Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW (6786 Views)

Which Is Better In Nigeria Economy And Road, Honda Or Toyota / Advice : Honda Or Lexus / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by yungboss(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
cne010: @yungboss I thought you wanted to get a C320 W203 for your wife?
that's what she wants, she complained that I used a Benz before, I use BMW, so she wouldn't want to own another Benz or BMW, she wants a Honda Accord or a Toyota SUV...i was trying to convince her to go with the Mercedes but seems I have lost the battle.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
Here are the pics I looked up which gave me the three options as mentioned.

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
marshall4:

Once again, thanks bro. Considering not having a contact for good mechanic in Benin city, Accord Ex-L V6 all the way. I guess I'll need to ensure preventive maintenance on the ball joint and other part in the wheels.
m

Cheers bro you made a good choice at the absent of no good mechanic around you!
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
cne010: m

Cheers bro you made a good choice at the absent of no good mechanic around you!
There are good mechs but no REAL Merc certified Mech...
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Fulaman198(m): 11:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
marshall4:

Once again, thanks bro. Considering not having a contact for good mechanic in Benin city, Accord Ex-L V6 all the way. I guess I'll need to ensure preventive maintenance on the ball joint and other part in the wheels.

You will do fine my friend. Enjoy your Accord

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
smartchoice:
There are good mechs but no REAL Merc certified Mech...

Mine in Lagos is!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
cne010:

Mine in Lagos is!!!
How many are they...limited supply means higher demand and higher wages for lesser time
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by yungboss(m): 11:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
Good choice bro, in the end "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by baaliyah(m): 9:05am On Jul 28, 2014
Your first car! The only car! Daily driver! . Dont start your hunting with elephants as your target. Start, learn and upgrade. Those German stuff are fun to drive but sometimes difficult to own if there is no alternative car.
I tell you money is not the only immediate solution to a troublesome car. Sometimes there is money, but no parts, at times there is no good hands to handle ur car. The first three posters are not honda fans, yet they recommended it.
Good luck.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 28, 2014
baaliyah: Your first car! The only car! Daily driver! . Dont start your hunting with elephants as your target. Start, learn and upgrade. Those German stuff are fun to drive but sometimes difficult to own if there is no alternative car.
I tell you money is not the only immediate solution to a troublesome car. Sometimes there is money, but no parts, at times there is no good hands to handle ur car. The first three posters are not honda fans, yet they recommended it.
Good luck.

You seem to know us first three posters well...
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by baaliyah(m): 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
smartchoice:

You seem to know us first three posters well...
I know every regular poster in car talk and their choice. I admire people that are dynamic in thought and reasoning.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by inze(m): 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
baaliyah:
I know every regular poster in car talk and their choice. I admire people that are dynamic in thought and reasoning.

Well Said . . .
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
baaliyah: Your first car! The only car! Daily driver! . Dont start your hunting with elephants as your target. Start, learn and upgrade. Those German stuff are fun to drive but sometimes difficult to own if there is no alternative car.
Good luck.

Well said bro. I have concluded to get the Accord without a second thought. Maybe one of these Germans will be my second car in the future
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by febby419(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
I want to ask, is it not when a car gives a fault that u repair? which is better "repair twice in five years n repair ten times in five years? " presently I drive a 2006 c240 benz for two years now without going to a mechanic even for one day, I don't regret it one bit. men I love german cars any day any time its simply d bomd, d engine, d rugged body, d interior, it gives you everything u need speed, comfortability, cruise, swag, , respect, matured so much more, well this are my personal opinion n experience, thumbs up Benz!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Burger01(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
From the pix of the three choices of cars posted, the Benz is a killer. Comfort, drivability satisfaction, class, ruggedness...the Benz has it all. BUT! Manteinance and fuel economy wise, I give that to Honda. Enjoy the ride bro... wink
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Fulaman198(m): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
Burger01: From the pix of the three choices of cars posted, the Benz is a killer. Comfort, drivability satisfaction, class, ruggedness...the Benz has it all. BUT! Manteinance and fuel economy wise, I give that to Honda. Enjoy the ride bro... wink

I think the bolded is the main reason why people buy Benzes
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by chucky234(m): 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
marshall4:

Thanks bro. I don't even think of fuel as a factor to consider at all. So many friends of mine always talk negatively about Benz (wire harness issues, bad during rainy season, not an everyday car like Japs cars). As for the BMW, they say "don't even think of it unless you wanna build a house for your mechanic)
Wow....
This got me laughing loud and almost lost control of my car.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
chucky234: Wow....

Driving and reading??!
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
chucky234: Wow....

Take am easy oooo....
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by chucky234(m): 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
cne010:

Driving and reading??!
One of my many addictions, though mostly on traffic gridlock.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
chucky234: One of my many addictions, though mostly on traffic gridlock.

