Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW (6790 Views)

Which Is Better In Nigeria Economy And Road, Honda Or Toyota / Advice : Honda Or Lexus / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Honda ball joint issue isn't universal....I'd say Honda for reliability... MB hmmm strange maintenance costs, BMW is in a world of its own.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
smartchoice: Honda ball joint issue isn't universal....I'd say Honda for reliability... MB hmmm strange maintenance costs, BMW is in a world of its own.

@Smartchoice. Thanks for your input. Is Honda 2007 (discussion continues)a good choice?
More comments please
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Fulaman198(m): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
I would go for the Honda as well. an EX-L V6 is pretty well loaded I'd say on a higher level than a Mercedes C-Class or BMW 3 series. Reliability and repair costs here are crucial so definitely go for the Honda.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by chucky234(m): 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
Go for the Honda
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fulaman198: I would go for the Honda as well. an EX-L V6 is pretty well loaded I'd say on a higher level than a Mercedes C-Class or BMW 3 series. Reliability and repair costs here are crucial so definitely go for the Honda.

@Fulaman, thanks bro. Are they pros and cons I would need to be aware concerning the Honda?
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Fulaman198(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
marshall4:

@Fulaman, thanks bro. Are they pros and cons I would need to be aware concerning the Honda?

With the 03 - 07 Accords, one of the biggest issues was a non-functioning stereo headunit after some time. That is not really much of a big deal since you can always replace it with something better (Aftermarket). But that's about it
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fulaman198:
With the 03 - 07 Accords, one of the biggest issues was a non-functioning stereo headunit after some time. That is not really much of a big deal since you can always replace it with something better (Aftermarket). But that's about it

Thanks. You know driving a car with the fear of possibility that the front wheels might go off is really something to work on. I admire RWD Though. I think I'll consider the Accord.
Thanks everyone...more comments pls
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Fulaman198(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
marshall4:

Thanks. You know driving a car with the fear of possibility that the front wheels might go off is really something to work on. I admire RWD Though. I think I'll consider the Accord.

RWD vehicles supposedly handle better than FWD vehicles. However, how often are you going to be racing your car? The V6 Accord of that year is more than powerful and more powerful than the C-class or 3-series of those years (unless you are talking about M3 or C43 AMG). Remember, reliability first. It is best to get from point A to point B than to be riding a Germany name brand just so people can recognise you.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
marshall4:

Accord is it bro.,..

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Na so una take kill person dream from enjoying the trills of driving pleasure. Take heart my friend and go for the Honda.

Considering a person that could afford a 2007 Honda as a first car, won't he able to afford to maintain a German car as well? Its time we get over the myth that German cars are expensive to run try buying OEM toyota parts you would be shocked they are more expensive. Find yourself a good mechanic and enjoy german engineering.

My 3 cents.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by sultaan(m): 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
Its either I am not thinking straight or there is something seriously wrong with Nigerians and I mean SERIOUSLY.

If you have the money for a 330i or Merz, why in the world will you consider Accord undecided

I think the fumes from those toxic gas is finally showing its effect on the society.

You spend N2m+ in a car but worry about the extra N2k you will spend on fuel yearly that is pathetic.

You should never put Honda Accord in the same line with BMW and Merz.

If you have the money for the best buy the best. Remember most will only recommend a car they are familiar with but not everyone fit into most preference so buy what you really like not what others think, if give the opportunity do be as, but better.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

RWD vehicles supposedly handle better than FWD vehicles. However, how often are you going to be racing your car? The V6 Accord of that year is more than powerful and more powerful than the C-class or 3-series of those years (unless you are talking about M3 or C43 AMG). Remember, reliability first. It is best to get from point A to point B than to be riding a Germany name brand just so people can recognise you.

Thanks so much for your great input. Definitely, not a racing car but mostly for distance travel and within city.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
cne010: Na so una take kill person dream from enjoying the trills of driving pleasure. Take heart my friend and go for the Honda.

Considering a person that could afford a 2007 Honda as a first car, won't he able to afford to maintain a German car as well? Its time we get over the myth that German cars are expensive to run try buying OEM toyota parts you would be shocked they are more expensive. Find yourself a good mechanic and enjoy german engineering.

My 3 cents.

Thanks for your input bro. Ive had the opportunity to drive a Benz and honestly, it was a joy to drive. However, A good mechanic seems to be my option of considering Accord. Do you know any German car mechanic in Benin city?
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

If you think that the bolded is why people ride German cars then you have to think again, Remember some Japmobiles are also expensive as well. We both know the 2007 Accord is more expensive than the 2003 330i.

