Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,522 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:05 PM

Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today (41985 Views)

Nigeria: Only Country Her President Travels While His People suffer - Trump / The Only Country In The World Where Muslims Want To Live With Xtians By Force. / President Goodluck Jonathan's Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by espn(m): 7:39am On Jul 28, 2014
WombRaiders: So GEJ got it right by giving them Monday and Tuesday as their public holiday grin grin grin grin

Sultan should go and learn his religion under GEJ
u r a fool..if u dnt knw..u learn..each religion is entitled to 5 days for festive activities in a year!if any festive period falls on a weeknd..dey declare mon nd tues as pub hol!fooool!u just say shits wif ur mouth..daft ugly guy!
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by kudsweet(f): 7:48am On Jul 28, 2014
asodeboyede:

And go to hell.... grin
And you are already on your way there...safe trip.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by magicfingers009: 7:52am On Jul 28, 2014
espn: u r a fool..if u dnt knw..u learn..each religion is entitled to 5 days for festive activities in a year!if any festive period falls on a weeknd..dey declare mon nd tues as pub hol!fooool!u just say shits wif ur mouth..daft ugly guy!
Why are u pained? You guys scam yourselves in believing shit of sighting the moon. I dey laugh una ignorance
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Vikky014(f): 8:33am On Jul 28, 2014
Is Islam the religion of moon or wht?#confused#
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by espn(m): 8:45am On Jul 28, 2014
magicfingers009:
Why are u pained? You guys scam yourselves in believing shit of sighting the moon. I dey laugh una ignorance
yea..d same ignorance wey I dey laugh..wen sum of u use up to 100 diff bibles..diff stories nd contrditions..same way I laugh u guys ignorance wn u wear skimpy dresses to church nd pastors end up impregnating d whole church members..same way I laugh u guyz ignorance wen u send ur whole life savings to ur pastors to build mansions..exotic cars nd private jets nd send der kids to d best univ in d world..buh u stil live in abject poverty..d same ignorance I laff wen some of u claim..jesus is ur lord..some say its d mother of jesus...some say 3 in 1 god(daft)..some say worship is done on saturday..sunday!..u claim u dnt eat anyfin dat has blood during 1 of ur festive period..but u eat fish..I guess its water dat runs in dem..u talk abt controversy nd uncertainty..wah do u say abt dos dat claim xmas is nt meant to b celebrated..u call dem fake xtains rite?I smh for ur ignorance nd level of stupidity.fix d hole nd shit in ur religion b4 u say nonsense abt oda ppls religion!was d thread meants for fools lik u? Deal wif dis. http://www.ucg.org/holidays-and-holy-days/christians-who-dont-celebrate-easter-what-do-they-know/

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Duchess01(f): 8:58am On Jul 28, 2014
Wats d big deal abt it?
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by isaajibola(m): 9:23am On Jul 28, 2014
chronique: Islam!!! Such a funny and controversial religion.
You think Islam is like christianity that some of you will do service on saturday, while some will say sunday is the sevice and some will do christmas while some won't do.
Tell me where it is in BIBLE that jesus tell you people to be doing Christmas, Easter, and New year. A conventional religion that leave is own initial principle for the sake of what's happening in the world. Are they not confused?
FYI, Islam is a practicalized religion, not just by carrying books around and won't practice what's in it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by isaajibola(m): 9:23am On Jul 28, 2014
Cybermugu1: Confused religion!

You think Islam is like christianity that some of you will do service on saturday, while some will say sunday is the sevice and some will do christmas while some won't do.
Tell me where it is in BIBLE that jesus tell you people to be doing Christmas, Easter, and New year. A conventional religion that leave is own initial principle for the sake of what's happening in the world. Are they not confused?
FYI, Islam is a practicalized religion, not just by carrying books around and won't practice what's in it.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2014
isaajibola:

