Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

The Essence Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Essence Of Life (1198 Views)

The Essence Of Celebrating Good Friday / PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME :The True Essence Of Prayer / The Essence Of Paying Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Essence Of Life by yesboss20(m): 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
Have you ever thought you knew something but when faced with a situation that required its application, you realised that you were carried away because of the lack of knowledge?

I find myself at a point where I felt I knew what I truly did not know. During a meeting yesterday, some intriguing questions were raised concerning the recent state of national affairs and while I pondered on the questions, the responses from the congregation gave me insight into life.

As a kid/teen, I wondered why God allowed the devil to exist because Satan was created an Angel of beauty. It seemed logical to me that life without the enemy would have been the best; paradise on earth! However, if the devil ceased to exist and all forms of evil vanquished, what exactly would we be doing here?

The purpose of creation was and remains to honour the Creator. Yet, even as adults, we still get to think along that line: why does God allow evil? Why is this happening to me? Why is that happening to my family? All these reasonings are simply as a result of how we are fashioned as human beings...we must see the reason behind something or an event before we can accept it. But does everything truly have to make sense?

Consequently, we forget that most of the things around us are really illogical! A lot of mysteries exist in the world and our education through life only tries to make suggestions why this or that exists. Science postulates hypotheses then theories but how many of them are true?

The truth is that if life were logical and easy, what exactly would we be living for? If going to school and studying were a walk in the park, what would be the point? If the union of marriage was easy, how many are very successful?

The beauty of light can be best depicted in darkness. Life without challenges is not life at all: frankly, that is fantasy. The God who created us did so for a purpose: we are to honour Him in spite of our challenges, in spite of the mishaps, in spite of the seemingly unanswered prayers and in spite of all that we think is not working for us but against us.

During my service year, a friend was always repeating the phrase: it does not have to make sense so long as it makes faith. This short statement is the secret to many of the success stories we hear around. Men and women who went through squashing tribulations yet surmounted them because they knew that the One who created them had a reason for everything and they honoured Him through it all.

Are you a victim of the circumstances around you or is your inner mental state responsible for what happens publicly? For a truth, we only know in part. This entire life is a phase and the life we have at present is a gift from the Almighty. Only when we meet with our Maker would we know the truth. Until then however, every waking and breathing moment, in every situation, we should be thankful and full of joy for the life we have.

In closing, whether I am with child, not with child, with a job or jobless, married or single, accomplished in my career or still struggling in the race, the perspective and topmost outlook to have is: no matter where I am or what I do, I am the luckiest person on earth for life equals hope and I must honour God at all times. That is the right outlook to life.

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Life by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Beautiful! cheesy
Re: The Essence Of Life by yesboss20(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
striktlymi: Beautiful! cheesy

Thank you sir. Lord help us to show forth His glory.
Re: The Essence Of Life by yesboss20(m): 11:13am On Jul 28, 2014
Always remember this: No matter what I go through in life, God's plans and purpose for me will still come to pass so long as I refuse to get bitter but choose to hold onto God.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Life by yesboss20(m): 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
You know that indescribable feeling when your little son or daughter holds you so tightly because she feels like nothing bad can happen to her when you are there. . .that is how we should feel when in right standing with the Holy One. Completely safe and secure.
Re: The Essence Of Life by Orikinla(m): 8:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
This is the most inspirational article I have read on Nairaland since the beginning of 2014 and it lifted my spirits.

The present horrifying and terrifying realities in Nigeria left me depressed, because I am always affected by the suffering of others and the plight of another person can break my heart.
I always pray to God to take good care of others as He is taking very good care of me.

May God intervene and deliver Nigerians from these troubled times.

1 Like

Re: The Essence Of Life by yesboss20(m): 9:24pm On Aug 09, 2014
Orikinla: This is the most inspirational article I have read on Nairaland since the beginning of 2014 and it lifted my spirits.

The present horrifying and terrifying realities in Nigeria left me depressed, because I am always affected by the suffering of others and the plight of another person can break my heart.
I always pray to God to take good care of others as He is taking very good care of me.

May God intervene and deliver Nigerians from these troubled times.

Amen and Amen. His word says that weeping may endure for the night but joy comes in the morning. We are surely just experiencing a phase: His glory is showing forth soonest. Just wait and see.

Do not be depressed for our Father has not given us a spirit of fear. It is all happening as the Father said it would. All we need is love, power and a sound mind which only the Almighty gives.

Do have a blessed weekend.
Re: The Essence Of Life by yesboss20(m): 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
The Book of the Lord says "Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labour of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls - Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." Habakkuk 3:17-19.
Only in the Lord can we find strength. Nothing on this world can give that confidence. Aren't we extremely lucky to have such a loving Father who foretold us of things to come?

Thank You Lord!
Re: The Essence Of Life by Kay17: 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
That is what Life truly is.

The Dark and the Light. But your God is only one side to Life.
Re: The Essence Of Life by yesboss20(m): 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
Kay17: That is what Life truly is.

The Dark and the Light. But your God is only one side to Life.

Yes, my Father is the Light, the Light of the world, the Creator of all, the LORD Almighty!
Re: The Essence Of Life by yesboss20(m): 6:02pm On May 02, 2018
"...Every waking and breathing moment, in every situation, we should be thankful and full of joy for the life we have." This still applies today.

Thanks be unto the Lord for His Word!
Re: The Essence Of Life by Kay17: 5:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
yesboss20:

Yes, my Father is the Light, the Light of the world, the Creator of all, the LORD Almighty!

In other words i was saying your God is just one side of life not everything.

(1) (Reply)

You Guys Should Read This! #illuminare | God Vs Cain| / Night Of Worship 2014 With Tye Tribbett, Tasha Cobbs, Sonnie Badu & Enitan Adabe / Homosexuality: A Go-ahead In The Usa,the Start Of Great Tribulation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.