Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

This Question Can Only Be Answered By The Imaginative Minded - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Question Can Only Be Answered By The Imaginative Minded (3324 Views)

Ayodeji Answered 10 Tough Maths Questions Within 60 Secs(video) / Hypothetical Question: Can WAEC Results Of Dif. Yrs Be Merged Into A Single One? / Question: Can I Study Abroad As A Nigerian Without SAT And TOEFL Tests? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Question Can Only Be Answered By The Imaginative Minded by semitunde: 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nonso23:

Of course I understand what you are driving at.

You read the grand father paradox
It says something like it is impossible to go back in time and kill your grand father before you were conceived as that will ultimately mean you were never conceived and never went back in time and never killed your grand father. A consistency loop must be fulfilled.
Another is a paradox that asks: if traveling back in time were possible, why don't we have people from the future touring earth now.

Etc etc,
They are all factions of hypotheses though.

Well, I dont know the grandfather paradox you're referring to, but I'm an info guzzler and it took me some years of serious quantum physics info to re shape my mind as regard the space-time continuum.

Books I've read range from scholarly reports, to time magazine write up on Einstein. But I love von daniken's books because its the closest to answering questions for me. Google it and download and read his books with an open mind, it will get you more interested in the past, space and even the Bible from a scientific point of view.
Re: This Question Can Only Be Answered By The Imaginative Minded by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: This Question Can Only Be Answered By The Imaginative Minded by vizboy(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
semitunde:

The only reason why the orange won't land in your palm is if you didn't throw it to land in your hand in d first place, or if the place is airy such that the orange is subject to the elements while in the air. If not, the the orange does not even know its in motion, it simply goes up from your hand and comes down directly on your hand.

Just the same way you don't know you're in motion because the earth is protected from the outer space by its atmosphere. So when you jump up, you are actually like orange in a moving train or vehicle, but you don't realise it..

Yes The earth moves faster than train yes, but do feel the earth moving when you jump NO. But when you are inside a moving train you can feel it moving. So when you jump you can't land on same spot, it may be something close to your old standing spot but not the same spot
Re: This Question Can Only Be Answered By The Imaginative Minded by semitunde: 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
vizboy:

Yes The earth moves faster than train yes, but do feel the earth moving when you jump NO. But when you are inside a moving train you can feel it moving. So when you jump you can't land on same spot, it may be something close to your old standing spot but not the same spot

Well, the changes in the spot where you land is negligible and almost same as the changes you'd get when you jump up in your room.

Apart from this, if the train shakes to the right or left after you feet had gone off the ground, you'd of course have a change in landing spot with respect to that. I think this will also hold for a shake in the direction of the train, or even if there is an acceleration of he train after your feet had left the ground. It can change where you'd land.
Re: This Question Can Only Be Answered By The Imaginative Minded by Donfamous(m): 10:01am On Aug 05, 2014
krall: Picture this scenario.

You are on (INSIDE) a large express train racing the tracks at 450km/hr. If you stand facing forward on a marked spot and jump as the train is moving, would you land on exactly the same spot OR would the few seconds you are in the air cause you to land a distance behind the said spot?

** If the latter is correct, then it means you can move to the end of the aisle without walking. All you have to do is jump.

I would have tried it when I had the chance but they don't allow jumping in trains.
this is what you'll do . U don't need to jump just toss up a coin and see if it won't land on ur palm. That's it. Nice question anyway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Of The World's Most Venomous SNAKES (photos) / YABA Tech Aspirant Whatsapp Group 2018 / How To Calculate Your CGPA As A Student From100l-400l/500l.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.