Death knell soundtracks with your addiction
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by klint16: 4:28am On Aug 01, 2014
Bros making ur choice of car depends on some factors n most importantly wat u like in cars. Other factors includes, availability of mechanics in ur city very important, the city u r like in Abuja c class has 2nd hand value to some people cos new model benz is rampant in Abuja unlike South East and the reselling value if ur the type that likes to sell ur car after 2 or 3 yrs I think honda has more reselling value dan German machine in almost all the cities, engine performance, ur pocket and the purpose why u want to won a car etc.but for me I own a c class as like pics below kompressor for that mata, so I can only advice u on that. C class got every thing especially that model wenever I ask people hw do they c the car they tell me that the car no dey die that I ll drive n keep for my children. Believe me the car is cheap to maintain depending on type of engine u get n mechanic. Mechanics makes it luk expensive to maintain cos they high the parts money thinking that everybody that ride German machine is a millionaire. Like ordinary 111 engine is the cheapest but mine is 111 engine kompressor wch cost abt N80,000 not priced yet in Abuja. Has good fuel economy better than Honda 2007. Infact c class got everything speed, balance, reliable, durability, luxury, but accord 2007 is more spacious. Like my friend who drive Eod doesn't like the car at all. The problem u might have wit BMW is mechanic. BMW Mechanics r not much depending on the city u r wch might make it expensive to maintain. I can't say everything cos ve so many to talk but it's all depends on u n why u want a car. For me, I ll go for German( c class ) cos I ve no issue wit mine I enjoy it so much. Just draw ur conclusion from ppls advice based on why they prefer one to the other n if dats same reason u ve, then go for it. I don't think German has comparison wit japan in terms of reliability. German is far beyond and technology wise they r like 5 year more than japan. Like wat I ve in my c class 2002 is wat u c in accord 2007. Just ask more questions n u ll definitely make a good choice for urself.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
klint16: Bros making ur choice of car depends on some factors n most importantly wat u like in cars. Other factors includes, availability of mechanics in ur city very important, the city u r like in Abuja c class has 2nd hand value to some people cos new model benz is rampant in Abuja unlike South East and the reselling value if ur the type that likes to sell ur car after 2 or 3 yrs I think honda has more reselling value dan German machine in almost all the cities, engine performance, ur pocket and the purpose why u want to won a car etc.but for me I own a c class as like pics below kompressor for that mata, so I can only advice u on that. C class got every thing especially that model wenever I ask people hw do they c the car they tell me that the car no dey die that I ll drive n keep for my children. Believe me the car is cheap to maintain depending on type of engine u get n mechanic. Mechanics makes it luk expensive to maintain cos they high the parts money thinking that everybody that ride German machine is a millionaire. Like ordinary 111 engine is the cheapest but mine is 111 engine kompressor wch cost abt N80,000 not priced yet in Abuja. Has good fuel economy better than Honda 2007. Infact c class got everything speed, balance, reliable, durability, luxury, but accord 2007 is more spacious. Like my friend who drive Eod doesn't like the car at all. The problem u might have wit BMW is mechanic. BMW Mechanics r not much depending on the city u r wch might make it expensive to maintain. I can't say everything cos ve so many to talk but it's all depends on u n why u want a car. For me, I ll go for German( c class ) cos I ve no issue wit mine I enjoy it so much. Just draw ur conclusion from ppls advice based on why they prefer one to the other n if dats same reason u ve, then go for it. I don't think German has comparison wit japan in terms of reliability. German is far beyond and technology wise they r like 5 year more than japan. Like wat I ve in my c class 2002 is wat u c in accord 2007. Just ask more questions n u ll definitely make a good choice for urself.

What year and model is this lovely Benz?
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by yungboss(m): 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
marshall4:

What year and model is this lovely Benz?
looks very beautiful I must admit
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
yungboss:
looks very beautiful I must admit

Yes ooo...abeg tell me the year and model
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by yungboss(m): 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
marshall4:

Yes ooo...abeg tell me the year and model
that's the w203 chassis. It's like the one you have in your comparison. From 2001 to 2007...the poster should know better.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
yungboss:
that's the w203 chassis. It's like the one you have in your comparison. From 2001 to 2007...the poster should know better.

2002 C200 Konpressor I guess but it's a 2002 by his post.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by klint16: 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
Yea it's 2002 w203 Europe
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by kuntash: 5:33am On Aug 02, 2014
@ poster, what are your fears ? Ball joints pulling off , expensive and rare repairs? Whether electrical or mechanical?

Well, you said this is your first car, let me quickly pray it would never be ur last! ...

Let me just make you note these things about owning and maintaining a car...

Its important to have it @ the back and front of ur mind that a car probably has a life or rather something that need being cared for as ur own (pet, cat, goats even a human being with basic needs)

If u are the type that's quite meticulous about ur health as in routine medical care, eating rightly, and on time, that even at a slight catarrh u take seriously...then, I would urge u to buy any ride of ur choice.....if and only if, these ur attributes would also be targeted at your new responsibility (car).