Na make una dey BOMB everywhere abi?
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by espn(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2014
Cybermugu1: Na make una dey BOMB everywhere abi?
same way isreal is kiln nd throwin missiles unjustly to threaten d peace of oda countries!wen wil u b goin to jerusalem to perform abulution nd pray lik ur brodas do..den u knw d shit u do here is mere hypocrisy..man made book..story book..wif various contradictions..
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 28, 2014
espn: same way isreal is kiln nd throwin missiles unjustly to threaten d peace of oda countries!wen wil u b goin to jerusalem to perform abulution nd pray lik ur brodas do..den u knw d shit u do here is mere hypocrisy..man made book..story book..wif various contradictions..
too much tawk, you neva answer my question "Na make una dey bomb pipo?"
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by nicko92: 11:06am On Jul 28, 2014
Muslims in hongkong are celebrating today.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by simpleseyi: 11:13am On Jul 28, 2014
rozayx5: undecided
Why bombs are always discovered and not exploding near mosques beats me

*continues US tour

Allah is protecting His followers and His places of worship. I think your god should be doing the same if your god really exist.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Matigo: 11:19am On Jul 28, 2014
You either have a false sense of history or just cannot comprehend at all to claim that the LRA is a christian terrorist group. Are they fighting for christ? Can you compare their struggle to what is happening in Nigeria? Think before writing and not the other way round.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Orikinla(m): 11:47am On Jul 28, 2014
Luna.
Lunacy.
Lunatics.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by olumuyiolaoluwa: 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
rbjimoh:   The Book of Hebrews is one of the highly used Books among Christians.  I hear references from it a lot when listening to Christians preaching. Yet, no one really knows who wrote it!.  This is quite ironic, because Christians use such highly doubtful books in their teachings as if they were the True Living Words of GOD Almighty.  I don't care what you call this, but I call it blasphemy, because it is the most ridiculous insult to GOD Almighty and His Holy Words that I have ever seen.

I just hope you see the real cheap quality in the religion of Christianity, with all my respect due to every Christian reader.

SAY NO TO CHRISTIANITY!

Embrace Islam, the religion of The One True Living Undivided GOD Almighty, and you will be saved! 

The Gospel of John:

"The author is the apostle John, 'the disciple whom Jesus loved' (13:23; 19:26; 20:2; 21:7, 20,24). He was prominent in the early church but is not mentioned by name in this Gospel--which would be natural if he wrote it, but hard to explain otherwise."  (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1588)

They claimed that it was John who wrote the Gospel, but yet, his name was not signed on his Gospel! How is it possible for us to be absolutely sure that it was indeed John who wrote the so called "Gospel of John" when "his name is not mentioned in this Gospel" so we can then take it as a 100% True Error-free Word of GOD Almighty?

SAY NO TO CHRISTIANITY!

Embrace Islam, the religion of The One True Living Undivided GOD Almighty, and you will be saved! 

The Gospel of 1 John:

"....Unlike most NT letters, 1 John does not tell us who its author is.  The earliest identification of him comes from the church fathers..." (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1904)

"The letter is difficult to date with precision..." (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1905)

This is really ironic! with all respect due to Christians.  If the Book's author is not for sure known, then why assume that it was Saint John who wrote it?

The verse 1 John 5:7 was later discovered to be a Satanic lie.  The Roman Catholic Theologians don't believe in it, and it doesn't exist in their Bibles.

The same case where no author is really known exists in the Gospels of 2 and 3 John.

SAY NO TO CHRISTIANITY!

The Book of Revelation:

"Four times the author identifies himself as John (1:1,4,9; 22:cool.....In the third century, however, an African bishop named Dionysius compared the language, style and thought of the Apocalypse (Revelation) with that of the other writings of John and decided that the book could not been written by the apostle of John."   (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1922)

Again, we don't know who wrote the Book of Revelation.  It is certainly highly doubtful that it was written by Apostle John.  The Theologians and Historians of the NIV Bible seem to agree with the invalidity of this book from the above quote.  So are you now going to consider the other John's words as the Words and Inspirations of GOD Almighty?

Notice that in the sections of "Gospel of John" and "Gospels of 1, 2 & 3  John" above, the author did not identify himself and it was ASSUMED without actual proofs that it was Saint John who wrote them.  Notice how they said that if he were to identify himself, then it would be hard for them to explain it.

Now, notice the author in the Book of Revelation does identify himself as John, but he has a complete different language and style of writing from the other books, which created much uncertainty about its validity in the Church.