I was at Chisco son's wedding yesterday the car park was littered with luxury cars, those that wanted to be recognised came in Rolly Royces I counted over 5.

Enjoying driving pleasure is not being recognised.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Fulaman198(m): 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
cne010:

If you think that the bolded is why people ride German cars then you have to think again, Remember some Japmobiles are also expensive as well. We both know the 2007 Accord is more expensive than the 2003 330i.

I was at Chisco son's wedding yesterday the car park was littered with luxury cars, those that wanted to be recognised came in Rolly Royces I counted over 5.

Who are women going to look at more even if the quality of the cars are the same, someone driving a Mercedes or someone driving an Accord? The only reason people drive Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi is because of the name brand. There are German cars out there that are not as renowned.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
sultaan: Its either I am not thinking straight or there is something seriously wrong with Nigerians and I mean SERIOUSLY.

If you have the money for a 330i or Merz, why in the world will you consider Accord undecided

I think the fumes from those toxic gas is finally showing its effect on the society.

You spend N2m+ in a car but worry about the extra N2k you will spend on fuel yearly that is pathetic.

You should never put Honda Accord in the same line with BMW and Merz.

If you have the money for the best buy the best. Remember most will only recommend a car they are familiar with but not everyone fit into most preference so buy what you really like not what others think, if give the opportunity do be as, but better.

Thanks bro. I don't even think of fuel as a factor to consider at all. So many friends of mine always talk negatively about Benz (wire harness issues, bad during rainy season, not an everyday car like Japs cars). As for the BMW, they say "don't even think of it unless you wanna build a house for your mechanic)

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
marshall4:

Thanks for your input bro. Ive had the opportunity to drive a Benz and honestly, it was a joy to drive. However, A good mechanic seems to be my option of considering Accord. Do you know any German car mechanic in Benin city?

Sadly I don't, My friend bought a Volvo s80 3 years ago and he didn't know any good mechanic he kept on flagging down people that drive the same car and believe me some people like to talk about cars get info from them and their mechanics as well. I was in Warri not long ago and was shocked at the amount of luxury cars I saw there is someone good managing those fleets.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

Who are women going to look at more even if the quality of the cars are the same, someone driving a Mercedes or someone driving an Accord? The only reason people drive Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi is because of the name brand. There are German cars out there that are not as renowned.

Believe me Ladies don't care drive something neat and clean for months my Babe thought my 2003 Camry was 2003 Accord, I also didn't buy my car to impress ladies.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Fulaman198(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
cne010:

Believe Ladies don't care drive something neat and clean for months my Babe thought my 2003 Camry was 2003 Accord.

LOL that's funny, you have a good woman then, but not all women are like that bro. Some women equate Mercedes Benz = Being Rich

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

LOL that's funny, you have a good woman then, but not all women are like that bro. Some women equate Mercedes Benz = Being Rich

Very funny she was telling me her friends Dad has my type of car only to go visiting and it was a 2003 Honda and I was like Babe i drive a Camry thats a Honda the one they call End of Discussion.

If ''Some women equate Mercedes Benz = Being Rich" is this is true then it should a reason why the OP should get one come on abi you no want make he flex?
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Fulaman198(m): 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
cne010:

Very funny she was telling me her friends Dad has my type of car only to go visiting and it was a 2003 Honda and I was like Babe i drive a Camry thats a Honda the one they call End of Discussion.

If ''Some women equate Mercedes Benz = Being Rich" is this is true then it should a reason why the OP should get one come on abi you no want make he flex?

I'd rather OP has a reliable car and worry about his finances on something besides his car lol smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by nonyb1(m): 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
There are two types of cars in the world,MERCEDES BENZ and others...

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
nonyb1: There are two types of cars in the world,MERCEDES BENZ and others...
Have you ever priced a Benz tranny for 270k before?.... Guy there two auto sorrows in the world Benz n others....take a stock of mechs that have original Star machine in Nigeria? Imagine that some parts of a Merc cannot be changed or reprogrammed without the original machine connecting to Merc factory in Germany! Please let the op enjoy his life...with a reliable car that can easily be catered for around him....Oga hope you just want a car to drive not to learn mechanic or become an electrician's apprentice? If so by buy your Honda jejely....nor think am twice...you'd remember me in your prayers for good!

