Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,396 members, 7,781,135 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:34 AM

Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today (41984 Views)

Nigeria: Only Country Her President Travels While His People suffer - Trump / The Only Country In The World Where Muslims Want To Live With Xtians By Force. / President Goodluck Jonathan's Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by ALISMILE(m): 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Well my observation is that we ve more christians on this forum than muslims,somtin that ll neva happen d oda way round! Christians why can't u jus let muslims be! Do u envy the religion of Islam and the enthusiasm of muslims?Maybe!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by kudsweet(f): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
With all these arguments & insults, I can deduce the opposition religions the most wicked & aggressive oriented people, you guys pretend a lot cos you are hypocrites & bigots.

Barka de sallah to all my Muslim brothers & sisters regardless of whether you celebrated today or tomorrow, I wish you all a joyous celebration.

Let's tolerate one another.

#islamtillidie

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by azezola(m): 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
You lied, we pray ed today at oakland, California.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by papadjaji: 10:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
It is a known fact that some pple will always sell u out no matter what. Y turn to d media? Ehen, d sultan made his announcement, is that d reason y u should show ur colour? Abeg abeg abeg...
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Truckpusher(m): 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
KingMEXX: Interesting! hmmm...

Guess we have a different moon orbiting the part of Earth Nigeria is located undecided

Hopefully, the Sultan "The moon sighting Committee" can explain better grin...The celebration might as well be shifted to Wednesday, am so enjoying the pub holidays grin
welcome to planet Nibiru where everything is possible. grin
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
For the people who are throwing stones at Islam...
This has nothing to do with Islam, but rather the inefficiency and ineptitude that we have all come to expect from Nigerians, of whatever creed or belief. It is a reflection of the greater problems that pervade our societies.

The title of the post says it all. Nigerians are amongst the most impatient people around and even something as simple as waiting another day before celebrating Eid is a tall order. It reminds me of a character in the Eddie Murphy/Martin Lawrence film Life. His name was "Can't Get Right."

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by mrvictor: 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
NASA should have been contracted
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by raypapy(m): 11:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
I

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by ksbusari(m): 11:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
Chop shit and die u haters of Islam. Islam has been ur problem ever since. Wot a religion wit rules and a scripture and never a confused religion lyk d other wit various scriptures and authors. waiting till u accept islam willingly!!! Lol. Dat if u r chosen one by Allah. Nobody can stain d true religion. Islam is islam. Care or careless about it islam is d true religion.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by aboto49(m): 12:27am On Jul 28, 2014
olenime: A-llelu-yah
u beta dnt die on dis heeeeeeeee.repent and giv ur live to Allah.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Tunjasko(m): 12:39am On Jul 28, 2014
aboto49: u beta dnt die on dis heeeeeeeee.repent and giv ur live to Allah.

u want him to start throwing bombs??.....yeye dey smell
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by drumstick: 12:51am On Jul 28, 2014
Chillisauce: grin grin

What a funny country.
Were did the moon come from?

Right here ladies and gentlemen is the reason why muslims were the first to discover and master astronomy and build navigation tools like the magnetic compass while europeans were busy forbidding scientific research cuz they thought it involved magic(which europeans of greek descent later came and learned from noble muslim universities like the Al Azhar in cairo which is the first university on earth)

The more they show their arrogance towards islam, the more i show you why we were the first and best in fields of alcemy(chemistry), medicine, electric power(the baghdad battery), gardening(the world famous hanging gardens of babylon), Astronomy e.t.c And thats all the more reason why we should hold firmly to islam, never compromise it, never abandon it
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:57am On Jul 28, 2014
HARDUBUY: looolz...pegan9ja pls keep quite jare...the Moon, sun, oceans, valleys, mountains, lakes including you & your IDol(s) etc were all Created by My Lord ALLAH...He begets not neither was He begotten.
Mind u, Sallah isnt' part of any Arab pegan stuff bro. it wasn't celebrated b4 the advent of islam...it was well decreed in the noblest of books....Qur'an!.....I need to see u bro, lets relate.
maybe u mean the chrismas hols!

shut up its not Sallah. I am talking about Ramadan. even prophet muhamad admitted that it was practiced in pre-islamic times. also Eid.

Go read the Hadeeths and then bark here.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:00am On Jul 28, 2014
kudsweet: With all these arguments & insults, I can deduce the opposition religions the most wicked & aggressive oriented people, you guys pretend a lot cos you are hypocrites & bigots.

Barka de sallah to all my Muslim brothers & sisters regardless of whether you celebrated today or tomorrow, I wish you all a joyous celebration.