Its as simple as that....

Lots of people say what they are used to or based on their experience. But for me after using Asian cars , German and American, I think its just all about maintenance ability, no car wey no good...

As per handling and efficiency and all that...I challenge any driver on nairaland, let's go thru some of the worst of roads and best of it in naija on a long trip, not a dash......... Let me have the Benz 350-4matic or the BMW 330xi, the my opponent in the V6 discussion start, or evil spirit......

I would keep playing with that driver all the way thru out the journey to be safe, if he dares me further to try his luck, either he finds himself in the bush or on top of a tree at a bend ...

That's on a lighter mood anyway...

Bottom line, many cars operates on fundamental principles, how would u react to a dentist that wants to attend to ur tooth with a spanner and screw driver? ....replicate same to any mechanic wey be SUEGBE!

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 02, 2014
It seems your comprehension skills are poor or you just like to hear yourself whine without reference to all that has been said on this thread....BMW ko 4matic ni....Op, Op, Op how many times I call you?....E350 W211 wey this poster dey talk...the brake system costs around 350k, the transmission 270k, 4matic shocks averages around 40k for one and a pair 80k....who is talking about speed or handling?....As for the BMW flee, again I say flee unless you have a mech you want to build a house for! Am a Merc fan but I'd advice you to get the Accord the interior is also appealing...unless you are looking for a car to decorate your compound with.....

kuntash: @ poster, what are your fears ? Ball joints pulling off , expensive and rare repairs? Whether electrical or mechanical?

Well, you said this is your first car, let me quickly pray it would never be ur last! ...

Let me just make you note these things about owning and maintaining a car...

Its important to have it @ the back and front of ur mind that a car probably has a life or rather something that need being cared for as ur own (pet, cat, goats even a human being with basic needs)

If u are the type that's quite meticulous about ur health as in routine medical care, eating rightly, and on time, that even at a slight catarrh u take seriously...then, I would urge u to buy any ride of ur choice.....if and only if, these ur attributes would also be targeted at your new responsibility (car).

Its as simple as that....

Lots of people say what they are used to or based on their experience. But for me after using Asian cars , German and American, I think its just all about maintenance ability, no car wey no good...

As per handling and efficiency and all that...I challenge any driver on nairaland, let's go thru some of the worst of roads and best of it in naija on a long trip, not a dash......... Let me have the Benz 350-4matic or the BMW 330xi, the my opponent in the V6 discussion start, or evil spirit......

I would keep playing with that driver all the way thru out the journey to be safe, if he dares me further to try his luck, either he finds himself in the bush or on top of a tree at a bend ...

That's on a lighter mood anyway...

Bottom line, many cars operates on fundamental principles, how would u react to a dentist that wants to attend to ur tooth with a spanner and screw driver? ....replicate same to any mechanic wey be SUEGBE!
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by klint16: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=smartchoice]It seems your comprehension skills are poor or you just like to hear yourself whine without reference to all that has been said on this thread....BMW ko 4matic ni....Op, Op, Op how many times I call you?....E350 W211 wey this poster dey talk...the brake system costs around 350k, the transmission 270k, 4matic shocks averages around 40k for one and a pair 80k....who is talking about speed or handling?....As for the BMW flee, again I say flee unless you have a mech you want to build a house for! Am a Merc fan but I'd advice you to get the Accord the interior is also appealing...unless you are looking for a car to decorate your compound with.....

Yea it's true. Benz 4matic version, v6 are expensive to maintain depending on ur pocket sha. Like c class v6 engine comes with 12 spark plugs and original cost abt 1500 so u can now do the calculation ur sef 12*1500= ? and 4 matic shock is abt 25000 to 30 k for one side. Bros if ur not a millionaire please stay away from dose versions. Anyways, dey r strong and u hardly c all those thing spoil easily. If ur going for benz, go for original versions or kompressor not that expensive to maintain and it has same speed with v6.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
I don't know where you guys get this outrageous price, the w203 in question has 12 plugs and yes they last 100k miles. With the Honda how many times would change your plugs in 100k miles?

The W211 smartchoice mentioned the brake system called SBC is around 120 to 150k my mechanic owns one and believe me his friend bought his w211 E320 has owned for 8 years and haven't changed his.

The shocks of the W203 in question rarely goes bad I put it to you that you would change the ones on the Honda twice which are more expensive than the one for the W203.

The W203 doesn't use Airmatic shocks so it's cheap the W211 E500 that has the Safol Airmatic shocks are the expensive ones and the OP is not going for a W211.

The W203 the OP wants you can buy both the engine and gear for less than 180k that's the price for the engine alone of the accord so what are we saying here?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? / Total Quartz 9000 5W-40 Engine Oil Good To Service This Car? / Check Out New Keke Napep With Full A.C Coming To Nigeria Soonest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.