Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

. - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / . (28033 Views)

Computer Systems Repairs Thread (Hardware And Software) / Laptop/computer Repairs: Pls Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by bot101(m): 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM:
HOW DID YOU CONCLUDE YOUR CHARGING PORT IS FAULTY?
i dismantled the whole system, removed the power board and plugged it to the power source separately and it kept burning at the point where the power port interfaces with the power board. the laptop's model is clevo stylenote m660sr
Re: . by koseepaaro(m): 8:04am On Oct 21, 2014
bot101:

i dismantled the whole system, removed the power board and plugged it to the power source separately and it kept burning at the point where the power port interfaces with the power board. the laptop's model is clevo stylenote m660sr
If you reside anywhere in lagos, you can PM or phone me on 07031012161 to repair it. Good luck to you
Re: . by onegig(m): 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
bot101:

Good day. I saw your pm. Went through your posts but however, I am sorry I won't be able to help solve that problem. Motherboards from such unknown brands are very hard to source for. I can only advise you search on alibaba.com or other chinese web portals to see if you can order from there.
Re: . by superted87: 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
onegig:
Madam . Good evening. How was service today?
Yeah. they are very changeable. Once it gets spoilt best thing to do is to change it.

So sowie for quoting this text....I'll like yo get in touch with onegig....I ve a sony viao laptop with broken screen that. Needs fixing.....we had a chat abt buh cldnt find d mail u sent abt contacting u.... Kindly get back to me ...
Re: . by onegig(m): 11:40am On Oct 28, 2014
superted87:

So sowie for quoting this text....I'll like yo get in touch with onegig....I ve a sony viao laptop with broken screen that. Needs fixing.....we had a chat abt buh cldnt find d mail u sent abt contacting u.... Kindly get back to me ...
No issues. Responded to your mail.
Re: . by basille(m): 2:40am On Oct 30, 2014
My hp 10-E010N mini laptop refuses to boot pass the hp logo screen, it just goes blank or displays "Sorry, your pc ran into some problems", then it restarts.
I have tried all possible solutions but none won't just work. Such a situation occured previously and i restored to factory setting via hp recovery setup on bootup, but now it can't access the recovery setup anymore (screen goes blank).

I even tried formatting from a usb stick but after loading the windows menu, the screen went blank.
Re: . by onegig(m): 2:52am On Oct 30, 2014
basille:
My hp 10-E010N mini laptop refuses to boot pass the hp logo screen, it just goes blank or displays "Sorry, your pc ran into some problems", then it restarts.
I have tried all possible solutions but none won't just work. Such a situation occured previously and i restored to factory setting via hp recovery setup on bootup, but now it can't access the recovery setup anymore (screen goes blank).

I even tried formatting from a usb stick but after loading the windows menu, the screen went blank.

Can you carry out an hard disk test?

Enter the bios setup and go under diagonistics. Run the basic hard disk test and get back to me.
I beed to ascertain if it's the hard disk before proceeding on telling you what next to do. Thanks
Re: . by funmies: 11:20am On Oct 30, 2014
Pls the keys of my laptop has stopped working and I can't even use an external keyboard because the usb port too is not working. Is it repairabe? And where can I repair?
Re: . by onegig(m): 1:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
funmies:
Pls the keys of my laptop has stopped working and I can't even use an external keyboard because the usb port too is not working. Is it repairabe? And where can I repair?

What is the model? If it's an Hp, you can get it fixed for 5k.
Re: . by 1wolex85: 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
onegig:

What is the model? If it's an Hp, you can get it fixed for 5k.

If you are in lagos you can call me on 09032246899.
Hello, do you know anyone good with fixing network ports and running network cables in a storey building? If you do, holla at me.
Re: . by onegig(m): 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
1wolex85:

Hello, do you know anyone good with fixing network ports and running network cables in a storey building? If you do, holla at me.

Yeah. You just quoted my number.Call me.
Re: . by talk2dre(m): 12:22am On Oct 31, 2014
onegig:

Yeah. You just quoted my number.Call me.

My laptop, Acer emachines E640 left speaker is bad. How much will it cost me to replace it?
Re: . by onegig(m): 11:45am On Oct 31, 2014
talk2dre:

My laptop, Acer emachines E640 left speaker is bad. How much will it cost me to replace it?
Morning 3k.
Re: . by basille(m): 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
onegig:

Can you carry out an hard disk test?

