Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend (23653 Views)

Pregnant Teenager Attempts Suicide At Kubwa / Woman Attempts Suicide Twice Because Her Lover Married Another Lady / Man Attempts Suicide During His Wedding Day. Why? The Girl Is Too Ugly To Wed!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by AUTOCRATIC(m): 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
Tragedy was averted Friday morning at Bay Bridge road, Yenagoa,  when a 40-year-old man, Ediekan, attempted to commit suicide as a result of his failed bid to have sex with a girl with whom he reportedly had a long standing relationship.

It took the timely intervention of his neighbours to save the situation. Ediekan, father of two children, was said to have been spending money to woo one Favour who lives within the same neighborhood to go to bed with him. But rather succumb to his pressure; Favour resisted all entreaties and kept on promising that she would eventually marry him.

However, on Thursday night, Ediekan could no longer hide his frustrations when he discovered that Favour was going to bed with another man.

Sources told Sunday Sun that Ediekan immediately became emotionally depressed and began the plot to commit suicide within the compound. In an inter- view with our correspondent, his wife, Florence, confessed that her husband woke her up in the night complaining that all the people he loved did not reciprocate his love. According to her, he was such in a bad mood that he asked if she could take care of their two children if he dies.

She said “I was alarmed when he came in complaining that all the people he loved did not reciprocate his love. As his wife, I re-iterated my love to him, but he said he wasn’t referring to me, but one Favour whom he had spent so much money for and yet refused to return his gestures with love. He then asked if I could take care of our two children if he dies. At that point, I be- came worried and tried to discourage him from such negative thoughts.

”Early in the morning, as he stood up from the bed, I tried to hold him back but he broke loose and went outside. Even then, I didn’t know that he had already got a rope and some chairs where he intended to hang himself. But after a while, I saw him with a rope around his neck and his legs dangling in the air. I immediately raised the alarm and neighbors came around and used cutlass to cut off the rope.”

Some of his neighbours expressed disappointment over the incident. But Ediekan, unremorseful insisted that he would commit suicide, as he could not watch another man sleeping with Favour. Subsequently, Favour was persuaded to openly confess her love to him. Amidst the crowd of people, she obliged and even promised to marry him.

Read more-http://www.thegazellenews.com/2014/07/27/married-man-attempts-suicide-over-girlfriend/

2 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by sexylogan(m): 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
In Yenagoa? I reserve my comment lipsrsealed

22 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by blackpanther25(m): 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
What a dumb ass

18 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
Suicide or a suicide attempt is a crime against the state, so the foolish man should face the full wrath of the law.

The man is even a married man...... Talk of infidelity at its peak.

19 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by ebamma(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Funny thing is the guy's name Ediekan in efik means victor
But the guy is no victor, he is a loser and a coward

22 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by pickabeau1: 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
Blackmail to marry

Why the girl come gree Na..

Favour's punny must be something else

17 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by Houseofglam7(f): 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
WTF?
Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by ITbomb(m): 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
Why una stop am.
We need to get rid of morrons, we are already over populated

65 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by Danhumprey: 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
ITbomb: Why una stop am.
gringringringrin

3 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by AtheistD(m): 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
So what about his wife? How is she meant to feel? Poor woman. Almost losing her husband to another woman like that.

10 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by jennylove7575(f): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Na today? Na so we see am o. When them enter my eden dem no dey wan leave o. Even though
God try chase them out, dem go still remain. They are rready to die inside my eden. Some married men Na wah

1 Like

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by Odunharry(m): 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2014
sad
Some girls thought Ebola is another
Hit song like DOROBUCCI, they have
started changing their names to
Ebolasexy, EbolaDiva, Ebola Pearl,
EbolaChic, EbolaDuchess, EbolaCutie.
Etc... Abeg someone should inform them
that Ebola na disease o... I don talk
my own.

19 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by AtheistD(m): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
jennylove7575: Na today? Na so we see am o. When them enter my eden dem no dey wan leave o. Even though
God try chase them out, dem go still remain. They are rready to die inside my eden. Some married men Na wah

shocked
Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by Yemlizzy(f): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
Jeeez! So not pathetic. For a man at 40 to reason so stupidly. No wonder they say a fool at 40 is a fool forevercheesy

9 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by morhsuud22(m): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
This one self go dey call himself FATHER.....anumanu

9 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by beau49: 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
ITbomb: Why una stop am.
cheesy cheesy cheesy You dey para o...lol
Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by muaa(f): 9:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
Does that mean he never loved the woman he married? SMH. Men and their bizarre behaviour atimes sad

5 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by corisande: 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
This man na mumu lala

1 Like

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by superior1: 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bros has been fed with VEGETABLE and CONCOCTION by MUMMY-WATER

3 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by Donjcco(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
I was here
Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by rozayx5(m): 10:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
Many are mad But few roam the streets undecided

20 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by philtex(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
G00dLuCk Id*0T undecided

1 Like

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
Drunken fisherman, he must have taken too much ogogoro just like his clueless and inept brother!

9 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
Yday I was discussing extra marital affairs with some of my friends and I was surprised by the response they gave me. They don't care as long as the man comes back home to them. I told them your husband may fall in love with his mistress if measures are not taken and they called me a liar. I guess this story just justified my point.

2 Likes

‘I would rather kill myself than commit suicide’ -RIP Mumu.

3 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by PastorOluT(m): 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Lol, what won't we see happening again?

1 Like

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by Rapsainot(m): 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
CHAI!!!!! So I get brain pass some human beings.

14 Likes

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by shadowwalker101: 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Na wa oo not even for his wife some men r funny
Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by sammieguze(m): 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Madness... Wonders shall never end.... Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Married Man Attempts Suicide Over Girlfriend by Swiftlee(m): 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Loool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Visit To A Brothel In Ilorin (PICTURE) / 3 Powerful Reasons To Change The Quality Of Women You Date. / Curvy In Shape: Nigerian Girl Thrills With Her Banging Body Shape In Skin-tight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.