Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,276 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:40 AM

If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? (1867 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by kayce911(f): 10:52am On Jul 27, 2014
The bible says "when two or three persons are gathered in his name he is present there" which means when we dont gather in his name he is not present.....logically he is not everywhere.

if God is everywhere why do he still need to send angels to deliver messages to ppl..

is he in hell too with the devil ? plz i need us to discuss this critically.
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by Dubby6(m): 11:02am On Jul 27, 2014
Make i go church go ask my pastor...brb
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 27, 2014
Yeas. grin
He's also in every drop of your urine and poo. grin

1 Like

Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by ayoku777(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2014
kayce911: The bible says "when two or three persons are gathered in his name he is present there" which means when we dont gather in his name he is not present.....logically he is not everywhere.

if God is everywhere why do he still need to send angels to deliver messages to ppl..

There are three categories or levels of Christ's presence, from personal study. I coined them in my own words:

The Presence of Christ

The Manifest presence of Christ (Or His glory)

The Physical (or bodily) presence of Christ.

I believe His presence is everywhere; His manifest presence or glory is only in His church or among His people. And His physical or bodily presence is in heaven and we won't have that yet until the millenial.
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by kayce911(f): 11:19am On Jul 27, 2014
Dubby6: Make i go church go ask my pastor...brb

be fast
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by kayce911(f): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2014
ayoku777: There are three categories or levels of Christ's presence, from personal study. I coined them in my own words:

The Presence of Christ

The Manifest presence of Christ (Or His glory)

The Physical (or bodily) presence of Christ.

I believe His presence is everywhere; His manifest presence or glory is only in His church or among His people. And His physical or bodily presence is in heaven and we won't have that yet until the millenial.

your answer didnt answer the question is he in hell too ?

1 Like

Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by ayoku777(m): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2014
kayce911:

your answer didnt answer the question is he in hell too ?

Psalm 139v8

If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: IF I MAKE MY BED IN HELL, behold, THOU ART THERE.
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by chuxyz(m): 11:41am On Jul 27, 2014
Hell is not a place or location but a state of sans existence
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by hod898(m): 11:42am On Jul 27, 2014
No he isn't, that's what makes the suffering so painful. Hell is the absence of God.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 27, 2014
hod898: No he isn't, that's what makes the suffering so painful. Hell is the absence of God.
So god is not omnipresent?
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by Emmafrancis: 11:52am On Jul 27, 2014
^the guy above just said it all. Correct.
But op why this question? Hangover from last night?
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by kayce911(f): 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
ayoku777:

Psalm 139v8

If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: IF I MAKE MY BED IN HELL, behold, THOU ART THERE.

Do i need to remind you that david is a poet and not ominipresence.....when david makes his bed is definitly not when he wil ascend to heaven cos he cant do the two simultaneously. if God is wit him while he make his bed, b4 he could board a bus to heaven God might hv traveled thru space and time to join him there.
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by kayce911(f): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
Emmafrancis: ^the guy above just said it all. Correct.
But op why this question? Hangover from last night?

just a question bro
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by kayce911(f): 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
hod898: No he isn't, that's what makes the suffering so painful. Hell is the absence of God.

i love ur response
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by kayce911(f): 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
chuxyz: Hell is not a place or location but a state of sans existence

does this mean heaven is not a place either ?
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
Yes!
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by hod898(m): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Apatheist:
So god is not omnipresent?
I know That's the question you wanted to ask. He is, if u can see with your two eyes, for example, you are apparently 'omnisighted' but you have every right to close one of yr eyes, of which some areas of your sight will be in darkness. Same way, God does have every right not to be in a particular place, even though he can.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by AtheistD(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
hod898:
I know That's the question you wanted to ask. He is, if u can see with your two eyes, for example, you are apparently 'omnisighted' but you have every right to close one of yr eyes, of which some areas of your sight will be in darkness. Same way, God does have every right not to be in a particular place, even though he can.

Omni-present means that He is EVERYWHERE. So He has not made any choice not to be there because according to that definition He is there too.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by hod898(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
kayce911: The bible says "when two or three persons are gathered in his name he is present there" which means when we dont gather in his name he is not present.....logically he is not everywhere.

