Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Woman Gives Birth To Baby With Four Legs In Rivers State (see Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Gives Birth To Baby With Four Legs In Rivers State (see Photo) (4118 Views)

Mad Woman Gives Birth In Ghana Again. Photos / Man Gives Birth To Baby Girl: His Wife Is The Father (Argentina) / 2 Year Old Indian Girl Born With Four Legs And Four Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Gives Birth To Baby With Four Legs In Rivers State (see Photo) by stam101(m): 4:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
A middle aged woman has given birth to a baby with four legs in Aboridendeme-Ama community in Okrika Local Government area of Rivers State.

Hospital source where the woman delivered the baby, however, told newsmen that the baby died shortly after its delivery.
A hospital official confirmed that it was a deformed baby, noting that the deformity may have been caused by congenital anomaly.

She said: “the woman came with a full term pregnancy but on the time of her delivery, even her scan had shown a normal baby, but when she delivered, we saw this extra part of the baby.
“The baby had 3 legs, four arms and 3 ears; even the baby’s stomach was open that one could see the intestines.
“It was so obscure that we don’t know whether she was trying to abort the child.”

Meanwhile, some residents of Aparandeleama community said they were still in shock, adding that they had never seen such a thing before.

According to one of them, “I saw things for myself, the child was dead, a male child.”

Another woman said, “It was a shocking sight. I was cold. This has never happened in Okrika. I Just call it end time oo!

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Baby With Four Legs In Rivers State (see Photo) by Toktee(m): 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
The curse of oil.
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Baby With Four Legs In Rivers State (see Photo) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
I saw it live shaking the body parts. Goosebumps full my body.
I suspect that woman that said "ETT" to be a nairalander
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Baby With Four Legs In Rivers State (see Photo) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
This is an example of a Ischiopagi....a formof conjoined twins that are joined at the pelvis.

From Wikipedia..

The twins are classically joined with the vertebral axis at 180°. However, the most frequent cases usually structures the ischiopagus twins with two separate spines forming a lateral angle smaller than 90°. The conjoined twins usually have four arms; two, three or four legs; and typically one external Instruments and anus.[1]

It is mostly confused with pygopagus where the twins are joined ventrally at the buttocks facing away from each other, whereas ischiopagus twins are joined dorsally at the sacrum and coccyx. Parapagus is also similar to ischiopagus; however, parapagus twins are joined side-by-side whereas ischiopagus twins typically have spines connected at a 180° angle, facing away from one another. [2][3]

Famous recent example....Lakshmi Tatma (Picture below....with her mum) . Again Wikipedia....

Lakshmi Tatama (Hindi: लक्ष्मी तात्मा = Lakṣmī Tātmā) is an Indian girl born in 2005 in a village in Araria district, Bihar, having "4 arms and 4 legs." She was actually one of a pair of ischiopagus conjoined twins one of which was headless because its head had atrophied and chest had not fully developed in the womb, causing the appearance of one child with four arms and four legs.

So far the cause of conjoined twins is unknown. Here is the opinion of Medscape...

The incomplete anatomic separation between monozygotic twins occurs sporadically, with no increased risk in future pregnancies.

Seven cases (2 published) have been reported in which conjoined twinning occurred with the use of clomiphene for induction of ovulation. Two cases of thoracopagus have been reported in which conjoined twinning occurred with periconceptional maternal griseofulvin intake. Spina bifida is associated with conjoined twinning, and one case of conjoined twinning after maternal exposure to valproic acid has been reported.

No gene mapping or linkage analysis currently exists for the malformation. Some investigators implicate abnormal X inactivation. The latter may be related to the increased incidence in female twins. Other studies refute abnormal X-chromosome inactivation.

Also, this condition may be referred to as a parasitic twin.

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ischiopagi

See also: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/934680-overview#a0102

Re: Woman Gives Birth To Baby With Four Legs In Rivers State (see Photo) by aluunoble: 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ehyaa it's a pity that d baby came down with such a weird and gross deformity.

This would have been ostensibly averted if NMA were not on strike....

Current Affair (NMA 101): We now have 4 Arms of govt in decresing oder of superiority:

-THE NMA
-THE EXECUTIVE
-THE LEGISLATURE and finally
-THE JUDICIARY!
NMA is on top of her game! Big shots you know!

CONHESS 9 step 4 For House Officer
basic salary : 1,426,787NGN per annum
hazard allowance: 60,000NGN
call duty allowance: 799NGN per unit call ( in CONMESS it is 1,503NGN per unit call for HOs)

Pls sir, if I got you well, u mean should status quo be maintained as per the House Officers (intern Medical Doctors), and the Hazard Allowance being agitated for by NMA is approved, A House Officer Monthly Basic Salary will now be to wit:

Monthly Basic Salary: #120,000 (approx.)
Monthly Hazard Allowance #100,000
Monthly call duty (JUTH for instance as presently obtainable):#60,000

In a month, a House Officer (intern Medical Doctor) will smile home with #278,898.917 (approx #280,000; two hundred and eighty thousand naira?)

Sorry for bugging u sir!
In a year (annum) a House Officer (intern Physician) will smile to the bank with THREE MILLION,THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY SIX THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SEVEN NAIRA (#3,346,787)?

Pls FG heed the demand of NMA especially for the sake of the House Officers. Fed Road Safety Commission pls endeavour to issue every Doctor dat special plate number our messiah Dr. Obembe demanded when he was sworn in as the new NMA boss. Inspector Gen of Police and SSS please don't forget the special security detail Sir. Obembe requested earlier on for our members, @ least ONE SSS Officer,ONE SOLDIER,pls remember not to attach a police officer so that their black uniform will not stain their ward suite! ONE CUSTOM AND IMMIGRATION OFFICERS respectively (for easy border access to neighbouring countries)
Minister of Interior pls see to this security challenge of doctors!

Nigerians pls note that these pertinent demands shall be periodically reviewed as time goes on!
Fed Executive Council pls award contract to Julius Berger Construction Company to build access road (u can take a clue from the BRT lane in Lagos state) designated NIGERIAN DOCTORS ONLY pls KEEP OFF!!!

Finally Mr. President in other to bring insurgency in Nigeria finally to an end, pls NMA Surgeon General needs the head of Shekau (as part of International Best Practices, Shekau's head MUST be without BLOOD STAIN)to really check his brain cells!!!
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Baby With Four Legs In Rivers State (see Photo) by armadeo(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
aluunoble: Ehyaa it's a pity that d baby came down with such a weird and gross deformity.

This would have been ostensibly averted if NMA were not on strike....
!

Dude are you OK. Do you even understand what happened here. Pls read the post above you and alight from the canoe of ignorance.
Re: Woman Gives Birth To Baby With Four Legs In Rivers State (see Photo) by aluunoble: 8:47am On Jul 28, 2014
armadeo:

Dude are you OK. Do you even understand what happened here. Pls read the post above you and alight from the canoe of ignorance.
Am ok sir! Yes I quite understand; abeg make I talk am for pidgin; dem born d baby wey him pikture dey up there wit numerous legs and hands wey no suppose be!

Dem me I come provoke say this kind unfortunate thing 4 no happen if dat our alfa and omega doctors no go strike, dem for recreat the baby inside d womb!

The truth is bitter though! Am actually nt making mockery of the unfortunate down turn characterizing the boys birth! It culd happen 2 anyone! I commiserate with d family...

(1) (Reply)

Drugs For Flat Tummy In Nigeria / Eliminate Vaginal Odour And Dark Patches 100%effective with customer reviews / Oh God! I've Been Diagnosed With Stage 2 Colon Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.