Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (694 Views)

Nigeria Unite. / Nigeria Unite / Why Yorubas And Igbos Must Unite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

. by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 27, 2014

2 Likes

Re: . by kingphilip(m): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
nice piece guy i gbadun dis ur parole

like as i said in another thread amma say it here even it isn't word for word...
what we see in soccer is evident in our polity in this country..
when a team loses even the most prized tournament, they will still shake the opponent that won them and wish them well and later forge ahead...
in nigeria today, we have no permanent enemy and no permanent friend in politics.. i remember towards the end of the obasabjo and atiku era, they were the worst of enemies taking themselves to court and back but today, we see them whining and dinning together. another case that comes to mind is the dokpesi and GEJ before the PDP primaries where they were at loggerheads only to reconcile not too long after... many other cases comes to mind but due to time and space, i rest my case here....
until we the led unite against corruption and put our sentiments to religion and ethnicity aside, nigeria cannot and will not be beta... until we learn that those we support today and fight for tomorrow will still come together and eat in the same bowl while we their supporters create permanent enemies for ourselves, we will never learn....
when i sit down and think about this, the only conclusion i deduce is that it is only their supporters that took side during the feud that suffers because during the reconciliation, the supporters do not reconcile thereby you will have created an enemy with the person u fought against den

so my slogan has been in the midst of all this to be neutral and watch without supporting anybody

(1) (Reply)

The North And Resource Control Details Written By Damola Awoyokun / Great Idea For Nairaland..... / NMA Suspends 2 Months Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.