Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? (13866 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Cooking With Garlic / Let's Talk About Cooking Pots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by ObiOkpor(m): 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
Jamean: undecided the food tastes great when your sweat drops in the pot or you wash your seasoned hand in it...
#pls don't ask if I've tried it#
Jamean sweetheart,so all this while this is the method you've being using to prepare my meals?
Though,they are very tasty..Hope you've never washed the down part put?
*Na joke i dey o!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by seuncyrus(m): 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
1. As a man its a taboo for u to taste soup while its still on fire..... 2.meal cooked with firewood tastes better than the one cooked with gas , stove or electric cooker
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Cheeun(f): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
grin
Jamean:

abeg borrow me laugh
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by ObiOkpor(m): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
Jamean:

abeg borrow me laugh
grin
Jamean:

abeg borrow me laugh
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by hapyz: 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
If u put iron spoon inside a cookin beans it wil neva get soft
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by ijbeauty(f): 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
ObiOkpor: I've heard alot..
First,don't slice oha vegetable otherwise it will be bitter..
2,when boiling corn/maize,don't add salt,cause it will never done..
3,when cooking,don't taste it with spoon(this is for the male),otherwise your nipples will be like that of little girl developing breast.
4,when boiling strong meat,put nail to soften it..lols
5,a young lady that taste the spoon while cooking,hardly get married...
6,too many cooks spoil the food...
7,foods prepared with fire wood,is tastier than the one's prepared with gas,stove and the rest..
8,when you use onion in preparing soup,it gets sour in the next few hours....
*e plenty bt mk i stop here.Dnt ask me hw i take kn all dz*

Your number 1,2, 7 are facts and not myth

1 Like

Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by ifekemmy(f): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
1. If a preg woman eat from d pot, d baby wil be black
2. If u talk when removing feather from chicken, it wil grow back
3. If a preg woman make moin-moin, it won't be don
4. If u wan to open gizzard to remove dirt, u av to say ah! 3 times
5. if u take soup on fire for a man, his tin wil be small, so u av to sprinkle small soup inside d fire

I arrest my case grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by ObiOkpor(m): 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
ijbeauty:

Your number 1,2, 7 are facts and not myth
really?
Tell me more!
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by adedayourt(m): 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
You don't pierce ur yam to check wether its done while cooking, it instil fear into d mind of the eater
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
So You dey chop dog? Chai!
natureblack: I heard when preparing dog-meat pepper-soup a lot of dry gin(kai-kai) must be applied.Lest the meat would be too fatty to eat.
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
drug abuse! tongue
nekaa: panadol inside the oil you want to use to fry fish or chicken; this is to stop it from splashing oil around.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by timsbee(f): 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
Pregnant women dont cook moin moin...if dey av to cook it, dey must use knife to cross d cover of d pot. I av don it twice when i was preggy but its not true.
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Gemc3(f): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
ThoniaSlim: You can't cut the oha leaves used to make oha soup with a knife. You have to use your hands or it won't be tasty. smiley

If you use a knife to cut the leaf, it draws. . .
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Sogen2(f): 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ladybluecash: Wen slicin onion to avoid water cumin out of ur eyes, chew gum

this is a confirmed fact

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by ogoplus: 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
MrRhymes101: when removing the feathers of a chicken, don't make noise or they grow back

This is true...to an extent.
If you keep talking while removing feathers from chicken so sort very tiny hair-like stuffs tend to resurface on the chicken's skin.
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
When cookin,aftr addin salt,throw a bit over d shoulder... It brings goodluck. Up till nw,I still do that. lol
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Alice07: 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
If you cook jellof rice while on your menstrual period it will burn.
If you cook moimoi while on Ur period it won't get done.
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
1; if a young girl pounds an empty mortar, her. Breasts won't come out. 2; if the food is salty add few slices of yam to it and it will reduce (this 1 is true)
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Sleekshady(f): 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
If you are on ur period and you prepare moi moi e no go done even if na 10 years except u put charcoal when turning

1 Like

Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Stunner1(f): 2:56am On Aug 01, 2014
nekaa: panadol inside the oil you want to use to fry fish or chicken; this is to stop it from splashing oil around.

Ewwwwwwww i'd rada the oil splashes around!!!! Lyk serzly uggghhhh

1 Like

Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:04am On Aug 01, 2014
Gemc3:

If you use a knife to cut the leaf, it draws. . .

Oh really? Didn't know that. Just grew up knowing you don't cut it with a knife and so I don't.
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by AMACRITY(f): 11:59am On Aug 01, 2014
talkin while adding washed bitter leaf to soup makes d soup bitter.
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
How true is the fact
Sogen2:

this is a confirmed fact
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by cuteyspy(f): 1:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
You leave d cookin spoon in d soup,it turns sour.
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by merieam16(f): 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
kendraloops: if you are on your period and you fry akara, it never comes out well. (happened to me o)

if you perceive any sweet cooking aroma at night, you just perceived a witch's cooking.

dont eat pounded yam without soup, you will become deaf.

lol
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by charis3(f): 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hi people,

For absolutely gorgeous jewelry, both casuals/official and traditional, your most reliable point of call will be Vynx beads.

At Vynx, we ensure we use the highest quality of materials by carefully selecting from the best suppliers in the industry.

We use swarovski elements, corals, glass beads and semi precious stones.

Also, we provide the perfect gift items for your loved ones and have it delivered also.

Here are some of our pieces.

You can call us on 08020834370

Nikki
Head of sales, Vynx beads

Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by ChiJenyfa(f): 10:52pm On Aug 01, 2014
SmooshCHN: 1, Grinding pepper with Stone (manually) makes the Stew sweeter.. undecided
Very true.
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by SmooshCHN: 4:08am On Aug 02, 2014
ChiJenyfa: Very true.
Open teeth people don't like me don't find it easy at all.. Just blend it with a manual blender joor and use the power of onion embarassed
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by njiaka(f): 6:59am On Aug 02, 2014
U don't use left hand to add ingredient in ur food, and u don't dish food for males yle d food is fire
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Sogen2(f): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
Unibenstudent: How true is the fact

try it and see.
Re: What Are The Strange Myths You've Heard About Cooking? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
Wht u smiling like that in ur dp, but it cool sha
Sogen2:

try it and see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indomie, Chikki Or O! Noodles: Which One Tastes Best? / Why Igbos Dey Fear Amala? / Hero Lager Beer -who Owns It? Drink Your Hero Jaree..udo Pasa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.