My questions here are:  Who wrote the Books?  And is or is not Saint John supposed to identify himself in his books?  And where are his books that have his name on them?
Ignorance I de craze!!! Chai Bro u would have don urself good by quoting ur KO.RAN to justify the so-called fact u claim to have,cos non of ur brodas did dat as a reference so that pple reading will b justified.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by magicfingers009: 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
espn: yea..d same ignorance wey I dey laugh..wen sum of u use up to 100 diff bibles..diff stories nd contrditions..same way I laugh u guys ignorance wn u wear skimpy dresses to church nd pastors end up impregnating d whole church members..same way I laugh u guyz ignorance wen u send ur whole life savings to ur pastors to build mansions..exotic cars nd private jets nd send der kids to d best univ in d world..buh u stil live in abject poverty..d same ignorance I laff wen some of u claim..jesus is ur lord..some say its d mother of jesus...some say 3 in 1 god(daft)..some say worship is done on saturday..sunday!..u claim u dnt eat anyfin dat has blood during 1 of ur festive period..but u eat fish..I guess its water dat runs in dem..u talk abt controversy nd uncertainty..wah do u say abt dos dat claim xmas is nt meant to b celebrated..u call dem fake xtains rite?I smh for ur ignorance nd level of stupidity.fix d hole nd shit in ur religion b4 u say nonsense abt oda ppls religion!was d thread meants for fools lik u? Deal wif dis. http://www.ucg.org/holidays-and-holy-days/christians-who-dont-celebrate-easter-what-do-they-know/
When you deal with your Boko Haram infidels, we would talk. If truly u practice a religious of peace u don't need to remind us it is. But we all see its just a charade. Holy jihad my ass. Keep looking for the moon slowpoke. I'm done with u

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by ringi82(m): 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
Cybermugu1: Confused religion!
Perplexed slowpoke.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Matigo: 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hatred is the key to hell fire and that is what most here irrespective of their acclaimed religions have. God is love and anyone who does not love everyone irrespective of colour, creed or nationality does not possibly know Him even if as is common they hypocritically claim to be His only slave, servant or son. Any group that preaches hatred cannot possibly be doing the will of God but god and thats what we see among you. If you analyse the scripture of other groups with the aim of taking a swipe at it, remember you did not compile yours neither were you there when it was thrown down from heaven. Be wise at least when it comes to religious issues. Dont insult God by your baseless and false analysis.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by wonlasewonimi: 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hunger no good o.. Everything go be like moon for sky. Even if it's a pigeon flying jejely.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Matigo: 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
What makes you think you can question the authenticity of any aspect of the bible? Please can you tell me who wrote your scripture because it has the hallmark of a single man talking interspaced with a few words purportedly of a god. Remember, the prophet himself was illiterate.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Matigo: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
What makes you think you can question the authenticity of any aspect of the bible? Please can you tell me who wrote your scripture because it has the hallmark of a single man talking interspaced with a few words purportedly of a god. Remember, the receiver of the message illiterate.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by phillycute(f): 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2014
HARDUBUY:
Am sorry, i have to do this...
You really should be ashamed of urself and probably ur religion...@least we (muslims) all celebrate Sallah of which, it is usually simutaneously done and hardly incoherent(except few times like today's)....unlike christmass, which has absolutely No bases in christainity and bible.Hence, making lots of christains (Deeper life, jehovah's witness) not to celebrate and engage in it....since it originally originated from the pegan religion & holiday.
#Still waiting 4 ur thunder holy sister!
can some one pls help me decode what this phool is saying ?
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by redcurry(f): 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
[quote author=anago9010]

balderdash I'm a southwestern living in abuja, the biggest mosque in wuse in a predominantly large Hausa enclave have Yoruba imam, where is your theory of they don't pray behind you.alfa.dat mosque in wuse, u are refering to is well known as Yoruba mosque.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by anago9010(m): 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
[quote author=redcurry][/quote]