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by yungboss(m): 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
Seriously, I'll get an Accord for my wife, it's a great engine, the VTec, solid and reliable, but i cannot replace that with a Mercedes or BMW ownership, looking at a 330i (2007?). A 2007 330i and 2007 Mercedes (too many engines) are not in the same league as the Accord,looks and performance, BMW more powerful (contrary to what Fulaman said) but in terms of maintenance/reliability, the Honda should have it because the German cars may be expensive to fix...the BMW does not have oil dipstick (that's a concern for me), it relies on the computer for that. Other than that, it's one of the best engines ever produced by BMW, the lightest,because of the magnesium used in the engine block.
In the Mercedes or BMW, you would have lots of fun and recognition, RWD, better balanced, (near 50/50weight distribution for the BMW), more powerful 255hp;the Honda 244hp...
the Honda uses timing belt, a technology BMW and Mercedes dropped years ago.
I would never substitute any of those cars for an Accord...
note: I assume you are talking about a 2007 BMW and Mercedes...
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Fulaman198(m): 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
yungboss: Seriously, I'll get an Accord for my wife, it's a great engine, the VTec, solid and reliable, but i cannot replace that with a Mercedes or BMW ownership, looking at a 330i (2007?) that matter. A 2007 330i and 2007 Mercedes (too many engines) are not in the same league as the Accord,looks and performance, BMW more powerful (contrary to what Fulaman said) but in terms of maintenance/reliability, the Honda should have it because the German cars may be expensive to fix...the BMW does not have oil dipstick (that's a concern for me), it relies on the computer for that. Other than that, it's one of the best engines ever produced by BMW, the lightest,because of the magnesium used in the engine block.
In the Mercedes or BMW, you would have lots of fun and recognition, RWD, better balanced, (near 50/50weight distribution for the BMW), more powerful 255hp;the Honda 244hp...

I think he said early 2000s BMW/Mercedes not 2007
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
smartchoice:
Have you ever priced a Benz tranny for 270k before?.... Guy there two auto sorrows in the world Benz n others....take a stock of mechs that have original Star machine in Nigeria? Imagine that some parts of a Merc cannot be changed or reprogrammed without the original machine connecting to Merc factory in Germany! Please let the op enjoy his life...with a reliable car that can easily be catered for around him....Oga hope you just want a car to drive not to learn mechanic or become an electrician's apprentice? If so by buy your Honda jejely....nor think am twice...you'd remember me in your prayers for good!

Bro, thank you. I'm sticking with the Accord. Also, I'm using this medium to thank everyone for their lovely contribution and I hope I could offer the same to people in the future. I hail una well o well o

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
@yungboss I thought you wanted to get a C320 W203 for your wife?
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
yungboss: Seriously, I'll get an Accord for my wife, it's a great engine, the VTec, solid and reliable, but i cannot replace that with a Mercedes or BMW ownership, looking at a 330i (2007?) that matter. A 2007 330i and 2007 Mercedes (too many engines) are not in the same league as the Accord,looks and performance, BMW more powerful (contrary to what Fulaman said) but in terms of maintenance/reliability, the Honda should have it because the German cars may be expensive to fix...the BMW does not have oil dipstick (that's a concern for me), it relies on the computer for that. Other than that, it's one of the best engines ever produced by BMW, the lightest,because of the magnesium used in the engine block.

Yes. 2007 for for the Benz and BMW as well
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Fulaman198(m): 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
marshall4:

Yes. 2007 for for the Benz and BMW as well

Oh wow, I stand corrected then. Still I would go with the Accord even though the 07 3 series is a nicer looking car. Same with the 07 Benz. Those cars will give you heartache to repair.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
On a lighter note quoting a nairalander...

This morning an ebola patient was brought to a private clinic, the sister said to the receptionist my brother has ebola the doctor being a yoruba man shouted from his office EBOKINI? Olorunmaje ki ari oriburuku he ran out of the hospital everybody followed including women in labor and Hiv patients

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

Oh wow, I stand corrected then. Still I would go with the Accord even though the 07 3 series is a nicer looking car. Same with the 07 Benz. Those cars will give you heartache to repair.

Once again, thanks bro. Considering not having a contact for good mechanic in Benin city, Accord Ex-L V6 all the way. I guess I'll need to ensure preventive maintenance on the ball joint and other part in the wheels.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Total Quartz 9000 5W-40 Engine Oil Good To Service This Car? / Please Help A Brother With Acura TL 2010 Review / Check Out New Keke Napep With Full A.C Coming To Nigeria Soonest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.