If you are a king and you have visitors, you musn't be the one to serve the food. You can send a servant to serve the food even though you are in the reception.
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by ayoku777(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
kayce911:

Do i need to remind you that david is a poet and not ominipresence.....when david makes his bed is definitly not when he wil ascend to heaven cos he cant do the two simultaneously. if God is wit him while he make his bed, b4 he could board a bus to heaven God might hv traveled thru space and time to join him there.
I don't have a habit of forming dotrinal opinion just out of thing air, without scriptures to buttress them through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

There is so much we don't understand about the word of God but until we do, let's stick to the word even before we can rationalize and make sense of its balanced interpretation.

Here's another scripture:

Revelation 14v9-11

"And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice; If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone IN THE PRESENCE OF THE HOLY ANGELS, AND IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LAMB:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have not rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."

If David was being poetic in the scripture I quoted earlier, how about John? Was John being artistic here?

1 Like

Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by hod898(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
AtheistD:

Omni-present means that He is EVERYWHERE. So He has not made any choice not to be there because according to that definition He is there too.
Does 'this' make you happy?
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
hod898:
Can is different from "is"
"I can step on a fly"
Is different from
"I am stepping on a fly"

The Bible says god IS everywhere.
It does not say "He can be"
It says "is" ie present tense.

So if god is everywhere.
It means he is in hell, in my poo and urine. Get it?

1 Like

Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by AtheistD(m): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
Apatheist:
"I can step on a fly"
Is different from
"I am stepping on a fly"

So if god is everywhere.

smiley

cheesy

The fallacy of the omni-present, omni-potent, omni-scient philosophy. There are clear restrictions that make it invalid.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by kayce911(f): 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
ayoku777: I don't have a habit of forming dotrinal opinion just out of thing air, without scriptures to buttress them through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

There is so much we don't understand about the word of God but until we do, let's stick to the word even before we can rationalize and make sense of its balanced interpretation.

Here's another scripture:

Revelation 14v9-11

"And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice; If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone IN THE PRESENCE OF THE HOLY ANGELS, AND IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LAMB:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have not rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."

If David was being poetic in the scripture I quoted earlier, how about John? Was John being artistic here?
wat has the above scripture to do wit OMINIPRESENCE of GOD.
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by hod898(m): 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
Apatheist:
"I can step on a fly"
Is different from
"I am stepping on a fly"

So if god is everywhere.
Sorry, you don't know the difference between figurative and literal expressions? Then why am I trying to raise a point. Nothing is as boring as arguing with someone who doesn't even wants to consider my perspective. It's okay, no problem.
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
hod898:
Sorry, you don't know the difference between figurative and literal expressions? Then why am I trying to raise a point. Nothing is as boring as arguing with someone who doesn't even wants to consider my perspective. It's okay, no problem.
So God's omnipresence is figurative?
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by kuss: 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
Let's the bible speaks

Psalms 139:7-10 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: i[b]f I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.[/b]
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by kayce911(f): 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=hod898]
If you are a king and you have visitors, you musn't be the one to serve the food. You can send a servant to serve the food even though you are in the reception.[/quote are u saying jx as a king cant be everywia,God cant either cos u r relating the two here.
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by ayoku777(m): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
kayce911: wat has the above scripture to do wit OMINIPRESENCE of GOD.

It is to answer this your question below

kayce911: your answer didnt answer the question is he in hell too ?
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by ayoku777(m): 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
kuss: Let's the bible speaks

Psalms 139:7-10 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: i[b]f I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.[/b]
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

I quoted that scripture, they said its poetic not literal

I quoted Rev 14v9-11

ayoku777: Revelation 14v9-11

They said it proves nothing. You're right, we need to let the scriptures form our opinion, not interprete it to suit our own opinion.

1 Like

Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by kayce911(f): 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
ayoku777:

I quoted that scripture, they said its poetic not literal

I quoted Rev 14v9-11

They said it proves nothing. You're right, we need to let the scriptures form our opinion, not interprete it to suit our own opinion.
i forgot christianity is dogmatic... ask questions and die.. form my opinion ?? waoo
Re: If God Is Everywhere Is He In Hell Too ?? by ayoku777(m): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
kayce911: i forgot christianity is dogmatic... ask questions and die.. form my opinion ?? waoo

So sorry if that came out wrong. I truly I'm against dogmatism too, especially over a revelation that is yet unfolding. You're right, the knowledge of God is progressive and the scriptures should remain our map even as we try to form an opinion.

Apologies.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Living Faith Church Aka Winners Chapel Church Building Collapse / OMG! See This 7 Headed Snake / “don’t Put Your Trust In Mere Humans. They Are As Frail As Breath...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.