you are high foud laubabidi mosque is know as Yoruba mosque, please stop smoking your own pubic hair.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by anago9010(m): 10:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
a full crested moon was sighted in sokoto today, so it negates the fact of em naysayers saying the fasting didn't end yesterday.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Alfamado: 6:56am On Jul 29, 2014
I wonder why some muslim are commenting or replying the christian who try to pick out some things.firstly there is nothing new that muslim those without proof the holy prophet muhammed s.a.w said commence fast when they have seen the moon once the person swear in the name of Allah he actually saw the moon and the same also apply for the ending of fast.this is not the matter of committee we follow the prophet and not just anybody even the holy prophet saw the moon once in is life time.let know our religion it really important and let try to ignore some people who know nothing about what they are doing may Allah guide us.eid il mubaraq to my muslim brothers and sisters.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by abdulwastecx(m): 8:06am On Jul 29, 2014
anago9010:

ignorance at the highest level go soak yourself in understanding your religion before spewing shyte. I know irritants like you are not learned at all. little wonder you call the prophet 6th century sunna an outdated process. you need life long dose of neurovites and brain vitamins.

why do u people assume u know better than people you have never met.
sighting the moon without the use of telescope is bound to error, if there was a telescope during the time of the prophet, the prophet will use it to sight the moon.

The position of the sultan is a political position and I dont have any regard for his authority, Nigeria Muslim are not one because Northen( hausa/ fulani) always act as if they are the custodian of the religion. there were muslim in Nigeria before usman danfodia political struggle create the fulani caliphate in Northern Nigeria in the 18th century.

if poeple can go to hajj using aircraft then telescope should be used to sight the moon not some peasant in some remote locality in the North
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by abdulwastecx(m): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2014
espn: same way isreal is kiln nd throwin missiles unjustly to threaten d peace of oda countries!wen wil u b goin to jerusalem to perform abulution nd pray lik ur brodas do..den u knw d shit u do here is mere hypocrisy..man made book..story book..wif various contradictions..

Terrorism of any kind is bad but people do have some misconceptions like the state of istreal, the state of istreal is a Jewish state anr not a Christians one.
check out the religioua demographic of istreal
1. jew 75.4%
2.muslim 16.9%
3.christianity 2.1%
4. others 1.7%.
infact xtian are a minnority in istreal, but mowt Nigeria do confused them for xtian becuase of some biblical fairytales. religion is problematic because some people can use it to support political ideology.

The war in Gaza is not fair to palestinian because chuldren are been killed for no reson through air strike, but come to think of it if 7.7millions istreali can be capable of such military might what is stopping syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestinian with combined population of more than 160millions from fighting back.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by anago9010(m): 8:24am On Jul 29, 2014
abdulwastecx:

why do u people assume u know better than people you have never met.
sighting the mood without the use of telescope is bound to erroneous, if there was a telescope during the time of prophet, the prophet will use it to sight the moon.

The position of the sultan is a political position and I dont have any regard for his authority, Nigeria Muslim are not one because Northen( hausa/ fulani) always act as if they are the custodian of the religion. there were muslim in Nigeria before usman danfodia political struggle create the fulani caliphate in Northern Nigeria in the 18th century.

if poeple can go to hajj using aircraft then telescope should be used to sight the moon not some peasant in some remote locality in the North

okies olu-imo, what your position on the two day old moon sighted today in most part of northern Nigeria. political moon?? oh God my people again.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by abdulwastecx(m): 8:28am On Jul 29, 2014
anago9010:

okies olu-imo, what your position on the two day old moon sighted today in most part of northern Nigeria. political moon?? oh God my people again.

to answer ur question, we need to define the size of moon by age.
what is the size of one day moon?
what is the size of two days moon?

all this different moon sizes based on age is relative and depend on ur eye sight
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by anago9010(m): 8:33am On Jul 29, 2014
abdulwastecx:

to answer ur question, we need to define the size of moon by age.
what is the size of one day moon?
what is the size of two days moon?

all this different moon sizes based on age is relative and depend on ur eye sight

have sighted a moon before!!!! this one of the picture snapped yesterday in yola pray tell is this moon a day old??

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Massive Crowd As Presidential Aspirant Sowore Arrives Nigeria / President Macron Meets Buhari In Abuja (Photos) / Chris Ngige Collapses During Budget Defence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.