Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Boko Haram: South Enjoy For Now - My Assertions - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boko Haram: South Enjoy For Now - My Assertions (759 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: South Enjoy For Now - My Assertions by emeka94(m): 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Enjoying a cool saturday evening with your friends. Relaxing with a cold beer in your hands and laughter on your lips. Idlely flipping through the channels of your cable tv.
"If only life could be so casual and free, then grey hair will be a rarity" you think to yourself.
While you are busy appreciating happiness and thinking good thoughts, a deep rumble as if coming from the base of the earth shakes the building. The rumble is not like an earthquake but more like a furious roar of hundreds of lions combined. The noise is blood cuddling and the far off screams of people on the verge of death informs you of the brief nature of human life and happiness. Smoke bellows into the clear evening sky, darkening it. Rushing out to the veranda of your house - your friends in tow- to see the source of the commotion.
"Na bomb oh" a young man is shouting wildly. The air suddenly becomes heavy with smells of burning flesh and woods and something else....death and fear. "But...... But, how can" you mutter weakly "borno is hundreds of miles away" you ask in bewildered voice but no one answers. The question floats aimlessly in the air.
"Maybe its a gas explosion....." A friend says but his reply is not convincing. We all know the culprit- Boko haram
Then and only then you will realise that boko haram is not a north east problem but a nigerian head ache
Like a stove light -which burns slowly and gradually before giving off its full flare, BH is spreading. Crawling from the hinterlands of northeast nigeria into other northern cities and one day - I pray not- it will find its way into southern nigeria. Slowly, we might degenerate into another bomb torn country if we don't stand and speak.
We occupy ourselves in ethnic jingoism and political party hogwash on nairaland. Aligning ourselves behind politicians- and their baseless political parties- who care next to nothing about our survival and prosperity. A mad competition of 'APC is better than PDP' (by the way which would you choose, the devil in black and red or the devil in black and black) occupying the main hold of our lives.
' The progressives vs the peoples party' madness.
We seem to forget the latin adage "vox populi, vox dei"( the voice of the people is the voice of God). A nation of more than 160million people is held to ransom by less than 3 percent of her population. Yet We spend our time making irrelevant defences and attacks that adds no substance to our growth or future. The #bringbackourgirls is a good example of people holding FG to task.
weekly news filters in that a high ranking BH member has been arrested or that 20 BH people were killed and ten arrested. But yet BH is waxing stronger. Is it that the arrested BH members do not give information when interrogated? I refuse to believe that anyone will be in an organisation without knowing the groups vision, mission, his immediate commander/ superior and tit bit of informations about strategic locations and structure of the group. After all gossip is a basic human threat.
BH is an ambitious group that will want to spread its tentacles to other parts of the country. The question is- if the Nigerian security forces cannot protect the north east, what hope does the rest of Nigeria have when BH attacks them?
What are the long term restructuring and rehabilitation programs FG has for the Northeast if BH is clamped down on?
So while we are busy enjoying the often humorous am-better-than-you exchange between Lai mohammed and his PDP counterpart, we should have in mind that Boko haram is not a fantasy in far away land but an impending train speeding towards us to crash. Let us stand together in a manner reminiscent of the january 2012 subsidy protests and collectively task the government to do something to tame the scourge of BH, else we become
in ants ( as okey Ndibe wrote)

"Nigeria has become a Federal Republic of
Ants ruled (note the word “ruled”—not
governed or led) by a greedy, grasping
bunch of politicians with insatiable
appetites. In this misshapen republic, every
thing, every value and every human
presence, is subordinated to the rulers’
relentless pursuit of lucre. The rulers are
too busy, too focused on looting, to notice
the ants they trample underfoot. The ants
are too riveted by the ardor of scrambling
for the crumbs that they pay no heed to
those of their number ground to death both
by the rulers and those who presume a
divine mandate to kill".

Speak out to protect the future of yourself and your children. Sycophancy gives momentary satisfaction, it never last. Will you on your death bed think to yourself "if only I had fought for a higher purpose and not for money"
#protectyourfuture
#bringbackourgirls
Re: Boko Haram: South Enjoy For Now - My Assertions by ITbomb(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
We survived the civil war, starvation and economic embargo
We survived years of Northern military oligarchy and misrule
We survived militancy and kidnapping
We survived ritualists and armed robbery
The first major crisis against the north since independence cannot shake us in anyway
Let them continue bombing each other and abducting their girls while we open businesses and be celebrating numerous weddings and child dedications throughout the South.
We didn't carry militancy to the north, let them dare not bring their terrorism down here.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: South Enjoy For Now - My Assertions by emeka94(m): 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
ITbomb: We survived the civil war, starvation and economic embargo
We survived years of Northern military oligarchy and misrule
We survived militancy and kidnapping
We survived ritualists and armed robbery
The first major crisis against the north since independence cannot shake us in anyway
Let them continue bombing each other and abducting their girls while we open businesses and be celebrating numerous weddings and child dedications throughout the South.
We didn't carry militancy to the north, let them dare not bring their terrorism down here.

Militant agitation in Niger Delta is much more understandable than BH. Their anger and issues are clearly stated but BH is a bunch of wild hogs killing every thing and any body.
I won't be surprise if the attempt to attack the south

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: South Enjoy For Now - My Assertions by theplanmaker: 2:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
let's put an end to this unholy union called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: South Enjoy For Now - My Assertions by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 28, 2014
Bring it on biatch!
Re: Boko Haram: South Enjoy For Now - My Assertions by emeka94(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2014
careytommy: Bring it on biatch!

Na u go run oh
Re: Boko Haram: South Enjoy For Now - My Assertions by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2014
emeka94:

Na u go run oh
if someone is tough enough to make me abandon my father and my mother and my sister and my daughter and flee tails between my legs to somrwhere i don't even have any idea about, then i really I'm worse than an infidel

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: South Enjoy For Now - My Assertions by emeka94(m): 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
careytommy:
if someone is tough enough to make me abandon my father and my mother and my sister and my daughter and flee tails between my legs to somrwhere i don't even have any idea about, then i really I'm worse than an infidel

Daughter? What of ur wife? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Your Help With My Schooling / The Way Some People Think Ehn! Its Suicidal. Read This. / It's My Birthday...pls Show Me Some Love!!! Your LIKES Will Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.