Enter the bios setup and go under diagonistics. Run the basic hard disk test and get back to me.
I beed to ascertain if it's the hard disk before proceeding on telling you what next to do. Thanks
All hard disk test i conducted reported: failed.
Re: . by onegig(m): 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
basille:
All hard disk test i conducted reported: failed.
There you have it. Your hard disk is bad and needs replacement.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2014
Re: . by onegig(m): 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
obadizena:
Hello Sir,
My desktop PC is HP Compag dc 7600 SFF, Pentium 4, 3.20GHz dual CPU, 512MB RAM/80GB HDD. CD-RW/DVD-ROM COMBO.
First, the DVD ROM stopped responding. Later, the PS/2 mouse cursor got frozen in the centre of the screen. The device manager is showing. [......the driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39) ] Then the keyboard also stopped responding.
How much will fix and upgrade the system to 2GB RAM and 160GB HDD. Also, how long will it take?
Memory type is DDR2 PC2-4200.
Memory slot: 4DIMM
I will get back to you.
Re: . by onegig(m): 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
obadizena:
Hello Sir,
My desktop PC is HP Compag dc 7600 SFF, Pentium 4, 3.20GHz dual CPU, 512MB RAM/80GB HDD. CD-RW/DVD-ROM COMBO.
First, the DVD ROM stopped responding. Later, the PS/2 mouse cursor got frozen in the centre of the screen. The device manager is showing. [......the driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39) ] Then the keyboard also stopped responding.
How much will fix and upgrade the system to 2GB RAM and 160GB HDD. Also, how long will it take?

sent you a pm. Please respond.
Re: . by onegig(m): 7:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
obadizena:
Hello Sir,

sent you a pm. respond
Re: . by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
onegig:

sent you a pm. respond

Excuse me Sir, ur PM
never arrived. Kindly re-send it.
Thanx once again!
Re: . by Tyz: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
No bootable device insert boot disc and press any
key error.
when I try to re install Windows 7 it say Error 0x80300024 Fix Windows is unable to install
to the selected location. but I can see my hard drive as 463gb
my laptop is HP 630 Core i3
Re: . by onegig(m): 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
Tyz:
No bootable device insert boot disc and press any
key error.
when I try to re install Windows 7 it say Error 0x80300024 Fix Windows is unable to install
to the selected location. but I can see my hard drive as 463gb
my laptop is HP 630 Core i3
Restart your ayatem and enter the bios setup and go under the diagonistics. Carry out an Hard disk test and report. That your hard disk is displaying doesn't mean it is healthy. if it passes all the test. Please endeavour to fprmat completely before continuing with the installation.
Re: . by onegig(m): 4:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
obadizena:

Excuse me Sir, ur PM
never arrived. Kindly re-send it.
Thanx once again!
Sorry for the slow response.
Re: . by Tyz: 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
onegig:
Restart your ayatem and enter the bios setup and go under the diagonistics. Carry out an Hard disk test and report. That your hard disk is displaying doesn't mean it is healthy. if it passes all the test. Please endeavour to fprmat completely before continuing with the installation.
the system memory tested OK but the primary hard disk self test .
quick test stuck @ 0%....
Re: . by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
onegig:
Sorry for the slow response. I sent you another just now or you m8ght just call me on 09032246899 to make it more faster

Have replied!
Re: . by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
Re: . by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
Have replied!
Re: . by onegig(m): 6:44am On Nov 05, 2014
Tyz:

the system memory tested OK but the primary hard disk self test .
quick test stuck @ 0%....
You have a failing hard disk. Replace it and you would be able to complete installation. A 320gb costs around 8k now. Try and buy an external casing to be able backup your files.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 05, 2014
@ onegig.
I've seen your mail. Thanx a lot!
Re: . by onegig(m): 8:34am On Nov 05, 2014
obadizena:
@ onegig.
I've seen your mail. Thanx a lot!
Welcome.
Re: . by onegig(m): 8:37am On Nov 05, 2014
Some dell high end Used but very clean laptops available for sale on this link.

https://www.nairaland.com/1972416/laptops-sale
Re: . by Tyz: 10:42am On Nov 05, 2014
onegig:
You have a failing hard disk. Replace it and you would be able to complete installation. A 320gb costs around 8k now. Try and buy an external casing to be able backup your files.
thanks I will try dat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Affordable Uk used laptops for sale / Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) / TECNO Unveils Megabook T1 10th Generation Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.