#islamtillidie

You just insulted us all and then finish your tirade with "Let us tolerate one another"

First #BringBackOurGirls.......then we can learn to tolerate . .
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 28, 2014
Since it wasn't sighted yesterday let the moon sighting committee inform the public as soon as the moon is sighted so as to acertain d claims dt sallah is suppose to be on monday and not sunday as announced by the sultan
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by maclatunji: 1:36am On Jul 28, 2014
I must thank the Sultan for his dedication to Sunnah because:

People saw the new moon in Nigeria and non-Muslims who have no vested interest agree that it could be sighted on the night of Saturday, July 26, 2014.
This is my source: check the date for new moon in July http://www.moongiant.com/Full_Moon_New_Moon_Calendar.php

The Prof. did not do his research well.

The new moon is a geographical phenomenon that can be studied and observed by anyone regardless of belief.

We in Nigeria follow local sightings as announced by the Sultan on Saturday night. We are not held hostage by computer algorithms that will still be modified. Like I posted earlier, the Sultan is right and Professor Oloyede's claim that the new moon could not be sighted on Saturday night has hereby being found to be incorrect by a team of neutral observers who observe new moons and full moons based on the same science he was quoting.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by lepasharon(f): 1:39am On Jul 28, 2014
Allah the moon god

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Shinery0123(m): 1:43am On Jul 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

You just insulted us all and then finish your tirade with "Let us tolerate one another"

First #BringBackOurGirls.......then we can learn to tolerate . .
u get ur girls where u kept them. The truth shall be known soon.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by asodeboyede(m): 1:57am On Jul 28, 2014
lakad4u: why are some people like showing there leve of ignorant?can anybody tell you your own religion is confused?this issue of religion is something that has been existing even before the existence of your great gran fathers,why can't you just read and close the page if you know you have nothing special ot intelligent to say....anyway,am a christain but I hate it when people say rubbish to another religion because we serve the same God..

Boy sharrrrap!
You need a thorough spiritual check-up!

For you to have made such a trashy and useless assertion that we serve the same God implies how spiritually ignominious and bankrupt you are!

You are a profound disgrace to your pastor, church and body of Christ at large!

You need to tender an apology for that unbiblical stand of yours!

Nonsense! This how people like you sow seeds of confusion.

Please endeavour to see your pastor, if he worths hearing!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by PenSniper: 2:04am On Jul 28, 2014
Religion of ISIS - says a lot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by asodeboyede(m): 2:09am On Jul 28, 2014
kudsweet: With all these arguments & insults, I can deduce the opposition religions the most wicked & aggressive oriented people, you guys pretend a lot cos you are hypocrites & bigots.

#islamtillidie

And go to hell.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Amis(f): 2:11am On Jul 28, 2014
well here in chicago usa eid is on monday as fasting ends on sunday
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by usbcable(m): 2:33am On Jul 28, 2014
maclatunji: I must thank the Sultan for his dedication to Sunnah because:

People saw the new moon in Nigeria and non-Muslims who have no vested interest agree that it could be sighted on the night of Saturday, July 26, 2014.
This is my source: check the date for new moon in July http://www.moongiant.com/Full_Moon_New_Moon_Calendar.php

The new moon is a geographical phenomenon that can be studied and observed by anyone regardless of belief.

We in Nigeria follow local sightings as announced by the Sultan on Saturday night. We are not held hostage by computer algorithms that will still be modified. Like I posted earlier, the Sultan is right and Professor Oloyede's claim that the new moon could not be sighted on Saturday night has hereby being found to be incorrect by a team of neutral observers who observe new moons and full moons based on the same science he was quoting.

The website you quoted actually aligns with the Prof. and thr moon sighting committee.

Go read up difference between the ' Astronomical New Moon' and the 'Hilal' i.e. first crescent or Earthly New Moon.

What muslims look out for is the crescent as the 'New Moon' is not visible as at when it is born.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by usbcable(m): 2:41am On Jul 28, 2014
reading this thread I see so much ignorance by muslims on something so important to Islam.

Unbelievably we muslims unequivocally condemn boko haram for attacking education and its institutions yet the same muslims find it convenient to crucify science on the alter of searching for the Hilal.

There is much around this topic and its just crazy that people talk of it out of pure ignorance

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by JAkpayen(m): 3:07am On Jul 28, 2014
I wonder why non-Muslims here have suddenly become judge or hang-man for what does not concern them. Please refer to Colossians 2:16, no matter what a person believes we need to show respect to such before proferring sound reasonings against such believe.

maclatunji: I must thank the Sultan for his dedication to Sunnah because:
Thanks for the source. What many do not understand is that new moon appears every 28 days after revolving round the earth. During this moment the moon may line up between the earth and the sun which may not be visible in certain parts of the earth until almost 24 hours. Aside these lunar cycles, other planetary bodies have significant impact to some daily/monthly/yearly activities especially when they are in aspect with each other or with the moon.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by usbcable(m): 4:02am On Jul 28, 2014
JAkpayen:
[color=#000099]Thanks for the source. What many do not understand is that new moon appears every 28 days after revolving round the earth. During this moment the moon may line up between the earth and the sun which may not be visible in certain parts of the earth until almost 24 hours. Aside these lunar cycles, other planetary bodies have significant impact to some daily/monthly/yearly activities especially when they are in aspect with each other or with the moon.

the bolded part proves that the Hilal will not.be visible on Saturday here in Nigeria so what in Allah's name did the sighters see.

