Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? (1264 Views)

She Doesnt Want To Change Her Surname After Marriage / Man Dies In His Lover's Apartment In Delta / Clubbing After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by tommysparks: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ladies and gents I came across this question on a friend's blog and I have been pondering on it. My fiance already has a house in fct and works there but am working in another state but plan to transfer to fct after our marriage. And my fiancé's house is closer to our offices. Now should I move in with her or rent another house when we get married and I finally get my transfer . Inputs and suggestions pls
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by stormybucci(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
dats crappp!!!! back ur ego up with every means possible.even if ur wife own a duplex , try 2 get a apartment 4 urself nd dis would make her respect u more(believe me) nd i anybody come here 2 say it's nt bad, may amadioha chop d persons a$$
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by iamSi(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
LOL ... You must be a Typical Nigeria ... I thought we are following western world now ... #Crapaholics #Hypocites #ConfusedSouls ... Please don't tell that to a white man ... Their LOVE for themselves might result in 'them putting a big hole in ur very small brain
stormybucci: dats crappp!!!! back ur ego up with every means possible.even if ur wife own a duplex , try 2 get a apartment 4 urself nd dis would make her respect u more(believe me) nd i anybody come here 2 say it's nt bad, may amadioha chop d persons a$$
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by Sunkyphil(m): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
No its not wrong but it musnt be for long cos she will use dat against u later on
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by Dygeasy(m): 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
I see no issue here at all. Move to FCT as planned and into your fiancee's apartment for your own convenience. If the rent as at when you'll move in is almost due, pay the next rent. Isn't she your wife?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by Tymax(m): 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
It largely depends on the way your fiancée would interprete it. Some women might see you as miserly, saying you don't wanna spend your money. Also, her father might frown at it. Well, Guy na you sabi your woman. If she will give you drama over a small issue like this, please don't move in with her. Go rent another place.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by unapologetic: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
There is nothing wrong in moving in with your fiancee because she isn't just any lady. All you need to do as a man is to support her by footing most of the bills and not wait for her to pay 'em. It's not about what people think but what makes the two of you happy.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by stormybucci(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
iamSi: LOL ... You must be a Typical Nigeria ... I thought we are following western world now ... #Crapaholics #Hypocites #ConfusedSouls ... Please don't tell that to a white man ... Their LOVE for themselves might result in 'them putting a big hole in ur very small brain
d last tym i checked, there's a big difference btw d whites nd blacks
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by ITbomb(m): 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
If you are paying the next rent, there is no issue there.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by tommysparks: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
Tnx ya all for the suggestions , more opinions are still welcome
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by iamSi(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
And please re-check you'll know we are on the same page ... But somethings won't just let u see thru
stormybucci: d last tym i checked, there's a big difference btw d whites nd blacks
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by Fxwarrior: 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
Yeye dey smell.She never send you packing before?
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by Exponental(m): 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Let no pride fool u. Move in and take over d bills. Accomodation is not easy in any city in Nigeria. Adjust.
Amos 3:3 says..... Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
If u cant reason (agree) together, u cant live (walk) together.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by Houseofglam7(f): 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
Exponental: Let no pride fool u. Move in and take over d bills. Accomodation is not easy in any city in Nigeria. Adjust.
End of story!
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by stormybucci(m): 2:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
iamSi: And please re-check you'll know we are on the same page ... But somethings won't just let u see thru
yea i get it nw... Na "readographical" error cause am b4
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by b3llo(m): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
Exponental: Let no pride fool u. Move in and take over d bills. Accomodation is not easy in any city in Nigeria. Adjust.

EOD!
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by johnmatilda: 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
AND THIS IS WHERE WE COME TO THE END OF THE THREAD! THANK U ALL
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by iamSi(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
You the best bro ... E ba mi so fun Boy yen ki o tepa mose owo e gidi gan ni ooo
stormybucci: yea i get it nw... Na "readographical" error cause am b4
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by stormybucci(m): 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
iamSi: You the best bro ... E ba mi so fun Boy yen ki o tepa mose owo e gidi gan ni ooo
i tire 4 d people wae dae give d guy funny advice, even 1 dae quote bible passage 4 d guy..... let me make my last comment "guy don't be a real man by staying in ur wife's apartment nd footing d bills or rent, be a real man by renting ur own apartment nd foot d bills.. asap!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by iamSi(m): 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
GBAM !!! ... Let the thread be closed ...
stormybucci: i tire 4 d people wae dae give d guy funny advice, even 1 dae quote bible passage 4 d guy..... let me make my last comment "guy don't be a real man by staying in ur wife's apartment nd footing d bills or rent, be a real man by renting ur own apartment nd foot d bills.. asap!!
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by passionate88: 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
stormybucci: dats crappp!!!! back ur ego up with every means possible.even if ur wife own a duplex , try 2 get a apartment 4 urself nd dis would make her respect u more(believe me) nd i anybody come here 2 say it's nt bad, may amadioha chop d persons a$$
I wonder the types of women we have in Nigeria... So if a man stays with his wife in the house he built she wouldn't love nd respect him again?.
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by mencade5(m): 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
buy a house for a woman, give her brand new car, take her shopping to dubai and france.

When her madness come up she will shock you with this question.

''what have you done for me?''

biiitches everywhere.

My brother no enter that house ooo. She go use am control you tire.

I don go.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by xzibukz(m): 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
tommysparks: Ladies and gents I came across this question on a friend's blog and I have been pondering on it. My fiance already has a house in fct and works there but am working in another state but plan to transfer to fct after our marriage. And my fiancé's house is closer to our offices. Now should I move in with her or rent another house when we get married and I finally get my transfer . Inputs and suggestions pls

move in with her.

*you can call me for your wedding photography.
photobook & enlargement only. (i dont do video).
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
Guy, if na bacha, rent and let her move in with you.

The dignity of a man rest in his interpretation of circumstances.

Misinterpret this one, you go HouseboyBucci yourself cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by stormybucci(m): 11:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
passionate88: I wonder the types of women we have in Nigeria... So if a man stays with his wife in the house he built she wouldn't love nd respect him again?.
d respect would be more
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by rattlesnake(m): 11:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
just start paying the rent na

whats the ish again
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by tranxo(m): 6:57am On Jul 28, 2014
The main thing is the rent. The responsibility should be yours now.
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 28, 2014
Move into the house with a bigger space...
You shouldn't expect her to leave her spacious room/house to a an uncomfortable place. If you must rent nother place make sure it is better than her house if not humble yourself and move into her house...

Men and unnecessary Ego
Re: Is It Right To Move Into Your Wife's Apartment After Marriage? by texybaby(f): 9:34am On Jul 28, 2014
Dygeasy: I see no issue here at all. Move to FCT as planned and into your fiancee's apartment for your own convenience. If the rent as at when you'll move in is almost due, pay the next rent. Isn't she your wife?
Thank Ɣ☺ΰ...u just said my mind ooo

(1) (Reply)

cld / I Am Facing Challenges In Wooing A Lady / Be Bold...say "No"! Love Is Not Blind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.