartless when it comes to looking for money, that minced meat you are buying do you know the source? After ritualist remove the parts they want what stops them from grinding the other parts?

3 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by akpanikpe(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Pray tell.... how do you differentiate between Tiger meat and an Antelope's meat since it seems "you've eaten all the bush meat" that exist.
He says he knows most of them, not all, @ list he can differentiate between rabbit and rat.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by CodedTobx(m): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bush meat nko bush meat niii......... Run for your life to live long, ebola no be play play diseases oooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Pray tell.... how do you differentiate between Tiger meat and an Antelope's meat since it seems "you've eaten all the bush meat" that exist.
its easy cat meats always have this distinct taste, i remember when we bought a fresh leopard on my bday, the whole house fell sick after eating the meat, cat meats are not too sweet, either leopard oh, lion oh, cheeter oh, except that west african civet(i nor know either i spell am well) na dat one be the game changer for cat meat, lest i forget monkey meat dey make sence for stew, choi,
abi na scaly anteater you want talk, me dey look for them when them hungry me, i nor mind run go village market go buy this thing, to hell with ebola, this western people want to make us feel that anything african is bad
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Krasid(m): 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
What you don't know won't kill you.So i don't want to know.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by chidikus: 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
When i was in Lagos i never seen a vulture but since i relocated to East Vulture meat in abudance here.i have eaten quails,guinea fowl.duck but have never seen a delicacy like vulture meat.It is herbal for two years i have been on vulture meat i never had fever.For me its the best bush meat.the egg goes for 5000/one.
Ebola virus.who be Ebola.Afer steaming all virus in d body dead.
VULTURE FARMING IS LUCRATIVE.the eggs are in high demand.Visit or draconian farms on how to train vultures.bats.snakes,monkeys.Training coming up soon.for reservations mail to chidikus@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Talkcentral: 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
h
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
overhypedsteve: its easy cat meats always have this distinct taste, i remember when we bought a fresh leopard on my bday, the whole house fell sick after eating the meat, cat meats are not too sweet, either leopard oh, lion oh, cheeter oh, except that west african civet(i nor know either i spell am well) na dat one be the game changer for cat meat

Hmmm... seems you know your bush meat business well.

Enjoy o!!!

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Exponental(m): 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Even eateries, what type of meat do we eat? Do u know if it's a dead animal dat was butchered for commercial purpose?
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by buoye1(m): 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
D name nt my bisnez....jx gemme bush meat!weda na lion or elephant.....carry go
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
youngice: since i hear e-bola i no dey chop even sardine again , i don buy hand glove both latex and leather, hand sanitizer, and even hoodie wey get gas mask and
Nice one bro. Mesef don dey dress like ninja.

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by eaglechild: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
overhypedsteve: its easy cat meats always have this distinct taste, i remember when we [b]bought a fresh leopard on my bday, [/b]the whole house fell sick after eating the meat, cat meats are not too sweet, either leopard oh, lion oh, cheeter oh, except that west african civet(i nor know either i spell am well) na dat one be the game changer for cat meat

Really?!

So you encourage the depletion of rare wild life.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by spyder880(m): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
Anu nchi and correct fresh palm-wine never killed anybody before grin

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by eddyland: 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
Chaleeee: @OP Wch 1 be "impaler" again? P.O.I.D.B.I.
Impala na one kind of African antelope like dat wey get one kind of horns wey resemble tree sticks
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by NwaNimo1(m): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
A sufficient amount of 'Ose' will kill any virus within the meat . .. . Also if you wash it down with a minimum of 3 bottles of 'star' you can't catch any 'ebola' from the meat.

As for what it is - as long as the animal was killed in the bush and not reared on a farm then it qualifies as bush meat.

I normally consume around Xmas, Easter and New Years . . . . . .
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Elebiju: 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
I love Bush meat even in this perilous time.

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
what u dnt knw doesn't rily kill you..til u kum knw am..till den na bush creatures sure pass..bt mk perxn no mistakenly chop bushbaby 1 day....and in all ur choping remember chicken tasted beta during the bird flu era.xo nw in this ebola season we at the Federal ministry of health urge all of you to stick solely to bushmeat especialy dat of hyena n vultures.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
chidikus: When i was in Lagos i never seen a vulture but since i relocated to East Vulture meat in abudance here.i have eaten quails,guinea fowl.duck but have never seen a delicacy like vulture meat.It is herbal for two years i have been on vulture meat i never had fever.For me its the best bush meat.the egg goes for 5000/one.
Ebola virus.who be Ebola.Afer steaming all virus in d body dead.
VULTURE FARMING IS LUCRATIVE.the eggs are in high demand.Visit or draconian farms on how to train vultures.bats.snakes,monkeys.Training coming up soon.for reservations mail to chidikus@gmail.com
this are my men talking, oh boy i dun take your email, me wan try that vulture one of this days, but me no go like chop trained vulture meat, cus if its trained it wont taste like the real bushmeat(mentaly)
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by seedorfg(m): 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ebola Virus Ther ris God ooooo
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
Akoja360: what u dnt knw doesn't rily kill you..til u kum knw am..till den na bush creatures sure pass..bt mk perxn no mistakenly chop bushbaby 1 day....and in all ur choping remember chicken tasted beta during the bird flu era.xo nw in this ebola season we at the Federal ministry of health urge all of you to stick solely to bushmeat especialy dat of hyena n vultures.
thanks minister, but oga minister why you nor like bushbaby now, i promise you if you taste am you go subscribe oh, potto meat na nice one oh, only say the close resemblance of its hand to the human hand they scare me
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Frankenstein: 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
Tallesty1: Nothing can stop me from eating bush meat............. I know most of them sha so nobody can fool me into buying something else.
You are risking your life here if you stick to your bush-meat addiction and ignore safety measures. This is the exact reason why so many new diseases have infected humans. Eating undercooked meat of reservoir hosts of deadly pathogens.

Stubborn uneducated and intractable people have been causing epidemics since 2000BC!

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Jovie: 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
hmm...with dis ebola wahala. I bet d animals go dey talk 4 dia mind "make dem come chop na..."

1 Like

Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Teebegs: 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
Next topic pls
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
Elebiju: I love Bush meat even in this perilous time.
this is not fair oh, chai in this trying times na im only you wan devour that thing, money no dey, people are suffering but see wetin person wan chop, choi there is God oh
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by rattlesnake(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
eboila
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by Frankenstein: 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
NwaNimo1: A sufficient amount of 'Ose' will kill any virus within the meat . .. . Also if you wash it down with a minimum of 3 bottles of 'star' you can't catch any 'ebola' from the meat.

As for what it is - as long as the animal was killed in the bush and not reared on a farm then it qualifies as bush meat.

I normally consume around Xmas, Easter and New Years . . . . . .
This is why Africa will never develop! Backward and unreasonable thinking. I feel like slapping you, mister.
Re: Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? by jericco1(m): 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
OP you're lying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Thread Is For Food Lovers ( Foodies)..upload The Foods You Eat. / How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? / A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.