Hence the term Astronomical New Moon.

Nigeria even claimed to have.sighted the.Hilal even.before this.new moon was born.

Jeez, dont you guys get it. The claimed sighting is fundamentally incorrect.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by kabba7(m): 5:46am On Jul 28, 2014
WHHY THIS ARGUEMENTS BY NON MUSLEM ON NAIRALAND FOR WHAT YOU KNEW CLOSE TO NOTHING ABOUT THE SULTAN AND HIS MUSLIM PEOPE HAVE BETTER IDEA SO NOT FOR ANYONE TO DEEP MOUTH INTO WHAT DONT CONCERN THEM .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 28, 2014
IF YOU LEAR ISLAM THROUGH THE MEDIA,
THE ONLY THING YOU WILL LEARN IS HATRED.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by salam1(m): 6:18am On Jul 28, 2014
If u insult sum1 parent u r equally insulting urs, so also. If u insult personsreligion u r equally nsulting urs, nd 4 ur peopls information no amount of propagander or insult will make any sane person live his religion 4 urs
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by keylaz: 6:35am On Jul 28, 2014
Moslems are really troubled.... Who introduced this wicked religion 2 a our dear country sef..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by rbjimoh: 6:42am On Jul 28, 2014
The Book of Hebrews is one of the highly used Books among Christians.  I hear references from it a lot when listening to Christians preaching. Yet, no one really knows who wrote it!.  This is quite ironic, because Christians use such highly doubtful books in their teachings as if they were the True Living Words of GOD Almighty.  I don't care what you call this, but I call it blasphemy, because it is the most ridiculous insult to GOD Almighty and His Holy Words that I have ever seen.

I just hope you see the real cheap quality in the religion of Christianity, with all my respect due to every Christian reader.

SAY NO TO CHRISTIANITY!

Embrace Islam, the religion of The One True Living Undivided GOD Almighty, and you will be saved! 

The Gospel of John:

"The author is the apostle John, 'the disciple whom Jesus loved' (13:23; 19:26; 20:2; 21:7, 20,24). He was prominent in the early church but is not mentioned by name in this Gospel--which would be natural if he wrote it, but hard to explain otherwise."  (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1588)

They claimed that it was John who wrote the Gospel, but yet, his name was not signed on his Gospel! How is it possible for us to be absolutely sure that it was indeed John who wrote the so called "Gospel of John" when "his name is not mentioned in this Gospel" so we can then take it as a 100% True Error-free Word of GOD Almighty?

SAY NO TO CHRISTIANITY!

Embrace Islam, the religion of The One True Living Undivided GOD Almighty, and you will be saved! 

The Gospel of 1 John:

"....Unlike most NT letters, 1 John does not tell us who its author is.  The earliest identification of him comes from the church fathers..." (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1904)

"The letter is difficult to date with precision..." (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1905)

This is really ironic! with all respect due to Christians.  If the Book's author is not for sure known, then why assume that it was Saint John who wrote it?

The verse 1 John 5:7 was later discovered to be a Satanic lie.  The Roman Catholic Theologians don't believe in it, and it doesn't exist in their Bibles.

The same case where no author is really known exists in the Gospels of 2 and 3 John.

SAY NO TO CHRISTIANITY!

The Book of Revelation:

"Four times the author identifies himself as John (1:1,4,9; 22:cool.....In the third century, however, an African bishop named Dionysius compared the language, style and thought of the Apocalypse (Revelation) with that of the other writings of John and decided that the book could not been written by the apostle of John."   (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1922)

Again, we don't know who wrote the Book of Revelation.  It is certainly highly doubtful that it was written by Apostle John.  The Theologians and Historians of the NIV Bible seem to agree with the invalidity of this book from the above quote.  So are you now going to consider the other John's words as the Words and Inspirations of GOD Almighty?

Notice that in the sections of "Gospel of John" and "Gospels of 1, 2 & 3  John" above, the author did not identify himself and it was ASSUMED without actual proofs that it was Saint John who wrote them.  Notice how they said that if he were to identify himself, then it would be hard for them to explain it.

Now, notice the author in the Book of Revelation does identify himself as John, but he has a complete different language and style of writing from the other books, which created much uncertainty about its validity in the Church.

My questions here are:  Who wrote the Books?  And is or is not Saint John supposed to identify himself in his books?  And where are his books that have his name on them?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Lekison(m): 6:55am On Jul 28, 2014
Uhmmm...hahahaha(moonsighting confusion)
Eyah...confused set of people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Massive Crowd As Presidential Aspirant Sowore Arrives Nigeria / President Macron Meets Buhari In Abuja (Photos) / Kano Elders Ask Court To Hasten The Exit Of The South-East From Nigeria - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.